How do you get kicked out of ultimate????

A-ron

Nov 1, 2002, 11:53:28 AM11/1/02
I was sitting in my chair, soaking up the Sarasota sun, watching
Sockeye eliminate Chain in the quarters, when Sockeye's coach starts
yelling something about not having observers for the game, "He hates
Sockeye, we got him kicked out of ultimate for two years!"

I had no idea that they were referring to the RSD "legend" Mike G.

What I want to know is how did Sockeye get Mike "kicked out of
ultimate", what did mike do to deserve this, and what does being
"kicked out" mean???

Is there a secret ultimate police that shoots the banished if they
touch a disc????

Did his UPA membership get revoked???? No ultimate for you - TWO
YEAR! Next!

Could he still order from Gaia???

Jason Dorje Short

Nov 1, 2002, 1:51:17 PM11/1/02
A-ron wrote:

> What I want to know is how did Sockeye get Mike "kicked out of
> ultimate", what did mike do to deserve this, and what does being
> "kicked out" mean???

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:thl2326419697d&dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=SzUc8.23%24r4.989%40news.uchicago.edu

Brian Canniff

Nov 1, 2002, 1:57:51 PM11/1/02
No, that's how you get kicked out of IHOP. Had to learn that one the hard
way. Mary and her temper!

Jason Dorje Short

Nov 1, 2002, 2:02:34 PM11/1/02
Brian Canniff wrote:
> No, that's how you get kicked out of IHOP. Had to learn that one the hard
> way. Mary and her temper!

Don't confuse Saltworks II with a mere IHOP.

jason

Mike Gerics

Nov 1, 2002, 2:32:14 PM11/1/02

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:thl2326419697d&dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe
=UTF-8&selm=SzUc8.23%24r4.989%40news.uchicago.edu

---why is this link in this thread?
great link...wrong story!

Mike Gerics

Nov 1, 2002, 2:33:59 PM11/1/02
"He hates
> Sockeye, we got him kicked out of ultimate for two years!"

---to begin with, i fear that the sockeye coach has personal problems with
me that stem back to my college teams whoopin' his team's butt for several
years as Carleton began their rise to power.
he has even stood outside of a port o pottie that i was pissing in shouting
at me..."why aren't you talkin' shit now mike?"....after the team i coach
whooped his former team's butt at college nationals a few years ago......
i can really only guess...that he has some personal problems...

but to set the record straight..i don't hate Sockeye any more or any less
than any other team.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> What I want to know is how did Sockeye get Mike "kicked out of
> ultimate", what did mike do to deserve this, and what does being
> "kicked out" mean???

---i dry mouth foam spit at a Sockeye who was acting like a fuck face as
they defeated a former team of mine back at 95?96? nationals.
it was a horrible mistake that no one should repeat.

however, i have seen actual fist fights between athletes on the ultimate
field and no one was red carded, asked to leave the game, asked to leave the
tournament, asked to take a sub......and no one filed what is known as..."a
formal complaint" in those situations.
Sockeye took the spitting incident to the highest power, filing formal
complaints and doing all they could to rid the sport of the one and only
evil that has ever reared it's head in the sport's history....

the result....was a one year suspension from UPA sponsored events.

during that year...the Warriors were formed from the rag tag bunch of summer
leaguers and young UNCW Seamen...

the results couldn't have been better for anyone around here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Is there a secret ultimate police that shoots the banished if they
> touch a disc????

---nope...just the same secret police that make sure that i was not on a
roster during the year that i was suspended.
i was able to practice with, coach and teach my new team and
teammates....which is my true love in the sport...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Did his UPA membership get revoked????

---yes, but it was reinstated the following year.
that following fall i became the NC Fall CLUB Season Mens Section
Coordinator. so, i went from being banned, to serving the UPA and it's
members. it was a way to...reabilitate myself i guess.
and after that fall...i became the NC College SC...a job that i hold today
and will try to hold until the day i die.....hopefully the college athletes
of NC in the future will be calling me POPS when i am an old fella walking
around with a cane organizing the best goddamn section in the nation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No ultimate for you - TWO
> YEAR! Next!

---well...they didn't stop me from playing ultimate.
nothing could do that.
but i was not eligible to compete in the fall series.

and in that fall series, i was not really even to "be affiliated" with the
Warriors. i sat in the back endzone and cheered for them...but nothing
more.
the Warriors failed to advance beyond sectionals in that, our first year.
but we did have 2 sweet come from behind wins over area teams...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Could he still order from Gaia???

---could have...but wouldn't have...had they even existed then.

Jason Dorje Short

Nov 1, 2002, 2:39:59 PM11/1/02

It was a joke...not without a grain of truth, though.

jason

Kevin

Nov 1, 2002, 7:06:08 PM11/1/02
"Mike Gerics" <des...@digitizing4embroidery.com> wrote in message news:<us5lee9...@corp.supernews.com>...

<snip>

> ---i dry mouth foam spit at a Sockeye who was acting like a fuck face as
> they defeated a former team of mine back at 95?96? nationals.
> it was a horrible mistake that no one should repeat.

Just to set the record straight on this A-ron. And Mike, I'm
responding to some of your statements but writing this as a reply to
A-ron's question.

Mike was suspended for one year because he spit in the faces of two
different Sockeye players in two completely separate incidents at
Nationals in Plano, TX in 1996. He originally denied the charges. It
was subsequently discovered that both of these incidents were captured
on videotape and Mike thereafter cooperated to the extent that he
wrote letters to the spittees apologizing for spitting "at" them.

From what I could see on the videotape I didn't see any untoward
behavior from the Sockeye players in these incidents. In one case it
looked like one of them stepped on Mike's ankle or foot in a
stopped-play stack, to which Mike responded by hobbling around a bit
and then going over to him and spitting in his face. In the other
case, a PCS player scored and then spiked the disc in the direction of
his Sockeye defender. The disc bounced and then hit the Sockeye
player. The Sockeye complained in the direction of the nearest
observer. Several PCS players responded by crowding around and
berating this Sockeye player. It was during this crowding and
shouting that Mike spit in the face of the Sockeye player.

The spittings were preceded by Mike receiving 4 different complaints
about his behavior while coaching the UNCW women's team during the
1996 College Nationals. There was no way for the UPA Conduct
Committee to make a clear determination as to Mike's culpability in
these complaints although one of the complaints came from the UPA's
Managing Director (equivalent to today's Executive Director). The
Conduct Committee advised that Mike receive a public "admonition" to
evaluate his behavior, which was published in the UPA Newsletter.

> however, i have seen actual fist fights between athletes on the ultimate
> field and no one was red carded, asked to leave the game, asked to leave the
> tournament, asked to take a sub......and no one filed what is known as..."a
> formal complaint" in those situations.
> Sockeye took the spitting incident to the highest power, filing formal
> complaints and doing all they could to rid the sport of the one and only
> evil that has ever reared it's head in the sport's history....

Actually, I would rate Sockeye's part in this as minimal. Jon G
submitted the complaint as a one sentence email and it took some
effort to get statements from the spittees. Even though Mike was (and
arguably is) a somewhat infamous figure the UPA had no agenda
regarding Mike. The main of it was that the Conduct Committee
followed through on its assigned duty and there happened to be video
evidence of what happened.

FWIW,
Kevin Hatch
former UPA Board Member and Conduct Committee Chair

tbeatty15

Nov 2, 2002, 12:24:02 PM11/2/02
<<<<<How do you get kicked out of ultimate????>>>

I don't.

"A-ron" <areh...@c4fc.org> wrote in message

Mike Gerics

Nov 4, 2002, 2:00:03 PM11/4/02
He originally denied the charges. It
> was subsequently discovered that both of these incidents were captured
> on videotape

---that video.....is lame...and doesn't show much at all...
rather...inconclusive...to say the least.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> The spittings were preceded by Mike receiving 4 different complaints
> about his behavior while coaching the UNCW women's team during the
> 1996 College Nationals.

---and all of them were some crap as well.
unfounded...and nothing to have found.
just a bunch of babies that got their asses worked by a far superior team.
and...you could have mentioned how each of the observers who we had during
that tournament...reported nothing except UNCW kicking the shit out of
everyone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was no way for the UPA Conduct
> Committee to make a clear determination as to Mike's culpability in
> these complaints although one of the complaints came from the UPA's
> Managing Director (equivalent to today's Executive Director).

---cindy fisher...that fat ugly piece of shit?
come on....
she tried to incite a riot with her foul breath and green teeth....
she is a cock.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> arguably is) a somewhat infamous figure the UPA had no agenda
> regarding Mike. The main of it was that the Conduct Committee
> followed through on its assigned duty and there happened to be video
> evidence of what happened.

---a witch hunt by any other name...is still a bunch of geeks with nothing
better to do.

leonardo

Nov 5, 2002, 12:55:43 AM11/5/02
such vitriol!

Mike, I hate to point out the obvious, but you've never sounded so
bitter and tense before in your frequent and entertaining RSD posts.

This latest response is far beyond the pale of your relatively amusing
and frequent RSD posts, which, even with their misanthropic and often
misplaced diagnoses, never fail to hit on some primal level of both
reason and righteousness.

But this one I can only categorize in "sore loser" territory, which is
very far from everything you stand for.

Tell us what we should listen to: these character attacks here, or the
"put up or shut up" mentality you are more famous for these days,
which most readers and players, I would say, can appreciate.

Can't have both.

Mike Gerics

Nov 5, 2002, 8:33:27 AM11/5/02

> such vitriol!

---don't know what that means.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Mike, I hate to point out the obvious, but you've never sounded so
> bitter and tense before in your frequent and entertaining RSD posts.

---sorry....i am not writing any differently.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> But this one I can only categorize in "sore loser" territory, which is
> very far from everything you stand for.

---uhm...quite the opposite.
the year suspension was great for me....and for the team on which i now
play, and for many of the tournaments here in wilmington...
i'm not sore at all.

i think there are far worse things that have happened in the sport that
caused no one to be suspended, red carded or asked to leave a tournament.

thats why i feel that, primarily, my suspension was a witch hunt....
not even a warning to other athletes who were fist fighting and cheating and
tripping and slamming and beating up and tripping other athletes over bikes
on the sideline.......just, a single effort to remove one person perceived
as the only thing wrong with ultimate by a bunch of faggittie ole spirit
geeks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Tell us what we should listen to: these character attacks here, or the
> "put up or shut up" mentality you are more famous for these days,
> which most readers and players, I would say, can appreciate.

---you, can do whatever ya like.

JT

Nov 5, 2002, 10:26:22 AM11/5/02
"Mike Gerics" <des...@digitizing4embroidery.com> wrote in message news:<usdgiap...@corp.supernews.com>...

> There was no way for the UPA Conduct
> > Committee to make a clear determination as to Mike's culpability in
> > these complaints although one of the complaints came from the UPA's
> > Managing Director (equivalent to today's Executive Director).
>
> ---cindy fisher...that fat ugly piece of shit?
> come on....
> she tried to incite a riot with her foul breath and green teeth....
> she is a cock.

I have to agree if it is the same person Mike is talking about. She
had it in for BOTH the men and womens teams (the mens I know) that
year. In our game against UCSB (the men that is) she was calling us a
bunch of cheaters and such. Anybody who watched that game would know
different as it was a very intense game but I thought spirited
considering what was at stake. I think final score was 17-16 (I know
it was a one point game) for UNCW. At the party later, she started
talking saying the same stuff and really pissed off a few of the men
players who let her know about it.

As far as the womens finals, I did not see Mike go overboard (probably
less than he does now even).

Just trying to set the record straight.
JT

Mike Gerics

Nov 5, 2002, 11:43:44 AM11/5/02

> I have to agree if it is the same person Mike is talking about.

---sweet!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

In our game against UCSB (the men that is) she was calling us a
> bunch of cheaters and such. Anybody who watched that game would know
> different

---exactly.
same as with the uncw women at the same nationals.
the observers said that the seaweed played by the rules and made appropriate
calls and that this particular coach was not out of control.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
final score was 17-16 for UNCW.

--awesome game.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the party later, she started
> talking saying the same stuff and really pissed off a few of the men
> players who let her know about it.

---exactly.
and she pulled that sort of crap where she walks up and starts talking shit
to the people 'around' the people that she is talking shit about...
so that she is accidentally overheard...
you can see where this might piss some folks off who are overhearing...
which leads to a poorly begun conversation....and an inappropriate way to
begin a conversation or investigation or any other sort of
communication...for a upa official, for a person, for anything or anyone.

this...is why she is false spirit of the game at it's peak.
and this is the thing you praise......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> As far as the womens finals, I did not see Mike go overboard (probably>
less than he does now even).

---except for when i had the uncw seamen throw that blond haired guy into
the stinky ditch that ran along the field after he ran out onto the field
and body slammed little leslie petty....man that guy was a drunken
dumbass...
i mean, he ran out and assaulted a uncw woman athlete...and no one filed a
formal complaint....
...andre or something...
~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Just trying to set the record straight.

---jt, it is the same woman.
thank god not everyone has to like the same people.
hopefully no one will call you out in their future post as 'appalling' for
having a similar experience with this lady.

Steve Peterson

Nov 5, 2002, 11:31:18 AM11/5/02
But how would one get kicked out ?
Let's see the list of stuff that gets one an expulsion.
How about whipping out ones genitals to taunt the opponent ?
Should that get you kicked out ?

tbeatty15 <tandb...@coastalnet.com> wrote in message

Dan

Nov 5, 2002, 12:47:12 PM11/5/02
> ---a witch hunt by any other name...is still a bunch of geeks with nothing
> better to do.

speaking of geeks with nothing better to do...how many times do you
post on google in a day?

clearly it was more than just a witch hunt. i would give you the
benefit of doubt if it was just one or two people pointing their
finger...but you've got many people from coast to coast claiming the
same thing. you can make all the excuses you want (...we were just
kicking their asses...the complaints were bullshit...unfounded...blah
blah blah) but there is clearly a reason that this shit happened (and
still happens?) to you...

maybe you should look at yourself

Mike Gerics

Nov 5, 2002, 2:17:12 PM11/5/02

> speaking of geeks with nothing better to do...how many times do you
> post on google in a day?

---what's google?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> clearly it was more than just a witch hunt. i would give you the
> benefit of doubt if it was just one or two people pointing their
> finger...

---or poking them up their fannies...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

but you've got many people from coast to coast claiming the
> same thing.

---and worse.
~~~~~~~~~~~

you can make all the excuses you want

---excuses are the nails that build the house of failure.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(...we were just
> kicking their asses...the complaints were bullshit...unfounded...blah
> blah blah) but there is clearly a reason that this shit happened (and
> still happens?) to you...

---what shit happens?
what shit happened?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> maybe you should look at yourself

---i look good.

tim cobb

Nov 5, 2002, 5:48:25 PM11/5/02
Mike G= the Pete Rose of Ultimate.

flash

Andy Tolhurst

Nov 6, 2002, 9:26:10 AM11/6/02
"Mike G= the Pete Rose of Ultimate."

He was taking bets? Will this affect his chance at a place in the hall of
fame? Mike, I was not a PCS at the time of this alleged money scandel but
I'll take a modest amount to keep quiet.

leonardo

Nov 6, 2002, 12:34:34 PM11/6/02
"Mike Gerics" <des...@digitizing4embroidery.com> wrote in message

> thats why i feel that, primarily, my suspension was a witch hunt....

> not even a warning to other athletes who were fist fighting and cheating and
> tripping and slamming and beating up and tripping other athletes over bikes
> on the sideline.......just, a single effort to remove one person perceived
> as the only thing wrong with ultimate by a bunch of faggittie ole spirit
> geeks.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wait a second, this persecution complex has to have its roots in
something. Wouldn't you say you have some personal responsibility for
your actions, never mind what other are doing, whether "tripping
people with bikes" or "slamming" them?

Sure, perhaps they should face some sort of punishment. But wouldn't
it be proper to accept responsibility for one's own actions and not
worry about others.

And for the record, we know that the first person on record to be
banned from the UPA for tournaments was Arnold Sanchez. You are not
alone...

TL

Mike Gerics

Nov 6, 2002, 12:40:20 PM11/6/02

> "Mike G= the Pete Rose of Ultimate."

---but much better looking.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> I'll take a modest amount to keep quiet.

---very very modest.

Garrett Dyer

Nov 6, 2002, 12:59:50 PM11/6/02
On 6 Nov 2002 09:34:34 -0800, to...@rivative.com (leonardo) wrote:

>Wait a second, this persecution complex has to have its roots in
>something. Wouldn't you say you have some personal responsibility for
>your actions

Taking personal responsibility for a misdeed and agreeing with the
punishment are two separate things.

If I may: Mike believes he shouldn't have done what he did, but
doesn't think that it necessitated banishment for a year in light of
other events that went unpunished, which are seemingly as bad or worse
than his misdeed.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, mind you...

Mike Gerics

Nov 6, 2002, 1:26:21 PM11/6/02

> Sure, perhaps they should face some sort of punishment. But wouldn't
> it be proper to accept responsibility for one's own actions and not
> worry about others.

---i did ya little runt!
i warn others to not spit at opponents.
i was suspended for a year.
i have given back to the sport.
i accept responsibility and have tried to mend my ways.

however...being suspended for something like a drymouth foam spit when
others are clearing the benches...is pretty much rediculous.
especially...because the start of the witch hunt was from a college coaching
season...where the observers could not and would not back up the accusations
by a bunch of brats.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> And for the record, we know that the first person on record to be
> banned from the UPA for tournaments was Arnold Sanchez. You are not
> alone...

---i know. why are you telling me?
that guy is a menace...and should probably not be allowed to play again at
all....
what did he do?
play on a college team, when not in school.....
something whackie like that?

Mike Gerics

Nov 6, 2002, 1:27:00 PM11/6/02
> Taking personal responsibility for a misdeed and agreeing with the
> punishment are two separate things.
>
> If I may: Mike believes he shouldn't have done what he did, but
> doesn't think that it necessitated banishment for a year in light of
> other events that went unpunished, which are seemingly as bad or worse
> than his misdeed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yes.

faddy

Nov 6, 2002, 2:30:43 PM11/6/02
SHE....did the same sorta crap at '93 nationals (collegiate). I agree
that as a represenatvive of the UPA, she was appalling.......at times.
Whether or not she did lots of good, i never witnessed. I witnessed
drunken belligerence. That shoulda been left for me.
my $.02.

Mike Gerics

Nov 6, 2002, 2:53:33 PM11/6/02

> SHE....did the same sorta crap at '93 nationals (collegiate). I agree
> that as a represenatvive of the UPA, she was appalling.......at times.
> Whether or not she did lots of good, i never witnessed. I witnessed
> drunken belligerence. That shoulda been left for me.
> my $.02.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

was she the dumb wench that strolled out onto the field to talk shit to the
UNCW Seamen as we whooped up on UCSB in the finals in 93????

holy moly.....
this lady has got a dag-gone personal problem.

and...i guess that having it pointed out to her by myself...was a good
reason for her to have it in for me and other UNCW athletes along the way.
but...like i said...she has a personal problem.

leonardo

Nov 7, 2002, 12:05:10 AM11/7/02
"Mike Gerics" <des...@digitizing4embroidery.com> wrote in message news:<usinb93...@corp.supernews.com>...

> > Sure, perhaps they should face some sort of punishment. But wouldn't
> > it be proper to accept responsibility for one's own actions and not
> > worry about others.
>
> ---i did ya little runt!
> i warn others to not spit at opponents.
> i was suspended for a year.
> i have given back to the sport.
> i accept responsibility and have tried to mend my ways.

agreed

> however...being suspended for something like a drymouth foam spit when
> others are clearing the benches...is pretty much rediculous.

ok, so we are back to worrying about the actions of others, are we
not. fer chrissakes, you can't have your anger-at-others complex and
victim complex at the same time!

> especially...because the start of the witch hunt was from a college coaching
> season...where the observers could not and would not back up the accusations
> by a bunch of brats.

look, is everyone against you a runt, brat, bitch, cunt, witch, faggot
and asshole. Seriously -- every one of them?

Again stating the obvious - YOU ARE A BORING BROKEN FUCKING RECORD

And for the record, I have met you severl times and have absolutely
nothing personal against you whatsoever. In fact, I would say that I
have some sense of admiration for things that you have done, not that
you would care and not that I am someone special

But goddamn for once can you quit attacking every single person, place
or thing that somehow strikes your fancy? IT SUCKS and IT IS BORING
and STUPID and well, you know, all that jazz.

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > And for the record, we know that the first person on record to be
> > banned from the UPA for tournaments was Arnold Sanchez. You are not
> > alone...
>
> ---i know. why are you telling me?

because it is you against the world Mike, isn't it?

Mike Gerics

Nov 7, 2002, 9:42:14 AM11/7/02
fer chrissakes, you can't have your anger-at-others complex and
> victim complex at the same time!

---really? i can do anything.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> look, is everyone against you a runt, brat, bitch, cunt, witch, faggot>
and asshole. Seriously -- every one of them?

--nope.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Again stating the obvious - YOU ARE A BORING BROKEN FUCKING RECORD

---then...why do you keep writing to me about the same thing?
and...i guess this thread was more for people that didn't know about my
being suspended for a year...not for those of YOU who have followed the
breaking news from the start and just can't get enough of it.
the thread was more like a history lesson...rather than anything for you.
have you ever taken history class...it's boring...especially for those that
have already learned the subject matter....it's like...a broken fucking
record....except that some people claim to have either lived it...or have a
better understanding of it.
which are you?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> And for the record, I have met you severl times and have absolutely
> nothing personal against you whatsoever. In fact, I would say that I
> have some sense of admiration for things that you have done, not that
> you would care and not that I am someone special

---right.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> But goddamn for once can you quit attacking every single person, place
> or thing that somehow strikes your fancy? IT SUCKS and IT IS BORING
> and STUPID and well, you know, all that jazz.

---just because you were called a runt?
come on dude...toughen up!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> > > banned from the UPA for tournaments was Arnold Sanchez.

> > ---i know. why are you telling me?
>
> because it is you against the world Mike, isn't it?

---how is telling me about Arnold....making it me against the world?
i mean...ya lost me on this one fella.
i don't understand.

russ

Nov 7, 2002, 10:10:25 AM11/7/02
"Mike Gerics" <des...@digitizing4embroidery.com> wrote:

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > look, is everyone against you a runt, brat, bitch, cunt, witch, faggot>
> and asshole. Seriously -- every one of them?
>
> --nope.

For instance, I've been labeled a dork. There are so many epithets to choose
from, I would think any list could be expanded upon.

russ

Matthew Marley Mitchell

Nov 7, 2002, 1:31:49 PM11/7/02
> Again stating the obvious - YOU ARE A BORING BROKEN FUCKING RECORD

Well said

> But goddamn for once can you quit attacking every single person, place
> or thing that somehow strikes your fancy? IT SUCKS and IT IS BORING
> and STUPID and well, you know, all that jazz.
>

> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > > And for the record, we know that the first person on record to be
> > > banned from the UPA for tournaments was Arnold Sanchez. You are not
> > > alone...

Agreed, enough with the Self obsessed Mike Gerics made for TV specials.

As long as shit is being stirred who else is in the UPA Hall of Shame.
What did Arnold Sanchez do?

MMM

leonardo

Nov 7, 2002, 5:41:06 PM11/7/02
"Mike Gerics" <des...@digitizing4embroidery.com> wrote in message news:<uskuj8q...@corp.supernews.com>...

> fer chrissakes, you can't have your anger-at-others complex and
> > victim complex at the same time!
>
> ---really? i can do anything.

well, being able to write anything that pops into your mind on RSD is
different than being able to do anything.

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > look, is everyone against you a runt, brat, bitch, cunt, witch, faggot>
> and asshole. Seriously -- every one of them?
>
> --nope.

how about most of them?

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > Again stating the obvious - YOU ARE A BORING BROKEN FUCKING RECORD
>
> ---then...why do you keep writing to me about the same thing?

this is the first time I have written about you and this subject in
this forum Mike

> and...i guess this thread was more for people that didn't know about my
> being suspended for a year...not for those of YOU who have followed the
> breaking news from the start and just can't get enough of it.
> the thread was more like a history lesson...rather than anything for you.
> have you ever taken history class...it's boring...especially for those that
> have already learned the subject matter....it's like...a broken fucking
> record....except that some people claim to have either lived it...or have a
> better understanding of it.

I agree completely. the majority of this thread works, is useful, is
more-or-less germane to the state of ultimate. but the character
attacks are unnecessary and your weak defenses and constant antagonism
have nothing to do with the "History lesson", correct?

> > But goddamn for once can you quit attacking every single person, place
> > or thing that somehow strikes your fancy? IT SUCKS and IT IS BORING
> > and STUPID and well, you know, all that jazz.
>
> ---just because you were called a runt?
> come on dude...toughen up!

dont be a fool. you could call me anything in the world and it
wouldn't mean a thing to me. get off your high horse.

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> > > ---i know. why are you telling me?
> >
> > because it is you against the world Mike, isn't it?
>

> ---how is telling me about Arnold....making it me against the world?
> i mean...ya lost me on this one fella.
> i don't understand.

Ok, let me drop down a few grade levels to make the metaphor work

You, mike G are subject of "a witch hunt by any other name...is still

a bunch of geeks with nothing better to do."

The witch hunt being those nefarious geeks that run the UPA.

You being the presumable sole victim of the witch hunt.

If "they" were just out to target one person, that being you, Mike,
why would thay have also banned another person, namely Mr. Sanchez?
Was Mr. Sanchez the victim of a witch hunt?

The heart of the matter -- do you really, honestly, truly believe that
the UPA was out to get you because of who you are and not because of
your actions?

judd

Nov 8, 2002, 3:13:10 AM11/8/02
mmm1...@f-m.fm (Matthew Marley Mitchell) wrote in message news:<67c72eb1.02110...@posting.google.com>...

> As long as shit is being stirred who else is in the UPA Hall of Shame.
> What did Arnold Sanchez do?

Mike's Mom.

> MMM

A-ron

Nov 8, 2002, 9:10:58 AM11/8/02
to...@rivative.com (leonardo) wrote in message news:<343eb613.0211...@posting.google.com>...

> "Mike Gerics" <des...@digitizing4embroidery.com> wrote in message news:<uskuj8q...@corp.supernews.com>...
> > fer chrissakes, you can't have your anger-at-others complex and
> > > victim complex at the same time!
> >
> > ---really? i can do anything.
>
> well, being able to write anything that pops into your mind on RSD is
> different than being able to do anything.

What insight you have.

> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > > look, is everyone against you a runt, brat, bitch, cunt, witch, faggot>
> > and asshole. Seriously -- every one of them?
> >
> > --nope.
>
> how about most of them?

You seem like the bratty bitch type.

> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > > Again stating the obvious - YOU ARE A BORING BROKEN FUCKING RECORD

In this thread....I think YOU sound like the BORING BROKEN FUCKING
RECORD.

I personally like the geeks that run the UPA. I hope to help run it
myself some day. Geeks can be cool people to know.

> You being the presumable sole victim of the witch hunt.
>
> If "they" were just out to target one person, that being you, Mike,
> why would thay have also banned another person, namely Mr. Sanchez?
> Was Mr. Sanchez the victim of a witch hunt?

That does not logically follow.

> The heart of the matter -- do you really, honestly, truly believe that
> the UPA was out to get you because of who you are and not because of
> your actions?

What mike thinks, I think, is that if Joe Nobody had done what he did,
no one would have really cared. But, because he is a vocal person
with a bit of notoriety, he got jumped on. Many people who choose to
wear their opinion on their sleeve end up getting a hard time for it,
and Mike G certainly seems like one of them.

I don't know why you keep posting, seems like you are trying to "get a
rise out of the hot-head", pretty juvenile in my opinion.

Mike Gerics

Nov 8, 2002, 9:46:17 AM11/8/02

"leonardo" <to...@rivative.com> wrote in message
> [...]

Mike Gerics

Nov 8, 2002, 10:03:43 AM11/8/02

> this is the first time I have written about you and this subject in
> this forum Mike

--second now.
~~~~~~~~~~~

> I agree completely. the majority of this thread works, is useful, is
> more-or-less germane to the state of ultimate. but the character
> attacks are unnecessary and your weak defenses and constant antagonism
> have nothing to do with the "History lesson", correct?

---you wanna write about name calling?
what weak defenses?
i think that you have a problem, because i don't think there have been any
defenses at all.
none.
if you're mistaking that there have been...then you have a personal problem.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> dont be a fool. you could call me anything in the world and it
> wouldn't mean a thing to me. get off your high horse.

---if you get called a name...by anyone, i don't think that that puts them
on a high horse.
why would it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Ok, let me drop down a few grade levels to make the metaphor work

> The witch hunt being those nefarious geeks that run the UPA.

---why would you drop down a few grade levels and then use a work like
nefarious.
what grade are you in?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> You being the presumable sole victim of the witch hunt.

---who has presumed anything about being the sole anything?
what are you writing about?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> If "they" were just out to target one person, that being you, Mike,
> why would thay have also banned another person, namely Mr. Sanchez?

---what are you talking about?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Was Mr. Sanchez the victim of a witch hunt?

---i don't know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> The heart of the matter -- do you really, honestly, truly believe that
> the UPA was out to get you because of who you are and not because of
> your actions?

---no.
they found a reason, that was lame crime which was way less violent and
disruptive to the community than a ton of other actions by other athletes
and encouraged the victims to file complaints to the highest authority and
with extreme prejudice in order to persecute someone who coached a team that
had hard physical forces and called travels against whiney little brats who
filed complaints that the observers would not back up. and to rid the sport
of it's lone evil doer.

how's that?

Mike Gerics

Nov 8, 2002, 10:42:29 AM11/8/02

> What insight you have.

---heheheheheheh
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> You seem like the bratty bitch type.

---hohohohohohohohoho
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> In this thread....I think YOU sound like the BORING BROKEN FUCKING
> RECORD.

-hahhahahahahahaha
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> I personally like the geeks that run the UPA. I hope to help run it>
myself some day.

---the ones that i know are pretty nice folks.
and i too aspire to run it some day as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Geeks can be cool people to know.

---just look at gary and wyatt from Weird Science.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> What mike thinks, I think, is that if Joe Nobody had done what he did,
> no one would have really cared.

---yes. precisely.
it would have been handled by the athletes on the field...like so many other
incidents of greater magnatude.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But, because he is a vocal person
> with a bit of notoriety, he got jumped on.

---quite possibly.
and i fear that some folks greatly encouraged others to jump and jump and
jump.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Many people who choose to
> wear their opinion on their sleeve end up getting a hard time for it,
> and Mike G certainly seems like one of them.

---i don't condone spitting on anyone....it was wrong.
but suspended for one year?
a bit harsh in light of bench clearing brawls and grown men slamming college
kids over sideline bicycles...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> I don't know why you keep posting, seems like you are trying to "get a
> rise out of the hot-head",

---exactly. sort of like Cindy Fisher did back in the day....
false spirit...the worst there is.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

pretty juvenile in my opinion.

---very.

faddy

Nov 8, 2002, 11:07:21 AM11/8/02
mmm1...@f-m.fm (Matthew Marley Mitchell) wrote in message .

> What did Arnold Sanchez do?

Played (in college series?) while ineligible per the eligibility rules.
I think that's it anyhow.

Travis Finucane

Nov 8, 2002, 12:16:29 PM11/8/02
On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Mike Gerics wrote:

> ---no.
> they found a reason, that was lame crime which was way less violent and
> disruptive to the community than a ton of other actions by other athletes

What was the deal with the bike tripping incident? It sounds fascinating.

Mike Gerics

Nov 8, 2002, 2:41:07 PM11/8/02
> What was the deal with the bike tripping incident? It sounds fascinating.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

i saw a fight break out between two teams at Frostbreaker one year...
one guy was pushed back and back and then back over some bikes that were
laying on the ground between two fields.
scrapes, bleeding....sort of gross....and intentional.

no one filed formal complaints....
the team that got beat up, got up and finished playing the game.

it was crazy.
not sure the combatants...

tbeatty15

Nov 8, 2002, 5:40:45 PM11/8/02
wasn't david gessner the first one banned from the nme, i mean the upa?

"leonardo" <to...@rivative.com> wrote in message

leonardo

Nov 8, 2002, 5:46:29 PM11/8/02
areh...@c4fc.org (A-ron) wrote in message news:<6d0ac7b7.02110...@posting.google.com>...

> What mike thinks, I think, is that if Joe Nobody had done what he did,
> no one would have really cared. But, because he is a vocal person
> with a bit of notoriety, he got jumped on. Many people who choose to
> wear their opinion on their sleeve end up getting a hard time for it,
> and Mike G certainly seems like one of them.

You've been around a long time in Ultimate, I can really tell.

leonardo

Nov 8, 2002, 5:56:11 PM11/8/02
"Mike Gerics" <des...@digitizing4embroidery.com> wrote in message news:<usnmgm8...@corp.supernews.com>...

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > In this thread....I think YOU sound like the BORING BROKEN FUCKING
> > RECORD.
>
> -hahhahahahahahaha

Hahahaahah. Dude.

> ---yes. precisely.
> it would have been handled by the athletes on the field...like so many other
> incidents of greater magnatude.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> But, because he is a vocal person
> > with a bit of notoriety, he got jumped on.
>
> ---quite possibly.

Get it out of your fucking head Mike, the majority of Ultimate players
dont give a fuck and dont jump on your case, precisely because you
like it so much.

> and i fear that some folks greatly encouraged others to jump and jump and
> jump.

Ohmygod, its you against the world, isn't it Mike? Everyone's jumping
and jumping and jumping on you. Cry me a fucking river, you're full of
it.

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Many people who choose to
> > wear their opinion on their sleeve end up getting a hard time for it,
> > and Mike G certainly seems like one of them.
>
> ---i don't condone spitting on anyone....it was wrong.
> but suspended for one year?
> a bit harsh in light of bench clearing brawls and grown men slamming college
> kids over sideline bicycles...

Mike, what the hell are you talking about? You're brain is twisted in
dangerous and unhealthy ways. Who are these kids slamming into people
with bikes? Gown men.... slamming bikes... bench clearing brawls.....
did you forget your lithium today? again?

Team fights are hard to target one player. Slamming into someone on
the sideline - this is so far removed form the discussion....

OK, look, lets try this: If these "grown men slamming bikes" were
videotaped, were complained to by some players, and were doing this IN
A GAME, would you suggest a punishment? Or not?

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > I don't know why you keep posting, seems like you are trying to "get a
> > rise out of the hot-head",
>
> ---exactly. sort of like Cindy Fisher did back in the day....
> false spirit...the worst there is.

Puhleez. I don't buy any Spirit argument, pro or con.

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> pretty juvenile in my opinion.
>
> ---very.

Oh my god! Mike G is calling me juvenile!

leonardo

Nov 8, 2002, 6:10:32 PM11/8/02
"Mike Gerics" <des...@digitizing4embroidery.com> wrote in message news:<usnk80d...@corp.supernews.com>...

> > this is the first time I have written about you and this subject in
> > this forum Mike
>
> --second now.

Same thread. You're a nitpicking idiot on RSD.

A good observer and good for the game perhaps and a good player. But a
fucking moron when it comes to posting 20 times a day.

> ~~~~~~~~~~~
> > I agree completely. the majority of this thread works, is useful, is
> > more-or-less germane to the state of ultimate. but the character
> > attacks are unnecessary and your weak defenses and constant antagonism
> > have nothing to do with the "History lesson", correct?
>
> ---you wanna write about name calling?
> what weak defenses?
> i think that you have a problem, because i don't think there have been any
> defenses at all.
> none.
> if you're mistaking that there have been...then you have a personal problem.

You are not defending yourself?

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > dont be a fool. you could call me anything in the world and it
> > wouldn't mean a thing to me. get off your high horse.
>
> ---if you get called a name...by anyone, i don't think that that puts them
> on a high horse.
> why would it?

Mike, let's work together here. You said the following "---just

because you were called a runt? come on dude...toughen up!"

The presumtion is that because you called me a runt, I got angry and
wrote these responses. Apparently you think your name calling has an
effect on the author (me). Therefore you think (whether you believe it
or not) that you are in some way above or better than the person you
are calling a name.

This is psychology 101.

Also, the entreaty "come on dude.... toughen up!" is obviously in this
same category.

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > Ok, let me drop down a few grade levels to make the metaphor work
> > The witch hunt being those nefarious geeks that run the UPA.
>
> ---why would you drop down a few grade levels and then use a work like
> nefarious.
> what grade are you in?

Hmmmm, good one. You are right.

> > The heart of the matter -- do you really, honestly, truly believe that
> > the UPA was out to get you because of who you are and not because of
> > your actions?
>
> ---no.
> they found a reason, that was lame crime which was way less violent and
> disruptive to the community than a ton of other actions by other athletes
> and encouraged the victims to file complaints to the highest authority and
> with extreme prejudice in order to persecute someone who coached a team that
> had hard physical forces and called travels against whiney little brats who
> filed complaints that the observers would not back up. and to rid the sport
> of it's lone evil doer.

Yes, this sums it up very well. It is Mike G against the world. You
are being "persecuted" under "extreme prejudice."

Mike G is a VICTIM.

Mike G has been raped by the UPA.

Mike G has been TREATED WRONGLY.

Mike G has been a victim of a miscarriage of justice.

It is the righteous Mike G against the Pharisees of the UPA.

Free Mike G! Free Mike G!

Mike Gerics

Nov 8, 2002, 6:29:05 PM11/8/02

> Get it out of your fucking head Mike, the majority of Ultimate players
> dont give a fuck and dont jump on your case, precisely because you
> like it so much.

---get what out of my head? what are you writing about?
and why are you writing about this?
does this have something to do with this thread?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Ohmygod, its you against the world, isn't it Mike? Everyone's jumping
> and jumping and jumping on you. Cry me a fucking river, you're full of
> it.

---to begin with, no one is crying a river.
why would i or anyone else be crying about this issue?
i'm not....but maybe you are...or at least you are freaking out a bit i
fear....
i had written that i thought that some folks encouraged others to file and
follow up on formal complaints.
are you claiming the opposite?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Mike, what the hell are you talking about? You're brain is twisted in
> dangerous and unhealthy ways. Who are these kids slamming into people
> with bikes? Gown men.... slamming bikes... bench clearing brawls.....
> did you forget your lithium today? again?

---i don't know what lithium is...so i have not forgotten it, no.
and...if you don't know what I am talking about, why does that make me
twisted and dangerous?
you're weird for saying so.

i have written that i don't think that spitting some foam at someone is
worthy of a one year suspension...especially in light of other, violent
actions that i have seen on and immediately adjacent to an ultimate
field....ie, bench clearing fights and athletes getting slammed over
bicycles intentionally on the sidelines...
i mean...if you like bench clearing fights and bloodied ultimate players and
condone that and don't think it is more worthy of a suspension of some
kind.........then....cool.
but, if that's the case, maybe you are a bit twisted.

but again....if you don't know what i or someone else is talking
about...hold off on all your mean name calling and investigate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Team fights are hard to target one player. Slamming into someone on
> the sideline - this is so far removed form the discussion....

---who wrote "slamming into someone on the sideline"
i had written, something along the lines of...slamming someone into bicycles
that were laying next to a field"

i would argue, that you are too far removed from(or form as you write) this
discussion.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> OK, look, lets try this: If these "grown men slamming bikes" were
> videotaped, were complained to by some players, and were doing this IN
> A GAME, would you suggest a punishment? Or not?

---you're losing it dude.
grown men slamming bikes????
what do you mean?

i personally don't think that anything that i saw needed to be on video tape
to warrant punishment...or at least ejection from that game.....which is
what i think that spitting in the face of another athlete should cost a
player....a red card, like in any other sport...or ejection.

but...what are you asking above? video? slamming a bike? in a game? in a
game of what?
i mean...do you have a thought up there?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Puhleez. I don't buy any Spirit argument, pro or con.

---so i guess that the comment by this kid is still awaiting your reply.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

----yeah....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> > pretty juvenile in my opinion.
> >
> > ---very.
>
> Oh my god! Mike G is calling me juvenile!

---actually, doofy, i wrote the word very.
the kid before me wrote juvenile.
but...oh my god...maybe you are....or maybe you are JUST a doofus.

Mike Gerics

Nov 8, 2002, 6:58:01 PM11/8/02

> Same thread. You're a nitpicking idiot on RSD.

---uhm...ok.....here it goes.
to be an idiot.....
same thread doesn't matter...you're up to like 5 posts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> A good observer and good for the game perhaps and a good player. But a
> fucking moron when it comes to posting 20 times a day.

---a fucking moron when it comes to posting 20 times a day.
does that mean that i am a fucking moron for posting 20 times a day.
or that i am a fucking moron for the content of 20 posts a day.
how many posts does it take to be a genius?

but really...i am having trouble not concentrating on how you say i am a
good observer, good for the game and a good player.
curiously, are you either of those?
and if so.....how? and i mean.........like.....how?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> You are not defending yourself?

---i dont even know what i COULD be defending myself from in this thread.
i spit right at that guy...or guys....
there is no defense of that.

i DO feel that a one year suspension was totally uhm...what is it
called....cruel and unusual....as compared to other things that i have seen
that were not reported, let alone formally complained about.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Mike, let's work together here. You said the following "---just
> because you were called a runt? come on dude...toughen up!"

---i asked why your being a runt is putting myself on a high horse....
i am not following your above reply to that....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> The presumtion is that because you called me a runt, I got angry and
> wrote these responses.

---oh...i guess that i wasn't presuming anything...so...

what are you writing about?

what are you angry about?
you don't write much, huh....or at least in a way that makes people be able
to follow what the hell you are writing about....
jeeze.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Apparently you think your name calling has an
> effect on the author (me). Therefore you think (whether you believe it
> or not) that you are in some way above or better than the person you
> are calling a name.

---oh...i think you are over thinking this a bit.
if i call myself a name....am i putting myself...above myself?
if i call myself a name...am i in some way above or better than myself?

maybe...you...apparently, shouldn't try thinking for me....because, i don't
really care if or how it affects you the author....i guess that i am not
even considering how it might affect you.
but...if you are so full of yourself, as to assume what i might be thinking
of you...then maybe you have a personal problem.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> This is psychology 101.

---well...i got an A in that class...the second time i took it.
but, i am not sure how it applies here.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Also, the entreaty "come on dude.... toughen up!" is obviously in this
> same category.

---what category?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Yes, this sums it up very well. It is Mike G against the world. You
> are being "persecuted" under "extreme prejudice."

---i am not sure if what i wrote said that it was Mike G against the world.
i think there were a few individuals that wanted to save the world from me
and i certainly applaud their efforts.
what i wrote is exactly what i wrote....it wasn't anything about the world
who it is against.

oh...and i like all this stuff below...where you are shouting my name
out....over and over.
i mean...it's sort of weird for you to do that...but...cool also.

i mean...what's my mutha fuckin' name?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Mike G is a VICTIM.

--i think you are making this one up.
i am pretty sure that there was no victim.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Mike G has been raped by the UPA.

---easy tiger. i work for the upa and i ain't seen it rape anyone.
you're weird.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Mike G has been TREATED WRONGLY.

---well...i think that the suspension was a bit much.
but...that's just what i think.
i certainly wasn't treated 'wrongly'.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Mike G has been a victim of a miscarriage of justice.

---i'd say an "over"-carriage of justice.
but, i don't care.
i did the time.
and things are better in my world because of it.
are you trying to ruin THAT?...or just be a fucking cocksucker 6 years later
about it?
and why?

> It is the righteous Mike G against the Pharisees of the UPA.

---man...are you an idiot for posting once a day?
or just an inane weirdo that's in love with me?

> Free Mike G! Free Mike G!

---i like it....but...from what are you going to free me?
man...you got too much time on your hands, dude!