Airline acronyms

nalipson

Feb 7, 1994, 11:58:40 PM2/7/94
ALITALIA (Italy) = Always Late In Take-off, Always Late In Arrival

SABENA (Belgium) Such A Bad Experience -- Never Again

LOT (Poland) Lots Of Trouble

Any more?

Ralf Jungclaus

Feb 8, 1994, 8:10:36 AM2/8/94
TAP (Portugal) = Take Another Plane
Ralf

--
Ralf Jungclaus
Generaldirektion Telekom | email: jung...@u9000mst.nez.telekom.de

Sebastian Hoffmann

Feb 8, 1994, 10:27:00 AM2/8/94
Ralf Jungclaus (jung...@ips.cs.tu-bs.de) wrote:
: TAP (Portugal) = Take Another Plane
: Ralf

TAP = Take A Parachute...
In any case, I flew them once to South Africa and they weren't that bad...

--
/ Sebastian Hoffmann [] Auf der Mauer 6 \
| E-Mail: seb...@es.unizh.ch [] CH-8001 Zurich/Switzerland |

Daniel B Case

Feb 8, 1994, 1:57:00 PM2/8/94
In article <2j766e...@xs4all.hacktic.nl>, nali...@hacktic.nl (nalipson) writes...

There's a Canonical List of these, I think. Nonetheless...

LUFTHANSA: Let Us Fuck The Host(ess) And Not Say Anything
As No Steward Available

PIA (Pakistan International Airlines): Please Inform Allah

AI (AIr India): Allah Informed

EL AL (Israel): Every Landing Always Late

JAT (former Yugoslavia): Joking About Time

DELTA: Doesn't Even Leave The Airport
Ever Let Terrorists Aboard

Air France: Air Chance (Not an acronym, but it fits in)

Northwest Orient: Northworst Disorient

USAIR: USScare

TWA: Try Walking Across
Teeny Weeny Airlines

Daniel Case State University of New York at Buffalo
Prodigy: WDNS15D | GEnie: DCASE.10
Ceci n'est pas une pipe
V140...@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu dc...@acsu.buffalo.edu

Rama Nilsen

Feb 9, 1994, 1:05:23 AM2/9/94

SAHSA (Honduras) -- Stay At Home, Stay Alive

Steven M. Wilson

Feb 9, 1994, 2:21:00 AM2/9/94
In article <2j766e...@xs4all.hacktic.nl>,

LOTs!

TWA Today's Worst Airline
Tomorrow's Widebody Accident

ALITALIA A Little Italian Tit And Lotsa Italian Ass
A Little Italian Tradition And Lotsa Italian Attitude

DELTA Damaged Engines Limit Takeoff Ability
Drunken Engineers Land Too Abruptly

UNITED Union Niggers In Terminal Every Day
Usually Not Inclined To Eliminate Disasters

PAN AM Poor Airline Needs Any Money
Passengers Always Need A Mortician

TACA (Central America) Tome Alcohol Cuando Aborda
Take Another Carrier Always

AMERICAN Airline Meals Eaten Regularly Induce Cramps And Nausea
A Miracle Each Rider Is Currently Alive Now

EL AL Every Landing Always Lousy
Egyptian Louting Arab Loathing

--
****** - Steven M. Wilson - aka - wils...@ibg.colorado.edu - ******
*=A=L=L=-=O=P=I=N=I=O=N=S=-=A=R=E=-=M=Y=-=O=W=N=:=N=O=T=-=I=B=G='=S=-*

Steven M. Wilson

Feb 9, 1994, 3:03:21 AM2/9/94
In article <CKy4F...@cnsnews.colorado.edu>,

Steven M. Wilson <wils...@ibg.colorado.edu> wrote:

>>Any more?
>
>LOTs!
>
>TWA Today's Worst Airline
> Tomorrow's Widebody Accident

[snip!]

>UNITED [stupid tasteless drivel of mine deleted]

> Usually Not Inclined To Eliminate Disasters

To all people who perused my prior post, please pardon my primitive palaver.
I really don't know what came over me with that bit about the union
representatives in the terminal. Sorry.

Obacronyms:

DELTA Directed Everybody's Luggage To Atlanta

EL AL Everyone's Luggage Always Lost

Cosimo Anglano

Feb 9, 1994, 5:09:53 PM2/9/94
In article <1994Feb8.1...@rzu-news.unizh.ch> seb...@es.unizh.ch (Sebastian Hoffmann) writes:
>: TAP (Portugal) = Take Another Plane
>TAP = Take A Parachute...

ALITALIA (Italy)= Always in Late In Take-off And Landing In
Airports
SABENA = Such A Bad Experience Never Again

- Cosimo

Cosimo Anglano,
Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, 0114
University of California at San Diego,
La Jolla, CA, 92093

Daniel B Case

Feb 9, 1994, 8:58:00 PM2/9/94
In article <60...@sdcc12.ucsd.edu>, ang...@cs.ucsd.edu (Cosimo Anglano) writes...

>In article <1994Feb8.1...@rzu-news.unizh.ch> seb...@es.unizh.ch (Sebastian Hoffmann) writes:
>>: TAP (Portugal) = Take Another Plane
>>TAP = Take A Parachute...
>
>ALITALIA (Italy)= Always in Late In Take-off And Landing In
>Airports
>SABENA = Such A Bad Experience Never Again

QANTAS: Queers and Nymphos Trained As Staff
Queasy and Nervous-Try Another Service!

Nick Hocking

Feb 10, 1994, 7:04:16 PM2/10/94

BOAC - Blast off and crash

(I think this appeared shortly after a couple of their
Comet aircraft did crash)

Nick Hocking.

P.Y. Yee

Feb 11, 1994, 11:46:29 AM2/11/94
CAAC : China Airlines Always Cancel

B-)

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."
-- Al "The Big E" Einstein.

P.Y. Yee

Feb 11, 1994, 11:52:48 AM2/11/94

P.Y. Yee

Feb 11, 1994, 11:53:40 AM2/11/94

P.Y. Yee

Feb 11, 1994, 11:54:20 AM2/11/94

Judith A. Komorita

Feb 14, 1994, 6:03:32 PM2/14/94

AA (American Airlines) - Alcoholics Anonymous

TWA - Tomorrow We'll Arrive
- Travel With American

* Use this address in all e-mail correspondence - jkom...@zgs.com *
Judy Komorita - Twin Mom <wife, mom, programmer, atheist, introvert/INFJ>

Robert Mietus

Feb 15, 1994, 9:17:41 AM2/15/94

I always thought TWA stood for "Totally Wasted Airlines"

Janet Lee

Feb 15, 1994, 4:48:03 PM2/15/94
wils...@ibg.colorado.edu (Steven M. Wilson) writes:

>AMERICAN Airline Meals Eaten Regularly Induce Cramps And Nausea
^^^^^^

When I was a little kid (11yo), on an aeroplane for the first time, my family
was flying to Orlando on American. We had the most unfortunate pleasure of
being served breakfast on the morning flight. I can remember it clearly,
Pancakes and Sausage. I consumed it and about 10 minutes later, threw all
of it back up onto my tray. To this day, I do not ever enjoy traditional
American style breakfasts, and I always carry a stash of granola bars and
what not just in case the food on the plane doesn't look too good, which is
often...

janet.

Robert Ashcroft

Feb 15, 1994, 5:31:28 PM2/15/94
In article <2jrfuj...@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu>,

Next time you travel at breakfast time, call ahead of time (by at least
24 hours) and reserve a fruit-plate for breakfast, or some other special
breakfast (you may find that granola and/or some other healthy alternative
is available as a special meal for breakfast).

RNA

Dr. Dave

Feb 16, 1994, 11:25:50 PM2/16/94
nalipson (nali...@hacktic.nl) wrote:
: ALITALIA (Italy) = Always Late In Take-off, Always Late In Arrival

: SABENA (Belgium) Such A Bad Experience -- Never Again

: LOT (Poland) Lots Of Trouble

: Any more?

DELTA ---Doesn't Experience Like This Andrenalize?

TWA ---That Was Accidental

Northwest ---Nobody Out Ranks This Horrid, Worthless,
Excruciatingly Sluggish Transport

United ---U Need Insurance That Exempts Death

Dr. Dave ---- "Saddle up the horses boys, for tonight WE RIDE!!!
Two essential truths:
1. The intelligence of a committee is inversely proportional to the
number of members serving upon it.
2. The sum intelligence of a committee is always less than the
intelligence of its most ignorant member.

Robert Eikelboom

Feb 18, 1994, 3:31:58 AM2/18/94
Dr. Dave (dmg...@silver.sdsmt.edu) wrote:

: nalipson (nali...@hacktic.nl) wrote:
: : ALITALIA (Italy) = Always Late In Take-off, Always Late In Arrival

: : SABENA (Belgium) Such A Bad Experience -- Never Again

: : LOT (Poland) Lots Of Trouble

: : Any more?

: DELTA ---Doesn't Experience Like This Andrenalize?

: TWA ---That Was Accidental

: Northwest ---Nobody Out Ranks This Horrid, Worthless,
: Excruciatingly Sluggish Transport

: United ---U Need Insurance That Exempts Death

LUFTHANSA - Let Us Fiddle The Hostess And Not Say Anything

There are other words starting with F, but this is a family show.

RHE

Mike Mussington

Feb 19, 1994, 10:58:39 AM2/19/94

BOAC: Better On A Camel.

I don't presume to speak for any other individual, group, organization or
species. And I DON'T do politics.

Keith Ruskin

Feb 19, 1994, 3:44:13 PM2/19/94

US Air -- Unfortunately, Still Allegheny in Reality

john...@brt.deakin.edu.au

Feb 20, 1994, 10:50:14 PM2/20/94

>In article <2j766e...@xs4all.hacktic.nl>,
>nalipson <nali...@hacktic.nl> wrote:
>>ALITALIA (Italy) = Always Late In Take-off, Always Late In Arrival
>>
>>SABENA (Belgium) Such A Bad Experience -- Never Again
>>
>>LOT (Poland) Lots Of Trouble
>>
>>Any more?
>
>LOTs!
>
>TWA Today's Worst Airline
> Tomorrow's Widebody Accident
>
>ALITALIA A Little Italian Tit And Lotsa Italian Ass
> A Little Italian Tradition And Lotsa Italian Attitude
>
>DELTA Damaged Engines Limit Takeoff Ability
> Drunken Engineers Land Too Abruptly
>
>UNITED Union Niggers In Terminal Every Day
> Usually Not Inclined To Eliminate Disasters
>
>PAN AM Poor Airline Needs Any Money
> Passengers Always Need A Mortician
>
>TACA (Central America) Tome Alcohol Cuando Aborda
> Take Another Carrier Always
>
>AMERICAN Airline Meals Eaten Regularly Induce Cramps And Nausea
> A Miracle Each Rider Is Currently Alive Now
>
>EL AL Every Landing Always Lousy
> Egyptian Louting Arab Loathing

QANTAS Quit A Nice Trip - Any Survivors