rubyonrails.org

Chris Kampmeier

Apr 22, 2009, 9:08:00 PM4/22/09
to Ruby on Rails: Core
It looks like a domain squatter grabbed rubyonrails.org -- anybody
know what's going on there?

http://reports.internic.net/cgi/whois?whois_nic=rubyonrails.org&type=domain

Chris

Chris Kampmeier

Apr 22, 2009, 9:11:46 PM4/22/09
to Ruby on Rails: Core
Here's a screenshot, in case people are seeing different things due to
DNS propagation--

http://skitch.com/kampers/bcapb/rails-consultants-ruby-code-api-at-rubyonrails.org

On Apr 22, 6:08 pm, Chris Kampmeier <ChrisGKampme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like a domain squatter grabbed rubyonrails.org -- anybody
> know what's going on there?
>
> http://reports.internic.net/cgi/whois?whois_nic=rubyonrails.org&type=...
>
> Chris

Mike Gunderloy

Apr 22, 2009, 9:36:31 PM4/22/09
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the heads-up. Core team is investigating; it's probably
just an auto-renew that didn't.

Mike

rogerdpack

Apr 23, 2009, 9:42:37 AM4/23/09
to Ruby on Rails: Core

> It looks like a domain squatter grabbed rubyonrails.org -- anybody
> know what's going on there?
>
> http://reports.internic.net/cgi/whois?whois_nic=rubyonrails.org&type=...

Interesting. For me I get the spam page on wiki.rubyonrails.org but
not for the main site--guess it's a DNS propagation thing.

Ryan Angilly

Apr 23, 2009, 9:46:07 AM4/23/09
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I'm seeing the wiki fine.

Andrei Maxim

Apr 23, 2009, 9:50:49 AM4/23/09
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
In case nobody noticed DHH's post on Twitter around 12 hours ago, here it is:

My domain registration service for rubyonrails.org has fucked up again and parked the domain. Hopefully it'll be back very shortly!

Andrei Maxim

Fabien Jakimowicz

Apr 23, 2009, 9:53:51 AM4/23/09
On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Andrei Maxim <and...@andreimaxim.ro> wrote:
In case nobody noticed DHH's post on Twitter around 12 hours ago, here it is:

My domain registration service for rubyonrails.org has fucked up again and parked the domain. Hopefully it'll be back very shortly!

whois said a modification was made yesterday :
Domain ID:D104247687-LROR
Domain Name:RUBYONRAILS.ORG
Created On:19-Apr-2004 22:40:29 UTC
Last Updated On:23-Apr-2009 00:07:53 UTC
Expiration Date:19-Apr-2010 22:40:29 UTC

It is just an expiration and cybersquatting.

--
http://fabien.jakimowicz.com