[INFO] Hotline News (Jan 23)

ol...@magi.com

Jan 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/23/96
DISCLAIMER: The following "rumours" were all obtained from a local
pro-wrestling hotline called "The Wrestling Wrap", hosted
by Cody Boynes. His disclaimer states that most of the
information is obtained from the Observer and the Torch.

[WWF]

- Shawn Michaels won the Royal Rumble for the second year in a row.

- Goldust beat Razor Ramon for the Intercontinental title at the Rumble.
His valet Marlena is really his wife a.k.a. Alexandra York.

- The January 8th edition of RAW edged out Nitro 3.0 to 2.9.

- The February 18th In Your House PPV looks like this:
- Diesel vs. Bret Hart in a cage
- Razor Ramon vs. Goldust
- The Bodydonnas vs. The Smoking Gunns
- Shawn Michaels vs. Owen Hart
- Yokozuna vs. The Undertaker in a casket match

- The Roadie (Brian Armstrong) could be back with the WWF.

- Shawn Michaels received a 2.5 million dollar inheritence from a fan
he never knew.

[WCW]

- Randy Savage regained the WCW World title from Ric Flair. [This item
was 7th on Cody's rundown! Thanks for the memories Ric...]

- Sting and Lex Luger beat Harlem Heat for the WCW World tag team title.
[And this item was 8th! Don't belts mean anything anymore?]

- WCW made a small profit in 1995, its first in 7 years.

- Hogan has launced a lawsuit for extortion against a former associate
who has accused him of criminal sexual misconduct.

- The much delayed Hulk Hogan/Randy Savage break-up could take place
at this week's Clash of Champions.

- Dan Severn has had talks with WCW.

- Possibly headed to WCW are Jacques Rougeau and Jean-Pierre Laffite.

- Miss Elizabeth and The Road Warriors will be making their return to WCW.

- The February 11th WCW PPV has the following line-up thus far:
- Harlem Heat vs. Sting/Lex Luger
- Diamond Dallas Page vs. Johnny B. Badd
- The Nasty Boys vs. The Public Enemy in a street fight

[Misc]

- PG-13 are once again the USWA tag team champs.

- Tommy Rich defeated Jerry Lawler for the USWA title.

- 2 Cold Scorpio recaptured the ECW TV title from Mikey Whipwreck.

- The ABC "news" show 20/20 will air a piece on the Ultimate Fighting
Championship sometime in February. [Anyone remember the piece on
steroids they were supposed to air four years ago that ended up being
postponed week after week?]

Oliver
"They may say, "Those were the days..," but in a way, you know
for us these are the days." - Jane's Addiction
ol...@magi.com -- http://infoweb.magi.com/~ollie -- wrestling, comix, music

Michael John Falkner

Jan 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/24/96
ol...@magi.com wrote:

: - WCW made a small profit in 1995, its first in 7 years.

And you can bet the farm now that Hogan will be the fed's trademark for some
time to come, if this is true.

Face it, Hogan don't care what you think, the bottom line is right here.

(And I do not say this as a fan of Hogan's or of his treatment in WCW, just
as a matter of the fact of the business...)

: - The much delayed Hulk Hogan/Randy Savage break-up could take place

: at this week's Clash of Champions.

Let's hope they do it right -- turn Hogan heel.

: - The February 11th WCW PPV has the following line-up thus far:

: - Harlem Heat vs. Sting/Lex Luger
: - Diamond Dallas Page vs. Johnny B. Badd
: - The Nasty Boys vs. The Public Enemy in a street fight

YOWCH!

Mike Falkner, mfal...@csd.uwm.edu Milwaukee, Wisconsin
"The Electric Youth Renegade" D.G.I.F. #10769
WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~mfalkner No quotes. (No room!! =))

James Dinan

Jan 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/25/96
ol...@magi.com wrote:
: DISCLAIMER: The following "rumours" were all obtained from a local

: pro-wrestling hotline called "The Wrestling Wrap", hosted
: by Cody Boynes. His disclaimer states that most of the
: information is obtained from the Observer and the Torch.

: [WWF]

: - The February 18th In Your House PPV looks like this:

: - Yokozuna vs. The Undertaker in a casket match

Not again!! Will someone PLEASE put an end to these casket
matches once for all.

: - The Roadie (Brian Armstrong) could be back with the WWF.

Good move by the WWF if he comes back. From what I've heard, his
wrestling skills, interviews, and personality have improved immensely in
the USWA.
If Armstrong comes back, are they going to revert back to the
post-IYH feud with Jeff Jarrett? Or is Vince going to pretend that it
never existed and have him back as JJ's cornerman?

: [WCW]

: - Randy Savage regained the WCW World title from Ric Flair. [This item
: was 7th on Cody's rundown! Thanks for the memories Ric...]

: - Sting and Lex Luger beat Harlem Heat for the WCW World tag team title.
: [And this item was 8th! Don't belts mean anything anymore?]

Actually, WCW doesn't mean much anymore, with Bischoff, Okerlund,
and Bollea calling the shots.

: - WCW made a small profit in 1995, its first in 7 years.

Even with all the papered seats? :)

: - The much delayed Hulk Hogan/Randy Savage break-up could take place
: at this week's Clash of Champions.

I have an idea. Why not Savage accuse Hogan of having a lust for
Elizabeth? This would be a great concept for WCW ;)

: - Possibly headed to WCW are Jacques Rougeau and Jean-Pierre Laffite.

The return of the Quebecers? Bring in the Bushwackers! Bring in
Power and Glory! The late 80's-early 90's WWF live on in WCW!

: [Misc]

: - PG-13 are once again the USWA tag team champs.

What is it now, the hundredth time?

--
James J. Dinan
(di...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu)

"OH MY GOD, we're in New York City!"
- Joey Styles

"My, your sneakers are clean."
- Jennifer Wood

Jason Foote

Jan 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/25/96
di...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu (James Dinan) wrote:

>: - Possibly headed to WCW are Jacques Rougeau and Jean-Pierre Laffite.

> The return of the Quebecers? Bring in the Bushwackers! Bring in
>Power and Glory! The late 80's-early 90's WWF live on in WCW!

>--
>James J. Dinan
>(di...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu)

> "OH MY GOD, we're in New York City!"
> - Joey Styles

> "My, your sneakers are clean."
> - Jennifer Wood

At last, the great Jacques Rougeau returns. His quest for gold begins
anew. Soon Canadians will hold both the major North American Heavy
weight titles.

Prepare to be taught lazy Americans. Your Real American Hulk Hogan
shall be forced to eat even more vitamins to mend his broken bones and
prayers will be all that remains of "Hulkamania".

LONG LIVE JACQUES, VIVE LE MOUNTIE

Finally a true horseman arrives to kick Flair's walker, crack Savage
over the head with his own cane, exercise some real enforcement on the
Enforcer AA, and finally end the career of that laborer "Rustysaw" Jim
Duggan (if you can really call it a career, more like weekly torture
for loyal viewers)

Soon we shall see the real reason all these alleged Superstars left
the Whiff. They could no longer avoid Jean-Pierre. Sensing the
impending agony of the unavoidable beating they would soon recieve at
his hands, they did what you would expect and hid.

But the Mounties always get their man. They have tracked them to their
lair and now Justice will be served.

For crimes against the fans of true wrestling , Eric Bishof & Hulk
Hogan stand acused and convicted.

For screwing with fellow Canadian Chris Benoit, all the executive of
WCW shall pay.

I can barely contain myself.....Heat up the cattle prod.

dave

Jan 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/25/96
> - Goldust beat Razor Ramon for the Intercontinental title at the Rumble.
> His valet Marlena is really his wife a.k.a. Alexandra York.

I'll still never understand how wrestlers get girls. Take a look at Woman. She
married a crazy, muscular, fat guy. Alexandra marries a tall, goofy, skinny ass
Rhodes, Tammy is dating a short, fat, whiner and Beulah got pregant by a pretty
boy. I guess I'll never get the chicks.

Larry Sternshein
Franchise of RSPW

Evan Schlesinger

Jan 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/27/96
In article <4e705s$a...@cronkite.seas.gwu.edu>,

James Dinan <di...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu> wrote:
>ol...@magi.com wrote:
>: DISCLAIMER: The following "rumours" were all obtained from a local
>: pro-wrestling hotline called "The Wrestling Wrap", hosted
>: by Cody Boynes. His disclaimer states that most of the
>: information is obtained from the Observer and the Torch.
>

>: [WWF]
>
>: - The February 18th In Your House PPV looks like this:
>
>: - Yokozuna vs. The Undertaker in a casket match
>
> Not again!! Will someone PLEASE put an end to these casket
>matches once for all.

Y'know, instead of these god-awful casket matches, maybe they could have
"Death matches"? Y'know, the old no DQ, no COR rules? It'd allow undertaker to
brawl some more (only thing he can do) and the matches might be better.
It's still a pinfall, but at least the name is cute, and the work would in all
likelihood improve.

EVAN
NO TAGLINES NECESSARY

Le Metropolitain

Jan 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/28/96
>>: - The February 18th In Your House PPV looks like this:
>>
>>: - Yokozuna vs. The Undertaker in a casket match

By the time the February PPV will have rolled around won't Yoko have turned
face? Although we've seen a few face/face matches lately, I can't see one as
a casket match.

Francesca

Mike Javornik

Jan 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/29/96
While masturbating, esc...@merle.acns.nwu.edu (Evan Schlesinger) wrote:
;-)

>Y'know, instead of these god-awful casket matches, maybe they could have
>"Death matches"? Y'know, the old no DQ, no COR rules? It'd allow undertaker to
>brawl some more (only thing he can do) and the matches might be better.
>It's still a pinfall, but at least the name is cute, and the work would in all
>likelihood improve.
>
>EVAN
>NO TAGLINES NECESSARY

Well, Evan, they tried that once. It was SummerSlam '93: A R.I.P. match between The Undertaker and Giant Gonzalez. They could've c=
alled the match a "Winner gets fucked up the ass match" and it still would've been terrible.

Mike "Back Spasm" Javornik

the...@bitstream.net

Jan 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/29/96
Mike Javornik <mjav...@facl.lan.mcgill.ca> wrote:

>Mike "Back Spasm" Javornik

You know, Mike, this is kinda off the subject, but you just might HAVE
something there. I mean, we've seen the snake, Funk's stamp-pad
brand, Ed Leslie's scissors, and a whole litany of embarrassments
meted out by foreign wrestlers. Why NOT anal intercourse?
I mean, sure, Goldust would be an easy choice for the new
gimmick, but there's a lot to be said for Henry O. "Squeal like a pig"
Godwinn. Beats the hell out of slop, no? Of course, I'm still split
on whether I'd like to hear a face reaction ("Now, HERE'S what the
fans wanted to see!") or a heel reaction ("Aw, c'mon, ref! There's no
place for this in wrestling! I hope Roddy Piper is somewhere
watching!") from McMahon when the first retrocopulating wrestler pulls
out his jimmy and, er, "initiates" the poor jobber.
Or hey, maybe WCW will scoop the WWF and get a butt-packing
grappler before Titan. Seriously, I once remember Hogan referring to
Beefcake as his "Bionic Butt Brother" on a WWF Supertars program. Ah,
to have had my VCR running. Anyway, Hogan would be the best choice,
as he would only be doing to his victims what he's been doing to the
fans all along. And besides, it would actually do justice to the name
of the upcoming "WCW Uncensored" PPV.
On second though, lets leave anal intercourse to the experts at
Titan Sports. You think Pat Patterson might ask for his job back? ;)

Mr. Toast

Jan 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/30/96

Hey y'all...

I'm kind of new to this news group, but let me introduce myself.
I'm Bam-Bam (think Pebbles and Barney, NOT Bigelow)... I'm a huge fan,
and I do a weekly wrestling show on my college radio station, WMCC.

Although I'm not too sure what "job" and "mark" means, I'm getting
the hang of it.. don't consider me a lamer, but I just watch the
wrestling, I don't really read that heavily into it.

So, a couple of things I've noticed -

Hogan - he used to be pretty cool... like in 1986. Goddamn, when I
was little, I used to be impressed easily. The act gets tiresome after
all these years.

Vader - Does all this guy know how to do is scream "IT'S VADER
TIME"?

Golddust - Is this you saying "Fuck my father's legacy" or "Don't
ask, don't tell"?

Elizabeth - Ahhh, I see the doctor was a little generous with the
implants, no?

Nature Boy - Whoooooooooooo! He's the man.

Michaels - 10 marines? Yeah, I bet they made you their boy toy.

Diesel - The only decent wrestler in WWF, besides Hart and
Michaels.

Whattya think so far?

Erwin D. Tonogbanua

Jan 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/30/96
Mr. Toast (zeny...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

: Hogan - he used to be pretty cool... like in 1986. Goddamn, when I

: was little, I used to be impressed easily. The act gets tiresome after
: all these years.

Amen
: Vader - Does all this guy know how to do is scream "IT'S VADER
: TIME"?

Well, he also does moonsaults, and is the king of all monster heels.
Trust me, screaming isn't what he does best in the ring.

: Golddust - Is this you saying "Fuck my father's legacy" or "Don't

: ask, don't tell"?

Ha! Oh well, Dustin sold his soul for the IC title.

: Nature Boy - Whoooooooooooo! He's the man.

Nuff said...

: Michaels - 10 marines? Yeah, I bet they made you their boy toy.

I'd se the humor in this, but there's nothing funny about being beat up
by 10 Marines....

: Diesel - The only decent wrestler in WWF, besides
Hart and : Michaels.

Well, other than Michaels and Hart, I'd put Vader, Austin, Owen Hart,
Razor, Waltman and Helmsley before Diesel in the "decent wrestlier in the
WWF" list.

- Erwin