Clues to the mystery of "Cloverfield" (Major spoilers)

The Citizen

Jan 21, 2008, 1:02:37 PM1/21/08
Someone posted this on the "Cloverfield" message board at imdb.com. I
didn't write any of it. All credit goes to Eyeguy759. (Whoever he or
she may be)

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1060277/board/thread/95403747

Here are all the clues and viral marketing/backstory in one post
by Eyeguy759 10 hours ago (Sun Jan 20 2008 23:50:10)

UPDATED Mon Jan 21 2008 03:08:25

OK, it took me a while to do this, but this is all the stuff for the
viral marketing/backstory into one post. There are sites that you can
go to for more information, but for the people who don't feel like
looking through everything, here it is. There a few other minor things
that I've left out. There's a lot of info, so I hope I organized it
okay. Also, for the stuff that's not proven (maybe heavily implied,
but not proven), I've marked as Theory. Feel free to add to this. All
credit goes to the sites sourced at the bottom, where you can find a
little more information, and also to the people who helped translate
and transcript everything for that site. Hope this helps, and try to
keep this bumped, please.

UPDATE: I've put in another theory or two that were mentioned, and a
little more about the FDA approval of Slusho.

From JJ Abrams (the producer): The monster has been sleeping beneath
the ocean for 1000s of years.

Tagruato is a corporation that owns many different things.

Slusho is a sister corporation for Tagruato.

Slusho is a drink that is sweeping the Asian nation.

Tidowave is sort of environmental group that is against Tagruato,
saying that Tagruato pollutes oceans, etc.

Tagruato has at least one deep sea drilling station.

Slusho uses Tagruato to deep sea drill for their secret ingredient
(that they dub “Seabed's Nectar”) to their drink

Tidowave warns on their website that Slusho is not FDA approved, and
not to drink it.

Theory: The secret ingredient is presumably from the monster

Tagruato’s drilling station (named Chuai) is destroyed. You can see a
news clip here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=NfTWm1nCgLc. Note: I
shouldn't have to put this, but for any idiots out there, this news
clip is obviously made for the viral marketing, and is not actually a
news clip.

Tagruato blames Tidowave for the attack, Tidowave denies the attack.

Theory: Tidowave attacked attacked the drilling station, which woke
the monster up, and the monster then destroyed the station. OR the
drilling woke up the monster, and the monster destroyed the station.

Tidowave speaks of staging an "event" on their website.

Theory: This could be the destruction of the "oil drilling rig".

Slusho and "Seabed's Nectar" is approved by the FDA.

Tagruato owns a subsidiary called Bold Futura. They launched a
satellite (called the Hatsui satellite) that collects data and takes
pictures of the ocean (or the ocean bed).

Theory: The satellite located the monster from which they gained the
nectar for Slusho.

The Tagruato website had this posted: “In their latest gesture to
reach out to fellow man, Tagruato used the Hatsui satellite to try to
identify a rogue piece that is thought to have fallen off of the
Japanese Government’s “ChimpanzIII” satellite. Although Hatsui’s work
has not yet been able to confirm the identity of the fallen piece,
Tagruato scientists and engineers are busily trying to track and
recover the fragment. According to Hatsui data, it disappeared into
the Atlantic Ocean late last week.”

Theory: This is what is seen in the ending seen from Rob's camera.

Alternate Theory to drilling/destruction of drilling station woke up
monster: The crash from the satellite awoke the monster.

A memo containing financial data for the drilling station was sent as
an e-mail for people who ordered Slusho products, with the words
"Americans, No oil here! They must have known before they built- The
Whistleblower” written at the top.

(This backs up the theory that the drilling is just a front to get
nectar from the monster)

JAMIE & TEDDY STUFF- This is another tie-in to the movie. Site:
www.jamieandteddy.com (password: jllovesth). The site contains webvids
from Jamie to her boyfriend Teddy. The following recaps all of the
webvids.

Jamie and Teddy know Jason, Lily, and Marlena.

Jamie and Teddy are dating

Teddy goes off to do something far away. We aren’t told what

Jamie makes webvids for Teddy to watch while he's away.

Teddy sends Jamie a gift, but tells her not to open it until December.

We learn that Teddy has not called Jamie, and is usually pretty good
about calling her.

December rolls around, and Jamie opens the gift. She receives a Slusho
hat, what seems to be a sample of "Seabed's Nectar", and a message
from Teddy:

The message reads: “Jamie, listen to me, alright this is not a joke.
If you're hearing this before we've spoken, then it means that I've
been captured by the company called Tagruato. Ok, TAG-RU-ATO. Now
listen. You, this is important. Don't call the authorities. It'll
screw everything up. Just sit tight and wait to hear from Randy. He
knows to call you. We're on their station ok, and it's like they've
found something, or they're making something, but the point is, I
can't, I'm not going to be calling you again. You're not gonna hear
from me again. I just want you to wait for Randy… he will explain”

Theory: This implies that Teddy is working for Tidowave.

Theory: Teddy is on the oil rigging station undercover, but has been
found out by Tagruato.

Jamie decides to call Teddy's bluff and calls Tagruato, which denies
Teddy's affiliation, saying they've never heard of him. Jamie
immediately gets a call from an unknown number speaking a foreign
language, who she hangs up on because she can’t understand them.

Jamie now thinks Teddy is cheating on her for not returning her calls.
Jamie is angry.

Jamie eats "Seabed's Nectar".

Jamie says that the stuff makes her "see everything a lot clearer
now".

Jamie cuts the head off a teddy bear to show she is angry at Teddy.

Transcript from Jamie's last video: "Love you haha, I am finally over
you and you know what, I feel like a whole new woman and it’s like
it’s gonna be the first night of the rest of my life and and Lily is
putting this thing together, and I’m gonna go to it and I don’t know
why I just soo like I’m like uh the happiest the happiest I’ve ever
been in my whole life and I don’t know I have like MASSIVE amounts of
energy I’m gonna have MASSIVE amounts of sex with Schneider and it’s
just gonna be great and I just think you should say goodbye to these
breast (kisses breasts) cause you’re never gonna see them again and
look here (slaps butt) I think you’re pathetic."

Note: Jamie can be seen at Rob’s party passed out on a couch.

End of Jamie’s webvids.

Alternate Theory to Seabed's Nectar comes from the monster: Seabed's
Nectar is what made and\or transformed the monster. This could be
evidenced by the fact that Jamie has gone crazy and feels powerful,
etc.

Tagruato puts out a memo that reads:

"{TO:} Level 1 Temporary Provision Staff Member
{FROM:} Judgement Council
{SUBJECT: Trusting Those Out of Our Sight}
{DATE:}11/24/2007

Effective Immediately!

Over the next few days, because of the incident that took place,
starting now all letters to the outside will first
pass through our communication center, or they will not go out. Level
1 Personnel? They will remain where they are,
making certain to read the message from start to finish. (How will
they know it is authentic, this message that is
dispatched everywhere? When it is inscribed by the ?.)

In addition, working hard/employment rusted overtime? As for the
employees, they will be made to wait in their
appointed lodging facility until told otherwise.

If one witnesses an act of misconduct, and neglects to report it to
the Council, Chuai’s department bureau will enforce
principles and regard it as a violation. There will be no exceptions."

The back reads" Americans,

The Chuai station hides a dark secret. Good people are going missing.
Expect further communication in the near future. - the Whistle Blower"

Theory: The incident is the discovery of Teddy as a double agent for
Tidowave.
Theory: Teddy is "The Whistleblower" mentioned earlier

END OF JAMIE/TEDDY STUFF

A comment on the Slusho website says simply "BLOOP!". This is possibly
a reference to the "BLOOP!" incident of 1997 in which the US detected
an ultra-low frequency in the ocean. According to the NOAA (National
Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) description, it "rises rapidly
in frequency over about one minute and was of sufficient amplitude to
be heard on multiple sensors, at a range of over 5,000 km." Though it
matches the audio profile of a living creature, there is no known
animal that could have produced the sound. If it is an animal, it
would have to be, reportedly, much larger than even a Blue Whale,
according to scientists who have studied the phenomenon.

Slusho T-Shirts were shipped with half a page of a Japanese newspaper
that could be about Hideki Matsui who plays for the Yankeess and is
nicknamed "Godzilla".

Rob is in charge of duplicating Slusho’s success in the States.

Sources:
www.Cloverfieldnews.com
www.Cloverfieldclues.com
www.wikipedia.org (for the “BLOOP!” incident)

--
The Citizen
"And how can we win when fools can be kings?"

Danger Ranger

Jan 21, 2008, 5:06:51 PM1/21/08
Cloverfield was shitty in the way Blair Witch was crap. Anybody who bought
into it is a sucker.

"The Citizen" <citi...@nospam.ca> wrote in message

> from me again. I just want you to wait for Randy. he will explain"

The Citizen

Jan 21, 2008, 6:41:48 PM1/21/08
On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:06:51 -0500, "Danger Ranger"
<ajoa...@fjsdijoisjdf.com> wrote:

>Cloverfield was shitty in the way Blair Witch was crap. Anybody who bought
>into it is a sucker.

Yo dawg, it was a fun movie. Why do ya gotta hate, playa?

(No, seriously...what was so "shitty" about it?)