I saved an injured animal today ...

Tonawanda Kardex

Jun 29, 2007, 5:31:05 PM6/29/07
And I don't even have kids.

Peach

Jun 29, 2007, 8:14:25 PM6/29/07
On Jun 29, 3:31 pm, Tonawanda Kardex <tonawandakar...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> And I don't even have kids.

What kind of animal?

I am weak when it comes to most animals...I'd swerve to save a ground
squirrel. Stoopid!1!

Peach

Frisbee®

Jun 29, 2007, 8:26:58 PM6/29/07
"Tonawanda Kardex" <tonawan...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> And I don't even have kids.

One day about 22 years ago I was driving home, rounding the last corner
before my apartment complex and saw a small, white puppy in a mud puddle,
right in the middle of my lane. Of course, I stopped. The puppy came right
to me, and I took it home. It was horribly flea-infested, so I wound up
spending all kinds of money getting it groomed and checked out by a vet.
This dog must have been the inspiration for the story of Clifford because I
swear the damn thing doubled in size every day for the next week. It was
like having a freakin' horse in the house. Fortunately, I had a friend stop
by who seemed taken by the dog and he adopted it.

Thinking I'd never do that again, almost the same exact thing happened
fifteen years later, only this time I was stepping out back of the office
for a smoke break. Like the last time, it had been raining, and it was
another puppy in a puddle, only it was black this time. At first it was
frightened at the sight of me, but then it came to me, fleas and all. This
time, however, I was married, so I called my wife with the intention of
telling her we needed to take the dog to the pound. Instead, she assumed I
meant for us to adopt it. And again, like Clifford, the dog grew like a
weed, only not quite to horse size. And this dog was one of the dopiest
hyper-active dogs I've ever seen. It wound up at the pound after a few
weeks and hundreds of dollars in vet bills.

Next time, I will not leave it to chance... straight to the pound.

I've already got a psychotic ankle-biter in the house.

Tonawanda Kardex

Jun 29, 2007, 10:15:04 PM6/29/07

Baby blue jay.

Bill Lang

Jun 29, 2007, 11:29:03 PM6/29/07
I don't chew my cabbage twice, Tonawanda Kardex
<tonawan...@gmail.com>

Blue Jays=Pretty Starlings.

They're rude, greedy, bullies and none of the other birds like
them. If they weren't pretty to look at, they'd be a pest species
like rats and possums.

--
wjlmuttatyeahwhodotcom

"I before E except after C, and E before N in chicken"

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 30, 2007, 7:15:36 AM6/30/07

I belonged to a Fish and Game Club for 20 years with about 60 cabins
and trailers - was president for 17. One day I found a dazed he-coon,
trapped it and took it home. We spent a few hundred at the vets and
the animal never really recovered. But it sure meade a great pet for a
year before we returned it to the woods.

I took him for a walk every day - no danger from dogs with him. But he
was a traffic stopper.

A not quite pet squirrel loose in a house with drapes is not a way to
impress the wife.

Hugh

Jon Enslin

Jun 30, 2007, 7:23:25 AM6/30/07
On Jun 29, 10:29 pm, Bill Lang <wjlm...@bitememindspring.com> wrote:
> I don't chew my cabbage twice, Tonawanda Kardex
> <tonawandakar...@gmail.com>

> > On Jun 29, 8:14 pm, Peach <strawbe...@copper.net> wrote:

> >> What kind of animal?
>
> >> I am weak when it comes to most animals...I'd swerve to save a
> >> ground squirrel. Stoopid!1!
>
> > Baby blue jay.
>
> Blue Jays=Pretty Starlings.
>
> They're rude, greedy, bullies and none of the other birds like
> them. If they weren't pretty to look at, they'd be a pest species
> like rats and possums.

Yeah, good job Kardex. You just made the world WORSER!@!!

Jon

Frisbee®

Jun 30, 2007, 7:51:16 AM6/30/07
"J. Hugh Sullivan" <Ea...@roadrunner.com> wrote in message

One summer working camp staff at a Boy Scout camp, one of the staff members
somehow managed to befriend a raccoon. He would set the raccoon on top of
his head and got some really wild looks from people who didn't see it
coming, thinking it was a coon skin cap.

Goro

Jun 30, 2007, 9:29:33 AM6/30/07

When i swerve to miss an animal on the road like a squirrel or
something, the animal normally scampers INTO the direction i'm
swerving and gets hit. I'm sure if i don't swerve that the animal
would also stay put. i figure the thing just has a death wish.

-goro-

abor...@redshark.goodshow.net

Jul 2, 2007, 11:00:31 AM7/2/07
Bill Lang <wjl...@bitememindspring.com> wrote:
> I don't chew my cabbage twice, Tonawanda Kardex
> <tonawan...@gmail.com>
>
>> On Jun 29, 8:14 pm, Peach <strawbe...@copper.net> wrote:

>>> What kind of animal?
>>>
>>> I am weak when it comes to most animals...I'd swerve to save a
>>> ground squirrel. Stoopid!1!
>>
>> Baby blue jay.
>>

> Blue Jays=Pretty Starlings.

Actually pretty crows...

> They're rude, greedy, bullies and none of the other birds like
> them. If they weren't pretty to look at, they'd be a pest species
> like rats and possums.

They are corvids - the same bird family as crows and ravens.

--
Aaron