Venkateswara Unlimited, Aug 14-16

Peter Van Geit

Jul 9, 2010, 2:02:21 AM7/9/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
More deadly then ever before.... Not for the weak hearted.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFJmX2RDU2xBZ3JJVFN6OXVJSHBvaHc6MA

Venkateswara Unlimited, Aug 14-16

This is a *3-day* trek along a tough trail that will take us along some of the most beautiful spots in Venkateswara - the largest gorge (500m long, 100m deep) ever discovered in CTC's history, the highest falls (200m) ever seen, the toughest narrow gorge to overcome, mind blowing rock formations, steep climbs and descents, ancient forest rest houses and jeep tracks overgrown by the jungle documented on old army maps. We will be exploring several new trails and valleys never done before. This is a trek with minimal luggage, maximum pace, compact group - participants need to have an excellent fitness level and tough mindset to overcome some of the most challenging terrain. We will only admit trekkers who have completed difficult or moderate+ treks in CTC earlier on. Selection is based on the discretion of the organizer.

*SUMMARY*

Level - difficult (for regular trekkers). One needs to have an excellent fitness level
Terrain - stream boulders, uphill climbs, lush green forest, clear water streams
Where - Venkateswara, 4 hours North of Chennai
Transportation - sharing own vehicles
Duration - Saturday early morning till Monday late night
Distance - 50km long trek from West till East Venkateswara
Expense - approx 900Rs (food and fuel expenses will be shared)

*PICK UP POINTS/TIMINGS*

3am - Tidel (bus stop)
3:10am - Madya Kailash (bus stop)
3:25am - Guindy Katipara (Toyota showroom)
3:40am - Koyambedu (Nathan Cafe)
7am - Tirupati (public bus stand)

*WHAT TO CARRY*

1) Good walking shoes & a pair of sandals to move around in streams and the camping site.
2) Small/compact (NOT large) back-pack to carry water, food + following essentials
3) Blanket (nights will be warm) or Sleeping bag
4) LED torch to get around at night
5) One extra set of clothes to sleep dry at night
6) Sun cap and cream (to protect from sun)
7) Three set of reusable PET bottles (can be filled along the stream)
8) Reusable bowl and spoon for dinner (No disposable ones)
9) Camera, fully charged batteries, memory card – optional
10) Sleeping mat

Food and transport will be taken care of by the organizers

*ORGANIZERS*

Peter - peter.vangeit@gmail,com, 9600004509

Note - admission is based on the organizers discretion (attitude, fitness level, volunteering)

--
Peter Van Geit
Dare to create your own path rather than follow existing trails

Peter Van Geit

Jul 9, 2010, 5:43:45 AM7/9/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
Already 35 brave members have signed up for this deadly survival mission through the mysterious inner jungles hidden deep inside the Venkateswara national reserved forest. We will keep the registrations open for a few more days before we shortlist and announce the final participant list early next week based on their past fitness and volunteering record. Life will never be the same for the survivors. Body and mind will be stretched beyond previously known limits. Maybe God have mercy on their souls...

moon.jpg
fire.jpg

Registrations

Prafulla Kiran
Bhargav
JaiGanesh S
Ponkarthik P
Bishu Kumar Naik
Ranjithkumar
Mohammad Rafi Shaik
Karthikeyan
Praveen Kumar
Lakshmi Narasimhan
sushanth k
S Vinoth Kumar
Lavanya
daniel balaji
Arun Karthik N
SRINIVASAN
Abishek Subramanian
Arjun Sundar
Vani Maradi
Sibin P. Thomas
ashok kumar
nagin
Priyanka Sharma
Y ChandraBabu
ravi gaja
manojkumar n
Harish Kumar
Sudharsan
Vinod
Sundar
adhavan
Priyank
Balasenthil
vivek reddy

Peter.
fire.jpg
moon.jpg

Peter Van Geit

Jul 13, 2010, 8:13:40 AM7/13/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
87 registered for our 3-day mission impossible. Great to see such overwhelming response! Venkateswara remains tempting for body and soul. I am hereby closing further registrations. Will shortlist the final list of 35 selected participants based on their fitness level and past volunteering in CTC treks and announce in a few days

vivek reddy
Sheik dawood
Venkatesh Vallakati
Murali Kanth Sirigiri
Venkatesh Vallakati
Sai Vinoth M P
Chitra Subramanian
gayathri chandrashekar
Kishore v
Nitin Gupta
Venkat N
arvindh selvaraj
karthick ambikapathy
Neelima
vikram venkatraaman
C Raghavendra
Tamilarasan
Balaji Sekar
Tarannum
ravindran
Aditya Gopalan
Guna
Pranap S P
Kannan
NobalMohan
Sridhar
Sandeep Mehta
Dinesh Kumar
Rajesh Prasath
Ramkumar
Vinay.KR
Mahadevan
jeeva
Mohankumar V
Vijay Pal
sri
Vinod
Manish Mishra
Niharika Singh
Deepak gupta
pradeep pendhota
pradeep pendhota
Senthil Kumar R
Prateek Dwivedi
g.selvachandrakumar
Palanikumar R V
R.Sampath
Sekhar Jajimoggala
Prathap Nair
Amit Dalal

Stay tuned,
Peter.
fire.jpg
moon.jpg

Peter Van Geit

Aug 17, 2010, 6:38:04 PM8/17/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
36 members came out of the jungle Monday night after a 3 days/ 2 nights survival mission through the most beautiful inner regions of the Venkateswara National Reserved forest. It was yet another wonderful weekend with a wonderful group of like minded trekkers exploring the unexplored, mind boggling views of the 150m tall "ice" falls (highest ever discovered in CTC), the steep descent from Talakona into the center valley of Venkateswara, Arvindth the man who is tougher then half a ton of solid rock, the awesome pools and falls of the "cave" pool (largest found in CTC), the breath taking valley views from the top of the mountains, the steep ascent to the origin of the ice falls, the 4 hour search in the night for drinkable water, the yummy food and cosy campfires at the campsites, the raising of the nation's flag on Sunday morning, the discovery of an ancient rest house, the amazing team spirit within the group, .... These are the days which will be remembered for a life time....

Early September we will be exploring the mysterious jungles of Ombattu Gudde in the Western Ghats... And stay tuned for the next survival mission in October coming your way soon.... A totally new exploration of a yet unexplored location....

Experiences, photos and videos are being shared on our forum. Subscribe yourself for notifications on the forum to automatically receive updates....

Peter.