Ganpati's Sunday Run

Vinod Kaul

Sep 15, 2010, 3:43:19 AM9/15/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

The Ganpati chela's will be running from SV Park at 5 am this coming
Sunday. They are targeting 25 km with a fairly flat route - likely
Patient's Run or Marathon-Arrow...Ajmer, you had a route of this
length via Bhadshahur? All are welcome to participate or connect with
this run at some point.

Cheers!
Vinod

Namburi

Sep 15, 2010, 4:06:26 AM9/15/10
to runningandlivingleisurevalley-gurgaon
I hv to do 27k this sunday. i am wondering if 5a.m wld be too late.
May be 4.30?

Namburi

Vinod Kaul

Sep 15, 2010, 4:28:05 AM9/15/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that is a point. I am OK with 4:30. What about the others?

Vinod

shshank...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2010, 4:45:37 AM9/15/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Ok 430

Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone Essar

Arvind Singh

Sep 15, 2010, 5:37:02 AM9/15/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Little tough for me. I have a late night on Saturday, but will try to get there. What route should we take? On option is SV to Sohna Road and back (about 14-15 k) and then towards the Patients Run for about 5 k and back. Or 7 rounds of the 4 k loop around leisure valley. I remember Randeep did that last Saturday.

Vinod Kaul

Sep 15, 2010, 5:48:19 AM9/15/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
I am OK with Leisure Valley. Will also permit those who come late to
catch up by going counter-clockwise!

Also, I suppose no place is too far frm Ganpati!

Vinod

Namburi

Sep 15, 2010, 7:24:11 AM9/15/10
to runningandlivingleisurevalley-gurgaon
Not valley pl. I am sick of running there last sunday alone. Lets do
combo of arrow & IDR (patients) route.

Namburi

Ajmer Singh

Sep 15, 2010, 7:49:54 AM9/15/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,

Running in circles around the park never gives that joy and satisfaction to long distance runners. You never enjoying running endlessly in circles like "KOLHU KA BAIL " as you feel you are where you have started and do not get that feel of having reached some milestone......

Milestones on road too are good motivators , last week I was in Rajasthan on official tour and started out on one fine morning for a small walk... walked  with a lure to cover just one more mile stone and one more...It was cool morning kept walking  crossed the city limit... some villages ...and reached district boundry and realised that I have covered 18 km. Took a state  transport bus to save time on return.

Leisure valley runs are good when you are running with ladies and kids but not for this ganpati group. Actually when ever I hear of practice run in leisure valley it is turn off. I would say if the team wants to run in circles than it is better to move to Stadium near Rajeev Chowk -  it has an excellent infra for runners and  other athletes.

For the Long runs  have to be such that you dont repeat any track except entry and exit. It can be a straight route where your touch and return like SV -Sohna route or a big circle like SV - patient route - sohna - Golf course exten- SV.

So next time when we plan - our long runs plan them in the real spirit of cross country - and let us run and see the country ...... In fact we can plan some big one way run -- may be to Sohna or Faridabad - Sultanpur- Surajkund taking a one way flight. Believe me you will remember that run much more than any of your weekly long runs. It can be a good picnic run and fun.

Warm Regards
Ajmer Lohan

Mahinder Kumar

Sep 15, 2010, 9:09:31 AM9/15/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com

Ajmer,

I perfectly agree with you. One needs to go and run in country side to enjoy long run.

Mahinder

Sep 15, 2010, 9:45:01 AM9/15/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Fine by me.

Randeep - where and how much are you doing?

Namburi

shshank...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2010, 9:46:35 AM9/15/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Fine by me as well.... Randeep has to tell his Sat and Sun plan...... Awaiting the plan......

Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone Essar

From: Arvind Singh <singh.a...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 19:15:01 +0530

Arvind Singh

Sep 15, 2010, 9:49:00 AM9/15/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
While I agree that running around in circles can get tedious, there are some benefits when you see it simply from the point of view of a training run. You settle into a rhythm and can monitor pace per lap and stuff like that. Doing this a few times will help for the Gurgaon R&L marathon, which has 10 k laps (5 one way).

Ideally for the sheer joy of running, of course nothing better than wide open spaces where you go from point A to point B.

Arvind

randeep singh arora

Sep 15, 2010, 11:05:08 AM9/15/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
sirji,

saturday we are opn our own, need to do 3 hours , so start at 4.30. i did a nice route yesterday , which is also something we could all do on sunday also.
start from sv move right towards the golf course, further down the golf course , when you reach the round about take a right & head towards the bio diversity park, , at the junction of the mehrauli road turn back.this works to about a 14 km loop, fairly flatish, nice roads & towards the end of the 1st loop there is some climb thrown in for good measure.
so we start 4.30 on saturday & 4.00 on sunday, i am ok with all runs,the only issue i have with very big loops ist that towards the end of the loop i am running out of hydration, so would normally prefer a 10 12 km loop ,but i am fine with a 4 km loop to a 20 km loop, as long we have a group going & there are more people adding onto the group.

randeep

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 19:52:03 +0530 wrote
Sender: runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 19:15:01 +0530To: ReplyTo: runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Namburi wrote:

Not valley pl. I am sick of running there last sunday alone. Lets do
combo of arrow & IDR (patients) route.

Namburi

Ravi Parmeshwar

Sep 15, 2010, 11:06:27 AM9/15/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
so here is an alternative which namburi and i did on last friday.
start at leisure valley at 430 for those who have to more than 20plus km runs, do two laps....by which time the others join, run from there to devi lal stadium which is 4 km...that makes it 12km...then within the stadium do 10 laps which is equal to 5 km, come out of the sohna road gate and come back to lesiure valley...that will make it around 26-27 km....

a couple of advantages is that there are not too many loops, the park and the stadium are good places to run, relatively cleaner, gives time for water bottle replinishment, lesser number of stray dogs....and for people like me who run slower than most, it gives some opportunity to catch up in the middle of the run otherwise, i end up running alone after the first 2 kms...

cheers...Ravi

Arvind Singh

Sep 15, 2010, 9:45:49 PM9/15/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Yeh bhi theek hai, but it would appear Namburi does not want to go
anywhere near Leisure Valley at least for now.

Those are the other good things about loops though - even if long
ones. Hydration and people running at different paces are never too
far from each other. Anyway - let's let Randeep decide. With the
amount he's running, he needs to be the most comfortable with the
route.

Arvind

>>> --

>>> runningandlivingleisurev...@googlegroups.com<runningandlivingleisurevalley-gurgaon%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

>>> .
>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/runningandlivingleisurevalley-gurgaon?hl=en
>>> .
>>>

>> --

>> runningandlivingleisurev...@googlegroups.com<runningandlivingleisurevalley-gurgaon%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

>> .
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/runningandlivingleisurevalley-gurgaon?hl=en
>> .
>>

> --

Sent from my mobile device

Vinod Kaul

Sep 15, 2010, 11:15:51 PM9/15/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
I think Randeep's route is good and new for us and so interesting enough!

Here is food for thought on another route: From Leisure Valley
parking, turn left to Signature Towers, turn left to HUDA City Centre
Metro station and then follow the metro route, turn left after Power
Grid and IFFCO offices back towards LV. I figure we will have to do
only 4 laps of this.

Vinod

Ankush Mendiratta

Sep 16, 2010, 3:52:05 AM9/16/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
The "Runbugs" are going for a 21 K run tomorrow(Friday) starting Smriti Vatika at 4.30 AM.
We plan to take the T&C route & add on the either the "Suncity hill route" or the "mountain route beyond IREO".
As of now, its KK, Mahinder, Sushant, Pankaj & myself & we are hoping that more folks can join us too !

thanks, Ankush

randeep singh arora

Sep 16, 2010, 4:05:30 AM9/16/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
dear arvind sir,

thanks for the gracious offer, but i am really fine with anywhere, would just like to avoid a 20 km loop, 13-14 is fine.

randeep

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 07:15:00 +0530 wrote

On 9/15/10, Ravi Parmeshwar wrote:

> so here is an alternative which namburi and i did on last friday.

> start at leisure valley at 430 for those who have to more than 20plus km

> runs, do two laps....by which time the others join, run from there to devi

> lal stadium which is 4 km...that makes it 12km...then within the stadium do

> 10 laps which is equal to 5 km, come out of the sohna road gate and come

> back to lesiure valley...that will make it around 26-27 km....

> a couple of advantages is that there are not too many loops, the park and

> the stadium are good places to run, relatively cleaner, gives time for

> water bottle replinishment, lesser number of stray dogs....and for people

> like me who run slower than most, it gives some opportunity to catch up in

> the middle of the run otherwise, i end up running alone after the first 2

> kms...

> cheers...Ravi

> On 15/09/2010, Arvind Singh wrote:

>> While I agree that running around in circles can get tedious, there are

>> some benefits when you see it simply from the point of view of a training

>> run. You settle into a rhythm and can monitor pace per lap and stuff like

>> that. Doing this a few times will help for the Gurgaon R&L marathon, which

>> has 10 k laps (5 one way).

>> Ideally for the sheer joy of running, of course nothing better than wide

>> open spaces where you go from point A to point B.

>> Arvind

>> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Ajmer Singh

>> wrote:

>>> Hi Team,

>>> Running in circles around the park never gives that joy and satisfaction

>>> to long distance runners. You never enjoying running endlessly in circles

>>> like "KOLHU KA BAIL " as you feel you are where you have started and do

>>> not

>>> get that feel of having reached some milestone......

>>> Milestones on road too are good motivators ,last week I was in Rajasthan

>>> --

>>> runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com.

>>> runningandlivingleisurev...@googlegroups.com

>>> .

>>> For more options, visit this group at

>>> http://groups.google.com/group/runningandlivingleisurevalley-gurgaon?hl=en

>>> .

>> --

>> runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com.

>> runningandlivingleisurev...@googlegroups.com

>> .

>> For more options, visit this group at

>> http://groups.google.com/group/runningandlivingleisurevalley-gurgaon?hl=en

>> .

> --

> runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com.

> runningandlivingleisurev...@googlegroups.com.

> For more options, visit this group at

> http://groups.google.com/group/runningandlivingleisurevalley-gurgaon?hl=en.

--

Sent from my mobile device

randeep singh arora

Sep 16, 2010, 5:16:26 AM9/16/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com

dear shshank & all who want to run on saturday,

this saturday as directed by guru rahul singh verghese we will be running at the bio diversity park, starting 4.30 am. all others are more than welcome to join in, please lets have more people joining in, the weather is better & like i said before there are no races or competitions, there are no pressures of distances to be run, we are all together but still have our own personal targets to achieve, they do not have to be in line with anyone else's. its just great fun to meet more people & make more friends .

randeep

Sender: runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 19:15:01 +0530To: ReplyTo: runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com

>Fine by me.

Randeep - where and how much are you doing?

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Namburi wrote:

Not valley pl. I am sick of running there last sunday alone. Lets do
combo of arrow & IDR (patients) route.

Namburi

shshank...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2010, 5:26:22 AM9/16/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Arey sir..... Bahut Pathar hain........ Sole bole jayega sir........ Chalo aap kehtey hain toh aisa hi Sahi.......... Meet u at 4.30 on Saturday bio diversity park......

Shashank

Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone Essar

From: "randeep singh arora" <randee...@rediffmail.com>
Date: 16 Sep 2010 09:16:26 -0000
Subject: Re: Re: Ganpati's Sunday Run

randee...@rediffmail.com

Sep 16, 2010, 6:07:22 AM9/16/10
to Running & living
Dear shshank,

We will not be doing that route we will be going towards vasant kunj from inside which I hear is much better .

Randeep

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 09:26:22 +0000

shshank...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2010, 6:06:40 AM9/16/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Sirji,

I always ready to explore...... Will be there

Shshank

Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone Essar

Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 10:07:22 +0000

Namburi

Sep 16, 2010, 6:25:43 AM9/16/10
to runningandlivingleisurevalley-gurgaon
Just to avoid confusion, summing up the runs for next three days.

a. Friday - Run starts at 4.30a.m from SV led by Ankush. Distance is
21k. Route T&C.

b. Saturday - Run starts at 4.30a.m from Bio diversity park led by
Randy sir. Distance unknown. Route towards Vasant Kunj.

c. Sunday - Run starts at 4.30a.m from SV led by Randy sir. Distance
unknown. Route Golfcourse road - towards Bio diversity park 15k *
multiple loops depending upon yr individual schedule

Namburi

shshank...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2010, 6:27:08 AM9/16/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Namburi ,

Sunday is 4am and not 430 as duration for run is longer........

Shshank
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone Essar

Sep 16, 2010, 10:01:39 AM9/16/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Randeep/Shshank,

Is it possible for you guys to do a warm up sort of lap for half an
hour from 4 to 4.30, with the rest of us joining in at 4.30 at/around
SV and heading out past the golf course towards bio diversity park/MG
Road?

shshank...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2010, 10:09:48 AM9/16/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arvind,

I think we can do that. Randeep sirji your call.....

randee...@rediffmail.com

Sep 16, 2010, 10:31:43 AM9/16/10
to Running & living
Yes sir it is no issue at all sir would be a pleasure
Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: Namburi <nbs...@gmail.com>
Sender: runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 03:25:43
To: runningandlivingleisurevalley-gurgaon<runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com>

Arvind Singh

Sep 16, 2010, 11:03:52 AM9/16/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Most humbly thankful for your kind consideration. That half hour of
sleep will be worth its weight in gold. Or in this case lost
electrolytes. Abhi tak lagta hai Namburi, Vinod, Ravi and I are
joining in at 4.30. Sri ka pata nahin whether it's 4 or 4.30. Umesh
had also said he'd be there. Rahul? Ajmer? Any other takers?

Vinod Kaul

Sep 17, 2010, 12:09:16 AM9/17/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
I am there at 4:30 SV Sun morning!
Vinod

Sunil Kumar

Sep 17, 2010, 1:36:53 AM9/17/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Ganpati Bappa Morrayya!!!!!!!!
I wish to join you all on Saturday and Sunday.

as per mails below, Saturday run is from Bio-diversity Park, 4:30AM.
correct me if I am wrong
is it the bio park that is near Dronacharya Metro station?

Any extra items/accessories need to carry? I usually carry a bottle of electrolyte and few bananas for long runs.

Sunil Arora

PS: Apologies to Randeep, their are some issues in proxy IP of office net account, I can not open any email coming from users of rediffmail.com. So I can not read any email sent by him (randee...@rediffmail.com).

--- On Fri, 9/17/10, Vinod Kaul <vinodk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> runningandlivingleisurevalley-gurgaon+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/runningandlivingleisurevalley-gurgaon?hl=en.
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Sent from my mobile device
>>
>> --
>>

>> --
>>

> --
> Sent from my mobile device

Ankush Mendiratta

Sep 17, 2010, 8:35:28 AM9/17/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
We had a refreshing run today ! Besides KK, Mahinder, Sushant, Pankaj & myself, Trips also joined us for the run today......
We started at 4.30 from Smriti Vatika & took IREO route towards Faridabad road.
Fortunately Mahinder was carrying a torch which we realized we could not have done without atleast for the first 45 min of the run ! I used to make fun of Randeep's headlight but now i actually realized the worth of this lovely gadget. Thanks to the torch light run, we actually had to run in a huddle for the first 45 min. BTW, the group huddle made it easier challenging the barking dogs !!
The weather was good & made the running so much more easier (as compared to some of the last month runs on same trail).
On the way back we also met Father Benedict who was standing outside the Church/orphanage. We spoke to him for a few minutes about the children staying with him & about possible ways that we could help them.
By the time we got back we had all run out of hydration. Thanks to Trips, who was carrying reserve hydration in his car,.. we got much needed swigs of gatorade & felt much better !
We wound up with some exercises in Smriti Vatika.

 thanks, Ankush

From: Ankush Mendiratta <anku...@yahoo.com>
To: runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com

Naren Kaimal

Sep 17, 2010, 1:07:05 PM9/17/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com

Vinod Kaul

Sep 18, 2010, 3:11:00 AM9/18/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone called Sunil?
Vinod

shshank...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2010, 3:12:38 AM9/18/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
We met him today morning. He is going by train .
Shshank

Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone Essar

From: Vinod Kaul <vinodk...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 12:41:00 +0530
Subject: Re: where to run tomorrow: Saturday,18 sep 2010

Arvind Singh

Sep 18, 2010, 3:23:20 AM9/18/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
For tomorow's run?? SV Park tak train bhi chalta hai?

Vinod Kaul

Sep 18, 2010, 3:25:58 AM9/18/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Thant's what I thought but on closer examination, Sunil's msg has been sent on Fri evening for the Sat morn run!
Vinod

randee...@rediffmail.com

Sep 18, 2010, 4:43:20 AM9/18/10
to Running & living
Yes I did sir & he did join us

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: Vinod Kaul <vinodk...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 12:41:00 +0530

randee...@rediffmail.com

Sep 18, 2010, 7:03:50 AM9/18/10
to Running & living
Hey guys ,

Last run before we run in shimla next week end .
Shshank & I will be starting at 4.00 tomorrow morning from sv , please confirm shshank sir .
The rest of the gang joins at 4.30 am . At s v . Please confirm
Come on gurgaon wake up let's have more people join in , we went for an early run today also , the weather has really become nice , it was actually nippy .great fun.best time to run .

Randeep
Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone Essar

Sep 18, 2010, 10:21:09 AM9/18/10
to runningandlivingleisurevalley-gurgaon
i hv to do 27k tomorrow. confirmed. see you at 4.30a.m.

namburi

randeep singh arora

Sep 19, 2010, 4:40:11 AM9/19/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
hey guys,

what a great run we had today, assisted by some awesome weather,again everyone seems to be hitting personal milestones, vinod sir did his 1st half marathon + distance 26 kms, ravi took off 15 mts from his best over 26 kms.
sri & self did 32.5 kms exactly the same as last sunday, but reduced the time by 11 minutes ( totally weather assisted).
it started drizzling by the time we headed out for the last 14 kms loop & it was so enjoyable because of that had a great great time.
shimla here we come.

randeep

On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 20:00:20 +0530 wrote

>i hv to do 27k tomorrow. confirmed. see you at 4.30a.m.

namburi

shshank...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2010, 6:05:06 AM9/19/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

You guyz are amazing......

My recurring pain in a** fever screwed me again. But am really happy for all of you achieving the personal best. I will do my 3 hrs tomorrow. see you all in ShimlA on 24th

Happy and safe driving....... Ganpati bappa moriya.....

Shshank

Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone Essar

Date: 19 Sep 2010 08:40:11 -0000

randee...@rediffmail.com

Sep 19, 2010, 11:51:17 AM9/19/10
to Running & living
Hi shshank ,

Missed you early in the morning , normally we start off the 1st on the week ends.
Hope you are feeling better , all the best see you soon .

Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 10:05:06 +0000

shshank...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2010, 12:15:12 PM9/19/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Missed my run too sirji...... Will catchup soon ...... I am feeling better will at my best by tomorrow.....

See u in Shimla sirji....

Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone Essar

Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 15:51:17 +0000

Sunil Kumar

Sep 19, 2010, 2:32:22 PM9/19/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
Big Thanks for support, and concerns.
That is actually a true spirit of a runner.
We never leave anyone alone.
I was very much a part of Saturday Run; could do Run-Walk-Run-Walk-Walk-Walk only, as it was after a long time. But did enjoyed it.
Couldn't join on Sunday, as got late in waking up.

However, coming to Shimla by train on 25th Sep.

Bye
Sunil Arora
9350760222

Arvind Singh

Sep 20, 2010, 3:46:14 AM9/20/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
The weather was truly awesome. Great job - all you guys who broke personal bests. Many more to come. Personally - while I joined in only for the first 14 k, I was happy with the fact that some return to form (if I may be so bold as to call it that) seems to be taking place. Put my head down and ran it without a break (walking break that is), and felt strong at the end of it all. Did not want to push it though, considering this was the first completely pain free run for almost a month and a half, during which I have become Volini's most preferred customer. Hopefully it's all coming together at just the right time, with the start of the running season. Hats off to Randeep, Shshank, Vinod, Sri, Namburi, Ravi and all the others who have run longer, stronger and faster through the heat and humidity of the summer. Truly inspirational stuff.

Hope all of us travelling up to Shimla have a good one.

Arvind

randeep singh arora

Sep 20, 2010, 4:21:12 AM9/20/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com

hi arvind,

i really feel the distance is not important, it is where we are coming from & what are we setting out to achieve so your run is as good as anyones, under the circumstances.
look forward to the shimla run together.hic hic hooray

randeep

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 13:15:25 +0530 wrote

From: randee...@rediffmail.com

Sender: runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 15:51:17 +0000
To: Running & living

ReplyTo: runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com

From: "randeep singh arora"
Sender: runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Date: 19 Sep 2010 08:40:11 -0000
ReplyTo: runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com

hey guys,

what a great run we had today, assisted by some awesome weather,again everyone seems to be hitting personal milestones, vinod sir did his 1st half marathon + distance 26 kms, ravi took off 15 mts from his best over 26 kms.

sri & self did 32.5 kms exactly the same as last sunday, but reduced the time by 11 minutes ( totally weather assisted).
it started drizzling by the time we headed out for the last 14 kms loop & it was so enjoyable because of that had a great great time.

shimla here we come.

randeep

On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 20:00:20 +0530 wrote
>i hv to do 27k tomorrow. confirmed. see you at 4.30a.m.

namburi

shshank pundir

Sep 20, 2010, 4:39:20 AM9/20/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I missed my run yesterday but did 18K today 2 hours could have done more but got up late and didnt want to push after my fever stint on Sunday.

Arvind,

Your grit and determination has pushed you to the limits and even after injuries you've been constantly challenging yourself and achieving your goals. This is inspirational.........

so now in Shimla we know whom to follow.........

See you in shimla.....happy tuborging.

Shshank

Arvind Singh

Sep 20, 2010, 4:44:01 AM9/20/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
Hi Randeep,

I agree completely with what you say. At the same time, it's just human to be a bit disappointed if you're not able to do what you set out to.

Arvind

randeep singh arora

Sep 20, 2010, 4:58:51 AM9/20/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com

for me the most beautiful things about these group runs on the week ends is how we help each other to achieve our targets , they might be totally different from the others,but we still work together, i really do not think i would have come so far in my training had it not been for us doing it together, i have now done 2 back to back weeks of 100 km runs, i cannot even beleive it honestly.
its been a great journey & hamare rahul uncle chup chaap beech mein se gayab ho gaye hain.

randeep
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:22:27 +0530 wrote

>Hi Randeep,

I agree completely with what you say. At the same time, it's just human to be a bit disappointed if you're not able to do what you set out to.

Arvind

Umesh Gupta

Sep 20, 2010, 6:00:46 AM9/20/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com

Feel really envious of you guys……I am just not able to get back in the groove……will positively start running when you guys are back. Do let me know if anyone is running any of the weekdays would love to join in.

Best of luck to all the marathoners for Shimla

Umesh Gupta

Open Software Technology (India) Ltd.

512, Phase V, Udyog Vihar,

Gurgaon-122016

Ph/Fax: +91-124-4012305

Mail:ugu...@open-soft.net

Web: www.open-soft.net

Kautilya Enterprise Reporting & Business Intelligence

raghunath...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2010, 6:13:20 AM9/20/10
to runningandlivingle...@googlegroups.com
I echo the sentiment!! Working late nights does not give me the luxury to join the gang!
But I try and make up with whatever I can other times!!
All the best to all @Shimla!!

Cheers

Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

From: "Umesh Gupta" <ugu...@open-soft.net>