Instrumentation Issue

Kiran

Feb 13, 2013, 3:52:46 AM2/13/13
to Robotium Developers
Hi ,

I had followed the setup instructions and I'm using the latest
release(RobotiumRCRelease2012.12.12). When I run the example
MyTest.java, I get the following exception. Also I have seen the
similar issue faced by Limor in one of the posts. Not sure , if that
got resolved.Please help me out in resolving this issue.

LAUNCHING com.jayway.android.robotium.remotecontrol.client/
com.jayway.android.robotium.remotecontrol.client.RobotiumTestRunner
Checking for devices going offline...
Checking 1 for 'offline' status....
No 'offline' devices detected.
android.util.AndroidException: INSTRUMENTATION_FAILED:
com.jayway.android.robotium.remotecontrol.client/
com.jayway.android.robotium.remotecontrol.client.RobotiumTestRunner

at com.android.commands.am.Am.runInstrument(Am.java:586)

at com.android.commands.am.Am.run(Am.java:117)

at com.android.commands.am.Am.main(Am.java:80)

at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit.finishInit(Native Method)

at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit.main(RuntimeInit.java:238)

at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

kiran

Feb 15, 2013, 6:10:24 AM2/15/13
to robotium-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carl,

Thanks for your reply. I got the issue solved . Earlier I havent  installed  spinner app on my device and after installing spinner App, my Test started working

Regardw,
Kiran

We would need more information.  The reported exception doesn't seem to have anything to do with Robotium Remote Control specifically.  Rather, that the Android doesn't like the configuration of your TestRunner.  Can you provide a larger glimpse of your adb logcat?  There might be more information in there.

You should also review and verify you have made all the required changes to any project properties files and the Android Manifest XML as described in the setup documentation.  Then confirm you had a successful build of the TestRunner using the same certificate used by the app under test.

Carl Nagle
SAS Research and Development
Planning, Operations and Strategy

General Applications and Tools