Issues in deploying Rails on EC2 using Rubber. script/rubber file missing

Anish

Mar 14, 2012, 4:09:05 AM3/14/12
to rubber
I am trying to deploy a rails3.1 app to EC2 using rubber 1.15.0 gem. I
followed the instructions in the quick start guide here:
https://github.com/wr0ngway/rubber/wiki/Quick-Start. i also setup
private and public keys correctly as mentioned in faq. However, Almost
towards the end of >cap rubber:generate_staging command I get this
error:

[production.foo.com] /bin/bash -l -c 'sudo -p '\''sudo password:
'\'' bash -l -c '\''cd /mnt/app-production/releases/20120314070940 &&
RUBBER_ENV=production RAILS_ENV=production ./script/rubber config
'\'''
** [out :: production.foo.com] bash: ./script/rubber: No such
file or directory
command finished in 418ms
failed: "/bin/bash -l -c 'sudo -p '\\''sudo password: '\\'' bash -
l -c '\\''cd /mnt/app-production/releases/20120314070940 &&
RUBBER_ENV=production RAILS_ENV=production ./script/rubber config '\
\'''" on production.foo.com

I looked at script folder and found no rubber file. It seems that that
ruber script file is not generated after vulcanize command. Does
anyone know what command do I need to generate that rubber script file
or am I missing something? I couldn't find any similar issues in this
group or anywhere online. Please help.
Thanks,
Anish

Kevin Menard

Mar 14, 2012, 7:41:42 AM3/14/12
to rubbe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anish,

The rubber script was added in the 2.0 prereleases. It looks like you
may have the wrong version installed someplace. Can you please verify
you're using 1.15.0 both locally and remote?

Thanks,
Kevin

Anish Muppalaneni

Mar 15, 2012, 5:15:43 PM3/15/12
to rubbe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin, Thanks for pointing me in right direction. Yes its because 2.0 prerel got installed as gem with 1.15.1 in bundle. Removing the outside gem fixed the problem.
Thanks,
Anish Muppalaneni