Redbean requires an auto-increment id field as part of the primary key

carl anderson

Jun 27, 2011, 1:22:06 PM6/27/11
to redbeanphp
The fact that redbean requires one field in the table to be an auto-
increment integer should be clearly stated in the redbean CRUD example
web page and other places as well - this is a major limiting factor
when trying to implement with existing databases and schemes. It's
such a limitation that I'm not going to be able to use redbean for my
projects. Too bad, because what you've done is incredibly simple and
powerful. If I could offer one suggestion it would be to find a way
to use multi-field primary keys that do not include auto-increment.

Good Luck!

gabor de mooij

Jun 28, 2011, 2:32:47 AM6/28/11
to redbe...@googlegroups.com
Thank you
I am currently rewriting most of the docs and I will mention this

The autoinc ids are indeed a requirement , in order to keep focus I had to make some of these bold decisions :/

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone