deal on a mortising machine

Andy

Dec 8, 2006, 2:38:17 PM12/8/06
If anyone's been looking for a mortising machine, or has some Christmas
money on the way, Amazon has a great deal on the Delta 14-651 mortiser.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006K00N/104-4280737-7347131
or http://tinyurl.com/ttjqh
Can't comment on its performance as mine hasn't arrived yet, but
according to a variety of reviews I read, it looks like it's supposed
to be basically the best of the basic (<$350) ones (until you move up
to the Powermatic etc.). As long as it arrives in good condition after
Amazon ships it, that is...
Anyway, selling price is $250 with free shipping, Amazon has a $25 off
promo (for items $150-299), and Delta has a $50 rebate. Makes it $175
shipped.
If you can find another $51 worth of stuff you need from Amazon's tools
dept, you qualify for their $50 discount (off items >$300). That would
make your total price about $200, for the mortiser plus $50 worth of
other stuff. Personally, I'm looking forward to trying out a Jet
parallel jaw clamp.

No affiliations with any of these companies, just looking out for good
deals and thought I'd share.
Andy

Andy

Dec 8, 2006, 3:08:25 PM12/8/06

N Hurst

Dec 8, 2006, 3:55:57 PM12/8/06
Amazon's had some amazing deals on some of their tools recently.
*Warning: Small Neener Alert*
For example, I got the Hitachi C10FSH 10" Sliding Compound Miter Saw
w/Laser from them last Friday for $260, shipped. :-) Not bad
considering Lowe's has it for $489.

I don't know how they do it, honestly.

-Nathan

Mike in Arkansas

Dec 8, 2006, 7:01:54 PM12/8/06
I availed myself of that deal a few weeks ago. In fact, I just
deposited the $50.00 check day before yesterday. Mine arrived in good
condition.
mike

Mike in Arkansas