Simulator session timed out - iphone

Poornima

Dec 10, 2010, 2:01:38 AM12/10/10
to rhomobile

Hi,
Iam running on latest rhodes 2.3.5 and iphone 4.2.Iam facing this
error can any one tell me a solution.

[DEBUG] using device family iphone
[DEBUG] Session could not be started: Error
Domain=DTiPhoneSimulatorErrorDomain Code=2 UserInfo=0x100409c10
"Simulator session timed out."

Thanks,
C.Poornima.

Poornima

Dec 10, 2010, 2:21:18 AM12/10/10
to rhomobile
Hi,
Iam running on latest rhodes 2.2.5 and iphone 4.2.Iam facing this

Dmitry Soldatenkov

Dec 10, 2010, 5:18:03 AM12/10/10
to rhom...@googlegroups.com, poorni...@gmail.com

Hi

Please try to restart your computer and also make clear before build by "rake clean:iphone".

P.S.
As you known Apple not publish information about interface with his iPhone simulator. In this case we can use only undocumented APIs for install and start application in iPhone simulator.
From the latest version of Rhodes we use new mechanism for work with iPhone simulator. If you will still have the described problem. Try to use our old mechanism for working with iPhone simulator. But old mechanism can not start application in simulator - only install app into simulator - start app you should manually in simulator.
For use old mechanism add into your application's build.yml , into "iphone" section next parameter:

emulatortarget: old_stuff

Best regards,
  Dmitry A. Soldatenkov
  E-mail: dmi...@rhomobile.com
  Skype: soldatenkoff

yankov

Dec 25, 2010, 11:01:31 PM12/25/10
to rhomobile
I'm experiencing the same problem. I've installed the latest versions
of rhodes and
xcode&iPhone SDK and just trying to run the simpliest default
application:

rhodes app storemanager http://localhost:9292/application
cd storemanager
rake run:iphone

After this although iPhone simulator runs but its screen remains black
and nothing happens.
After few seconds I receive this error [DEBUG] Session could not be
started: Error Domain=DTiPhoneSimulatorErrorDomain Code=2
UserInfo=0x100602c30 "Simulator session timed out.".

I tried to add emulatortarget: old_stuff in iphone section of
build.yml but nothing changes.
Any ideas?
> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/rhomobile?hl=en.
>
> --
>
> Best regards,
>   Dmitry A. Soldatenkov
>   E-mail: dmit...@rhomobile.com
>   Skype: soldatenkoff

evgeny vovchenko

Dec 26, 2010, 3:52:32 PM12/26/10
to rhom...@googlegroups.com
You can just open Rhodes in xcode and run application:
http://wiki.rhomobile.com/index.php/BuildingRhodes#Build_Application_with_XC
ode

rhomobile+...@googlegroups.com.