Huck Finn 2010-anyone going?

Samantha

Feb 22, 2010, 12:08:26 PM2/22/10
Hey all,

So after the suckfest that was Vegas, I'm super reluctant to go to
another Cultimate tournament. In fact, I wouldn't even consider it if
it weren't for the fact that they draw the biggest competition. My
team is looking to make a big breakthrough this year and we could
really use the tough games.

But as of now, only 3 womens teams have even signed up. I know it's a
little premature, but we're little more than a month out and if no
more bids accumulate it's not even going to be worth it. Our other
choice is Fools Fest in Lawrence, KS which is supposed to be super fun
and also on Final Four weekend which has the potential to make that
town one of the best places to be at that time. It also doesn't
attract super competitive teams, which is a downside for us right
before the series begins.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone is planning on going to either of
these tournaments. It would be nice to know if we're going to be one
of three bids at Huck.

KK26

Feb 22, 2010, 12:45:03 PM2/22/10

I'm going to Fools Fest in Lawrence, KS!

-KK

Train-Wreck

Feb 22, 2010, 1:01:27 PM2/22/10

Huck Finn is happening the weekend after the UPA Regular Season ends.
It also is the weekend before some of the sectionals tournaments. That
will probably influence lots of teams decisions.

rhbi...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2010, 1:17:14 PM2/22/10
On Feb 22, 12:01 pm, Train-Wreck <ubzjsm...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm going to Fools Fest in Lawrence, KS too!

-Bigs

tim hopp

Feb 22, 2010, 1:22:04 PM2/22/10
So the games played at Huck Finn will not count as UPA
sanctioned games? That is the only reason our team was going
to attend- to get the minimum amount of sanctioned games to
help our section...
--
Posted from http://www.rsdnospam.com

Naji

Feb 22, 2010, 2:35:52 PM2/22/10
Huck Finn will NOT BE UPA sanctioned. I encourage teams to go to Fools
Fest at KU instead on that weekend. Great tourney with possibly the
greatest party of the year (on the same weekend of the NCAA final 4,
KU bball should be in it....)

My school has decided to never again attend a Cultimate event and hope
others do so as well.

-Naji
Missouri S&T Miner Threat

huckinterrapin

Feb 22, 2010, 2:45:22 PM2/22/10
Fools Fest is a tight localy run tournament now in it's 29th year.
This event has the potential to be the best weekend of your life while
Cultimate events have the potential to be the worst. The choice is
clear. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!
http://www.horrorzontals.com/foolsfest/

Duchamanos

Feb 22, 2010, 5:43:47 PM2/22/10
Rumor has it that Karl Doege will step up and play for the Jayhawks
during the final four, guaranteeing an outlandishly high scoring
victory and the resulting naked people on light posts party that took
place two years ago. While I never feel comfortable saying KU is good
at anything, Fool's Fest is a definite must this year for anyone
looking for good competition, better drinking, and a chance to see Axl
in a rare bare-chested moment. Did you know that guy has absolutely
no tan lines? He'll show his taint to prove it!

UBER_IHUC

Feb 22, 2010, 7:44:04 PM2/22/10
I suspect Fools Fest will be a fun time, but I would imagine
that it will also not be UPA sanctioned because it falls
outside their ordained regular season- unless they got some
kind of special deal going with the UPA?

Captain Crunch

Feb 22, 2010, 7:53:58 PM2/22/10
I'm going to the Fools Fest party in Lawrence, KS!

-Caleb

Naji

Feb 22, 2010, 9:42:32 PM2/22/10
Neither will be sanctioned as the the UPA regular season ends on March
31; but Fools Fest is $50 cheaper and will be a helluva lot better
time. This is the 29th year the tourney is ran, and I have yet to hear
complaints from past tournaments held by KU (unlike almost every
Cultimate tourney). Teams, please save your money and don't waste it
on Cultimate tournaments.

-Naji

Robbie Reynolds

Feb 22, 2010, 11:58:05 PM2/22/10
I think Fool's Fest is the place to be this year. You can come
witness this if we win the big game again.
http://media.lawrence.com/img/photos/2008/04/08/KU_fans_eldridge7087.jpg
Get your bids in!

CKN

Feb 24, 2010, 10:55:29 AM2/24/10
Isn't the big game played on Monday night?

The Dick Formerly Known As Dennis

Feb 24, 2010, 11:35:23 AM2/24/10
Final Four is on Saturday night. 2 years ago, KU beat UNC that
Saturday, and you could barely get to the Granada. Imagine Bourbon
St. x infinity.

CKN

Feb 24, 2010, 11:46:41 AM2/24/10
I wasn't talking smack. I'm sure your tourney is fun I was
just confused by Robbie's statement.

The Dick Formerly Known As Dennis

Feb 24, 2010, 1:39:48 PM2/24/10
No smack taken. I don't even go to KU. I hate KU.

But they do know how to throw a mean Final Four Party.

Nate

Feb 24, 2010, 2:15:43 PM2/24/10
Awful lot of eggs being counted in Lawrence prior to their hatching.
Just make sure everyone has cars at the ready in case the Final Four
party is 150 miles away in Columbia, MO baby.

-MH (on Nate's account)

rhbi...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2010, 2:15:48 PM2/24/10
On Feb 24, 12:39 pm, The Dick Formerly Known As Dennis
<isar...@hotmail.com> wrote:

This is true Dennis does hate KU, I think it has something to do with
his broken hand.

In 2008 the streets were flooded with people no less than three times.
Once, after beating Davidson. Once, After beating UNC. Once, after
beating Memphis. I can see where the confusion came from.

Robbie Reynolds

Feb 24, 2010, 7:13:49 PM2/24/10

I refer to the Final Four game as the big game and the National
Championship game as the Enormously Gargantuan game, sorry for the
confusion. Either way the Fool's party/Mass st. will be awesome.

Tim Hoarty

Feb 25, 2010, 1:14:56 AM2/25/10
what's the forecast in lawrence this year?

i'll be ass to ass on mass. st like everyone else
--
http://www.rigmodisc.com