Toy Company Word Association

dst...@privatei.com

Jul 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/2/98

I was on my way back from a business trip today and got to thinking
about the different toy companies and how other people view them (not
much else to do driving through Nebraska).

If you could describe the following toy companies (and their respective
lines, if listed) in one or two words *only*, what would it/they be?

1. Kenner (Star Wars)

2. Kenner (Batman/Superman)

3. Hasbro (GI Joe)

4. McFarlane Toys (Spawn)

5. McFarlane Toys (Monsters)

6. Playmates (Star Trek)

7. Toy Biz (Spider Man)

8. Toy Biz (X-Men)

9. Moore Action Collectibles

This should be interesting.

David
----

Kevin Johnston

Jul 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/2/98

dst...@privatei.com wrote:
> If you could describe the following toy companies (and their respective
> lines, if listed) in one or two words *only*, what would it/they be?
>
> 1. Kenner (Star Wars)

ThankyousirmayIhaveanother. ThankyousirmayIhaveanother.

> 2. Kenner (Batman/Superman)

Electroblastwingboloblade.

> 3. Hasbro (GI Joe)

Unclear on the concept.

> 4. McFarlane Toys (Spawn)

Triumph of style over substance.

> 5. McFarlane Toys (Monsters)

Ginchy!

#@&?$% SOBs.

> 7. Toy Biz (Spider Man)

Fun.

> 8. Toy Biz (X-Men)

Mutie fun.

> 9. Moore Action Collectibles

"You look Mah-valous!" (I really mean that-- they're gorgeous!)

Kevin

Elf Of Doom

Jul 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/2/98

dst...@privatei.com wrote:

> I was on my way back from a business trip today and got to thinking
> about the different toy companies and how other people view them (not
> much else to do driving through Nebraska).
>
> If you could describe the following toy companies (and their respective
> lines, if listed) in one or two words *only*, what would it/they be?
>
> 1. Kenner (Star Wars)

Zzzzzzzz

> 2. Kenner (Batman/Superman)

Articulation Nyet

> 3. Hasbro (GI Joe)

Conceptually Significant

> 4. McFarlane Toys (Spawn)

Delicately Beautiful

> 5. McFarlane Toys (Monsters)

Delicately Monstrous

> 6. Playmates (Star Trek)

Suicidal Tendencies

> 7. Toy Biz (Spider Man)

"Toys" Exemplified

> 8. Toy Biz (X-Men)

Obscure Characters

> 9. Moore Action Collectibles

Undecided

> This should be interesting.

Yes, interesting.

> David
> ----

EOD

ChrisM

Jul 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/2/98

dst...@privatei.com wrote:

> If you could describe the following toy companies (and their respective
> lines, if listed) in one or two words *only*, what would it/they be?
>
> 1. Kenner (Star Wars)

Love Hate

> 2. Kenner (Batman/Superman)

Goofy Accessories

> 3. Hasbro (GI Joe)

Expensive Editions

> 4. McFarlane Toys (Spawn)

Detailed'n Fragile

> 5. McFarlane Toys (Monsters)

Great Playsets

> 6. Playmates (Star Trek)

Blew it!

> 7. Toy Biz (Spider Man)

Over Accessorized

> 8. Toy Biz (X-Men)

Constipated Expression

> 9. Moore Action Collectibles

Great Sculpts.

--

"It's a fresh wind that blows against the empire."
- JA

Scott J. Gordon

Jul 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/2/98

dst...@privatei.com wrote:

> I was on my way back from a business trip today and got to thinking
> about the different toy companies and how other people view them (not
> much else to do driving through Nebraska).
>
> If you could describe the following toy companies (and their respective
> lines, if listed) in one or two words *only*, what would it/they be?
>
> 1. Kenner (Star Wars)

bye-bye money

> 2. Kenner (Batman/Superman)

languishing crumbs

> 6. Playmates (Star Trek)

slit-wrists, slow death

> 7. Toy Biz (Spider Man)

cool, variety

> 8. Toy Biz (X-Men)

Wolverine

> 9. Moore Action Collectibles

Buffy!

--Scott Gordon--

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SCOTT J. GORDON
scot...@ix.netcom.com ____________ _-_
\__________|)____.---'---`---.____
Maintainer of: || \----._________.----/
The rec.toys.action-figures.discuss FAQ || / ,'
http://www.toymania.com/faqs/faq.shtml ___||_,--' -._
and /___ 1:1 ||(-
RTM's Star Trek News Page `---._____-'
http://www.toymania.com/news/startrek.shtml
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

David P Dodson

Jul 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/2/98

> If you could describe the following toy companies (and their respective
> lines, if listed) in one or two words *only*, what would it/they be?
>
> 1. Kenner (Star Wars)

Yawn

> 2. Kenner (Batman/Superman)

More JLA!

> 3. Hasbro (GI Joe)

Look, son!

> 4. McFarlane Toys (Spawn)

More angels!

> 5. McFarlane Toys (Monsters)

Hurry, clearance.

> 6. Playmates (Star Trek)

Naked 7

> 7. Toy Biz (Spider Man)

Another Spidey?!?!?

> 8. Toy Biz (X-Men)

Lacking Wolverines.

> 9. Moore Action Collectibles

Fireeverybodybutthesculpter.

--
David Dodson

FREEDOM! (and cheetos)

Colin Epstein

Jul 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/2/98

Hmmm...

> 1. Kenner (Star Wars)
Hot/Cold

> 2. Kenner (Batman/Superman)
Holy Bat-versions!

> 3. Hasbro (GI Joe)
Frustrating

> 4. McFarlane Toys (Spawn)
Bitchin', bendy

> 5. McFarlane Toys (Monsters)
Top notch

> 6. Playmates (Star Trek)
Oops.

> 7. Toy Biz (Spider Man)

Silly Spideys

> 8. Toy Biz (X-Men)
Great Classics!

> 9. Moore Action Collectibles
What Action?

--
Colin

"Find a worm. Pick it up. All day long you'll have a worm." -Bungo
Womble

Nick Hazel

Jul 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/2/98

> On Thu, 02 Jul 1998 16:30:25 -0600, dst...@privatei.com wrote:
>
> >I was on my way back from a business trip today and got to thinking
> >about the different toy companies and how other people view them (not
> >much else to do driving through Nebraska).
> >

> >If you could describe the following toy companies (and their respective
> >lines, if listed) in one or two words *only*, what would it/they be?
> >
> >1. Kenner (Star Wars)

Over Kill

> >2. Kenner (Batman/Superman)

Less Bats

> >3. Hasbro (GI Joe)

Like Clockwork

> >4. McFarlane Toys (Spawn)

Yarrrrrrrr

> >5. McFarlane Toys (Monsters)

Bitchin'

> >6. Playmates (Star Trek)

Surrender License

> >7. Toy Biz (Spider Man)

Huh?

> >8. Toy Biz (X-Men)

Cheez Whiz

> >9. Moore Action Collectibles

Butts Boobs

Hmm. Aweful lot of negatives there. I guess that could be a big reason I'm
not a completist.
--
I'm getting out of MAGIC!

Swing by my Website and check out the great cards I'll trade
for your Action Figures, Beanies and other assorted collectibles.
http://home.earthlink.net/~wstar/ccgs.htm

Stop by my wife's site for amazing Astological Jewelry:
http://www.wstardesigns.com/

Joan Pixie

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

On Thu, 02 Jul 1998 16:30:25 -0600, dst...@privatei.com wrote:

>I was on my way back from a business trip today and got to thinking
>about the different toy companies and how other people view them (not
>much else to do driving through Nebraska).
>
>If you could describe the following toy companies (and their respective
>lines, if listed) in one or two words *only*, what would it/they be?
>
>1. Kenner (Star Wars)

silly. scalper.
>2. Kenner (Batman/Superman)
bright colours.
>3. Hasbro (GI Joe)
just there.
>4. McFarlane Toys (Spawn)
limbless funky
>5. McFarlane Toys (Monsters)
beautiful small
>6. Playmates (Star Trek)
shortpack losers

>7. Toy Biz (Spider Man)

again? why?
>8. Toy Biz (X-Men)
wolverine. wolverine.
>9. Moore Action Collectibles
gorgeous. stiff.

>This should be interesting.
right off the top of my head. Go me.

^i^ pixie
"I reserve the right to change anything stupid"

--/--/--/--/--/--/--/--/--/--/--/--/--/--/--/--/--/
Empress of rec.toys.action-figures
"why don't those stupid idiots let me into their crappy club for jerks?"
--Homer Simpson

npe...@gina.adelaide.edu.au

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

In article <359C0A...@privatei.com>,

dst...@privatei.com wrote:

> I was on my way back from a business trip today and got to thinking
> about the different toy companies and how other people view them (not
> much else to do driving through Nebraska).

Hmm you have never driven from Adelaide to Perth :)

> If you could describe the following toy companies (and their respective
> lines, if listed) in one or two words *only*, what would it/they be?

Cool idea

> 1. Kenner (Star Wars)

Rip off

> 2. Kenner (Batman/Superman)

No knees

> 3. Hasbro (GI Joe)

American Hero (buy Action man instead!)

> 4. McFarlane Toys (Spawn)

Chet and Toddles sitting in a tree ......

> 5. McFarlane Toys (Monsters)

Value and Fun

> 6. Playmates (Star Trek)

Dead as a Doornail

> 7. Toy Biz (Spider Man)

Fun Villans

> 8. Toy Biz (X-Men)

Acessoried Wolverines and co,

> 9. Moore Action Collectibles

Expensive Figures, Cheap statues

> This should be interesting.

It wil be!

Nigel
Mailing from really old Netscape today!

> David
> ----

Jerome

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

Ooooh, fun.

>1. Kenner (Star Wars)

I'm broke.

>2. Kenner (Batman/Superman)

Useless costumes.

>3. Hasbro (GI Joe)

80's toy.

>4. McFarlane Toys (Spawn)

Variant central.

>5. McFarlane Toys (Monsters)

blood n guts.

>6. Playmates (Star Trek)

Infamous 1701.

>7. Toy Biz (Spider Man)

Staying alive.

>8. Toy Biz (X-Men)

Different scales.

>9. Moore Action Collectibles

Big....swords.

Jerome.

-- remove NOSPAM in email address to reply --

uro...@vmmc.org

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

dst...@privatei.com wrote:

> I was on my way back from a business trip today and got to thinking
> about the different toy companies and how other people view them (not
> much else to do driving through Nebraska).
>
> If you could describe the following toy companies (and their respective
> lines, if listed) in one or two words *only*, what would it/they be?

Hey, this is going to be fun!

> 1. Kenner (Star Wars)
Useless pegwarmers! (That should get the SW fans all riled up!)

> 2. Kenner (Batman/Superman)

Stupid variants.
> 3. Hasbro (GI Joe)
Doesn't matter.

> 4. McFarlane Toys (Spawn)

Either great or horrible.
> 5. McFarlane Toys (Monsters)

Too small.
> 6. Playmates (Star Trek)

9" Trek= great.

> 7. Toy Biz (Spider Man)

More villains and supporting characters!
> 8. Toy Biz (X-Men)

Fewer Wolverines.
> 9. Moore Action Collectibles

Beautiful PVC's.
> This should be interesting.

Okay, so I didn't use only 1-2 words. Sue me!

Viet-Nam

GI Trekker

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

If you could describe the following toy companies (and their respective
lines, if listed) in one or two words *only*, what would it/they be?

1. Kenner (Star Wars)
Cool stuff

2. Kenner (Batman/Superman)
Prefix addicted

3. Hasbro (GI Joe)
Best toys

4. McFarlane Toys (Spawn)
Utter Garbage

5. McFarlane Toys (Monsters)
More Garbage

6. Playmates (Star Trek)
Tragically Mismanaged

7. Toy Biz (Spider Man)

Who cares

8. Toy Biz (X-Men)
Who cares

9. Moore Action Collectibles
Who??

rot

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

dst...@privatei.com wrote:

> 1. Kenner (Star Wars)

boring

> 2. Kenner (Batman/Superman)

regular lines - junkanimated lines - beautiful

> 3. Hasbro (GI Joe)

unobtainable

> 4. McFarlane Toys (Spawn)

gore / delicate

> 5. McFarlane Toys (Monsters)

cool

> 6. Playmates (Star Trek)

satan

> 7. Toy Biz (Spider Man)

god

> 8. Toy Biz (X-Men)

repaint

> 9. Moore Action Collectibles

art

rot

--
"the chief enemy of creativity is good taste" - Picasso
real address: gee...@ican.net

Jeremy Moran

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

1. Kenner (Star Wars)

Fun, but expensive...

2. Kenner (Batman/Superman)

Wasted

3. Hasbro (GI Joe)

80s: Classic
90s: Classy

4. McFarlane Toys (Spawn)

Delicate

5. McFarlane Toys (Monsters)

Amazing

6. Playmates (Star Trek)

Past its time

7. Toy Biz (Spider Man)

Nice for backup characters

8. Toy Biz (X-Men)

Too many Wolvies

9. Moore Action Collectibles

YUM! (Med. Witchblade)

James Silverwolf

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

> I was on my way back from a business trip today and got to thinking
> about the different toy companies and how other people view them (not
> much else to do driving through Nebraska).
>

> If you could describe the following toy companies (and their respective
> lines, if listed) in one or two words *only*, what would it/they be?
>
> 1. Kenner (Star Wars)

variant, scalper

> 2. Kenner (Batman/Superman)
bright, pointless

> 3. Hasbro (GI Joe)
yeah, so?

> 4. McFarlane Toys (Spawn)
intersting, fragile

> 5. McFarlane Toys (Monsters)
beautiful, fun

> 6. Playmates (Star Trek)
limited, pointless

> 7. Toy Biz (Spider Man)

again?

> 8. Toy Biz (X-Men)

accessories (said in a negative tone), wolverine

> 9. Moore Action Collectibles
beautiful statues

> This should be interesting.
>
> David
newsgroup, poster

Silverwolf; smart ass

--

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
this message brought to you by James Silverwolf

mar...@netcom.no.spam.com

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

In article <359C0A...@privatei.com> dst...@privatei.com writes:
>If you could describe the following toy companies (and their respective
>lines, if listed) in one or two words *only*, what would it/they be?
>
>1. Kenner (Star Wars)

Can't find.

>2. Kenner (Batman/Superman)

Excessive Variants.

>3. Hasbro (GI Joe)

Why bother?

>4. McFarlane Toys (Spawn)

Mostly gross.

>5. McFarlane Toys (Monsters)

Detailed smallness.

>6. Playmates (Star Trek)

They exist?

>7. Toy Biz (Spider Man)

Variant City.

>8. Toy Biz (X-Men)

More Wolverines :-)!

>9. Moore Action Collectibles

Very spathic.

Marcia.
1:1
--
Marcia Bednarcyk. ADDRESSES: mar...@netcom.com
(remove the X's for real addresses) mar...@calico.litterbox.com

Jeff Herrold

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

> 1. Kenner (Star Wars)

C'mere Scalper

> 2. Kenner (Batman/Superman)

Stupid Bat-men

> 3. Hasbro (GI Joe)

Better detailed costumes and articulation than 12" SW - why?

> 4. McFarlane Toys (Spawn)

Quality Control

or

Flimsy Breakables

> 5. McFarlane Toys (Monsters)

Fun Toys!

> 6. Playmates (Star Trek)

Corporate Idiots

> 7. Toy Biz (Spider Man)

Smart Marketing (they manage to make all the obscure characters you could
want)

> 8. Toy Biz (X-Men)

Boxed Sets (gorgeous!)

> 9. Moore Action Collectibles

Pretty Sculptures

- Jeff

Absolut Zero

Jul 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/4/98

dst...@privatei.com wrote:

> I was on my way back from a business trip today and got to thinking
> about the different toy companies and how other people view them (not
> much else to do driving through Nebraska).

> If you could describe the following toy companies (and their respective

> lines, if listed) in one or two words *only*, what would it/they be?

> 1. Kenner (Star Wars)

Poor distribution.

or just

GREEN!!

> 2. Kenner (Batman/Superman)

(Ooooh!) Preeeetty colors!

> 3. Hasbro (GI Joe)

3 3/4" Articulation galore!
12" Phhhht! Dolls. :P

> 4. McFarlane Toys (Spawn)

Bend-ems live.

> 5. McFarlane Toys (Monsters)

Mooommy!!

> 6. Playmates (Star Trek)

Customers suck!

> 7. Toy Biz (Spider Man)

What happened?

> 8. Toy Biz (X-Men)

<Gasp>, *<Wheeze>*

> 9. Moore Action Collectibles

Bronze it.

Reid Worth

[ ]
| |
/ \
{ }
| |
| |
| |
|_____|

absolut zero

Bubba Bo Bob Fett

Jul 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/5/98

In article <6nn0qp$5q9$3...@camel15.mindspring.com>, jdor...@mindspring.com wrote:

> wine <wi...@ican.net> wrote:
> >wine
> >"feeling bitchy"
>
> Jeepers! So which toys *do* you like? :-)

The adult kind ;p

Bubba Bo Bob Fett- who will be hiding behind the sofa for a bit

--
I like to sit outside, drink beer, and yell at people.
If I do that at home, I'll be arrested.

Toycollctr

Jul 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/5/98

1. Kenner (Star Wars)
80% cool, 20% garbage

2. Kenner (Batman/Superman)
Repainted crap.

3. Hasbro (GI Joe)
Still the best!

4. McFarlane Toys (Spawn)
If I say it, I'll get thrown out of cyberspace.

5. McFarlane Toys (Monsters)
See previous

6. Playmates (Star Trek)
Chris Overley wasn't fired soon enough.

7. Toy Biz (Spider Man)

Been around too long.

8. Toy Biz (X-Men)
Been around way too long.

9. Moore Action Collectibles
These aren't action figures, they're statues.

wine

Jul 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/5/98

Bubba Bo Bob Fett wrote:

> The adult kind ;p
>
> Bubba Bo Bob Fett- who will be hiding behind the sofa for a bit

You know, I really should be adult about this, and just ignore it,
let it slide ... rise above it, so to speak ...

wine
"Naaaa .... DIVE!!!!!"

--
Windows NT crashed.
I am the Blue Screen of Death.

Joan Pixie

Jul 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/6/98

On Sun, 05 Jul 1998 14:02:02 -0700, sab...@cwo.com (Bubba Bo Bob
Fett) wrote:

>In article <6nn0qp$5q9$3...@camel15.mindspring.com>, jdor...@mindspring.com wrote:
>
>> wine <wi...@ican.net> wrote:
>> >wine
>> >"feeling bitchy"
>>
>> Jeepers! So which toys *do* you like? :-)
>>

>The adult kind ;p
>
>Bubba Bo Bob Fett- who will be hiding behind the sofa for a bit

HMmmmm... the better to catch you, my dear! ;)

^i^ pixie
"I love when they hide" ;P

Empress of rec.toys.action-figures
"why don't those stupid idiots let me into their crappy club for jerks?"
--Homer Simpson

(draw little hearts here) JS (draw some more hearts)