Data Driven approach in Robotium ??

Avijit Pramanik

Jun 13, 2013, 8:29:02 PM6/13/13
to robotium-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
I have search a lot but couldn't find the best answer on this.

Lets say I have a calculator application which have two text field to get the inputs and there is a Add button. I just want to use a CSV data source where I put my values. I want a data driven approach in Robotium where each row of the CSV will execute one by one by executing a test method (Just like TestNG). Using one method and using a loop inside it is not an option for me since I want to use each set of data as a different Test case. Please help me as I am stuck here.

naveed

Jun 14, 2013, 6:23:32 AM6/14/13
to robotium-...@googlegroups.com
Buddy TestNG is not for Robotium, JUnit4 supports Data Driven but Android supports JUnit3 so far. So if you don't want to use loop you need to implement it manually or wait for JUnit4 support by Android.

Avijit Pramanik

Jun 14, 2013, 2:25:29 PM6/14/13
to robotium-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot naveed for explaining this to me. It seems I have to wait until I figure it out if I can use automatic test suite inject kind of stuff with value set dynamically. I am not sure if it will work either. Thanks again.