Size limits in bytes on Redis?

Dru Nelson

Nov 7, 2011, 2:29:01 PM11/7/11
to redi...@googlegroups.com

I didn't see this in the FAQ and I've emailed antirez, but I'm sure his inbox is quite full.

What are the size limits in bytes for keys, values and structures in redis?

I would be more than happy to word this appropriately for the FAQ.

For example, this info if from memcached, which albeit is much simpler, but still clear.

What is the maxiumum key length? (250 bytes)

What are the limits on setting expire time? (why is there a 30 day limit?)

What is the maximum data size you can store? (1 megabyte)

thanks,

dru

Salvatore Sanfilippo

Nov 7, 2011, 4:04:44 PM11/7/11
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Hi, sorry for not replying in private but I'm more likely to see this
message (ML is set to stay on top of my priority inbox) than a private
one.
Also posting here has the good side effect of creating a public
accessible "knowledge base" ;)

Size limit: 512 MB for keys, and values.
This means that you can have a list of 512 MB elements each. Or the
has field can be 512 MB in size (the same for values) and so forth.

Lists, hashes, sets, sorted sets, can contain *at least* 2^31 members
per key (may be more in 64 bit instances but it is better to always
use the limits of the 32 bit instance, given that is very hard to
reach them anyway with a normal amount of memory).

Please ask me more if in doubt,
Salvatore

> --

Salvatore 'antirez' Sanfilippo
open source developer - VMware

http://invece.org
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act,
but a habit." -- Aristotele

Dru Nelson

Nov 7, 2011, 9:41:45 PM11/7/11
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll work on getting this in the FAQ.