Disable virtual keyboard form-navigation buttons?

Jon Tara

Oct 5, 2011, 12:12:53 AM10/5/11
to rhom...@googlegroups.com
I've searched here and on the Jquery Mobile forum, and couldn't find an answer to this.

Is there some way to disable the extra buttons on the virtual keyboard?

I have a form with a single field and a submit button. The "Previous", "Next" and "Done" buttons don't make any sense in that context. They're terribly confusing for the user. Actually, they seem redundant on any touch-screen device, even with multiple fields.

I assume this is a JQM issue, but hoping somebody here has a solution.

dmi...@rhomobile.com

Oct 5, 2011, 4:54:18 AM10/5/11
to rhom...@googlegroups.com
Unsure we have a control on that. Going to investigate it as soon as will have a time todo, but pretty sceptic so far.

From: Jon Tara <jtara-g...@spamex.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 21:12:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [rhomobile] Disable virtual keyboard form-navigation buttons?

Jon Tara

Oct 5, 2011, 10:16:41 AM10/5/11
to rhom...@googlegroups.com, dmi...@rhomobile.com
Thanks, I'll do some digging as well, as the more I think about it, the more I think those buttons are completely unacceptable. They confuse the heck out of users. I really don't know what they were thinking.

Jon Tara

Oct 5, 2011, 11:07:34 AM10/5/11
to rhom...@googlegroups.com, dmi...@rhomobile.com
I'm thinking this might be a browser feature, not a JQM feature?

I was using Safari on iPhone to find sites with fillable forms, and I also saw an "autofill" button in some cases.

So, there should be some CSS to control this. I've probably been barking up the wrong tree looking for it in JQM. ;)

Jon Tara

Oct 5, 2011, 11:22:28 AM10/5/11
to rhom...@googlegroups.com, dmi...@rhomobile.com
This is the Mobile Safari "form assistant".

I haven't found any information on turning it off yet.

aditya sanas

Oct 3, 2013, 9:15:06 AM10/3/13
to rhom...@googlegroups.com
Still looking for the solution? or have you found any work around for this...
I need to design same functionality...either i can hide those buttons or if i can extend their functioning..