ahab

Nov 21, 2007, 2:59:22 PM11/21/07
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Wordpress has <meta name="generator" content="WordPress 2.0.2" />

Is there any equivalent standard for Rails that I don't know about?

Michael Breen

Nov 21, 2007, 4:13:11 PM11/21/07
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Why would you need this?

ahab

Nov 26, 2007, 10:32:25 AM11/26/07
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
I don't think there is a need, but wouldn't the exposure be nice?
Ultimately having some way of gathering stats about how many sites are
deployed on Rails would be nice. Also, I'd like some way to promote
Rails even when a front end badge isn't an option.

Jeremy McAnally

Nov 26, 2007, 11:10:05 AM11/26/07
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I don't think Rails would technically be the generator there...

I thought the generator meta-tag was reserved for client-level
installations like Wordpress, Dupral, Joomla, etc. rather than server
driven technologies like Rails and PHP. But perhaps it's for both?
Or maybe it doesn't matter? :)

--Jeremy

--
http://www.jeremymcanally.com/