Would Usain Bolt on USA made the difference?

1 view

booga...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2008, 5:12:23 AM8/17/08
This summary from Match Diesel got me thinking.

"Canada comes back with ANOTHER huck to Mike Grant, he's just blowing
up, there is no answer for him. "

Canada had some of the GOAT guys (not sure how many) and they beat USA
17-15.

I've seen Usain and Grant go head-to-head deep before (Potlatch '06).
I bet Grant
doesn't get but half of the hucks caught with Mr. 'World 100' on him.

Does it make sense to have a core team (i.e. Sockeye) and then add a
few all-star players from other planets?

-jd

Pete

Aug 17, 2008, 12:39:28 PM8/17/08
No, but I bet he would have helped the Jamaican team.

jacob

Aug 17, 2008, 12:39:43 PM8/17/08
Yes, that does make sense. However, as Sockeye are the current
national champs, I think we should respect their decision not to pick
up Usain Bolt, regardless of whether we agree with it.

Thaddeu...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2008, 5:41:51 PM8/17/08

Why doesn't Usain Bolt like Canada?

BANK

Aug 17, 2008, 7:14:17 PM8/17/08

Usain Bolt was at Potlach '06????
No way.....

Aug 17, 2008, 9:03:52 PM8/17/08
Totally. He was on Track Star Mini Bar, a bunch of current and former
track athletes that put a team together. They gave out awesome gifts.

roch...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2008, 10:30:14 PM8/19/08

Who said he doesn't like Canada? He is only 21..What does he even
know about Canada.

jacob

Aug 19, 2008, 11:35:03 PM8/19/08
Wait a minute, Bolt is from Jamaica. That's not one of the states.

Kirby

Aug 20, 2008, 1:33:35 AM8/20/08

Seriously?

ad...@softshare.com

Aug 20, 2008, 2:49:21 AM8/20/08
On Aug 19, 8:35 pm, jacob <jacobsi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Wait a minute, Bolt is from Jamaica.  That's not one of the states.

Perhaps not, but it fucking should be. If we're hooked on the 50
stars in the flag thing, I'm sure we could vote some loser state off
the island. Or off in favor of the island, I suppose. They gave us
Bob Marley, steel drums, Toots and the Maytals, Pass the Dutchie, the
award winning combination of pot and dreads and Cool Runnings. I'm
sure there are a bunch of states that haven't accomplished half of
that in the post WWII era.

~p

danfri...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2008, 2:45:02 PM8/20/08

Toss WV.

Dave

Aug 20, 2008, 2:51:51 PM8/20/08
On Aug 20, 2:45 pm, "danfrisbee...@yahoo.com"

You could just combine a couple of states to make room. I mean CT
should have already swallowed up RI by now. And who doesn't dream of
the day when Pennsylvania and Kentucky are united as Pennsyltucky?
Shoot, if we combine all the Carolinas, Virginias and Dakotas we'd
even have room to add in some of our other neighbors as well!

see_el_bee

Aug 20, 2008, 3:08:55 PM8/20/08

pics or it didn't happen

ultimate7

Aug 20, 2008, 4:57:19 PM8/20/08

I'll give you a hint, I didn't happen

booga...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2008, 5:57:41 AM8/21/08

Yeah, it was actually pretty epic to watch. Usain definitively
answered the "Chase or Usain?" question when he jumped over Chase
while reeling in a bladey huck thrown by Jerome Young (Gold in the
4x400m relay in Athens; subsequently banned for life for doping. Never
a very good hucker.). However, his I/O flick was quite unreliable, so
most ultimate purists wrote him off as a one-trick (scoring) pony who
could never develop the necessary all-around tools to make an elite
club team.

Douglas T Lilley

Aug 21, 2008, 8:21:57 AM8/21/08

I bet there's some club out there who would take a chance on him...

Mimmo

Aug 31, 2008, 4:58:52 PM8/31/08
On Aug 19, 11:49 pm, ad...@softshare.com wrote:
>  They gave us steel drums,
>
>      ~p

steel drums are from Trinidad and Tobago

MrP...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2008, 12:45:13 AM9/1/08
> >  They gave us steel drums,
> steel drums are from Trinidad and Tobago

Dude, you're totally harshing my mellow, but credit where it's due:
Trinidad and Tobago gave them to Jamaica, Jamaica gave them to me.
Credit of course to you for setting me straight as well as those who I
misled.

Also, there used to be an ultimate player in our town from TnT and she
kinda bummed me out when she told me that, no, I shouldn't call folks
from Tobago "Tobagans." Come to think of it, I don't know if she'd
approve of me abbreviating the country as "TNT," either, but I did ask
ACDC and they said the acronym was, and I quote, "dynamite."

~p
Clearly, my body would be better off if I were to give it sleep right
now instead of more beer.

Mimmo

Sep 2, 2008, 3:08:45 AM9/2/08

sorry don't mean to be a dick, but i used to play pan, so i'm picky...