Chennai Coastal Cleanup/2 - Jan 9, 2011

Peter Van Geit

Dec 2, 2010, 4:09:42 AM12/2/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
It has been 4 months since CTC's last environmental awareness campaign Save Tada/2.
It has been 7 months since our Chennai Coastal Cleanup

Presenting Mission CCC - Chapter 2 - a massive effort to clean up the entire Chennai coastal line and send a strong message of environmental awareness to our society. Requesting all our members to volunteer and sign up below. Let

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHFiaFhMSUJhVjFEb21DRDdQaHhpZ0E6MA

Chennai Coastal Cleanup/2 - Jan 9, 2011

Mission - Spread environmental awareness to preserve nature in and around our crowded city.
How - Clean up 15 km Chennai beach stretch from Marina till Injambakkam
When - Sunday Jan 9, 2011, 5am-10am Plan of Action -

CCC2_reduced.jpg

POA

5am - 500+ volunteers assemble in 11 pick up points across the city. Participants from other cities are most welcome to support this epic endeavor. (see below)
5-6am - Volunteers will be grouped in 15 Garbage Busting (GB) teams and teams will move to 15 designated beach zones between Marina till Injambakkam.
6 am - Upon Arrival at beaches, Distribute garbage bags, gloves and strategise about how the teams will work together to overcome this Eco-challenge.
6-9am - Each of the teams will only have to clean a 1 km zone. This challenge will be accomplished successfully even before the sun rises high above our heads.
9am - After all that work, teams will gobble down yummy breakfast after which take there will be group photos with mountains of garbage bags so that the press can publish our beliefs and efforts In pictures.
10-11am - This will be followed by safe disposal of garbage following which we will return back to various the drop off points in the city.

CCC2_dirth.jpg

Awareness through Media : CTC photographers will extensively cover the entire clean-up operation. CTC hopes to ensure that with wide media coverage before, during and after the clean-up event,

The public in general will be a little more thoughtful and aware before littering along the beautiful beaches on the long coastline of Chennai.

--
Peter Van Geit
Dare to create your own path rather than follow existing trails

CCC2_dirth.jpg
CCC2_reduced.jpg

Peter Van Geit

Dec 2, 2010, 12:43:08 PM12/2/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
Boing.... 50 members signed up already in no time.... the green army of volunteers is slowing building up for the largest ever coastal cleanup Chennai has witnessed.... Let's show this city what no one else but CTC is capable of... let's change the course of history... maximum man power = maximum exposure = maximum awareness. Our group has the momentum to make a change. What are you waiting for? Step forward and  sign up now.

Statistics

Participants

Peter
Harikrishnan V
shankar
Aishwarya
Pravin Shekar
Vinoda akkina
Hari Babu T
sridhar
Vadivel K
Hari Haran V
Magesh N
Rajinikandh ARS
J Jayakumar
Durai Murugan
Javed
Lavanya Balasubramani
Raja A
prasanna
V.Rajesh Kanna
Selvakumar Jambulingam
Nagarajan
R Murugan
Sharath mayuran
Raghu.k
Siva Kumar Gurunathan
Balaji Thangavel
VS Arun
Murali R
Gautham Gurumurthi
Nitin Sharma
M.P.BABU
CHANDRABABU
Vasannth S
Jayanthi
Nivya S
GaneshKumar G
Gowrishankar K
Arumugam M
krishnakumar
Alex Franklin Jude
Sam
Sukhpreet Kaur
Shobha
Veera
Visshnu M
rajalingam
Bharanidharan
Vinoth
Senthil Kumar Mani
Deepalakshmi Senthil Kumar
Avijeet Rakshit
Arvind Ramasubramanian
Vinoth Kumar K
Nandhini Ashok

Peter.
CCC2_dirth.jpg
CCC2_reduced.jpg

Peter Van Geit

Dec 6, 2010, 7:51:16 AM12/6/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
125 members have signed up for mission Chennai Coastal Cleanup/2 on January 9th. Excellent response in just 3 days... Come on - where are the others  - we need at least 500 volunteers for this massive cleanup task. It will be fun to spend a cool Sunday morning with like minded CTCians on a windy beach spreading awareness within our own city. Sign up here.
Neetha
Aswin Dorairaj
Dharmendar D Rane
Karthik R yadav
Saba
Karthik Chandrasekharan
Vivek Srinivas
Hariharan
Senthil Kumar R
Yuvaraj
Manoj menon
Sathyanarayan L
Nagin
Velappan
radhaa
Pankaj
Benley Samuel
Deenesh Raaj
Param
Vijayaganesh
Karthik Arumugam
Nilojan
karthikeyan
Akhilesh Singh
Zeba Ahmad
sathishkumar
Jisha Jayakumar
Shenthil Elango
deepak gupta
Ganesh Kumar
Rajesh V
sivasakthi
Sathya Swaroop
saji verghese
Krishna
P Senthilnathan
Annie Christine Julie
Abhishek Mishra
Avinash Kumaar
JasonWinni
Ajay N Moorthy
Anand Dorapalli
VENKATA AJAY KUMAR G
Ganesh Kumar D
Prabhu Seshagiri
Niranjana
Dharshana
Shyam Krishna
BAILY
CLIFFORD
PRICILLA
Vignesh
Reena
Prabhakaran K
jonyeshwar
Gokulnath Subramanian
Subramanian K
lakshmi
Venkat Raman
P S Suresh
Shreyas Belle
Sunil Kumar.R
A S N Rao
Gokul Dharmarajan
Nandhini
Avinash V

Peter.

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Peter Van Geit <peter....@gmail.com> wrote:
CCC2_reduced.jpg
CCC2_dirth.jpg

Peter Van Geit

Dec 10, 2010, 5:46:43 AM12/10/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
270 volunteers have signed up including 100 through the Rotary Club of Madras Coromandel and various schools/colleges they are associated with - MGR Janaki College of Arts, Govt College of Physiotherapy, Corporation School Avvai Home, Corporation School - Okkaim Thoraipakkam. Come on where are the remaining CTC-ians? Join the green army, get out of ur lazy bed on Sunday Jan 9th and spend a few ours on a breezy beach making a difference. Sign up here.

You know any companies, schools or colleges whom might be interested to participate? Just please talk to them and if interested request them to confirm an approximate headcount - no need to register individually. We can allocate individual beach zones to groups based on headcount and provide coordination from CTC's side.

Please use the attached campaign poster to spread awareness online through Facebook, Twitter, blogs, mailing lists and more.

4 more weeks till C-day....

Vignesh
Vignesh
Reena
Prabhakaran K
jonyeshwar
Gokulnath Subramanian
Subramanian K
lakshmi
Venkat Raman
P S Suresh
Shreyas Belle
Sunil Kumar.R
A S N Rao
Gokul Dharmarajan
Nandhini
Avinash V
T.M. Srikanth
Muraleedharan
divya rajagopal
vinod veeraraghavan
Gurumurthy
Jhanani
Sriram.S
Rajavel
Jayakumar
Kala
 P V Srinivas
Visshnu
Saranya Sumi
Thivya dharshini
Sriranjani B
Sridhar Raparthi
Prakash
pavithra
Gowri sankar
Prasanna V
Vignesh B
L Vijayakumari
Neha Saha
Boopalan K
Swami
Deva
Ramachandran.B
Ragupathy Dayalan
Nagul Ram.K
Mohammed Waseem
P.K.PRASAD
Venkatraman
Ramesh B
gokul vadivel
Amar Naik
Surulikannan
Praveen P Sathaye
Shashi
giridharan
Ramprasath
Abishek Ashok Jain
Suneel C Koneru
Sunith Babu
Deepanarayanan A
vijayakumari
Deepthi
Nilesh Kotalwar
CCC2.jpg

Peter Van Geit

Dec 19, 2010, 11:26:46 PM12/19/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
320 volunteers have signed up for the largest coastal cleanup in Chennai's history. We got just 3 weeks to go - a sincere appeal to our other members to join hands and make a difference - we have a mammoth task at hand and will need all the help we can get. You are welcome to bring along friends, colleagues, relatives - it's gonna  be a wonderful experience to pull off one of the largest environmental awareness events in recent memory. Sign up now
Ramesh Madhavan
P Geetha
BIJU VK
Mohit Sharma
yuvarajsubramanian
Prabhu K
Anish Thomas
jothimanikandan
Mohan Dass
Manikandan
Muthu
Dipti Jashnani
Dewan Nafees Ahmed h
Thameem
s ramkumar
usharani
Bhaskar R
Krishna TL
Prakash KS
Sindhu Sukesh
VIJAY R
Deepika Arumugam
Shankar Rao
Rajasekar.S
Vinita Hegde
Sathish Kumar
S.Karthick
T.P.Gopalakrishnan
Manikandaprabu
srividhya
Krishna
Dinesh Babu. M
m.gowtham
Subodh
Vijayraghavan
Prabu Narayanan
Gokul Balakrishnan
Aarthi
Sathya Narayanan R
Gokul Dharmarajan
charles antony
K ANAND
Indira Priyadarshini
Krishnaraj T

Peter.

Peter Van Geit

Dec 31, 2010, 3:48:37 AM12/31/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
350+ volunteers signed up so far for Mission CCC/2 on Jan 9th. Several members are talking to their companies, to colleges, friends to join our awareness campaign. Come on, where are the others - sign up now and show Chennai that CTC can make a difference....

Volunteers

Karthik R
Ansar
gajendrakumar p
ajay kandappa
Suvish Viswanathan
Vinod Kannan D
Goutham
Amar Karthi
Hari
Idris Sharif
Prasanna Surendran
Jefferey Rayan
Pratap Singh
Srinivasan G
Shumon
Sucharita
goutham adithya v
R.SARANGARAJAN
Raja.V
Thanuja Mohan Rao
Muthiah Ramanathan
D.suganya
Radha
Kugan
somasundaram
guruhassan
balaji
Deepak Kumar
Thameem
Ambarish
sowmiya vishwanathan
Vinod Charan
Saurabh Bhatnagar
Shashank Bhatnagar
Vaishnavi
Vasanth Rayan
Arumugam
Gayathri
Maruthi Raj M
Kiruba Shankar

Peter.

Peter Van Geit

Jan 4, 2011, 12:08:54 AM1/4/11
to The Chennai Trekking Club
6 more days to go.... The green army is steadily growing.... 500+ volunteers are ready to attack Chennai's troubled coastal line on Sunday in the largest clean sweep operation in Chennai recent history. Come on everyone - we need all help we can get - invite your friends, family, colleagues.... Sign up now. Contact any companies, schools, colleges you know who might be interested to join us...

Our partners

nokia.jpg is participating with 100-150 volunteers

Rotary Club of Madras Coromandel and various schools/colleges they are associated with - MGR Janaki College of Arts, Govt College of Physiotherapy, Corporation School Avvai Home, Corporation School - Okkaim Thoraipakkam are participating with 100 volunteers

Our sponsors

A big thanks to our sponsors who ensure the campaign remains free of cost for all our volunteers.

madras_cements.jpg RAMCO SOCIAL SERVICE LEAGUE – MADRAS CEMENTS LTD is sponsoring garbage gloves for all volunteers.

If you know any company or group which is willing to sponsor please let us krsnow - caps, t-shirts, water, snacks, etc.

Media/awareness

jayatv.jpg will be covering the cleanup operations on Sunday

Request to our members - if you have any contacts with major news papers (Hindu, TOI, DC) or TV channels (NDTV Hindu, Sun TV, ...) please forward the attached news release. The more coverage our cleanup operation gets, the more awareness we will spread in the general public, the more likely we will be able to make a difference in mentality and convert the Chennai Coastal Line to its original beauty.

CTC Volunteers (300)

Harikrishnan V
shankar
Aishwarya