Poll:5 Faves in WCW and WWF

ScottieRM

Feb 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/25/99
I'm just wondering who the most popular wrestlers in the big two feds are with
the people of this newsgroup.
For me, it's:
WCW
1. Ric Flair
2. Roddy Piper
3. Raven
4. Kevin Nash
5. Scott Hall

WWF
1. Steve Austin
2. The Rock
3. Ken Shamrock
4. Paul Wight
5. HHH

Other opinions??

Neuriot

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99

ScottieRM wrote in message <19990225234414...@ng39.aol.com>...

>I'm just wondering who the most popular wrestlers in the big two feds are
with
>the people of this newsgroup.
>For me, it's:

>Other opinions??

WCW
1: Eddy
2: Benoit
3: Raven
4: Chris Jericho
5: Rey Misterio or Pyschosis

WWF
1: Mick Foley
2: HBK
3: Billy Gunn
4: Ken Shamrock

Neuriot

MSJanke

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
>From: scot...@aol.com (ScottieRM)

>I'm just wondering who the most popular wrestlers in the big two feds are
>with
>the people of this newsgroup.

WCW
1. Sting
2. Jericho
3. Luger
4. Misterio
5. Bret Hart

WWF:
1. Shamrock
2. Sean Michaels
3. Jim Ross
4. Headbangers
5. Austin

Michael Janke
(Remove ".no-spam" from email to contact me)
=====================================
Cindy Morgan NET: http://cindymorgan.cjb.net

Ms...@erols.com

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
To: rec-sport-pro-wr...@moderators.isc.org
From: "Mike Sweeney" <Ms...@erols.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.pro-wrestling.moderated
Subject: Re: Poll:5 Faves in WCW and WWF
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 02:31:27 -0500

ScottieRM wrote in message <19990225234414...@ng39.aol.com>...

>I'm just wondering who the most popular wrestlers in the big two feds are
with
>the people of this newsgroup.

WCW

1> BAM BAM Bigelow
2> Bret Heart
3> Perry Saturn
4> Scott Hall
5> Kevin Nash

WWF

1> Mick Foley
2> Al Snow
3> X-Pac
4> HHH
5> Blue Meanie

Fyodor Karamazov

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
WWF
1. The bizarrro-world HBK who is in perfect health
2. Mankind
3. The Rock
4. Steve Austin
5. Owen Hart

WCW
1. Bret Hart
1.5. Ric Flair
2. Rey Misterio, Jr.
3. Chris Benoit
4. Booker T
5. Disco Inferno

Fyodor

--
This post is dedicated to all the Brothers and Sisters who've had enough
of The Man.

JimNeibr

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
WCW

Bret Hart
Ric Flair
Chris Benoit
Dean Malenko
Eddy Guerrero

WWF

Shane McMahon
Gillberg
Brooklyn Brawler
Big Boss Man
Tom "Rocky" Stone

Jim

SiN

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99

>I'm just wondering who the most popular wrestlers in the big two feds are with
>the people of this newsgroup.
>For me, it's:

Well, at least among the more vocal people of the group, I'm pretty
sure you're going to get MANY Chris Benoits, but I'll dissent from
that.

WCW:
1. Raven
2. Chris Jericho
3. Bret Hart
4. Kanyon
5. Scott Hall

WWF:
1. The Undertaker
2. Al Snow
3. Edge
4. Gangrel
5. X-Pac

I've been an Undertaker mark since I first saw him (in WWF) - even
when he was hanging around Brother Love (shudder). I do have to say,
however, that I'm really disliking the Ministry of Darkness angle...
If I wasn't such an ingrained 'Taker fan I'd have given up on that
crap by now.

Cyn

Some guy named Paul Zorovich

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
In article <19990225234414...@ng39.aol.com>,

scot...@aol.com (ScottieRM) wrote:
> I'm just wondering who the most popular wrestlers in the big two feds are with
> the people of this newsgroup.

WCW
1. Fit Finlay
2. Chris Jericho
3. Eddy Guerrero
4. Goldberg
5. Alex Wright / Blitzkrieg (tie)

WWF
1. Edge
2. Val Venis
3. Waltman

"Some Guy Named" Paul Zorovich
MooseAndSquirrel (a) mailcityDOTcom
Read the Report Card at
http://www.members.tripod.com/MooseAndSquirrel/reportcard.html

dk...@my-dejanews.com

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
In article <19990226073409...@ng-ft1.aol.com>,

You're right about the WWF, we certainly wouldn't want to bury these wrestlers
by ignoring them in favor of the disgusting antics of Mick Foley and Owen Hart
and D-LO~! Brown and Jeff Jarrett and Edge and Steve Austin. That would be
like making your WCW list "Hogan, Luger, Nash, Piper, Page" and forgetting
Benoit and Eddy, no?

You make your WCW list up of the guys who -aren't- in main events (save Ric
Flair), the guys who have tremendous talent but get buried due to Hogan and
nWo-centric booking. The nWo-centric booking is to WCW what 'Sports
Entertainment' is to the WWF: It buries the talented wrestlers. In spite of
the fact that Vince is pumping out mostly crap (Although this week's Raw was a
slight step up) I can still recognize the good parts and acknowledge them.

That is:

The fact that, if I ignore the obligatory catfight I will get to see OWEN~!
wrestle D-LO~! at WrestleMania.

I will get to see X-Pac kick Shane McMahon's ass. Whereas, if this was going
on in WCW, Shane would CHEAT TO WIN~! and X-Pac would get a victory a week
later on free TV after roughly half the promotion runs in.

I read in another post of yours that the Undertaker/Kane inferno match was a
'slowdance' (BTW, if that wasn't you, forgive me). I think people doing
planchas and such over fire is a little more intriguing than Hulk Hogan
embarassing Flair as the 'Main' Event on Nitro. And, as I saw, they got their
ratings ass WHOMPED~! for it. No more of that, I hope. But the point is, the
Inferno match had a couple of good spots in it and the Undertaker WALKED THE
ROPES~! I dig that.

I will get to see FOLEY~! I don't care it what capacity. Spray painting a
ref shirt? Don't tell me you weren't amused, Jim.

I will get to see Shawn Michael's play the role he was born to play: Shit
Disturber.

I will get to see Jim Ross. Okay, well, hear Jim Ross.

And most importantly, I will get to see the face win at the Big Show. Austin
wins, a Stunner here, double bird there, Steveweiser, thank you, good night.
No screwjob finishes. No shock turning. Just giving the fans what they want.

"The only thing missing from the WWF...has been me." Bret Hart

"I'm not mortal! I'm Cactus Jack!" Mick Foley

dk314

Joan Pixie

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
On Fri, 26 Feb 1999 08:08:04 MST, the_pur...@hotmail.com (SiN)
wrote:

>>I'm just wondering who the most popular wrestlers in the big two feds are with
>>the people of this newsgroup.

>>For me, it's:

WWF:
1) Road Dogg- charismatic, fun.
2) Al Snow
3) Edge
4) Droz (he WILL be a star, damnit)
5) Blue Meanie

WCW:
1)Jericho
2)Kidman
3)Rey
4)Juvi
5)Kanyon

pixie "midcard forever"

"we're going down in a bit of a decadent spiral, aren't we?"
---"with freedom comes nudity"---zorak
~~~* http://www.angelfire.com/ri/fangeek *~~~

George Larson

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99

>WCW

1. Chris Benoit
2. Chris Jericho
3. Ric Flair
4. Bret Hart
5. Eddy Guerrero

>WWF

1. Mick Foley
2. Taka Michinoku (is he still even IN the WWF? It's been a while)
3. X-Pac
4. Steve Austin
5. Rocky Maivia

dk...@my-dejanews.com

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
In article <19990225234414...@ng39.aol.com>,

scot...@aol.com (ScottieRM) wrote:
> I'm just wondering who the most popular wrestlers in the big two feds are
with
> the people of this newsgroup.

I'm just gonna do this by who I mark out for the most, as to not complicate it
beyond all repair:

WCW
1. Bret Hart-- One of the few reasons I even watched WCW in 1998.
2. Chris Jericho
3. Ric Flair-- True, he just about sucks in the ring now, but I haven't given
up hope that one day I'll turn on Nitro to see Flair taking Hogan to school.
Whoo!
4. Chris Benoit-- He'll be on the top very soon.
5. Rey Misterio, Jr.-- Anybody who makes Nash look good in the ring is fine
with me. Especially if they beat his ass while doing it :)

WWF
1. Mick Foley-- The only time I actually enjoyed Raw all the way through this
year was when Foley won the title.
2. Shawn Michaels-- I always pay close attention to Raw if HBK is supposed to
be on. You know, just in case...
3. D-LO~!-- DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM???
4. Steve Austin-- That was easy.
5. Owen Hart

"The only thing that's been missing from the WWF...has been me." Bret Hart

David K. Williams, Jr.

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
WCW
1. Ric Flair

2. Kevin Nash (I admit, most of the reason I like Nash is a hangover
from his days as Big Daddy Cool Diesel)

3. Buff Bagwell (the only funnier guy in pro-wrestling is Foley)

4. Big Poppa Pump (a great bad guy-I hate him)

5. Chris Jericho

WWF
1. Mick Foley (still the best worker, takes the bumps and is laugh out
loud f'n funny)

2. Steve Austin (the gimmick may be getting old, but it's a great
gimmick. Flair's gimmick has been old for 20 years)

3. HBK (the best on the mic in sports entertainment today. Sorry he's
hurt)

4. The Rock (the catchprases keep comin' .....)

5. Val Venis (horrible gimmick, but he's funny)

Christopher Bird

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
Get your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ScottieRM!

> I'm just wondering who the most popular wrestlers in the big two feds are with
> the people of this newsgroup.

WCW:

1.) Chris Jericho
2.) Chris Benoit
3.) Saturn
4.) Bret Hart
tie for 5.) Booker T and Disco Inferno

WWF:

1.) Mick Foley
2.) X-Pac [*]
3.) D-Lo Brown
4.) Owen Hart
tie for 5.) Steve Austin and Edge

[*] Incidentally, the past six months have managed to get him onto this
list for the first time ever in either fed. Hell, before the last six
months, he generally didn't even get considered for it.

-chdb
--
"Attention Girls: Taylor Hanson Enters Manhood"
--from "Space Ghost News"

Bryant8NBA

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99

WCW:
1. Chris Jericho
2. La Parka
3. Disco Inferno
4. Scott Hall
5. Booker T

WWF:
1. The Rock
2. Shawn Michaels
3. Mankind
4. D-Lo Brown
5. X-Pac

Bryan...@aol.com
"Going one-on-one with The Great One makes your monkey ass famous."
http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/District/1320/

JaKyL25

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
WCW
1. Bret "God of Wrestling" Hart
2. Chris "God of Thunder"Jericho
3. Eddy "Latino Jesus" Guerrero (I saw somebody use that nickname and thought
it was cool, so don't sue me.)
4. Chris "Talk to the hand" Benoit
5. Billy "Go ahead, Powerbomb me" Kidman

WWF
1. Owen "Shadow" Hart
2. D-Lo "Dammit Rock, that shoulda been MY push" Brown
3. Rocky "My wrestling sucks, but I give the greatest interviews EVER" Maivia
4. Ed "Sycho" ge
5. Road "Please leave me in Hardcore matches FOREVER because I suck otherwise"
Dog

And, just for kicks:

ECW
1. Lance "Only person in ECW worth a damn" Storm
2. Lance "Only person in ECW worth a damn" Storm
3. Lance "Only person in ECW worth a damn" Storm
4. Lance "Only person in ECW worth a damn" Storm
5. Lance "Only person in ECW worth a damn" Storm

As you can see, I'm a little bit of a mark for wrestlers trained in the Dungeon
:-)

The JaKyL
Michigan's "self-proclaimed" biggest Hart mark
Michigan's "self-proclaimed" biggest Jerichoholic
Smeller of what the Rock is cookin'.

Nate Perry

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
WWF

1. Mick Foley
2. Taka Michinoku

3. Any member of the Brood
4. D'Lo Brown
5. The Hardy Boyz

WCW

1. Rey Mysterio Jr.
2. Chris Benoit
3. Eddy Guerrero
4. Blitzkreig
5. Bret Hart
6. Bret Hart's cat

Iron Lich

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
WCW
1. Chris Benoit (surprise)
2. Chris Jericho
3. Dean Malenko
4. Saturn
5. Kanyon

WWF
1. Mick Foley
2. D'Lo Brown
3. Edge
4. Christian
5. Gangrel

____
JNE

Wu 9 Tang

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
hmmm..

wcw
1) s. steiner
2) nash
3) hogan
4) buff
5) hall

wwf
1) rock
2) paul white
3)
4)
5)

---
http://members.aol.com/wu9tang

Dswhitman

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
WCW
1. Ric Flair

2. Chris Jericho
3. Bret Hart
4. Goldberg
5. Chris Benoit

WWF
1. The Rock
2. Steve Austin
3. Mankind
4. X-Pac
5. Big Nasty

ViNNY

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
>WCW

Chris Jericho
Chris Benoit
La Parka
Psicosis
Fit Finlay / Damian (tie)

>WWF

D-Lo Brown
The Rock
Owen Hart
Dick Togo (yeah, I know he's gone)
Jeff Hardy

Most Hated Five:

WCW:

1) Hollywood Hogan
2) Hak
3) Diamond Dallas Page
4) Stevie Ray
5) Ernest Miller

WWF:

1) Shane McMahon
2) The Undertaker
3) Giant Silva
4) Michael Cole
5) Darren Drozdov

-Vin

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"you're perfect, yes it's true
but without me, you're only you"
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
http://www.avincent.demon.co.uk/
vi...@avincent.demon.co.uk
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Usenet: rec.sport.pro-wrestling
rec.sport.pro-wrestling.moderated
ICQ: 9812127
Running for Parliament, 2002 - Vote Vin
for a brighter future for YOUR children.

Ecw6nwo

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
WCW:
1. Ric Flair
2. La Parka
3. Eddy Guerrio
4. Benoit and Malenko
5. Chris Jericho

WWF:
1. Gangrel
2. Al Snow
3. RoadDog
4. Edge/Christian
5. Foley/Hardy Boyz

Chris Bryan

john lowe

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
> I'm just wondering who the most popular wrestlers in the big two feds are with
> the people of this newsgroup.

> WCW
1. ric flair
2. chris BENOIT~!
3. chris jericho
4. juventud guerrera
5. fit finlay
6. dean malenko
7. booker t
8. rey misterio jr
9. bret hart
10. eddy guerrero (since he's hurt, he's a little lower)

> WWF
i pretty much stopped watching it a few months back. but what i remember is:
1. mick foley
2. edge
3. d-lo brown
4. hardy boyz
5. is any of kaientei left?

john <watches for the wrestling on the marquee>

--
john lowe hip...@mail.utexas.edu young lion i.s.a.
"real gangs ride unicycles" -- james of team rocket

SeaDoo30

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
WWF-
Mankind
The Rock
Austin
D'lo
Vinnie Mac

WCW-
Benoit
Mysterio
Eddy
Jericho
Blitzcreig

Adam
98 SPX

HSB

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
Hmmm..

5 fav's, huh? In no pecking order, and including active ones only (so
sadly no Kaientai)

WWF (Leaders in Pro wrestling for over 50 years)

Roaddog, Val Venis, Rocky, The Brood (I like all 3), Austin
And a mention to, I think, my favorite tag team, Too Much!

WCW (for over 10 years, a bad NWA rip-off/WWF wanna-be's)

Favorite tag team, Raven/Kanyon.
Kanyon, Bobo T, Jerricho, Kidman, La Parka.

I think Gangrel is my favorite Brood? Edge could be my 3rd Brood of
choice. He really looks lame with with evil smile. Christian's doing a
better job. Gangrel unlike most faction leaders tend to be in the past,
tends to be a believable one. Like I believe he could beat Edge and
Christian's ass if need be. Unlike say Faarooq who couldn't beat anyone
of his people.

I perfer Too Much! over Gucci Boys. Jerricho being my favorite WCWer
and either Val or Rock being my current favorite WWFers. Jerricho
though is not even in my top 5 if I didn't seperate the 2 Feds.

Gern Blanston

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99

ScottieRM wrote in message <19990225234414...@ng39.aol.com>...

>WCW

1. Ric Flair, for purely historical and mic reasons
2. Chris Benoit
3. Chris Jericho
4. Sting, wherever he is
5. (tie) Big Poochie, but only for his mic work
Booker T

>WWF

1. Mick Foley
2. Rocky Maivia
3. D-Lo Brown
4. Billy Gunn
5. (tie) Paul Wight
HBK, whenever he comes back

Gern
Rhymes with Stern

David Tiemroth

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
In message <19990226073409...@ng-ft1.aol.com> - jimn...@aol.com
(JimNeibr) writes:
:>
:>WCW

:>
:>Bret Hart
:>Ric Flair
:>Chris Benoit
:>Dean Malenko
:>Eddy Guerrero
:>
:>WWF
:>
:>Shane McMahon
:>Gillberg
:>Brooklyn Brawler
:>Big Boss Man
:>Tom "Rocky" Stone

Are you still claiming to have no bias against the WWF?

ObWrestling: What ever happened to Ted DiBiase, anyway? He was
with the Steiners, then the Steiners broke up, then... what?

David Tiemroth.
- "America?" said Mrs Liberty. "Won't we get scalped?"
- "Good grief, no!" said William Stickers, who was a bit more up to date
about the world.
- "*Probably* not," said Mr Fletcher, who had been watching the news lately
and was even more up to date than William Stickers.
(Terry Pratchett, Johnny and the Dead)

Remove "NOSPAMFORYOU" to email me.

Kevin Lee

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
In message <19990225234414...@ng39.aol.com>,
scot...@aol.com (ScottieRM) wrote:

> I'm just wondering who the most popular wrestlers in the big two feds are with
> the people of this newsgroup.

WWF
1) D'Lo (especially when he had the belt)
2) Foley (especially before he got the belt)
3) Rocky (especially when he gave his dissertations on Iraq)
4) The Brood (especially before the bloodbaths began, all tied)
5) Stonie (especially before the RAW after WM13)

WCW
1) Bret Clark (especially after his nWo run)
2) Mysterio (especially before... um...)
3) Eddie Guerrero
4) Juvie
5) Blitzcreig

peace...
kpl

--
"Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined" - Nas

Fiona Maggert

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
WCW
1)Chris Jericho
2)Scott Hall
3)Chris Benoit
4)Ric Flair
5)Meng

WWF
1)Steve Austin
2)Mick Foley
3)The Rock
4)Edge
5)Road Dogg

But Rob Van Dam is the best wrestler in North America

mdb

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
Accept the pain, dk...@my-dejanews.com.

>You're right about the WWF, we certainly wouldn't want to bury these wrestlers
>by ignoring them in favor of the disgusting antics of Mick Foley and Owen Hart
>and D-LO~! Brown and Jeff Jarrett and Edge and Steve Austin.

Jeff Jarrett?

>That would be
>like making your WCW list "Hogan, Luger, Nash, Piper, Page" and forgetting
>Benoit and Eddy, no?

I think 'Hogan, Luger, Nash, Piper, Page' is a perfectly legit list,
though I'd be surprised if any in RSPWM would have that list (or if
they did, would bother to post it)

>You make your WCW list up of the guys who -aren't- in main events (save Ric
>Flair), the guys who have tremendous talent but get buried due to Hogan and
>nWo-centric booking. The nWo-centric booking is to WCW what 'Sports
>Entertainment' is to the WWF: It buries the talented wrestlers.

Define "buries." I've got on tape at least an hour of Benoit
*wrestling* from just this past month. UT could burn all the stuffed
animals he wants, Austin could drink all the beers he wanted, DX could
say Suck it as often as they want, and I wouldn't complain much if at
all if Vince would put on even one good match per hour.

>The fact that, if I ignore the obligatory catfight I will get to see OWEN~!
>wrestle D-LO~! at WrestleMania.

Have a fun five minutes.

>But the point is, the
>Inferno match had a couple of good spots in it and the Undertaker WALKED THE
>ROPES~! I dig that.

Oh well yeah, he walked the ropes. I'm surprised every year when that
doesn't win move of the year (not that Maivia's elbow isn't a worthy
winner.)

>I will get to see FOLEY~! I don't care it what capacity.

Well that's charitable of you. 'Who cares so long as I see Foley.'

>I will get to see Shawn Michael's play the role he was born to play: Shit
>Disturber.

Yeah, good thing he got injured because in his role of 'pro wrestler'
he just wasn't cutting it.

>And most importantly, I will get to see the face win at the Big Show. Austin
>wins, a Stunner here, double bird there, Steveweiser, thank you, good night.
>No screwjob finishes. No shock turning. Just giving the fans what they want.

No offense, but seeing a fake wrestling match booked with the good guy
winning really shouldn't be that big a deal. I mean, I know Scott
Keith is always telling everyone it is, but really, it's not.

Said Guyon, See the mind of beastly man,
That hath so soone forgot the excellence
Of his creation, when he life began,
That now he chooseth, with vile difference,
To be a beast, and lacke intelligence.
To whom the Palmer thus, The donghill kind
Delights in filth and foule incontinence:
Let Grill be Grill, and haue his hoggish mind,
-Edmund Spenser

Keith Barbour

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
On Fri, 26 Feb 1999 00:40:36 MST, msj...@aol.com.no-spam (MSJanke)
wrote:

>>From: scot...@aol.com (ScottieRM)
>>
>>I'm just wondering who the most popular wrestlers in the big two feds are
>>with
>>the people of this newsgroup.

WCW

1. Sting
2. Rey Mysterio Jr.
3. Ric Flair
4. Big Poppa Pump
5. Chris Jericho

WWF

1. The Rock
2. Stone Cold Steve Austin
3. Edge
4. Undertaker
5. Kane

Keith
It's easy to sit there and say you'd like to have more money. And I
guess that's what I like about it. It's easy. Just sitting there,
rocking back and forth, wanting that money.

-Jack Handey-

Zombie

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
On Thu, 25 Feb 1999 22:49:01 MST, scot...@aol.com (ScottieRM) wrote:

>I'm just wondering who the most popular wrestlers in the big two feds are with
>the people of this newsgroup.

>For me, it's:
>WCW
>1. Ric Flair
>2. Roddy Piper
>3. Raven
>4. Kevin Nash
>5. Scott Hall
>
>WWF
>1. Steve Austin
>2. The Rock
>3. Ken Shamrock
>4. Paul Wight
>5. HHH
>
>Other opinions??

WCW

1.Kevin Nash.
2. DDP
3. Goldberg
4.Raven
5. Bret Hart (I liked him more from his WWF days than I do know.

WWF
1.Steve Austin
2.Undertaker & Kane Tie
3. The Rock
4. Mankind
5. Paul Wright

Jeremy Moran

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
WCW
1. Chris Jericho
2. Ric Flair
3. Buff Bagwell
4. Kevin Nash
5. Goldberg

WWF
1. Mick Foley
2. The Rock
3. Val Venis
4. Gangrel
5. XPac

+ +
Jeremy Moran, Official Usenet WebTV Apologist
= =
"What do you guys want? I'm branding my soap!" Chester, "The Sifl and
Olly Show"
* *
Visit My Spare Web Page: http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/Wing/3999

Dean and Angie Rasmussen

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
john lowe wrote:

HEY! IT'S JOHN LOWE!! He's doing more than 5 so I'm HERE!

> > I'm just wondering who the most popular wrestlers in the big two feds are with
> > the people of this newsgroup.
>

> > WCW
> 1. ric flair
> 2. chris BENOIT~!
> 3. chris jericho
> 4. juventud guerrera
> 5. fit finlay
> 6. dean malenko
> 7. booker t
> 8. rey misterio jr
> 9. bret hart
> 10. eddy guerrero (since he's hurt, he's a little lower)

Straight from my heart as opposed to sheer technical merit.
WCW
1.CHRIS MOTHERFUCKING BENOIT
2.FIT MOTHERFUCKING FINLAY
3.Juventud Guerrera
4.Eddy Guerrerro
5.Rey Misterio Jr
6.Psicosis
7.Bret Hart
8.Ciclope
9.Villano 5
10. Billy Kidman

> > WWF
> i pretty much stopped watching it a few months back. but what i remember is:
> 1. mick foley
> 2. edge
> 3. d-lo brown
> 4. hardy boyz
> 5. is any of kaientei left?

WWF
Ditto with the veiwing thing.
1. Matt Hardy
2. Jeff Hardy
3. Brian Christopher
4. Cactus Jack
5. David Gangrel Heath

> john <watches for the wrestling on the marquee>

Ditto, STUDBOLT.

CICLOPE~!

Dean Rasmussen, Ciclopeiac!

Haya...@webtv.net

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
Ok, I'm going to cheat a little here. I like ECW more than I do WWF, so
I'm going to include them as well, but instead of my top 5 from each,
i'll just do my favorite 15 N.American wrestlers:

ECW
1. Jerry Lynn
2. Nova
3. RVD

WWF
1. Owen
2. Foley
3. Al Snow

WCW
1. Flair
2. Benoit
3. Bret
4. Jericho
5. Eddy
6. Saturn
7. Rey
8. Kanyon
9. Malenko

Arcanus777

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
WWF-
1. Mick Foley
2. Gangrel
3. Christian
4. Too Much
5. D-Lo Brown

WCW-
1. La Parka
2. Psichosis
3. Chris Benoit
4. Chris Jericho
5. Blitzkrieg

theBede

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
Whatcha gonna do when the Eye of Hogan/Sauron looks down on YOU,
ScottieRM?! You wrote in message
<19990225234414...@ng39.aol.com>...

>I'm just wondering who the most popular wrestlers in the big
two feds are with
>the people of this newsgroup.

[snipfest]

I'm not counting people who are missing in action, like Sting.

I. WCW, The Senior Circuit.
1. Chris Jerricho. It's the hairdo.
2. The Disco Gopher.
3. Scott "Raven" Levy.
4. KANYON~! "Who's better than Kanyon?" "Three people!"
5. Chris Benwah.

II. WSEF.
1. Rocky "The Pebble" Maivia.
2. The third face of Mick Foley.
3. The Undertaker. But mostly for historical reasons.
4. Mark Henry. It's the personality.
5. Steve Austin. _Nash Bridges_ was better than I expected.

III. What the heck, let's do ECW.
1. Rob Van Damme, the man who puts the E! in Sports
Entertainment.
2. Shane "I'm faking my retirement" Douglas.
3. Lance Storm. Even if he is from Calgary.
4. FRANCINE~!
5. That's pretty much the whole roster.

IV. And now, just to screw up the thread, a question: What's
with people liking Gangrel? I'm not trying to dis the guy, I
just don't see the source of attraction. Enlighten me. I'm
serious.

the Bede
/:-)>
RSPWM's #1 Arn Anderson mark and Turambarphile.

J.T.

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99

WCW
1. Chris Jericho
2. Bret Hart
3. Chris Benoit
4. Fit Finlay
5. Eddie Guerrero (as a heel)

WWF
1. Owen Hart
2. Gangrel
3. Hardy Boyz
4. Edge
5. Too Much

GiancarIo

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
WCW

1) Chris Benoit
2) Buff Bagwell
3) Scott Hall
4) Eddie Guerrero
5) Rowdy Roddy Piper

WWF

1) Austin (K...I'm a mark, I admit it)
2) X-Pac
3) Mankind
4) Val Venis
5) D'Lo Brown

ECW (why not)

1) Tommy Dreamer
2) RVD
3) Shane Douglas
4) Big Sal E. Gratziano (what can I say...I grew up with him....lol)
Rob

"Of course, 'Romeo and Gertrude' is just a working title. I might be
persuaded to change it for you, M'Lady."

MikeBatlaw

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
wcw:
the cat
goldberg
sting
disco
booker

wwf:
rock
mankind
austin
d-lo
vince

Mike

Joshua Holmes

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
WCW
1. Chris Benoit
2. Eddy Guerrero
3. Rey Misterio Jr.
4. Bret Hart
5. Dave Finlay

WWF
1. X-Pac (by default, I really don't even get excited to see him)
2. Mick Foley
3. Owen Hart
4. Uhhh...Ken Shamrock, maybe?
5. D'Lo? Is there anyone left who actually wrestles in the WWF?

--
Joshua Holmes jdho...@force.stwing.upenn.edu
University of Pennsylvania Computer Science and Engineering '00

mdb

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
Accept the pain, Christopher Bird.

>WWF:
>
>1.) Mick Foley
>2.) X-Pac [*]
>3.) D-Lo Brown
>4.) Owen Hart
>tie for 5.) Steve Austin and Edge
>
>[*] Incidentally, the past six months have managed to get him onto this
>list for the first time ever in either fed. Hell, before the last six
>months, he generally didn't even get considered for it.

And what has Watman done in the last 6 months to get him on your list
and so high (<-pun?) at that?

Too ra yay

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
JimNeibr wrote:

>WCW
>
>Bret Hart
>Ric Flair
>Chris Benoit
>Dean Malenko
>Eddy Guerrero
>
>WWF
>
>Shane McMahon
>Gillberg
>Brooklyn Brawler
>Big Boss Man
>Tom "Rocky" Stone

Do I smell FLAMEBAIT?

Sure, that seems completely fair. List five outstanding workers from your fed
of choice. Don't mention any of the ones currently holding titles, however.
Don't mention the World Champion, who's booked himself in to that spot so he
can defend the title once every three months. Or the secondary champion, who's
only got that spot because his best buddy booked him over a guy with a plastic
hip (who was booked over the best main-event level worker WCW has simply
because the bookerman's got a little professional jealousy.) Or the tag team
champions, two guys who are way past their primes who were booked over arguably
the best tag team in North America.

Then list five seeming embarrasments from the fed you loathe so much. Just be
sure not to mention that the World Champion is young, healthy, has an
unmatchable charisma and all around talent, even if he's not the best wrestler
in the sport (or that the most recent World Champion is probably the hardest
worker in the business), the secondary champion is one of the best hopes for
long-time superstar appeal, or that the tag team champions are two solid
workers who have paid their dues for years.

Here's the rub: If you want to insult the WWF, call a spade a spade and point
out the shortcomings of your pet fed while you're at it. Sure, en todo, WCW has
a better roster of workers. But by that same token WCW employs about twice the
number of wrestlers that the WWF does. For every Chris Benoit who goes 4 years
without ever holding a title and have it be recognized, there's an Owen Hart
who has multiple singles and tag team title reigns. For every Psichosis or
Juventud or Kidman who is relegated to the cruiserweight division, disrupting
the idea that any common fan would ever take them seriously as a major player,
there's an X-Pac, D-Lo Brown, or an Edge who've been allowed to shine among the
big boys.

It's not the question of who's GOT the talent. It's a matter of who USES the
talent.

And no, I'm not a lemming (or a WWF sheep according to a recent proposal of
mine) and realize when the WWF drops the ball. I could mention the handling of
Kaentai or the use of Japanese and Luchas in general by the WWF. I could harp
on the Women's division currently being used as a T&A fest (although with
actual wrestlers in the fold now it could turn out not-half-bad). But the WWF
has given more of a fair shake to guys like Al Snow and the Brood and Billy
Gunn and the names I mentioned above while WCW is burying their actual talent
for the sake of the Bookers and their buddies. Just look at the way WCW has
(mis)used Bret Hart, for Christ's sake.

Listing Shane and Gillberg and the Brawler was a pretty fun little jab, but it
was half-assed at best. So since I'm in this thread, I might as well follow its
rules:

WWF:
1. Mick BY GOD FOLEY~!
2. OWEN~! Hart
3. D-LO~! Brown
4. EDGE~!
5. VAL~! Venis

(Heal well, SHAWN~!, so you can reclaim that top spot)

WCW:
1. Chris Fucking JERICHO~!
2. BRET~! Hart
3. FIT~! Finlay
4. Chris BENOIT~!
5. PSICHOSIS~!

The last surviving Midnight Runner:
Too ra (loo ra too ra loo ra) yay

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he
didn't exist." ---Verbal Kint

Ecw6nwo

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
And now, just to screw up the thread, a question: What's
with people liking Gangrel? I'm not trying to dis the guy, I
just don't see the source of attraction. Enlighten me. I'm
serious.>>>>>>

I like him because he is a crisp worker and doesn't blow many spots and does
some great moves. I also love his gimmick and he has the best entrice in the
Big two today...

Chris Bryan

Rob Hill

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
scot...@aol.com (ScottieRM) wrote as thus on
rec.sport.pro-wrestling.moderated :

>I'm just wondering who the most popular wrestlers in the big two feds are with
>the people of this newsgroup.

For me, it's:

WCW

1. Chris Jericho
2. Ernest Miller
3. Chavo Jr
4. Buff Bagwell
5. Ric Flair

WWF

1. The Rock
2. Mr McMan
3. Mankind
4. D-Lo
5. Gangrel

-----------
Supporter of choice for the consumer in the marketplace for Television
Abolish the license fee, give the consumer freedom.
http://welcome.to/ALFA
---------------------------------

Angelina

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
On Sat, 27 Feb 1999 08:15:24 MST, "theBede" <boy...@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>I. WCW, The Senior Circuit.
>1. Chris Jerricho. It's the hairdo.
>2. The Disco Gopher.
>3. Scott "Raven" Levy.
>4. KANYON~! "Who's better than Kanyon?" "Three people!"
>5. Chris Benwah.

Good list. Here's mine:

WCW:

1. Disco Inferno (my favorite wrestler irregardless of fed)
2. Raven
3. Chris Jericho
4. Saturn
5. Tie: Kanyon/Kidman

>II. WSEF.
>1. Rocky "The Pebble" Maivia.
>2. The third face of Mick Foley.
>3. The Undertaker. But mostly for historical reasons.
>4. Mark Henry. It's the personality.
>5. Steve Austin. _Nash Bridges_ was better than I expected.

WWF:
1. X-Pac
2. Ken Shamrock (needs to get away from Venis/Gunn to reclaim #1)
3. Mick Foley
4. Brian Christopher
5. Scott Taylor

**snip ECW**

>IV. And now, just to screw up the thread, a question: What's

>with people liking Gangrel? I'm not trying to dis the guy, I
>just don't see the source of attraction. Enlighten me. I'm
>serious.

To be honest, I think WWF is kind of low on wrestlers who are
interesting in and of themselves since everything is so storyline
focused. It seems there are a lot of wrestlers who aren't that good
or even that interesting who become popular because they are involved
in some convoluted storyline.

Maybe Gangrel is just someone people can enjoy irregardless of what
story is being ran at the time. He has a nice DDT and a fun gimmick,
afterall.

Just a theory.

********
Angelina

Lyger

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
1. Psicosis
2. Benoit
3. Rey Misterio Jr
4. Silver King
5. Chris Jericho

JimNeibr

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
That fan of The Knack or Haircut 100 or whatever stated re: my WWF choices:

>Do I smell FLAMEBAIT?

-----

Who are you to doubt Tom "Rocky" Stone?

Actually I was having a little fun, but since there are a handful of
WWF-can-do-no-wrong reactions, then perhaps I will stick to this list as my
genuine favorites.

Jim

[RUDO] K. Canzanella

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
RUDO's faves are:

WCW-

1 Eddie Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurerro
2 Juventud
3 Chris Benoit
4 Psicosis
5 Booker T.
6 Bret Hart
7 Rey Misterio Jr.
8 Chris Jericho
9 La Parka
10 Ric Flair
HM- Fit Finlay

WWF-

1 Mick Foley
2 D'Lo Brown
3&4 Hardy Boyz
5 Shamrock
6-10 ?????

Keep in mind that 2, 3 and 4 have wrestled a total of maybe 20 minutes
in the past four months on TV that I didn't have to pay for. *sigh*

Mr. K. Canzanella
I like Lucha Libre.
Founder of yet another non-existent club:
Psicosis' "Dive into the third row head
first club".
I want a quote down here. I shall find one!

treyh...@my-dejanews.com

Feb 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/28/99

scot...@aol.com (ScottieRM) wrote:
> I'm just wondering who the most popular wrestlers in the big two feds are with
> the people of this newsgroup.

> WCW

1. Chris Benoit
2. Booker T.
3. Dean Malenko
4. Scott Hall
5. Kevin Nash

> WWF

1. The Rock
2. D-Lo
3. Val Venis
4. HHH
5. Mankind

Peace,

*** MARBLES ***

V-Pac

Feb 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/28/99
WWF
------------------------------
(Note:I dont care that a few of these aren't active.They're under
contract,which is close enough.)
1.The Rock
2.TAKA~!
3.Dick TOGO~!
4.D'Lo
5.X-Pac

(honorable mention:the blonde Hardy,Owen,Shammy,Vinnie Mac.)

WCW
---------------------------

1.Chris Jericho
2.Chris Benoit
3.Bret Hart
4.Psicosis
5.Curt Hennig (yea,I know he sucks,but he was my No.1 fave in the early
90's)

V-Pac the Immoral Thug
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ĄFREE KAIENTAI!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://freespeech.org/vpac420

Christopher Bird

Feb 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/28/99

Just for the record, here's the current ranking of those who have been
voted for, #1 being worth five points and so on, entries below #5 being
turfed, and ties being both given the points:

Mick Foley 94
Chris Jericho 83
Chris Benoit 66
Bret Hart 49
Ric Flair 45
Rock 38
D-Lo Brown 36
Edge 33
Steve Austin 29
Shawn Michaels 25
Eddie Guerrero 25
Owen Hart 23
Rey Mysterio Jr. 21
X-Pac 20
Gangrel 18
Raven 18
Fit Finlay 16
Al Snow 15
Disco Inferno 15
Ken Shamrock 15
Scott Hall 13
Matt Hardy 11
Jeff Hardy 10
Saturn 10
Buff Bagwell 9
Juventud Guerrera 9
La Parka 9
Taka Michinoku 9
Brian Christopher 8
Kevin Nash 8
Undertaker 8
Val Venis 8
Kanyon 7
Road Dogg 7
Sting 7
Christian 6
Kidman 6
Psicosis 6
Bam Bam Bigelow 5
Billy Gunn 5
Blitzkrieg 5
Booker T 5
Dean Malenko 5
Roddy Piper 5
Shane McMahon 5
Ernest Miller 4
Gillberg 4
Scott Taylor 4
Vince McMahon 4
Brooklyn Brawler 3
Chavo Guerrero Jr. 3
HHH 3
Jim Ross 3
Lex Luger 3
Paul Wight 3
Big Boss Man 2
Blue Meanie 2
Droz 2
Goldberg 2
Mark Henry 2
Scott Steiner 2
Alex Wright 1
Meng 1
Mosh 1
Thrasher 1
Tom Stone 1

(Who the fuck is Tom Stone, anyway? I mean, sure it was in Jim's flamebait
post, but still. I wonder.)

-chdb, who admits he has no life!
--
"Attention Girls: Taylor Hanson Enters Manhood"
--from "Space Ghost News"

======================================= MODERATOR'S COMMENT:

Tom Stone was a jobber (at least the one I'M thinking of was) - CRZ

JimNeibr

Feb 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/28/99
leda stated regarding my list:

>Are you still claiming to have no bias against the WWF?

Yeah, as a matter of fact. But since I am accused of it so often, I thought I
would have a little fun. Had I made such a list under a WCW heading, everyone
would be sending me ROFL e-mails. Instead everyone gets their feelings hurt.
(sigh)

And who are you to doubt Tom "Rocky" Stone.

>ObWrestling: What ever happened to Ted DiBiase, anyway? He was
>with the Steiners, then the Steiners broke up, then... what?

He found Jesus (apparently Jesus was lost).

Jim

HSB

Feb 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/28/99
> Rey Mysterio Jr. 21
> X-Pac 20
> Matt Hardy 11
> Jeff Hardy 10
> Juventud Guerrera 9
> La Parka 9
> Taka Michinoku 9
> Brian Christopher 8
> Christian 6
> Kidman 6
> Psicosis 6
> Blitzkrieg 5

So it's down to
Jr. Hvy main eventer: Rey Jr. & X-Pac
Upper Midcard: Hardyz, Juvi, La Parka & TAKA
Midcard: Christopher, Christian, Kidman, & Psicosis
Flavours of the month: Blitzkrieg & Gillberg
under rated: Scott Taylor & Chavo

1)TAKA~!
2)Christian
3)La Parka
4)X-Pac
5)Taylor

David Tiemroth

Feb 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/28/99
In message <19990227190231...@ng-ce1.aol.com> - jimn...@aol.com
(JimNeibr)Sat, 27 Feb 1999 18:34:09 MST writes:
:>
:>That fan of The Knack or Haircut 100 or whatever stated re: my WWF choices:

:>
:>>Do I smell FLAMEBAIT?
:>
:>-----
:>
:>Who are you to doubt Tom "Rocky" Stone?

I'm El Dandy?

:>Actually I was having a little fun, but since there are a handful of

:>WWF-can-do-no-wrong reactions, then perhaps I will stick to this list as my
:>genuine favorites.

Not WWF-can-do-no-wrong, rather WWF-doesn't-do-as-much-wrong-as-some-people-
seem-to-think. Case in point, Steve Austin uses the word ass in mostly
every interview, therefore, he does not say anything new at all, merely
rambling off ass after ass. Obviously wrong, but wait, this is the WWF,
the federation that can apparently do no right.

David Tiemroth.
- "America?" said Mrs Liberty. "Won't we get scalped?"
- "Good grief, no!" said William Stickers, who was a bit more up to date
about the world.
- "*Probably* not," said Mr Fletcher, who had been watching the news lately
and was even more up to date than William Stickers.
(Terry Pratchett, Johnny and the Dead)

Remove "NOSPAMFORYOU" to email me.

ComixAce

Feb 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/28/99
WCW
1. Bret Hart
2. Ric Flair
3. Chris Jericho
4. Benoit
5. Kidman/Juvy/Misterio

WWF
1. Mick Foley
2. Al Snow
3. Austin
4. HBK
5. Rock

Heidi MacDonald
remove xyz to email
--------
"Death is the mother of beauty." --Wallace Stevens

"Everybody dies frustrated and sad and that is beautiful." --They Might be
Giants

Lars Hoel

Feb 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/28/99
WWF
1. Foley
2. Austin
3. Taker
4. HHH
5. Rock

WCW
1. Hart
2. Benoit
3. Jericho
4. Flair
5. Juvy

Lars Hoel
Lars Hoel Audio Production
NYC

Christopher Bird

Feb 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/28/99
Get your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty mdb!

> And what has Watman done in the last 6 months to get him on your list
> and so high (<-pun?) at that?

Wrestle amazingly well. His micwork has improved a lot as well as has his
general presence, but since about Summerslam Waltman's made the step from
"wrestler who can wrestle a good match" to "wrestler who can carry a crap
wrestler to a good match". CF Kane, Chyna, Bossman, Mark Henry, etc.
(Before Summerslam, he wasn't doing this, CF a painfully average match with
Owen Hart of all people)

Long and short, I now anticipate X-Pac matches because if they're not
booked to hell, they'll be well worth watching. He didn't do that as Syxx
and he sure as hell didn't do it as the 1-2-3 Kid.

And if it seems like I'm downplaying his character, let me say that I'm
not. In the same timeframe as his wrestling has improved, he's also managed
to turn his X-Pac character from the really annoying twerp he was playing
since 1996 into a convincing and enjoyable gimmick. (I think the face turn
helped *loads* in this respect.)

-chdb

Ryan Faulconer

Feb 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/28/99

> >WWF:
> >
> >1.) Mick Foley
> >2.) X-Pac [*]
> >3.) D-Lo Brown
> >4.) Owen Hart
> >tie for 5.) Steve Austin and Edge
> >
> >[*] Incidentally, the past six months have managed to get him onto this
> >list for the first time ever in either fed. Hell, before the last six
> >months, he generally didn't even get considered for it.
>

> And what has Watman done in the last 6 months to get him on your list
> and so high (<-pun?) at that?

Unless you are mocking Mr. Bird's selections in some kind of cryptic language
which is spoken by you, him and three other clerks at this store:) then I
must raise issue with your remarks regarding Mr.Waltman (he should've been
named Puke hahahahaha) and his workrate over the past six months. Assuming
the original poster is judging X-P-A-C solely on his work over the past six
months (Sept98-Feb99) then the poster has every right to put X-Pac at number
2 on his list. If we include Xpac's match with JJ at SS (late august) then
he has had the following watchable-decent-good-great matches. vs. JJ at SS
w/Chyna vs. Henry (he bumped too well for this not to work) the whole I-C
tourney (Foley, Shamrock and some other dude whose name escapes me) Corporate
Rumble vs. Gangrel at the Rumble vs. Kane at the crappy, crappy, crappy
Skydome Raw of Suck vs. Rocky a few raws after Survivor Series vs. Shamrock
sometime around the Raw where Test debuted vs. Taka on Shotgun or Heat (I
believe this was in the time frame specified) I read in some places that the
mixed tag was a non-waste of time vs. D-Lo, D-Lo and more D-Lo (well they at
least wrestled twice)

Those are just the matches that I can recall off the top of my head (I don't
get Heat, my igloo in Canada doesn't come with it:) I see no reason why
someone wouldn't be impressed by Waltman's work over the last few months
(Owen's on the other hand, ugh, I saw him doing stuff in 88 that would really
make people think that he's being wasted/buried/sacrificed to the booking
gods). I'm even sure that he's put on more consistently good matches than
Booker T, Fit, Malenko, Jericho, Maivia etc etc. So I must ask, whatsup with
dumping on the X-P-A-C? He's not my fav but I believe his work has been solid
enough to not go unnoticed.

dk...@my-dejanews.com

Feb 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/28/99
In article <19990227190231...@ng-ce1.aol.com>,

jimn...@aol.com (JimNeibr) wrote:
> That fan of The Knack or Haircut 100 or whatever stated re: my WWF choices:
>
> >Do I smell FLAMEBAIT?
>
> -----
>
> Who are you to doubt Tom "Rocky" Stone?
>
> Actually I was having a little fun, but since there are a handful of
> WWF-can-do-no-wrong reactions, then perhaps I will stick to this list as my
> genuine favorites.
>
> Jim

Ah ah ah...no one ever said the WWF can do no wrong, far from it. I agree
with your point that Gillberg is a joke and on and on...the whole "Get It?"
campaign has me watching Nitro intently for the first time in years. So:

Gillberg/Dwayne Gill wrestling in anything but the business end of a squash is
terrible.

Shane MacMahon holding a major(?) title is embarassing.

Attempts at live embalmings are a disgrace.

T&A does not belong on Monday night wrestling.

Two minute matches shouldn't be the norm. Decisive finishes should.

So, the WWF can and -does- do a lot of things wrong. The point I was trying
to make in my original post was that you're dwelling on what they do wrong
instead of, oh, anything else. If I dwelled on what WCW did wrong and not
what they did right I would be doing a disservice to guys like Chris Benoit
and Chris Jericho and Juventud Guererra and on and on...and by dwelling on
Gillberg and Shane you're doing a disservice to D-LO~! and OWEN~! and Foley.

As wrestling fans we have to put up with a LOT of shit from both promotions
and they are EQUALLY as guilty. I didn't make my WCW list look like:

1. Bookers booking themselves and their friends to the top.
2. Ernest Miller
3. Ernest Miller in the third hour of Nitro.
4. Eric Bischoff beating Ric Flair.
5. nWo impersonating the Horsemen as the main event.
6. Hak
7. Raven and Kanyon's Day Off
8. Jay Leno and Will Sasso

Instead I gave recognition to the guys who matter and deserve it. You
should've done the same.

"The only thing that's been missing from the WWF...has been me." Bret Hart

"I'm not mortal! I'm Cactus Jack!" Mick Foley

dk314

Jeremy Moran

Feb 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/28/99
>>IV.   And now, just to screw up the
>>thread, a question: What's with people
>>liking Gangrel? I'm not trying to dis the
>>guy, I just don't see the source of
>>attraction. Enlighten me. I'm serious.

For me, it's the fact that he really seems to enjoy himself when he's in
the ring. There's a lot of guys out there who seem to go through the
motions, and really don't give a damn. But Gangrel looks like he's
having fun, and it's a lot of what makes the gimmick work.

Plus he's got that kick-ass entrance and music.

+ +
Jeremy Moran, Official Usenet WebTV Apologist
= =
"What do you guys want? I'm branding my soap!" Chester, "The Sifl and
Olly Show"
* *
Visit My Spare Web Page: http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/Wing/3999

David Tiemroth

Feb 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/28/99
In message <36db5c57...@news.mindspring.com> - dvora...@mindspring.com
(mdb)Sat, 27 Feb 1999 12:10:01 MST writes:
:>
:>Accept the pain, Christopher Bird.
:>
:>>WWF:

:>>
:>>1.) Mick Foley
:>>2.) X-Pac [*]
:>>3.) D-Lo Brown
:>>4.) Owen Hart
:>>tie for 5.) Steve Austin and Edge
:>>
:>>[*] Incidentally, the past six months have managed to get him onto this
:>>list for the first time ever in either fed. Hell, before the last six
:>>months, he generally didn't even get considered for it.
:>
:>And what has Watman done in the last 6 months to get him on your list
:>and so high (<-pun?) at that?

Entertained him? It is not the "Who are the best wrestlers as
widely recognised on this newsgroup, please remember to include
these names by pain of death: Chris Benoit, Mick Foley, Bret Hart,
Chris Jericho...", it's simply "Who are your favorites in both
feds".

Harris Telemacher

Feb 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/28/99
WCW:
1.) Chris Jericho: The ability to work both the mic and a match
masterfully cannot be overlooked. He is talented and charismatic enough
to carry people of lesser abilities or charisma to the height of their
potential.-------------------
2.) Kevin Nash: He can't work a match to save his life, but he is always
interesting to watch and listen to. I only wish he would go back to
being completely unpredictable.--------------------
3.) Chris Benoit: He is always exciting to watch. His work ethic is
amazing, as is his willingness and ability to sell for others.---
4.) Rey Mysterio: He has more ability after multiple injuries than most
people have just starting out. He is still amazing to
watch.----------------------
5.) Scott Norton: Anyone who has seen any of my other posts knew this
pick was coming. Scott Norton is the prototypical bad ass. He is being
grossly underutilized, and I hope he becomes the new enforcer for the
Horsemen so that he can become a superstar in this country as well.
WWF:
1.) D-Lo Brown: Easily the Chris Jericho of the WWF. Great micwork and
great ringwork. Remove the Mark Henry weight from around his neck and
there is no limit to how high he can go.--------------
2.) Mic Foley: The master of micwork. I could care less if he ever took
another monster bump...he is the man. I have been a fan since the Cactus
Jack days in WCW, and that support has never wavered. I think he should
think about hanging it up before he is unable to enjoy the rest of his
life though. He would be a perfect candidate to commentate on Raw or
Heat.-------------------
3.) The Rock: Great charisma...a little too repetitive in his
speeches...but good nonetheless. He is like Nash, but with better
wrestling ability.-------------
4.) Shawn Micheals: Even if he never gets into a ring to wrestle again,
his presence makes the WWF a more interesting place.
5.) ????????????????????????

*************************************
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those
who have not got it.-GEORGE B. SHAW
**************************************

Gancarski

Feb 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/28/99
How I love Polls!

1) If God is a Bullet as Concrete Blonde would have you believe , than Dave
Taylor is a bullet at Number 1. What a body! Taylor is TOOO SWEET! in ways the
men don't know, but the little girls understand! Simply Ravishing!

2) You gotta love Buddy Lee Parker, who proves the dictum: never say no to a
man in uniform! His rough hewn good looks accentuate any outfit he wears, be it
that of a state trooper, a drill sergeant, or a leprechaun!

3) Fidel Sierra! This camo-clad veteran puts the arriba in la raza! Salute
Fidel's flag!

4) Kevin Nash! Never turn your back on the Wolfpack! Mmm... They don't use
jelly!

5) Sickboy. Let your feelings slip boy, you never get attached boy; choose
life!

'High Flyer 2000' Tony Gancarski:
"you must have a suck ass outlook in wrestling. SN sucks"
--KDe8304173, re: my WCWSN Workrate Report!

======================================= MODERATOR'S COMMENT:

This is either a really depraved post on Tony's part or a forgery. Either
are equally disturbing...
- Scott

Shawn Mullin

Feb 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/28/99
I guess everyone's gonna answer this one eventually...

WWF
1. Owen Hart
2. The Rock
3. Mick Foley
4. Steve Austin
5. Edge

WCW
1. Bret Hart
2. Ric Flair
3. Chris Jericho

4. Chris Benoit
5. Billy Kidman

Shawn Mullin - shawn_...@canada.com
"Man who conquers other men is strong,
man who conquers himself is all powerful"
Chris Benoit
ShawnWeb - http://www.fortunecity.com/rivendell/angband/156/smweb.html

Gancarski

Mar 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/1/99
Scott Keith, TV's Moderator, writes:

>======================================= MODERATOR'S COMMENT:
>
>This is either a really depraved post on Tony's part or a forgery. Either
>are equally disturbing...

You're right. Kevin Nash should've been higher. My bad.

AdamThinks

Mar 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/1/99
wcw:
1. Chris Jericho
2. Chris Benoit
3. Bret Hart
4. Kanyon
5. Raven

wwf:
1. Edge
2. Paul Wight
3. Mankind
4. Christian
5. D'Lo

af3...@wayne.edu

Mar 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/1/99
On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Iron Lich wrote:

> WCW
> 1. Chris Benoit (surprise)
> 2. Chris Jericho
> 3. Dean Malenko
> 4. Saturn
> 5. Kanyon

1. Dean Malenko
2. Bret Hart
3. Chris Benoit
4. Sting
5. Bill Goldberg
> WWF
> 1. Mick Foley
> 2. D'Lo Brown
> 3. Edge
> 4. Christian
> 5. Gangrel

World Wimps Flederation
I haven't watched this group since November of 1997...why not? Bret
getting publicly humiliated by Vinny "I take the biz personal...but not
personal enough to screw over my moneymaker in the post-Bulk Hoagie
era...not ME!" McMahon

But...wrestlers I'd watch outside of the WW Fled...
Mick Foley....that's it...none of the rest of the wrestlers in this fed
wrestle well anymore...NONE OF THEM! Mike Hickenbottom...helluva athletic
talent in there...really did hid damnst to give the folks their $20
worth...however...his outside the ring behavior...as backed by Hart, and
Warrior...suggests a young man lacking an ever-needed increase in behavior
and annoyance control. Maybe when Mike reaches 40 or 50, he'll achieve
that...in reality, I hope the back surgery really sobers him up to real
life outside of the ring. I pay to watch wrestling...I feel that WWF gives
the least amount of what I am looking for from my standpoint.

l8er,
JG Smart

> ____
> JNE

Ken Hildebrand

Mar 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/2/99
On Sat, 27 Feb 1999, theBede wrote:

<The Bede's faves snipped>

> IV. And now, just to screw up the thread, a question: What's
> with people liking Gangrel? I'm not trying to dis the guy, I
> just don't see the source of attraction. Enlighten me. I'm
> serious.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've been a die-hard fan ever since I
saw Gangrel give Brian Christopher that spiking DDT on RAW last year. I
dig the gothic lifestyle gimmick and entrance, too.

----------
Ken Hildebrand
umhi...@cc.UManitoba.CA

"Shut up, I'm trying to help you." - Dr. Joy Browne

mdb

Mar 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/4/99
Accept the pain, Christopher Bird.

First of all, to everyone else who took umbrage at my asking Chris
asimple question, go jump off a cliff. Now then...

>> And what has Watman done in the last 6 months to get him on your list
>> and so high (<-pun?) at that?
>

>Wrestle amazingly well.

Well he's certainly in the top 10 workers in the WWF. (I would say
top 5 but it's so hard to judge guys like Edge and Christian these
days.)

>His micwork has improved a lot as well as has his
>general presence,

The one thing about his presence that has improved is that he can
freely do the crotch chop and he does it well. Oh, and I guess the
silly wrestling outfit is better than the faux gangsta look he was
pulling as Syxx. As for mic work, well, so long as they keep him to
one or two scripted lines then he can get by, esp. when he can fall
back on stuff along the lines of 'come here and I'll kick your ass,
you bitch.'

>but since about Summerslam Waltman's made the step from
>"wrestler who can wrestle a good match" to "wrestler who can carry a crap
>wrestler to a good match". CF Kane, Chyna, Bossman, Mark Henry, etc.
>(Before Summerslam, he wasn't doing this, CF a painfully average match with
>Owen Hart of all people)

I must admit the matches you name don't ring a bell with me. I've
only found Waltman interesting in the WWf for a brief period when it
looked like they were going to actually do something with the Euro
title. Much of the rest of the time he's just another guy with
wrestling talent that's doing stuff in the name of sports
entertainment that I can't care about.

>Long and short, I now anticipate X-Pac matches because if they're not
>booked to hell, they'll be well worth watching.

Booked to hell is WWF's specialty.

>He didn't do that as Syxx
>and he sure as hell didn't do it as the 1-2-3 Kid.

I still say his days as Syxx are highly underrated.

>And if it seems like I'm downplaying his character, let me say that I'm
>not. In the same timeframe as his wrestling has improved, he's also managed
>to turn his X-Pac character from the really annoying twerp he was playing
>since 1996 into a convincing and enjoyable gimmick. (I think the face turn
>helped *loads* in this respect.)

Wel I guess I can see that. I'd say it was more a case of him going
from lackey sidekick to the big boys to a full fledged group member.

For the record, he'd probably make my top 6 or 7 in the WWF.

And see, I went the whole post without mentioning that it might have
something to do with hating all things nWo and loving all things WWF
like every other brain dead lemming.

Said Guyon, See the mind of beastly man,
That hath so soone forgot the excellence
Of his creation, when he life began,
That now he chooseth, with vile difference,
To be a beast, and lacke intelligence.
To whom the Palmer thus, The donghill kind
Delights in filth and foule incontinence:
Let Grill be Grill, and haue his hoggish mind,
-Edmund Spenser

Mr. Lies

Mar 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/4/99
A bit late, I'll confess, but what the heck...

WCW:

1. Raven
2. Chris Jericho
3. Chris Benoit
4. Buff Bagwell
5. Rey Mysterio Jr.

WWF

1. The Undertaker (in spite of the Ministry crap)
2. Val Venis
3. Owen Hart
4. Too Much (as a unit...they're just so damn happy :)
5. Road Dog Jesse James

-Mr. Lies

David Tiemroth

Mar 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/6/99
In message <36e5f6b6...@news.mindspring.com> - dvora...@mindspring.com
(mdb) writes:
:>
(snip quite alot about Syxx)
:>For the record, he'd probably make my top 6 or 7 in the WWF.

:>
:>And see, I went the whole post without mentioning that it might have
:>something to do with hating all things nWo and loving all things WWF
:>like every other brain dead lemming.

So you'd rather see him choosing a WCW wrestler as his favorite
WWF wrestler?