cannot install rfacebook plugin

Sameera Gayan

Apr 4, 2008, 3:13:36 AM4/4/08
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I was trying to download rfacebook plugin to start my first facebook
application in rails.

I'm following the tutorial "20-Minute Quick Start Guide for RFacebook -
Create a Facebook App Using Rails in 10 Easy Steps"
(http://rfacebook.wordpress.com/2007/12/28/quickstart/)

But i'm having problems with executing following command

script/plugin install
svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/rfacebook/trunk/rfacebook/plugin
(http://rfacebook.rubyforge.org/quickstart.html)

i couldn't connect to the host (it says "svn: Can't connect to host
'rubyforge.org': Connection timed out")

but i was able to run the gem install command successfully(gem install
rfacebook
)

does anyone have an idea whats happening. I'm using ubuntu

thankx in advance

cheers,
sameera

Vinay Beckham

Apr 4, 2008, 9:07:10 AM4/4/08
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Yes i am on ubuntu too... and even i get this error... i think might
wanna install some svn libs... go to the synaptic package manage and
search of svn...
but in most cases if you do a
sudo gem install gem-name

this does the job good enough....

Gerald Bauer

Apr 8, 2008, 11:15:57 AM4/8/08
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hello Sameera,

> I was trying to download rfacebook plugin to start my firstfacebook
> application in rails.

FYI: rfacebook has an official and dedicated Forum/Mailing List
(that includes the core developers) online @ http://groups.google.com/group/rfacebook

Cheers.

--
Gerald Bauer - Internet Professional - http://geraldbauer.wordpress.com

Sameera Gayan

Apr 16, 2008, 10:49:28 PM4/16/08
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Warlock

First of all sorry for late reply (had a vacation ;))

I had already installed rapidsvn. But today i installed
libsvn-ruby
libsvn-ruby1.8

Still didnt have time to playaround. I'll try it. Thank you very much
for your reply

cheers
sameera

Warlock handleR wrote:
> Yes i am on ubuntu too... and even i get this error... i think might
> wanna install some svn libs... go to the synaptic package manage and
> search of svn...
> but in most cases if you do a
> sudo gem install gem-name
>
> this does the job good enough....

Sameera Gayan

Apr 16, 2008, 10:51:51 PM4/16/08
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gerald

Sorry for late reply. Thankx for pointing me to the dedicated
Forum/Mailing
I do hope they will have a solution ;)

thankyou again

cheers
sameera

Vijay Marepalli

Dec 6, 2010, 1:15:50 AM12/6/10
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Am Newbie to ROR.
I have installed rfacebook gem and when am trying to install rfacebook
plugin using the below command

script/plugin install
svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/rfacebook/trunk/rfacebook/plugins/rfacebook

on Aptana Studio console(am in windows),No ouptput is coming????

Please help me