Wake Week - June 8, 1998 (Events, News, and TV Times)

Greg Wait

Jun 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/10/98

Their backing helps us to bring you Behind The Boat.

Looking for Double Up Wakeboards? G-Bolts? Hardline Performance Ropes
and Handles? Fresh Water Traction pads? Check out
http://www.behindtheboat.com/rep.htm, or email DblU...@aol.com for
information.

======================
This Week's Events
======================
The following waterskiing and wakeboarding events are scheduled to take
place this week around the world:

Week of June 8-14, 1998
=========================
12 N. W. Sessions Wakeboard Tournament (Session 2)
Big Lake, Mt Vernon, WA

13 Mutiny On The Beach Invitational
Echo Lake, Utah

13-14 Pro Tour Stop
Shreveport, LA

13 TV Pro Tour Wakeboard Coverage - Charleston, SC
1 AM Eastern, ESPN2

13 TV Pro Tour Jump Coverage - Charleston, SC
2:30 AM Eastern, ESPN2

(Did we miss something? Make sure and let us know if you have an event
coming up!)
..
=====================
Event News
=====================
1998 Wakeboard World Cup updated standings
(the standings after 5 events)

Men:
----
1. Darin Shapiro 410 points
2. Parks Bonifay 274
3. Shaun Murray 224
4. Rob Struharik 165
5. Ryan Siebring 147
6. Gregg Necrason 129
7. Brannan Johnson 104
8. Dean Lavelle 82
9. Jeff Heer 80
10. Jacob Koncak 76

Women:
------
1. Tara Hamilton 319 points
2. Dana Preble 264
3. Jaime Necrason 220
4. Charity Merriman 214
5. Farrah Dawson 159
6. Christy Smith 134
7. Marie Botved 127
8. Britt Larsen 97
9. Andrea Gaytan 95
10. Leza Bugden 94

1998 Pro Water Ski & Wakeboarding Tour Updated Standings 6/8

Slalom:
-------
1. Andy Mapple 450 points
2. Wade Cox 410
3. Patrice Martin 242
4. Jeff Rodgers 200
5. Richard Kjellander 181
6. Steve Cockeram 160
6. Chris Parrish 160
8. Mike Kjellander 154
9. Mike Champion 109
10. Jodi Fisher 108

Jump:
-----
1. Freddy Krueger 585 points
2. Curtis Sheers 494
3. Bruce Neville 472
4. Jaret Llewellyn 265
5. Scot Ellis 180
6. Scott Smith 147
7. Daniel Dobringer 65
8. Christophe Duverger 56
9. Andrea Alessi 42
10. Patrice Martin 34

Wakeboarding:
-------------
1. Darin Shapiro 240 points
2. Shaun Murray 173
3. Parks Bonifay 156
4. Ryan Siebring 100
5. Gregg Necrason 66
5. Brannan Johnson 66
7. Jeff Heer 64
8. Dean Lavelle 56
9. Gerry Nunn 45
10. Rob Struharik 44

Women's Wakeboarding:
---------------------
1. Dana Preble 178 points
2. Jaime Necrason 169
3. Charity Merriman 151
4 Tara Hamilton 119
5. Christy Smith 117
6. Farrah Dawson 106
7. Marie Botved 84
8. Tina Bessinger 69
9. Britt Larsen 57
10. Brandi Hunt 53

Here's the current standings after 2 events on the Super Grom
Wakeboarding Series & the Junior Championship Series. The remaining
stops on both series are the Wakeboard Nationals and the Wakeboard
Worlds.

Super Grom:
----------
1. Bryan Kennedy 200 points
2. Daniel Harf 140
3. JD Webb 86
4. Froggy Sovin 69
5. Chris Andrews 53
6. Tim Kovacich 51
7T. Collin Gossett 40
7T. Trevor Hansen 40
9. Tadpole Sovin 32
10. Jeffrey McKee 30

Junior Series:
-------------
1. Shane Bonifay 148
2T. Shawn Watson 100
2T. Erik Ruck 100
4. Peter Ward 70
5. Ryan Wynne 63
6. Solomon Holmes 45
7. Tim Setter 42
8. Sean Flemming 38
9. Andrew Cairns 30
10T. Brian Crawford 25
10T. Bart Copeland 25

As always, our thanks to Dean Turcol for the updates.
..

=====================
LEGISLATIVE ALERT
=====================
The Coast Guard is attempting to mandate the wearing of PFDs on board
boats at all times in the U. S.. This ridiculous restriction is being
attempted at a time when boating injuries and deaths are DOWN
nationwide. Contact authorities in your area and fight this!

Behind The Boat is all for safety first, but responsible boaters can
decide for themselves when it is prudent to don protective gear.
..

Is your school, club, or organization having an event that's not on our
calendar? E-mail me with the details.

Could your watersports-related company benefit from exposure to
thousands boat-towed sports enthusiasts a month? Contact me for
sponsorship information.

This announcement is a service of Behind The Boat.
--
Greg Wait <zo...@behindtheboat.com>
Editor