TS blade alignment?

Hugh Bunker

Oct 8, 2002, 5:21:47 PM10/8/02
I just checked the alignment on my saw and the blade it .004 closer to the
right miter slot in the back than in the front. I used the same tooth on the
blade and a set of digital calipers to determine this. The question is is
this ok or do I need to adjust it. If the front was closer I would leave it
as the distance is the same as a human hair. Just wondering if that small of
an amount could cause kickback or if I am being too fussy. TIA Hugh

Leon

Oct 8, 2002, 6:27:09 PM10/8/02

"Hugh Bunker" <hbu...@ns.twcny.rr.com> wrote in message

Yes it can. I prefer to have the fence dead parallel with the blade and the
miter gauge running parallel to the blade. Even though many like to have
the back wider than at the front on the fence side, you can still get
pinching and burning from the left side of the blade as the waste rides up
on the back side of the blade.
IMO the miter slot should be parallel to the blade and the fence should be
parallel to the slot.

Brian

Oct 8, 2002, 7:44:45 PM10/8/02
I was getting ready to ask the same question, but no need to now
....thanks......Brian

bridger

Oct 9, 2002, 12:01:33 AM10/9/02
I'd adjust it out.