Psych lil/big conversation. Evidence of meeting

Sarah A. Brois

Mar 26, 2010, 5:37:51 AM3/26/10
to rupsych...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

As you know I am studying abroad this semester and I am unable to meet with my little. The below conversation has been copied and pasted from a facebook message chat which will show that my little (Julia Di Clemente) and I (Sarah Brois) have discussed psychology topics. Thanks again!

Sincerely,
Sarah Brois

Julia Di Clemente March 24 at 11:07am
Hi Sarah,
I hope you have been enjoying you time in Australia I am so jealous!!! I know that registration for next year's classes is coming up and I just had a few questions for you. I still have to fulfill the behavioral and cognitive core courses for the major any suggestions?? Also do you recommend taking you lab with the course it is coupled with?
Thanks again for all you help, I really appreciate it! :)
Julia

Sarah Brois March 24 at 12:42pm
Australia is going well, I cannot complain :). You should definitely try to go abroad a semester, totally worth it. Anyways, I would suggest conditioning and learning. It is the most simple and most practical class out of the three. You learn alot about drugs and human behavior..I thought it was interesting.

I took it with Matzel, you don't need to buy the textbook if you take him, you will save money! Also, Professor Tomie teaches Conditioning and Learning as well. I think he focuses on Math a little more though, I heard his class was fairly interesting and not too difficult. If that does not interest you, I did some research online regarding the other courses.
The courses that I found are as listed..

Behavioral Neuroscience*
830:310 Neuropsychology
830:311 Conditioning & Learning
830:313 Physiological Psychology

Cognitive Psychology*
830:301 Sensation & Perception
830:303 Memory & Attention
830:305 Cognitive Psychology
830:351 Psychology of Language

Neuropsychology has a lot to do with the brain. If you enjoy science and learning about neurons, this would definitely suffice.

Memory and Attention has to do with language acquisition, retention, recall, and forgetting of verbal and nonverbal material. Basically, stuff about remembering . It is a combination of behavior, theorists, and cognition.

Cognitive psychology has a lot to do with the brain and how the mind processes situations and external events. I heard Mayhew is a great professor for the class.

Physiological Psychology has a lot to do with behavior and biology. It is one of the harder courses, but you learn quite a bit about! It may be worth it if you enjoy biology.

Psychology of Language..need I say more . Its basically everything you need to know about language development. It includes learning about the syntax and the meaning of words in languages (the semantics). It is a little harder than some of the classes but once again, you learn a great deal and it is interesting!

Sensation and Perception. I just copied and pasted the summary from the website. It is the principles of sensory processes in vision, audition, and other modalities, and of the perception of objects and events. Overall, it has a lot to do with the brain and our senses. Very science based.

I definitely recommend taking a lab with the complimenting course. I believe you must have a B+ or better in order to take the lab course, however. I hope this helps and if you have anymore questions feel free to e-mail me. My facebook is a little slow here because everyone is on it lol.
Take care Julia!

Sincerely,
Sarah

Julia Di Clemente March 25 at 10:55am
Hey Sarah-
Thank you so much for all that info!! As always you have been extremely helpful and I really appreciate all your help and tips! :) If i have any more questions I will let you know. Thanks again!
Julia

Mar 29, 2010, 2:18:34 PM3/29/10
to rupsych...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sarah! Keep up the good work and have fun in Australia.

Best,
Billy Tsang

P.S. I enjoy your motivational facebook statuses :P I hope you're being productive.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rupsychalliance+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.