[Rocks-Discuss] CSH bug

Andrew Wiebe

Oct 4, 2011, 6:32:23 PM10/4/11
to npaci-rocks...@sdsc.edu
Hi, I have installed Rocks 5.4.3 with CentOS
And cannot get a csh script to run or do anything it just stalls at the #SHEBANG.
The script is supplied and has been tested and many systems over the years so it is not that.
When I try to change to csh I get this message:
# csh
PDSHROOT=/opt/pdsh: Command not found.
/etc/profile.d/ssh-key.sh: line 211: return: can only `return' from a function or sourced script

It appears that you have not set up your ssh key.
This process will make the files:
/export/home/ajw/.ssh/id_rsa.pub
/export/home/ajw/.ssh/id_rsa
/export/home/ajw/.ssh/authorized_keys

Generating public/private rsa key pair.
/export/home/ajw/.ssh/id_rsa already exists.
Overwrite (y/n)?
#

Any suggestions?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Anoop Rajendra

Oct 4, 2011, 6:48:39 PM10/4/11
to Discussion of Rocks Clusters
What is the output of

# rpm -q rocks-config-server

-a

Tim Carlson

Oct 4, 2011, 7:08:40 PM10/4/11
to Discussion of Rocks Clusters
On Tue, 4 Oct 2011, Anoop Rajendra wrote:

I'll second the comment that it is broken on 5.4.3

[root@pic-admin01 ~]# rpm -qa | grep rocks-config-server
rocks-config-server-5.4.3-0

I replaced ssh-key.sh with the version that I normally use from 5.4 or 5.3

Tim

Tim Carlson, PhD
Senior Research Scientist
Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory

Anoop Rajendra

Oct 4, 2011, 7:18:34 PM10/4/11
to Discussion of Rocks Clusters
A temporary fix was released a while ago.

Run,

# rpm -Uvh ftp://www.rocksclusters.org/pub/rocks/updates/5.4.3/x86_64/RPMS/rocks-config-server-5.4.3-1.x86_64.rpm

This should fix it for console logins, and csh scripts.

If it doesn't, please let me know.

-a