Minor API bugs

1 view

meb

Jun 16, 2009, 7:36:12 PM6/16/09
to Rufus Ruby
Hey all,

Firstly, how would one bind the 'searchout' function for the Table
API. It would make my deletes a lot more performant. Also, whenever I
inspect hints that are generated for queries that I run, they detail a
full table scan even when I've created an index before. I found that
in the definition of TableQuery, it defaults to disabling the
indexes. Is there a good reason for this?

Also, I think I may have discovered two small bugs. Firstly, calling
transaction within a transaction raises an error. I've fixed this with
a transaction counter, but it seems as though multiple calls to
tranbegin should be harmless rather than exception worthy, or that at
least their should be an option to allow nested transaction to all
clump together. Secondly, the keep option for set_index tries to make
an index whether or not one already exists. Are these the expected
behaviors? I'm right now testing if I'm in a transaction and and
testing for file existence, but these fixes seem kludgy. Is there
anything more elegant?

Thanks in advance,
Mark