Checkin type support

revetkn

Sep 2, 2010, 12:54:58 PM9/2/10
to RestFB
Sorry for taking so long...support for the new "Checkin" type has
landed in svn trunk - you can use it like this:

Connection<Checkin> checkins = new
DefaultFacebookClient(accessToken).fetchConnection("me/checkins",
Checkin.class);

In order to access checkin data - even your own - you must request an
access token with extended permissions, e.g.
"user_checkins,friends_checkins". Using an access token copy-pasted
from your browser's URL bar while reading the Graph API docs won't
work.

Checkin support will be part of the 1.6 release.

Thanks
Mark

narenlog

Sep 2, 2010, 2:51:41 PM9/2/10
to RestFB
Awesome! I wrote my own mapped class to handle CheckIns
Any idea when 1.6 will available for download?

revetkn

Sep 2, 2010, 3:06:43 PM9/2/10
to RestFB
Thanks. I hope to have 1.6 out the door within 2 weeks. It's busy as
usual at work, so I don't have much spare time as I'd like to hack on
RestFB.

Mark

charlie

Sep 2, 2010, 3:22:19 PM9/2/10
to res...@googlegroups.com
Out of  curiosity where does everyone work in this group ?

I'm currently over at http://www.mpowerlabs.com/ in Austin, TX.
--
<charlie/>

narenlog

Sep 3, 2010, 3:20:17 PM9/3/10
to RestFB
Thanks Mark! for restFB

I have to say that I'm extremely happy with the ease of use of restFB.
I'm moving all my code from the old facebook-java-api rest api
client.
I was always stressed out every time Facebook released something that
facebook-java-api OR rest API did not support immediately and I had to
mess around with Application settings to get things to work - my web
app used to have canvas callback settings :(
All that is a thing of the past now!
Particularly the @Facebook notation is brilliant.. since I integrated
Facebook places Checkin via restFB using the annotation even before
restFB is due to release it in 1.6

revetkn

Sep 3, 2010, 10:04:47 PM9/3/10
to RestFB
FWIW, I'm based in the Philadelphia area. Speaking of Austin, I
actually just wrote the iPad app for Key Ingredient, another Austin
company that's located a few minutes away from mpower (at least
according to Google Maps).

Mark