Saw F-9/11

John Bradshaw Layfield

Jul 3, 2004, 4:01:08 PM7/3/04
I thought it was one of the most powerful movies I've ever seen. Loved the
part where Moore asks one of the Senators to have his kid enlist and go to
Iraq and the Senator looked at him like "you've gotta be fuckin' kidding me
pal"

Oh, and at the end when Bush fucks up the fool me once sentence.....lol.

I really hope that motherfucker Bush doesn't win the election. He does not
deserve a second term.

Trijcomm

Jul 3, 2004, 5:19:26 PM7/3/04
>I really hope that motherfucker Bush doesn't win the election. He does not
>deserve a second term.

Like the ribbon-thrower Kerry is a better choice. BTW -- you believe everything
you see in the movies is real?

Message has been deleted

MottolaVersion2

Jul 3, 2004, 5:25:08 PM7/3/04
>Subject: Re: Saw F-9/11
>From: trij...@cs.com (Trijcomm)
>Date: 7/3/2004 5:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time

>>I really hope that motherfucker Bush doesn't win the election. He does not
>>deserve a second term.
>
>Like the ribbon-thrower Kerry is a better choice.

That's right....give Bush another 4 years to run this country into the ground.
Zeig Heil!

_
http://members.toast.net/mlc/shytole.jpg

Krusty

Jul 3, 2004, 5:22:16 PM7/3/04
"Trijcomm" <trij...@cs.com> wrote...

Of course...next you're gonna tell me there's no such thing as the Hulk, and
that nice Peter Parker boy isn't really Spider-Man.

Why don't you just go ahead and ruin *everything* for us...

Bet you don't even believe in Santa Claus, you unamerican commie pig fucker.

Block Resnar

Jul 3, 2004, 5:03:55 PM7/3/04

"Trijcomm" <trij...@cs.com> wrote in message

Dude, seriously I've only been here like 6 months but I've gotta say you are
the best troll on Usenet. You are very subtle about it though......that's
pure genius.

the Bede

Jul 3, 2004, 5:50:07 PM7/3/04

"Block Resnar" <long lost chinese twin of brock lesnar> wrote in message
IAWTP (altho i will never admit it).

Officer Farva and Anyone but Bush

Jul 3, 2004, 5:53:13 PM7/3/04
the idiotic quotes from the bush admin were real.

********************
"Kick him when he's down, he's easier to reach." -- Scott Hall

Lvubun

Jul 3, 2004, 6:16:46 PM7/3/04
>> the best troll on Usenet. You are very subtle about it though......that's
>> pure genius.
>>
>IAWTP (altho i will never admit it)

I agree, their is no way in hell somebody can actually think the way he does,
he can't be real. Still I can't help but want to shake the shit out of him.

VHEAGLE

Jul 3, 2004, 6:20:33 PM7/3/04

>I thought it was one of the most powerful movies I've ever seen. Loved the
>part where Moore asks one of the Senators to have his kid enlist and go to
>Iraq and the Senator looked at him like "you've gotta be fuckin' kidding me
>pal"

How about the one where Moore edited out the part where the politician's
relatives WERE enlisting...Moore even left it implied he wouldn't answer, when
he did. One of only about 50 or 60 falsehoods and misrepresentations.

Message has been deleted

Krusty

Jul 3, 2004, 6:32:40 PM7/3/04
"VHEAGLE" <vhe...@aol.com> wrote

> How about the one where Moore edited out the part where the politician's
> relatives WERE enlisting...

Oh, so his son DID sign up?

Thought so...

Brandon Hex

Jul 3, 2004, 8:45:27 PM7/3/04
In article <0fbeb6872fc2cbb1...@news.teranews.com>, "John
Bradshaw Layfield" <worst drawing champion in wwe history and a nazi>
wrote:

> I thought it was one of the most powerful movies I've ever seen. Loved the
> part where Moore asks one of the Senators to have his kid enlist and go to
> Iraq and the Senator looked at him like "you've gotta be fuckin' kidding me
> pal"

Yeah., that fat ass Moore couldn't fit ito any army gear. They'd have to
send out for special sizes. And his size is " Who gives a crap what that
fat American peice of super sized ugly ass crap has to say."

--
When I finally do go to Hell, I am kicking Satan's ass and taking over.

I hate everything I like.
Hex don't know no 'good' magic!

jedi mind trick- This isn't the troll you are looking for.

0wn!ng kooks since ... j00!
I bet j00r head hurts now.

Jul 3, 2004, 10:59:15 PM7/3/04
On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 20:01:08 GMT, "John Bradshaw Layfield" <worst drawing

champion in wwe history and a nazi> wrote:

In case you don't want to drink Moore kool-aid.

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

http://www.michaelmoorehatesamerica.com/

Just to get you started.

--------------------------------
I'm uncertain about Heisenberg.

Official Mafia Spokesperson

Jul 3, 2004, 11:08:09 PM7/3/04

wrote in message news:0fbeb6872fc2cbb1...@news.teranews.com...

> I thought it was one of the most powerful movies I've ever seen. Loved
the
> part where Moore asks one of the Senators to have his kid enlist and go to
> Iraq and the Senator looked at him like "you've gotta be fuckin' kidding
me
> pal"

This was one of the defining moments in the film.. that look the senator
gave Moore just said it all- so powerful, because no words were needed!

Sean Walsh

Jul 4, 2004, 11:16:20 AM7/4/04
"John Bradshaw Layfield" <worst drawing champion in wwe history and a nazi> wrote in message news:<0fbeb6872fc2cbb1...@news.teranews.com>...
> I thought it was one of the most powerful movies I've ever seen. Loved the
> part where Moore asks one of the Senators to have his kid enlist and go to
> Iraq and the Senator looked at him like "you've gotta be fuckin' kidding me
> pal"

But what you missed was the part when the senator told Moore that his
nephew had just enlisted and was heading over to Iraq. Moore
conveniently cut that part out, and the guy's been on the news several
times telling people that whenever they ask him about the film.

--
Sean

Heelgod

Jul 4, 2004, 11:56:31 AM7/4/04
> >>I really hope that motherfucker Bush doesn't win the election. He
> >>does not deserve a second term.
> >
> > Like the ribbon-thrower Kerry is a better choice.
>
> Yes, yes he is.

Unfortunately, the thing I like MOST about Kerry is that he's not BUSH. That
is what conflicts me the most about my vote (which I've yet to decide on).
That, and even though I may not agree about the reasons for going to Iraq,
what's done is done, and it seems logical (sort of) to stick with Bush, if
only so that the invasion (in terms of reasons, methods, sucesses, failures,
etc) is consistent with the pullout.

Ah well, I've got a few months to decide.

-Heelgod

Krusty

Jul 4, 2004, 12:24:32 PM7/4/04
"Sean Walsh" <mad...@comicboards.com> wrote

> But what you missed was the part when the senator told Moore that his
> nephew had just enlisted and was heading over to Iraq.

But you miss the point that he asked him about his *son* and not his nephew.
So who gives a shit if some relative outside the immediate family enlists.
The *point* he was making, and what your reply still fails to address, is
that he wouldn't send his own son to fight in that war.

§¦«The Wraith»¦§

Jul 4, 2004, 3:43:37 PM7/4/04
In news:4bWFc.110834$2o2.6...@twister.southeast.rr.com,
Krusty <are-es-pee-do...@yahoo.com> typed:

No sane person would want their own son to fight in any war. (The previous
sentence excludes any father currently enlisted in the army)

--

|-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=|
- NEW owner of the APWW Slammy's (coming September 5th) -

Krusty

Jul 4, 2004, 3:47:42 PM7/4/04
"§¦«The Wraith»¦§" <Nightm...@net0.net> wrote

> Krusty <are-es-pee-do...@yahoo.com> typed:
> > "Sean Walsh" <mad...@comicboards.com> wrote
> >> But what you missed was the part when the senator told Moore that his
> >> nephew had just enlisted and was heading over to Iraq.
> >
> > But you miss the point that he asked him about his *son* and not his
> > nephew. So who gives a shit if some relative outside the immediate
> > family enlists. The *point* he was making, and what your reply still
> > fails to address, is that he wouldn't send his own son to fight in
> > that war.
>
> No sane person would want their own son to fight in any war. (The previous
> sentence excludes any father currently enlisted in the army)

That's not true at all.

§¦«The Wraith»¦§

Jul 4, 2004, 3:49:20 PM7/4/04
In news:y9ZFc.98231$wH4.5...@twister.southeast.rr.com,
Krusty <are-es-pee-do...@yahoo.com> typed:

Anyone that wants to put their son in danger of losing their life is an
idiot.

Krusty

Jul 4, 2004, 3:56:09 PM7/4/04
"§¦«The Wraith»¦§" <Nightm...@net0.net> wrote
> Krusty <are-es-pee-do...@yahoo.com> typed:
> > "§¦«The Wraith»¦§" <Nightm...@net0.net> wrote
> >> Krusty <are-es-pee-do...@yahoo.com> typed:

> >> No sane person would want their own son to fight in any war. (The
> >> previous sentence excludes any father currently enlisted in the army)
> >
> > That's not true at all.
>
> Anyone that wants to put their son in danger of losing their life is an
> idiot.

How about being proud of their *over* 18 year old son who made his *own*
decision to serve? Of course, by your logic, we should throw the Earnhardts
in jail...toss the Kenevil clan under the jail...and make sure that all of
our precious boys never go near their dad's gun collection, or start riding
motorcycles, or go swimming in the ocean, etc etc ad nauseum...

Come on, grow up and join the rest of us in the real world. The decision to
serve your country is up to the *adult* man who decides to do it. Quit being
such a pussy.

Sean Walsh

Jul 4, 2004, 7:55:17 PM7/4/04
"Krusty" <are-es-pee-do...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<4bWFc.110834$2o2.6...@twister.southeast.rr.com>...

> "Sean Walsh" <mad...@comicboards.com> wrote
> > But what you missed was the part when the senator told Moore that his
> > nephew had just enlisted and was heading over to Iraq.
>
> But you miss the point that he asked him about his *son* and not his nephew.
> So who gives a shit if some relative outside the immediate family enlists.

Um..........any caring individual, especially an uncle or anyone else
related?!

> The *point* he was making, and what your reply still fails to address, is
> that he wouldn't send his own son to fight in that war.

Upon further study, it seems that Rep. Kennedy (not one of them
Kennedys) also mentioned to Moore that his son had talked to him about
possibly enlisting.

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

…Representative Kennedy (R-MN), one of the lawmakers accosted in
Fahrenheit 9/11, was censored by Michael Moore.
According to the Star Tribune, Kennedy, when asked if he would
be willing to send his son to Iraq, responded by stating that he had a
nephew who was en-route to Afghanistan. He went on to inform Moore
that his son was thinking about a career in the navy and that two of
his nephews had already served in the armed forces. Kennedy's side of
the conversation, however, was cut from the film, leaving him looking
bewildered and defensive.

What was Michael's excuse for trimming the key segment?
Kennedy's remarks didn't help his thesis: "He mentioned that he had a
nephew that was going over to Afghanistan," Moore recounted. "So then
I said ‘No, no, that's not our job here today. We want you to send
your child to Iraq. Not a nephew.'"

Kennedy lambasted Moore as a "master of the misleading" after
viewing the interview in question.

George Stephanopoulos, of ABC News, asked Moore about the selective
cuts in the Kennedy footage:

Stephanopoulos: You have a scene when you're up on Capitol Hill
encountering members of Congress, asking them if they would ask their
sons and daughters to enlist … in the military. And one of those
members of Congress who appears in the trailer, Mark Kennedy, said you
left out what he told you, which is that he has two nephews serving in
the military, one in Afghanistan. And he went on to say that, "Michael
Moore doesn't always give the whole truth. He's a master of the
misleading."

Moore: Well, at the time, when we interviewed him, he didn't have any
family members in Afghanistan. And when he saw the trailer for this
movie, he issued a report to the press saying that he said that he had
a kid in—

Stephanopoulos: He said he told you he had two nephews.

Moore:… No, he didn't. And we released the transcript and we put it on
our Web site. This is what I mean by our war room. Any time a guy like
this comes along and says, "I told him I had two nephews and one was
going to Iraq and one was going to Afghanistan," he's lying. And I've
got the raw footage and the transcript to prove it. So any time these
Republicans come at me like this, this is exactly what they're going
to get. And people can go to my Web site and read the transcript and
read the truth. What he just said there, what you just quoted, is not
true.

This Week followed up with the office of Rep. Kennedy. He did
have two nephews in the military, but neither served in Iraq.
Kennedy's staff agrees that Moore's Website is accurate but insists
the movie version is misleading. In the film, Moore says,
"Congressman, I'm trying to get members of Congress to get their kids
to enlist in the Army and go over to Iraq." But, from the transcript,
here's the rest:

Moore: Is there any way you could help me with that?

Kennedy: How would I help you?

Moore: Pass it out to other members of Congress.

Kennedy: I'd be happy to — especially those who voted for the war. I
have a nephew on his way to Afghanistan.

This Week, ABC News, June 20, 2004.

--
Sean

§¦«The Wraith»¦§

Jul 4, 2004, 10:56:37 PM7/4/04
In news:thZFc.98232$wH4.5...@twister.southeast.rr.com,

Wow...you're not very smart. I never said anything about forcing your son
into battle. I said only an idiot would want to put their son in danger of
losing their life. Daredevils, race car drivers, motocross guys,
swimmers.... that's hardly in danger of losing their life. That's having a
very slim chance to be able to die.

Krusty

Jul 4, 2004, 11:29:22 PM7/4/04
"§¦«The Wraith»¦§" <Nightm...@net0.net> wrote

> Wow...you're not very smart. I never said anything about forcing your son
> into battle. I said only an idiot would want to put their son in danger of
> losing their life. Daredevils, race car drivers, motocross guys,
> swimmers.... that's hardly in danger of losing their life. That's having a
> very slim chance to be able to die.

And I tried to point out that no father *PUTS* his son into anything, you
thick skulled neanderthal. Last I checked, everyone who enlisted was a
fucking adult and did so of their own volition. You know what that means,
right? Volition? Please to be learning about what it means to be a real,
live, grown up man before you start in next time.

Idiot.

§¦«The Wraith»¦§

Jul 5, 2004, 9:34:09 AM7/5/04
In news:mW3Gc.98605$wH4.5...@twister.southeast.rr.com,
Krusty <are-es-pee-do...@yahoo.com> typed:

Yeah, you're definitely fucking stupid.

"No sane person would want their own son to fight in any war. (The previous
sentence excludes any father currently enlisted in the army)"

Did I mention anything about the father *putting* the son in the war? No, I
said he wouldn't want his son in the war. Learn to read, fuckface.

§¦«The Wraith»¦§

Jul 5, 2004, 9:37:44 AM7/5/04
In news:2kt3mgF...@uni-berlin.de,
§¦«The Wraith»¦§ <Nightm...@net0.net> typed:

> In news:mW3Gc.98605$wH4.5...@twister.southeast.rr.com,
> Krusty <are-es-pee-do...@yahoo.com> typed:
>> "§¦«The Wraith»¦§" <Nightm...@net0.net> wrote
>>> Wow...you're not very smart. I never said anything about forcing
>>> your son into battle. I said only an idiot would want to put their
>>> son in danger of losing their life. Daredevils, race car drivers,
>>> motocross guys, swimmers.... that's hardly in danger of losing their
>>> life. That's having a very slim chance to be able to die.
>>
>> And I tried to point out that no father *PUTS* his son into anything,
>> you thick skulled neanderthal. Last I checked, everyone who enlisted
>> was a fucking adult and did so of their own volition. You know what
>> that means, right? Volition? Please to be learning about what it
>> means to be a real, live, grown up man before you start in next time.
>>
>> Idiot.
>
> Yeah, you're definitely fucking stupid.
>
> "No sane person would want their own son to fight in any war. (The
> previous sentence excludes any father currently enlisted in the army)"
>
> Did I mention anything about the father *putting* the son in the war?
> No, I said he wouldn't want his son in the war. Learn to read,
> fuckface.

And BTW, before you come back with "but you said in the next post..." it
doesn't matter what I said in the next post, because the first post explains
my point. Yes, "Anyone that wants to put their son in danger of losing their
life is an idiot." If you read the first post, then read the second, you can
see that I'm not saying "hey, their father's going to enlist them!"

Krusty

Jul 5, 2004, 12:05:00 PM7/5/04
"§¦«The Wraith»¦§" <Nightm...@net0.net> wrote

> Did I mention anything about the father *putting* the son in the war? No,
> said he wouldn't want his son in the war. Learn to read, fuckface.

The point that seems to be flying over your profoundly sloped head, is that
someone's parents have *nothing* to do with what a grown, adult 18 year old
man or woman decides to do. Fuckwit.

Repeat after me, "It's not UP to them in any way shape or form".

So who gives a fuck what their parents think? It's not their choice, you
fucking imbicile.

Do you check with your daddy every day before you take a shit? Does it
matter what your daddy and mommy think about what you do on a daily basis?
Are you ten years old? Do you know what it means to be an adult and make
your own choices and live with them?

My parents didn't have shit to do with me enlisting, and I didn't give two
shits about what their opinion was about me going anyplace, much less dying
in a war. Trust me, once I'm dead I really am not going to have much use for
their opinion.

§¦«The Wraith»¦§

Jul 5, 2004, 12:11:41 PM7/5/04
In news:M_eGc.98800$wH4.5...@twister.southeast.rr.com,
Krusty <are-es-pee-do...@yahoo.com> typed:

> "§¦«The Wraith»¦§" <Nightm...@net0.net> wrote
>> Did I mention anything about the father *putting* the son in the
>> war? No, I said he wouldn't want his son in the war. Learn to read,
>> fuckface.
>
> The point that seems to be flying over your profoundly sloped head,
> is that someone's parents have *nothing* to do with what a grown,
> adult 18 year old man or woman decides to do. Fuckwit.

My god... you just completely changed the whole point of your original post.
"The point he was making, and what your reply still fails to address, is
that he wouldn't send his own son to fight in that war." There are very few
people who would send their son to fight in the war. That's the point that
I'm making. I don't give a shit if you were 18 and wanted to go in, that's
not what we were talking about. Learn to stay on the topic at hand.

<snip unneccesary, irrelevant ramblings>

Krusty

Jul 5, 2004, 1:58:19 PM7/5/04
"§¦«The Wraith»¦§" <Nightm...@net0.net> wrote

> My god... you just completely changed the whole point of your original
post.

Actually, you've been flipping and flopping all over the place.

First it was about how he wouldn't send his nephew, then it was suddenly
about "no fother would want his son dying in a war"

Make up your mind, I'll school your ass on whatever point you decide to
stick with.

In fact, it took a turn with your first reply:

"No sane person would want their own son to fight in any war. (The previous
sentence excludes any father currently enlisted in the army)"

Then you posted:
"Anyone that wants to put their son in danger of losing their life is an
idiot."

Seriously...make up your mind. I'll simply reiterate my feelings on the
whole matter.

1. The point of the post was that Micheal Moore asked him about his *son*
signing up to fight. He strawmann'ed it by saying, "I have a nephew who's
about to go" completely disregarding the question about his son. Nobody has
still addressed this. Which I pointed out.

2. You said "No sane person would want their own son to fight in any war."
to which I replied, "Not true", and which I still feel is not true. Fathers
are proud of sons who take it upon themselves to enlist of their own
volition and make the decision to fight and possibly die for their country.
I feel that way. If my son enlisted, I'd be proud. Especially at a time when
there's combat going on. Some people love their country. Even if they're
democrats. I've been an enlisted and an officer in the Navy. If my son
decided to follow in my footsteps, I'd be more than proud of him.

3. Then you switched directions *again* and started up with "Anyone who
wants to put their son..." to which I replied, "nobody PUTS anyone anyplace,
they enlist on their own" which I still feel. No parent "puts" (your words)
their offspring into anything. Last I checked 18 year old men and women were
grown adults and could make up their own minds.

So far I've been fairly consistent on my views every time you've switched
gears and started arguing about something else.

Bring it. If you want to go off in another direction, I'll be more than
happy to school you again...like I said.

§¦«The Wraith»¦§

Jul 5, 2004, 2:13:39 PM7/5/04
In news:%EgGc.125201$tH1.4...@twister.southeast.rr.com,
Krusty <are-es-pee-do...@yahoo.com> typed:

> "§¦«The Wraith»¦§" <Nightm...@net0.net> wrote
>> My god... you just completely changed the whole point of your
>> original post.
>
> Actually, you've been flipping and flopping all over the place.
>
> First it was about how he wouldn't send his nephew, then it was
> suddenly about "no fother would want his son dying in a war"

I don't believe I ever used those words. Could you show me where I did?

> Make up your mind, I'll school your ass on whatever point you decide
> to stick with.
>
> In fact, it took a turn with your first reply:
> "No sane person would want their own son to fight in any war. (The
> previous sentence excludes any father currently enlisted in the army)"
>
> Then you posted:
> "Anyone that wants to put their son in danger of losing their life is
> an idiot."
>
> Seriously...make up your mind. I'll simply reiterate my feelings on
> the whole matter.

Those are basically the exact same sentence. "Only an idiot would want to
put their son in danger of losing their life" and "No sane person
(non-idiot) would want their son to fight in any war (be in danger of losing
their life).

> 1. The point of the post was that Micheal Moore asked him about his
> *son* signing up to fight. He strawmann'ed it by saying, "I have a
> nephew who's about to go" completely disregarding the question about
> his son. Nobody has still addressed this. Which I pointed out.
>
> 2. You said "No sane person would want their own son to fight in any
> war." to which I replied, "Not true", and which I still feel is not
> true. Fathers are proud of sons who take it upon themselves to enlist
> of their own volition and make the decision to fight and possibly die
> for their country. I feel that way. If my son enlisted, I'd be proud.
> Especially at a time when there's combat going on. Some people love
> their country. Even if they're democrats. I've been an enlisted and
> an officer in the Navy. If my son decided to follow in my footsteps,
> I'd be more than proud of him.

I never said you wouldn't be proud, but you can't tell me that you would
actually want him to go. If you wanted him to go, you certainly disregard
the safety of your kids more than anyone I know.

> 3. Then you switched directions *again* and started up with "Anyone
> who wants to put their son..." to which I replied, "nobody PUTS
> anyone anyplace, they enlist on their own" which I still feel. No
> parent "puts" (your words) their offspring into anything. Last I
> checked 18 year old men and women were grown adults and could make up
> their own minds.

Your original post was about "sending his own son to fight in that war."
That would certainly be putting them in it, would it not?

> So far I've been fairly consistent on my views every time you've
> switched gears and started arguing about something else.
>
> Bring it. If you want to go off in another direction, I'll be more
> than happy to school you again...like I said.

The Keeper

Jul 5, 2004, 3:23:49 PM7/5/04

"Krusty" <are-es-pee-do...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>. Fathers

> are proud of sons who take it upon themselves to enlist of their own
> volition and make the decision to fight and possibly die for their
country.
> I feel that way. If my son enlisted, I'd be proud.

There is a difference in being proud of someone who enlists and goes to
war... and someone who WANTS their son to go to war.

If I had a son I would do everything I could to persuade him to stay the
hell out of any war. I've been there and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
There are other ways of serving this country without volunteering to die for
a cause that is unjust, unproven and increasingly unpopular.

> Last I checked 18 year old men and women were
> grown adults and could make up their own minds.

Legally they aren't adult enough to buy a drink... let's not be so willing
to push our youth into a shooting war.

This war in Iraq will not bring peace to the region and it will not stop
terrorism. In fact, it could be reasonably argued that our invasion of that
country has now made the area less stable and the possibility of terrorism
even higher.

I am proud and have respect for anyone who serves in the military but I am
not willing to send them to kill or die in a war that will have only losers
and will gain no one anything.

The Keeper

Krusty

Jul 5, 2004, 6:33:41 PM7/5/04
"The Keeper" <my...@cotse.net> wrote

> There is a difference in being proud of someone who enlists and goes to
> war... and someone who WANTS their son to go to war.

"Someone who wants their son to go to war" has no sayso in the matter. It
doesn't matter what I want or don't want for my hypothetical son. He's 18.
End of discussion.

> If I had a son I would do everything I could to persuade him to stay the
> hell out of any war. I've been there and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
> There are other ways of serving this country without volunteering to die
for
> a cause that is unjust, unproven and increasingly unpopular.

Again, you can say anything you want, but ultimately, you have no sayso in
the matter...that's all I'm saying...What would it matter what I thought, if
my son came home and had joined the military? What could I do? Cry? Call the
President?

> > Last I checked 18 year old men and women were
> > grown adults and could make up their own minds.
>
> Legally they aren't adult enough to buy a drink... let's not be so willing
> to push our youth into a shooting war.

They can sign the paper. We're not talking about drinking. We're talking
about enlisting in the military.

> This war in Iraq will not bring peace to the region and it will not stop
> terrorism. In fact, it could be reasonably argued that our invasion of
that
> country has now made the area less stable and the possibility of terrorism
> even higher.

> I am proud and have respect for anyone who serves in the military but I am
> not willing to send them to kill or die in a war that will have only
losers
> and will gain no one anything.

Your opinions on that matter are irrelevent to the conversation. If your
son, who was over 18 decided to join the military, you have no say so in the
matter. Feelings aside. Especially your feelings on world situations at the
time. Not trying to be a dick, just saying...

§¦«The Wraith»¦§

Jul 5, 2004, 8:56:59 PM7/5/04
In news:9HkGc.117948$2o2.6...@twister.southeast.rr.com,
Krusty <are-es-pee-do...@yahoo.com> typed:

It's irrelevant whether the opinion matters or not, it's the opinion in
itself that matters, according to the discussion as it began. Nuff said

Heelgod

Jul 6, 2004, 12:15:30 PM7/6/04

§¦«The Wraith»¦§ <Nightm...@net0.net> wrote in message

> In news:%EgGc.125201$tH1.4...@twister.southeast.rr.com,
> Krusty <are-es-pee-do...@yahoo.com> typed:

<snip all dat>

Is it possible you two could just start over and try again so as to not
confuse yourselves and each other?

-Heelgod

§¦«The Wraith»¦§

Jul 6, 2004, 12:40:59 PM7/6/04