(FAQ) A New & Improved Guide to Intelligent Posting and Netiqette on RSPW

Chad Bryant

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
I was digging around DejaNews today, and found this gem. To the best of
my knowledge, it hasn't been posted on a regular basis since late 1996.
With all due respect to Mr. Keith & Mr. Soria, I have updated it to
better reflect RSPW. This will be posted every other Monday, starting
February 1st.

--
A New & Improved Guide to Intelligent Posting and Netiqette on RSPW
Edited by Chad Bryant

Previous versions written & edited by Scott Keith & Jeremy Soria

Table of Contents

Section 1: What To Post

1) This is a wrestling newsgroup.
2) Don't post binaries.
3) Don't ask for results.
4) No ads, please.
5) Use RSPW.fantasy for e-feds.
6) We *know* RSPW sucks right now...

Section 2: How To Post

1) Use headers in your subject.
2) Be precise in your subject line.
3) Edit out unneeded lines in a follow-up...
4) ...but don't edit out the entire post, either.
5) DON'T POST IN ALL CAPS!
6) Don't respond to your own posts.
7) Be nice.
8) Use correct spelling and grammar.
9) Don't snigger at other people's language.
10) Hit return at the end of the line.
11) Watch the spoilers.
12) Don't start a million new threads.

Section 3: Miscellaneous Stuff

1) Ignore the trolls.
2) Use real names sparingly.
3) Use e-mail if possible.
4) Give your sources when posting information.
5) Don't harass informational posters
6) Don't call people lemmings & sheep..
7) Free speech doesn't apply here.

Section 1: What to Post.

1. This is a wrestling newsgroup.

First and foremost, we are here to talk about wrestling. So please,
please, please try to talk only about wrestling. The whole format of
USEnet is set up so that just about every topic you can think of has
it's own separate newsgroup, with hundreds of thousands of people just
waiting to discuss it with you. For the most part, the people who
inhabit RSPW would like to discuss wrestling. You'd think something like
this would be self-evident, but apparently not. Life here on the
newsgroup would be a lot more bearable if this were followed more often
than it is.

And before you ask a question to the group, be sure to read the RSPW FAQ
& Resource Guide, currently archived at
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/4693/faq.html.

2. Don't post binaries.

Binaries are program files or picture files or sound files, or a
combination of all the above, like .avi files. It's a very bad thing to
post to RSPW. (Don't put them in your sig file either, as some WebTV'ers
are inclined to do.) Don't ask for them either, since that just
encourages people. Here's a quick rundown of why they're so nasty:

- News servers only have a limited amount of space per group, and
binaries tend to be pretty damn big. That one fake picture of Sunny
naked means I don't get 30 or 40 posts which I might like to read for
whatever reason. (Fake nudes of women in wrestling aren't such a big
problem anymore, but it serves as a good example.)

- Quite a lot of newsreaders can't properly decipher a binary file, and
it results in crashing some poor guy's computer. (Yes, some people still
use UNIX.)

- Quite a lot more newsreaders download every message from RSPW in their
entirety before any are read. The usual size of a picture file, coded
for downloading, is about 1 megabyte, which takes a normal 14.4 modem a
little over 10 minutes to download. If you're lucky. That's a lot of
money for those who have to pay by the minute for access to the 'net
(and some people still do).

In short, just don't post binaries. The proper way to go about it is:

- Post it to alt.binaries.pro-wrestling
- Post a message to RSPW saying that you've posted it there.

Or:

- Get a damned web site and put it up there (very easy to do in this
age of free web space).
- Post a message to RSPW saying that it's there.

Either way is infinitely preferable to posting the file directly to RSPW
and will save you being yelled at later.

3. Don't ask for results.

Don't ask for results, or just about anything else for that matter.
There's no nice way to say this, but many people on RSPW have no life
(especially people who post FAQ's) and will post ANY happening related
to wrestling seconds after it happens. You can be assured that the
results of the latest WWF, WCW, or ECW PPV will be there ten seconds
after the final bell. If you don't get them right away then you have a
slow newsreader and no amount of whiny posts begging for results right
now will help you. Just be patient.

4. No ads, please.

Don't advertise on RSPW. This includes newsletters, wrestling tapes,
wrestling figures, etc. Everyone is just sick of it, really. Newsletters
especially. Selling wrestling tapes is illegal, as Joe Pedicino was nice
enough to point out on many occasions. And wrestling figures should be
sold on one of the numerous *.marketplace groups on the 'net.

As a side note, putting an advertisement for your newsletter in your
.signature file is perfectly acceptable, but a whole message detailing
your wonderful new sheet is pushing your luck.

5. Use RSPW.fantasy for e-feds.

There is a separate group for e-wrestling called
rec.sport.pro-wrestling.fantasy, which is exclusively for e-feds. It was
created specifically to get it off RSPW, which for the most part is has
succeeded in doing. Those who are new might not know it exists, so
consider yourself warned now.

6. We know RSPW sucks right now...

Don't post whiny messages saying how much RSPW sucks and how you're
leaving, because:

a) We know RSPW sucks right now;
b) Rest assured no one cares you're leaving.

Plain and simple, if you're leaving, keep it to yourself.

Section 2: How To Post.

1. Use headers in your subject line.

We have a system of headers universally agreed on here on RSPW, and
everyone's life would be easier if you'd use them. Here's a quick
rundown:

(WWF) WWF related posts
(WCW) WCW related posts
(ECW) ECW related posts
(INFO) Posts containing some kind of wrestling info
(RESULTS) Posts containing PPV or TV results
(SPOILER) "Spoiler" posts (explained below)
(META) Questions or comments concerning RSPW itself

2. Be precise with your subject line.

Try to be a little precise in your subject. For instance, "READ THIS!!!"
which is seen every day, tells us nothing. There are at least 500
headers to wade through every day if I want to find something worthwhile
in this group, and no one is going to read every post that yells "READ
THIS". If it's about Chris Benoit, then say "[WCW] Chris Benoit should
be World Champion" which not only uses the header but says what your
post is about. If it's a good post with a subject people are interested
in, then we'll read it. If you just want people to read your posts for
the thrill of having someone read your posts, then you need a life and
you are part of the problem.

3. Edit out unneeded lines in a followup...

When you're quoting someone's message, use the editing feature of your
newsreader. Try to trim out everything from the quoted message that
doesn't relate to your point. It looks much better and is easier to
read. AND NEVER, EVER QUOTE AN ENTIRE 100 LINE MESSAGE AND ADD A
ONE-LINE RESPONSE. That is counted as being perhaps the most obnoxious
thing a poster can do and is immensely frustrating for the reader. If
you don't know how to edit with your newsreader, then get a better one
or read the f***ng manual.

4. ...but don't edit out the entire post, either.

While one may not need to see the entire quoted text of the message you
are referring to, some kind of context would be useful. Don't just snip
out the entirety of the last post and hope everyone will remember what
the previous poster was talking about, because we won't. Leave some kind
of connection to the post you are answering so we can at least follow
the conversation properly.

5. DON'T POST IN ALL CAPS!

Don't post in all caps. This is akin to screaming at your reader and
it's hideous to read. This should be common sense by now but it still
persists, unfortunately. It is a common law over all of USEnet, and if
you do it in any group you are an idiot and will be told so.

6. Don't respond to your own posts.

Unless it's a rare exception (and "rare" is really stressed here), it
looks very stupid to respond to you own posts. Don't even do it under
another ID (as some AOL trolls have been known to do), because it
becomes painfully obvious to everyone who you are.

7. Be nice.

Above all, try to be nice to each other. The idiot you're flaming
blindly today might become a respected poster on the group someday who
you might need to stick up for you later. If you feel the need to
disagree, by all means do so, but be civilized about it. Part of the
damage done to the group is the total anarchy involved in the pointless
flamewars that erupt all the time. An argument can be well stated and
rational and still passionate.

8. Use correct spelling and grammar.

Please try to correct your spelling and grammar before you send your
post out to the entire world. Really, you wouldn't believe how little
respect your opinions will garner if your post looks like it was written
by your dog.

For instance, when posting something 30 lines or more, please put
paragraph breaks in there somewhere. It's just too overwhelming to sift
through a non-stop barrage of words without some white space to stop and
take a mental breath.

9. Don't snigger at other people's language.

This is a wrestling newsgroup, not an English lecture. If you have a
problem with someone's spelling of a certain word or use of a certain
word in the wrong context, then by all means point it out, AS PART OF A
MESSAGE RELATED TO WRESTLING. This is pretty important. While it's fine
to correct someone's spelling in passing, don't followup a post just to
mention that the previous poster used "it's" instead of "its." That's
called being snooty and pretentious, and it tends to make you pretty
unpopular. Especially if your followup contains as many egregious errors
as the post you're critiquing.

10. Hit return at the end of a line.

When you post, make sure your newsreader is set to 75 columns or less.
If you're one of those unfortunate souls who use DejaNews or an equally
useless reader, then have the decency hit return at the end of each line
as though you were typing on a manual typewriter. Small point, but your
posts will look like garbage if you don't pay attention to little things
like that.

If you don't know how to change that sort of stuff on your newsreader,
then get a better newsreader or learn to do it. It'll serve you well
later in life.

Lesson being, to keep your stuff looking professional, stop at the 75th
column.

11. Watch the spoilers.

A lot of us on RSPW don't like having everything revealed a week in
advance, as in the case of WWF RAW tapings, so for the sake of
everyone's sanity, put (SPOILER) in the subject. And don't put the big
surprise result in the header. This completely defeats the purpose of
putting (SPOILER) in the subject.

12. Don't start a million new threads.

A thread is a post followed by <x> number of replies. Many newsreaders
are threaded, which means they sort the messages presented according to
follow-ups. It is INFINITELY easier to read and keep track of things if
there is one thread saying "Joe Wrestler going from WCW to WWF" which
covers everyone's thoughts on the subject. Please, find someone else's
post on the subject you want and follow it up BEFORE you decide you want
to post a new message.

This is not to say that starting new threads is bad. Just check and see
if someone else has already started a thread on the same subject, or
even said the same things you were going to say.

Section 3: Miscellaneous Stuff.

1. Ignore the trolls.

People who post 16 messages to a group about wrestling saying how much
wrestling sucks are called trolls, and they are truly the scum of
USEnet. These people are more than likely sitting at their computer at 3
AM masturbating to the hateful follow-ups and replies their garbage
posts get, and they are not even worth the trouble of hitting the
"reply" button. So don't followup their message with a death threat or
e-mail a nasty reply, just ignore them. Or send a copy of their message
"ab...@their.domain.name" (i.e. ab...@aol.net, ab...@webtv.net. etc.)
and they will do something about it if they are willing and/or able.

This point can not be emphasized enough. RSPW has survived Steve DiSalvo
jokes, the Doink cult, Phil Stromer, the Infamous Hugo Brothers, Evan
Schlesinger (in his worse days) Zoogz Rift, Sabu424/Krynoid, Alex "Ace"
Cain, to name a few, and all of them either went away or went on to
become productive members of the group. Just wait them out and
eventually they'll get bored and find someone else to bug.

Posting a rant that condemns the evil poster (in 300 lines or more)
solves nothing and only encourages them further.

2. Use e-mail if possible.

The best way to keep the noise off the group is to e-mail your opinion
to the author instead of sending it to the group. We know you think
we're all just waiting in breathless suspense for your take on that last
post, but really we're not. If the response is addressed only to the
author, then e-mail it to him. If everyone did this, there would be 50%
less posts on RSPW. That's a *good* thing, by the way.

3. Don't use real names so much.

Learn the proper time and way to use wrestlers' real names. Ever since
RSPW became as big as it did, this big group of people has come to the
forefront, tossing real names around as if it made them cool. Reality
check: It doesn't. Most RSPW veterans could prattle off the birth name
of every wrestler in the Big Two if so inclined, but it's tiresome and
disrespectful to the wrestlers.

For the record, you should only use real names if you're talking about
the real person, rather than the character they play. The Undertaker
(not Mark Calloway) wrestles Mankind (not Mick Foley). Mick Foley is a
guy who plays a part and goes home to his wife and kids. The distinction
can be blurred sometimes (especially given today's style of booking),
but if in doubt use the character name.

4. Give your sources.

Please post your sources when adding a rumor or piece of information to
the group. P who say they get information from a "reliable source" sound
stupid. As an added bonus, there really are "reliable sources" and
actual wrestlers who are on RSPW, so they can quite easily take you to
task for your post. If you swiped it from a newsletter, have the guts to
say so.

FYI, it is common knowledge that employees from the WWF, WCW, ECW, and
countless smaller federations read (and sometimes even post) to RSPW. A
bogus rumor can be shot down in just a few keystrokes, so don't even
try.

5. Don't harrass informational posters.

With the explosion of web sites in the past few years, and the
proliferation of rec.sport.pro-wrestling.info, informational posting on
RSPW has decreased greatly. Nevertheless, don't knock those who continue
to post info to RSPW. FAQ's, hotline reports, house show results, etc.
are often fun to read, and should be treated as such.

6. Don't call people lemmings & sheep.

"Lemming" and "sheep" have become the most over-used and least powerful
insults on the newsgroup. They're old. Let them go.

7. Free speech doesn't apply here.

The United States Constitution (or the free speech laws of any other
country) mean nothing on Usenet, and if you act like an asshole
excessively, be assured that there are many people ready to jump on you
and get your account yanked. Internet service providers (at least those
that are worth a hill of beans) tend to frown on abusive behavior as
well. And if you post to RSPW from school or work, be advised that
complaints about your online conduct can cost you your status as a
student or employee.

The RSPW community may respect the idea behind free speech, but the law
does not apply here.

--
"The Shooter" Chad Bryant
Proud member of the JOB Squad

"American eyes, American eyes, view the world from American eyes
Bury the past, rob us blind...and leave nothing behind"
-Rage Against The Machine, "No Shelter"

Chad Bryant

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
to The Bogus Prophet
The Bogus Prophet wrote:

> Nice job, chad. Thanks for putting in the time and effort. You
> realize, however, that you better be wearing your asbestos underwear
> because the trolls will think that You've just declared war on
> them.

Brother, I'm ready for it. :) Thanks for the kind words.

BTW, the FAQ is now archived at
http://www.xmission.com/~cbryant/jobsquad/postingfaq.html

Chad Bryant

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
to RCG...@earthlink.net
Ryan Grant wrote:

> >This will be posted every other Monday, starting February 1st.
>

> Why?

Because most newsgroups have FAQ's that are posted every other week.
RSPW used to be that way, until about two years ago. It's time to bring
that back.

Becker

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99

> (META) Questions or comments concerning RSPW itself

Why's it "META"? I've never understood that.

Alex Cain

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
Chad Bryant wrote:

> Ryan Grant wrote:
>
> > >This will be posted every other Monday, starting February 1st.
> >
> > Why?
>
> Because most newsgroups have FAQ's that are posted every other week.
> RSPW used to be that way, until about two years ago. It's time to bring
> that back.

No offense, Chad, but a) Monday night posts will overshadow the FAQ due
to so many posts on Nitro and RAW, and b) wouldn't it be considered
spam?

Chad Bryant

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
to alex...@mindspring.com
Alex Cain wrote:

> > > Why?
> >
> > Because most newsgroups have FAQ's that are posted every other week.
> > RSPW used to be that way, until about two years ago. It's time to bring
> > that back.
>
> No offense, Chad, but a) Monday night posts will overshadow the FAQ due
> to so many posts on Nitro and RAW, and b) wouldn't it be considered
> spam?

a) Monday is my day off work, giving me ample time to post. Should I
make it Sunday?

b) Since when is a posting FAQ considered spam?

Chad Bryant

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
Becker wrote:

> > (META) Questions or comments concerning RSPW itself
>
> Why's it "META"? I've never understood that.

It's short for "meta-textual". In a nutshell, it's something that
doesn't address a topic at hand, but rather, the group itself.

The Bogus Prophet

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
Chad Bryant <cbr...@xmission.com> writes:
>I was digging around DejaNews today, and found this gem. To the best of
>my knowledge, it hasn't been posted on a regular basis since late 1996.
>With all due respect to Mr. Keith & Mr. Soria, I have updated it to
>better reflect RSPW. This will be posted every other Monday, starting
>February 1st.
>
>--
>A New & Improved Guide to Intelligent Posting and Netiqette on RSPW
>Edited by Chad Bryant
>Last updated: 23 January 1999
>
>Previous versions written & edited by Scott Keith & Jeremy Soria
[snipola]

Nice job, chad. Thanks for putting in the time and effort. You
realize, however, that you better be wearing your asbestos underwear
because the trolls will think that You've just declared war on
them.

Take care.

--

* Mike Palij * Bok...@netcom.com * Co-Mod Rec.Sport.Pro-Wrestling.Moderated *
* Coming Soon: RSPW CLASSIC - The Website of Bokonon The Bogus Prophet *

Ryan Grant

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
Last night I had the strangest dream--I sailed away to China, in a
little rowboat to find Chad Bryant <cbr...@xmission.com>....

>This will be posted every other Monday, starting February 1st.

Why?

Ryan Grant RCG...@earthlink.net Be a Wrestling Fan
http://home.earthlink.net/~rcgrant/

[RUDO]K. Canzanella

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
On Sat, 23 Jan 1999 17:00:16 -0700, Chad Bryant <cbr...@xmission.com>
wrote:

>This will be posted every other Monday, starting
>February 1st.

I hope you aren't serious.

a)The trolls wont listen.
b)The newbies wont listen.
c)You'll get killfiled by everyone.

RSPW is fine. You seem to be on a crusade of some sort, though I don't
see for what purpose.

Mr. K. Canzanella
RUDO for hire.
Founder of the Fit Finlay
"Punch the bloody american scum in the
nose" club.

The Bogus Prophet

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
Chad Bryant <cbr...@xmission.com> writes:

>The Bogus Prophet wrote:
>
>> Nice job, chad. Thanks for putting in the time and effort. You
>> realize, however, that you better be wearing your asbestos underwear
>> because the trolls will think that You've just declared war on
>> them.
>
>Brother, I'm ready for it. :) Thanks for the kind words.

You're welcome.

I'll see if I can fit it into my sig, if you don't mind.

>--
>"The Shooter" Chad Bryant
>Proud member of the JOB Squad
>cbr...@xmission.com
>http://www.xmission.com/~cbryant/
>
>"American eyes, American eyes, view the world from American eyes
>Bury the past, rob us blind...and leave nothing behind"
>-Rage Against The Machine, "No Shelter"

The Bogus Prophet

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
RCG...@earthlink.net writes:
>Last night I had the strangest dream--I sailed away to China, in a
>little rowboat to find Chad Bryant <cbr...@xmission.com>....
>
>>This will be posted every other Monday, starting February 1st.
>
>Why?

Because it's time for October?

The Bogus Prophet

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
kc...@DEPORTALLSPAMMERSOUTOFTHEusa.net ([RUDO]K. Canzanella) writes:

>Chad Bryant <cbr...@xmission.com> wrote:
>
>>This will be posted every other Monday, starting
>>February 1st.
>
>I hope you aren't serious.

I think he is.

>a)The trolls wont listen.

Maybe.

>b)The newbies wont listen.

They might.

>c)You'll get killfiled by everyone.

I don't think so.

>RSPW is fine. You seem to be on a crusade of some sort, though I don't
>see for what purpose.

Is there something in particular that you have a problem with in
the FAQ/Guidelines or is it the idea that rules for the newsgroup
will be posted? Note, that Chad was just following a precedent
that Scott Keith and Jeremyy Soria had previous established.

Tehawk

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
On Sat, 23 Jan 1999 18:17:58 -0700, the infamous Chad Bryant
<cbr...@xmission.com> mumbled incoherently:

>Ryan Grant wrote:
>
>> >This will be posted every other Monday, starting February 1st.
>>

>> Why?
>
>Because most newsgroups have FAQ's that are posted every other week.
>RSPW used to be that way, until about two years ago. It's time to bring
>that back.

I go to other newsgroups quite often and I've NEVER seen any that are
posted every two weeks as is proposed here.
Most just post a web link to where their FAQ is located, rather than
post it in the news group itself.

Tehawk ©1999
International Man Of Mystery
ICQ #4610826

Community Leader and Founder of Starbase 7
Located at The Globe

http://members.theglobe.com/tehawk/
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/4693/
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/lucas/209/index.html
http://members.xoom.com/Tehawk

Want a laugh? Check out these places:
http://www.theonion.com/
http://www.suck.com/
http://members.tripod.com/~NightHeart/main.html

Ryan Grant

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
Last night I had the strangest dream--I sailed away to China, in a
little rowboat to find Teh...@nettaxi.com (Tehawk)....

>On Sat, 23 Jan 1999 18:17:58 -0700, the infamous Chad Bryant
><cbr...@xmission.com> mumbled incoherently:

>>> Why?
>>
>>Because most newsgroups have FAQ's that are posted every other week.
>>RSPW used to be that way, until about two years ago. It's time to bring
>>that back.
>>
>I go to other newsgroups quite often and I've NEVER seen any that are
>posted every two weeks as is proposed here.
>Most just post a web link to where their FAQ is located, rather than
>post it in the news group itself.

The Soc.Sexuality.Spanking FAQ is posted one a week, IIRC. That's the
only exception I could offer.

Wu 9 Tang

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99

how about i post what i want, dumbass?

---
big sexy, the viking killer

falcons 30
vikings 27

Sugarman

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
Chad Bryant wrote:

> Alex Cain wrote:
>

> > to so many posts on Nitro and RAW, and b) wouldn't it be considered
> > spam?
>
> a) Monday is my day off work, giving me ample time to post. Should I
> make it Sunday?

Actually, make it Friday, because the actual on topic discussion has
usually died down by then, and the weekends tend to be off-topic.

> b) Since when is a posting FAQ considered spam?

Only here, dude.

--sugarman--

" He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not
become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also
gazes into you..."
Nietsche

Chad Bryant

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
to Sugarman
Sugarman wrote:

> > > to so many posts on Nitro and RAW, and b) wouldn't it be considered
> > > spam?
> >
> > a) Monday is my day off work, giving me ample time to post. Should I
> > make it Sunday?
>
> Actually, make it Friday, because the actual on topic discussion has
> usually died down by then, and the weekends tend to be off-topic.

Hmmm...that may not be a bad idea.

> > b) Since when is a posting FAQ considered spam?
>
> Only here, dude.

That's a sad fact.

The Bogus Prophet

Jan 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/25/99
In article <19990124171539...@ng136.aol.com> wu9...@aol.comFALCONSB (Wu 9 Tang) writes:

>>The RSPW community may respect the idea behind free speech, but the law
>>does not apply here.
>
>how about i post what i want, dumbass?

How about 20 or so people send a copy of your posting to ab...@aol.com, stating
that you are violating netiquette and publicly stated rules in the newsgroup and
that they should determine whether this is a violation of your TOS?

--

* Mike Palij * Bok...@netcom.com * Co-Mod Rec.Sport.Pro-Wrestling.Moderated *

* Coming Soon: RSPW CLASSIC - http://www.bogusprophet.com *

The Bogus Sting

Jan 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/25/99
The Bogus Prophet wrote:

> In article <19990124171539...@ng136.aol.com> wu9...@aol.comFALCONSB (Wu 9 Tang) writes:
> >>
> >>The RSPW community may respect the idea behind free speech, but the law
> >>does not apply here.
> >
> >how about i post what i want, dumbass?
>
> How about 20 or so people send a copy of your posting to ab...@aol.com, stating
> that you are violating netiquette and publicly stated rules in the newsgroup and
> that they should determine whether this is a violation of your TOS?

Palij must be bored...he's usurping authority again. *SIGH*

The Bogus Prophet

Jan 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/25/99
St...@erols.com writes:
>The Bogus Prophet wrote:

>> >how about i post what i want, dumbass?
>>
>> How about 20 or so people send a copy of your posting to ab...@aol.com, stating
>> that you are violating netiquette and publicly stated rules in the newsgroup and
>> that they should determine whether this is a violation of your TOS?
>
>Palij must be bored...he's usurping authority again. *SIGH*

Actually, just taking a break from working on my website and getting the
RSPW Classic section up. Right now there isn't much there, but I'm in
the process of converting my 100+ MB files of RSPW postings from 1993-1995
into hypertext. I'm aiming for an official openning on March 16, 1999,
the first 1st Anniversary of RSPW.Mod.

And Stinkypoo, don't forget to sign the guestbook! :-)

Wu 9 Tang

Jan 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/25/99

>>>The RSPW community may respect the idea behind free speech, but the law
>>>does not apply here.
>>
>>how about i post what i want, dumbass?
>
>How about 20 or so people send a copy of your posting to ab...@aol.com,
>stating
>that you are violating netiquette and publicly stated rules in the newsgroup
>and
>that they should determine whether this is a violation of your TOS?

bring it on you pussy ass bitch.

new accounts are easier than shit to get

JustaTroll

Jan 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/25/99
The Bogus Prophet wrote:

>In article <19990124171539...@ng136.aol.com>
wu9...@aol.comFALCONSB
>(Wu 9 Tang) writes:
>>>
>>>The RSPW community may respect the idea behind free speech, but the law
>>>does not apply here.
>>
>>how about i post what i want, dumbass?
>
>How about 20 or so people send a copy of your posting to ab...@aol.com,
>stating
>that you are violating netiquette and publicly stated rules in the newsgroup
>and
>that they should determine whether this is a violation of your TOS?

Not to be a smartass Mr. Palij, but isn't this how it works now? My
mistake, this is afterall AOL we are refering to isn't it? Home of
the 100 hour free trial, ISP of the *gasp* trolls...

One step at a time Mr. Palij, one step at a time. Good things can
happen for those that wait. This can be a very GOOD thing...

Later - JT
"Usenet's Quintessential Paradox of Posting Virtue..."
"Wise sayings often fall on barren ground; but a kind
word is never thrown away." - Sir Arthur Helps
Email: @aol.com for replies. - AIM: JustaTroll for IM.

Chad Bryant

Jan 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/25/99
to The Bogus Prophet
The Bogus Prophet wrote:

> >new accounts are easier than shit to get
>
> Heh, yeah, but getting new accounts takes time and that keep you out
> of here. So folks, we're putting a posse together and the address is
> ab...@aol.com!

Don't waste your time. ab...@aol.net gets better results.

The Bogus Prophet

Jan 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/26/99

>>>how about i post what i want, dumbass?
>>
>>How about 20 or so people send a copy of your posting to ab...@aol.com,
>>stating
>>that you are violating netiquette and publicly stated rules in the newsgroup
>>and
>>that they should determine whether this is a violation of your TOS?
>
>bring it on you pussy ass bitch.

Ouch! Such language! Does your momma know you have such a potty mouth?

>new accounts are easier than shit to get

Heh, yeah, but getting new accounts takes time and that keep you out
of here. So folks, we're putting a posse together and the address is
ab...@aol.com!

The Bogus Prophet

Jan 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/27/99
baloo_...@hotmail.com writes:
> [re: reporting net.vandals to their ISPs]
>How about not.

Party pooper.

>Netcops suck,

Really?

>trust me I used to act like one.

So much did you suck?

>The WHOLE reason RSPWM was created was to get away from
>the troll correct?

Brother, if you think that that was the only or even the
main reason, then you've got another thing coming.

>Well you got your wish.

But what about RSPW? WHAT ABOUT RSPW?

>Mike Kelle"SCUM"

Thank you for your time.