theme apply button

1 view

botp

Sep 8, 2010, 12:25:23 AM9/8/10
to redcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,

it would be nice if the "theme" has an "apply" button. I am scouting
fr the plentiful themes for a particular theme that suits my eye (i'm
old) and in order to view the resultant theme i have to close the
theme applet again, then back again to try another theme. It would be
a lot better if there's an apply button to click to so i can view its
effect. The apply button should not close the theme window of course.

btw, where can i find the setting up of shortcut keys? I wanted to
create a shortcut just to access the above theme applet. sorry, i very
seldom use the mouse... old me..

thanks and best regards
-botp

Matthew Scharley

Sep 8, 2010, 3:24:32 AM9/8/10
to redcar...@googlegroups.com
I know this has been discussed before, but it'd be even better (in my
opinion) if the theme changed whenever you selected a new one.

Matt

Matthew Scharley

Sep 8, 2010, 3:29:38 AM9/8/10
to redcar...@googlegroups.com
Also, sorry botp, but currently you can't customise key bindings. You
can view all currently assigned bindings from Help > Keyboard
Shortcuts.

botp

Sep 8, 2010, 4:51:13 AM9/8/10
to redcar...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 3:29 PM, Matthew Scharley
<matt.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, sorry botp, but currently you can't customise key bindings. You
> can view all currently assigned bindings from Help > Keyboard
> Shortcuts.

ah, thought it was some yaml file that i can just edit.

thanks matt
kind regards -botp

botp

Sep 8, 2010, 4:54:29 AM9/8/10
to redcar...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Matthew Scharley
<matt.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know this has been discussed before, but it'd be even better (in my
> opinion) if the theme changed whenever you selected a new one.

that would be hazardous for kboard users. maybe apply "temporarily" to
get a preview, then gets back to previous theme when closed, unless
the apply button was used..

best regards -botp

Matthew Scharley

Sep 8, 2010, 5:07:27 AM9/8/10
to redcar...@googlegroups.com
Unfortuanately, currently all keybinding are hardcoded.