files are missing in rails app

1 view

Geetha Sg

Jan 28, 2010, 12:31:23 AM1/28/10
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

I've built the slackware packages of rails.

rails path is: /frm/ruby/1.8.6/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8

RUBYLIB :
/frm/ruby/1.8.6/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8:/frm/ruby/1.8.6/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/i686-linux/

I could created the rails application, but files are missing.

Config
- boot.rb, database.yml, environment.rb and routes.rb
Public
- 404.html,500.html,dispatch.fcgi,favicon.ico,index.html,422.html,
dispatch.cgi
and dispatch.rb

Script
- about, console, dbconsole, destroy, generate, plugin,
runner,server
Test
-test_helper.rb

I am getting below error on while creating the app.

No such file or directory -
/usr/bin/../lib/rails_generator/generators/applications/app/../../../../../fresh_rakefile

Please help

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/4436/rails.slackbuild

Matt Jones

Jan 28, 2010, 5:44:40 PM1/28/10
to Ruby on Rails: Talk

You are aware that the other files in the railties directory are
important, right? The attached shell script only appears to copy over
railties/bin and railties/lib, which == FAIL.

On a more serious note, why are you trying to install Rails without
Rubygems? You'll need it for the 2.3.x versions anyways, as even
freezing gems in RAILS_ROOT/vendor/gems requires the Rubygems package.

--Matt Jones

Geetha Sg

Jan 29, 2010, 2:10:56 AM1/29/10
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply.

I've installed rubygems-2.3.4 and ruby-1.8.6.

I will install other files of railties and let me know.

regards
sagi..

Geetha Sg

Jan 29, 2010, 4:34:33 AM1/29/10
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Please let me know where to copy the railties files?

kannav rajeev

Jan 29, 2010, 4:50:40 AM1/29/10
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
rake:freeze:gems

Regards:
Rajeev sharma
+919813270707

Geetha Sg

Jan 29, 2010, 10:35:06 PM1/29/10
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
i am new to rails.. sorry.. i dont understand that where should run this
rake task? please help me..