poldy

May 3, 2008, 2:31:57 PM5/3/08
Which is that new African museum?

Also isn't there another relatively new museum or maybe I'm thinking of
Petit Palais.

Also, you ever think about putting up your own web site with this info.
and links?

didier Meurgues

May 14, 2008, 2:22:00 PM5/14/08
On 3 mai, 20:31, poldy <po...@kfu.com> wrote:

> Which is that new African museum?

Hi Poldy, sorry to answer a bit late...

There are 2 (+1) african arts museums in Paris :

- Quai Branly museum (national collection) # II A 16 in my list ;
- Pavillon des Session of the Louvre (an antenna of Quai Branly in 2
or 3 rooms but large on a total of about 10) # II A 2 in my list ;
- Dapper museum (private collection and above all exhibitions) # II A
102 in my list.

> Also isn't there another relatively new museum or maybe I'm thinking of
> Petit Palais.

The Petit Palais was reopened after reburbishment December 10... 2005

The newest museums opened are IMO the computer museum in La Defense
and the Charles de Gaulle historial :

- 15 April 2008 : Computer museum :
www.museeinformatique.fr
- 22 February 2008 : Historial Charles de Gaulle at the Invalides Army
Museum :
www.invalides.org + www.invalides.org/pages/Historial%20de%20Gaulle.html
;

> Also, you ever think about putting up your own web site with this info.
> and links?

I don't know how to do that but anybody is allowed to use my infos and
make one with them, you included. I could help to update it.

Some additional infos about the churches, etc... :

PLACES OF WORSHIP
:
All historical parisian churches, temples and synagogues built with
public funds before 1905 are municipal but they are still managed by
the different cults, notably for opening hours. With exception of the
2 State owned cathedrals, the other buildings, including the post-1905
diocesan ones and the Great Mosk exceptionnaly built with 20 % of
public funds in 1922, are private. The most interesting pre-19th c.
churches and chapels, like the 8 “ex-roman catholic”, are specially
mentioned below, but not the about 40 roman catholic ones.
www.parisinfo.com/paris-guide/culte/dossier/culte (opening hours) +
http://messesinfo.cef.fr (catholic mass hours)
- http://catholique-paris.cef.fr then “sélectionner une paroisse” for
the opening hours : catholic churches
- http://temples.free.fr/paris/alpha.htm : protestant temples and
churches (the main 19th c. ones in 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 17th
arrondissements and the 4 pre-1802 ex-roman catholic in 1, 4, 7th
arrondissements included)
http://orgue.free.fr/paris.html : organs
- www.oeuvre-orient.fr/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=7 + www.cerclesyriaque.fr
+ http://sjlpmelkites.free.fr + www.eglise-apostolique-armenienne.org
: oriental churches (Saint-Ephrem (syriaque), Saint-Julien-le-Pauvre
(melkite) churches, Sainte-Croix + Saint-Jean-Baptiste cathedrals
(armenian), the first 3, ex-roman catholic, included)
- www.orthodoxesaparis.org/eglises/eglises_paroisses.htm +
www.russie.net/orthodoxie/nevsky.htm : orthodoxe churches (Saint-
Alexandre-Nevsky 19th c. cathedral (russian), Saint-Etienne 19th c.
cathedral and ex-roman catholic Saints-Archanges church (greek)
included)
- www.consistoire.org/liste_synagogues.asp# + www.lavictoire.org :
synagogues (19th c. La Victoire Great Synagogue + Tournelles and art
nouveau Pavée synagogues included)
- http://islamfrance.free.fr/mosquee.html + www.mosquee-de-paris.org :
mosks (Great Mosk included)
- http://centrebouddhisteparis.org/Le_Centre/D_autres_Centres_Bouddhistes_e/d_autres_centres_bouddhistes_e.html
, then 8th paragraph + www.kagyu-dzong.com : buddhist temples (Kagyu
Dzong temple included)
- www.templeganesh.fr : hindu temple (Sri Manika Vinayakar Alayam
temple)

OTHER ELEVATED VIEWS :

The Bastille and Vendôme columns and the Tour Saint-Jacques are no
more open to the public at the difference of the upper terrasses of
the departement stores (closed on sunday) of the Bazar de l’Hôtel de
Ville www.bhv.fr (9H30-19H30), Galeries La Fayette www.galerieslafayette.com
(9H30-20H00) and Printemps www.printemps.com (9H35-19H00).

for the maps of the cemeteries in my list detach the "+" in order for
the URL to open.

Friendly

didier Meurgues

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

poldy

May 15, 2008, 1:06:35 AM5/15/08
In article
<c0916949-1daa-4eb1...@26g2000hsk.googlegroups.com>,
didier Meurgues <erdni...@voila.fr> wrote:

> > Also, you ever think about putting up your own web site with this info.
> > and links?
>
> I don't know how to do that but anybody is allowed to use my infos and
> make one with them, you included. I could help to update it.

Usually most ISPs give you some amount of space to put up personal web
pages.

They have tools so it's easy to put up a basic site.

Message has been deleted