"I can't even explain what I'm feeling right now," says CLark

1 view

Seargent Stedenko

Feb 11, 2002, 9:35:30 AM2/11/02
I'll bet she can't...

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/winter02/snowboard/news?id=1326727

"snowboarders have their reputations"

Ain't that a hole with no bottom.

What a shame to have America's first gold tainted by the stigma of drug
abuse. It just makes teh rest of us skiers look dumn.

"Ski-Sporty"

Michael Kelly Larsen

Feb 11, 2002, 10:07:29 AM2/11/02
"Seargent Stedenko" <sto...@homegrown.com> wrote in message

Hmmm, she seemed pretty coherent to me.
No signs of drug abuse that I could read.
If you're concerned that she's not phenomenally articulate,
fer'cryin' out loud, she's 18. Big deal!

I know this is a troll, and I really shouldn't dignify it with a
response, but hey, Kelly Clark did good. Now pipe down and
enjoy the fact that USA has it's first gold. It's all good

--MKL

--
Michael Kelly Larsen
http://www.GeezerX.net/

Edward Dike, III

Feb 11, 2002, 12:17:07 PM2/11/02

Seargent Stedenko <sto...@homegrown.com> wrote in message

What did I miss?...
"...tainted by the stigma of drug
abuse..." I have yet to hear of this.
I have never taken anything a snowboarder does as a reflection on me, or any
skiers.

Bad spelling makes one look 'dumn'.
ED3

Seargent Stedenko

Feb 11, 2002, 2:40:45 PM2/11/02
On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:17:07 -0600, "Edward Dike, III"
<edd3R...@qwest.net> Took a deep hit and croaked :

>Seargent Stedenko <sto...@homegrown.com> wrote in message
>| I'll bet she can't...
>|
>| http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/winter02/snowboard/news?id=1326727
>|
>| "snowboarders have their reputations"
>|
>| Ain't that a hole with no bottom.
>|
>| What a shame to have America's first gold tainted by the stigma of drug
>| abuse. It just makes teh rest of us skiers look dumn.
>|
>| "Ski-Sporty"
>
>What did I miss?...
>"...tainted by the stigma of drug
> abuse..." I have yet to hear of this.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/020208/5/io6f.html

What part of "recreational marijuana use" do you not unnerstand?
This "sport" is riddled with dopers and slackers.

>Bad spelling makes one look 'dumn'.

Youre point being?

"Ski-Sporty"

Sam

Feb 11, 2002, 3:08:01 PM2/11/02

"Seargent Stedenko" <sto...@homegrown.com> wrote in message

Would you care to point to some proof other than the Canuck's
positive back in Nagano? If you are using that as a basis then all sports
would be riddled with "dopers" especially XC skiing. These athletes at this
level are not "slackers". They train hard but have a more relaxed outlook.

Michael Kelly Larsen

Feb 11, 2002, 3:12:35 PM2/11/02

"Seargent Stedenko" <sto...@homegrown.com> wrote in message

Yesterday's news, dude. Look, I think Ross's expaination for
testing positive is one of the lamest I ever heard as well, but please
don't paint us all with such a broad brush. Incidently, you need look
no further back than the 1980's to see skiing's "tainted by the stigma
of drug abuse"... the difference is those people are now in their late
30's and early 40's. Many of the young turks of snowboarding have
grown up, too. C'mon, if I were to say that all skiers could be
stereotyped based on "Hot Dog: The Movie", you'd say I was being
silly, too (though for its time, that was a *great* movie *B^) ).

> >Bad spelling makes one look 'dumn'.
>
> Youre point being?

That if you're going to diss someone or something, use a spell
checker *B^).

> "Ski-Sporty"

--MKL

toby.e

Feb 11, 2002, 3:53:33 PM2/11/02

Michael Kelly Larsen <mcla...@home.com> wrote in message
I'm highly amused by this obvious troll....
I'm thinking back to the media's reaction to rock music in the 60's here.
All those crazy youngsters with their dangerous ideas, threatening to
destababilize
the American dream - it's just not baseball / football is it? Then you had
this too.....

"At the end of the 70's the disco star began to wane for various reasons. On
the one hand, just everybody who could play an instrument thought that they
could cash in on the new trend, but producing good disco music was not easy
at all. On the other, the 'Disco Sucks' movement threatened this style and
became a reaction against gay liberation and black pride. All of a sudden,
disco became the enemy to defeat. Chicago's Steve Dahl was the driving force
behind this campaign. On 12 July 1979 Dahl, who had been fired some months
earlier after the radio station he was working for (WDAI) had changed to an
all-disco format, hosted the Disco Demolition Night at his local Comiskey
Park in Chicago, Illinois.

Dahl was not ashamed at all of making rather tastless statements like:
"Disco music is a disease. I call it dystrophy. The people victimized by
this killer disease walk around like zombies. We must do everything possible
to stop the spread of this plague."

I guess you're a latter day Steve Dahl.... History will be your judge
mwahahahahahahaahahah!!!!.....

og

Feb 11, 2002, 4:17:14 PM2/11/02
Stedenko's a dope.. He references two, seperate, unrelated articles to make
his lame point. Fact is the ISF does not test for Marijuana and therefore
Olympic skiers were not tested in Nagano. Total hypocrisy.. That's the real
reason they gave Ross hi medal back.

"Ski-sporty.." How queer.

And another thing Sargeant goofball. Quit crossposting
and go to news:rec.skiing.alpine if you want mindless drivel. They excell
at that.

steve

Tyger

Feb 11, 2002, 4:49:09 PM2/11/02

"Seargent Stedenko" <sto...@homegrown.com> wrote in message

> >What did I miss?...
> >"...tainted by the stigma of drug
> > abuse..." I have yet to hear of this.
>
> http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/020208/5/io6f.html
>
> What part of "recreational marijuana use" do you not unnerstand?
> This "sport" is riddled with dopers and slackers.

Then let me out myself. In the last month Ive been taking drugs. Some
pretty hard stuff too. The Vioxx was ok, but then the T-3's and the
Darvocets... Man, I knew I was in trouble. But then they got the cast on,
and it didn't hurt, and the surgery went well. They said the pins and
screws should hold my wrist together ok now.

Dude, that was '98. Get over yourself. If you think snowboarding is bad, I
know other sports that would kill to be in the spotlight snowboarding enjoys
that have drug and alcohol cultures. Get over it.

-Tyger

Keith P.

Feb 11, 2002, 6:24:29 PM2/11/02
"Michael Kelly Larsen" <mcla...@home.com> wrote in message news:<u6fnik7...@corp.supernews.com>...

> Hmmm, she seemed pretty coherent to me.
> No signs of drug abuse that I could read.
> If you're concerned that she's not phenomenally articulate,
> fer'cryin' out loud, she's 18. Big deal!
>
> I know this is a troll, and I really shouldn't dignify it with a
> response, but hey, Kelly Clark did good. Now pipe down and
> enjoy the fact that USA has it's first gold. It's all good

You can't deny that the main thing that snowboarding is known for is
the drug culture that surrounds it. When Rebagliati screwed up in '98
by getting caught, a big part of the justification the Canadian media
used to give him the medal was that "everybody does it". Sometimes in
Whistler I'm amazed they don't have a smog alert because the fumes are
everywhere. It is an event that has no place in the Olympics and
hopefully the IOC will dump it.

Benjamin Kaufman

Feb 11, 2002, 6:08:04 PM2/11/02
I think I speak for most of the XC skiers here in rec.skiing.nordic (this is one
of the few times I fully respond to crossposting) when I say that we don't have
to put down other sports to enjoy ours. So to those that want to say bad
things about other snowboarding or Alpine and/or the people that do them, until
they start pooping on our trails and going after our women - beat it.

Ben

Maria

Feb 11, 2002, 6:54:53 PM2/11/02
Actually Ross didn't have very much in his system. Something like .001 or
else he wouldn't have been reinstated.

--
-Maria
"Keith P." <kei...@rocketmail.com> wrote in message

Michael Kelly Larsen

Feb 11, 2002, 7:11:56 PM2/11/02

"Keith P." <kei...@rocketmail.com> wrote in message

The main thing that snowboarding is known for is lofting huge airs.
It's also known as the fastest growing youth culture activity on earth
(for good and bad, that's a fact). Look, I think Ross's comments were
ridiculous as well, but the IOC saw fit to reinstate his medal. So there
it is. Just out of curiosity, was Karl Schrantz robbed by having his
ability to compete stripped (actually, that had more to do with Avery
Brundage being a complete and utter bastard, but that's out of the
scope of this)?

Look, the IOC put snowboarding in because it's what a lot of people
do, and some people do it phenomenally well. as to the ad revenue it's
pulling in, and the rapidity that the tickets sold out, don't count on it
being dropped anytime soon *B^).

Way to go to the guys in the pipe, though. 1,2,3 in the USA's hands.

--MKL

Jon Morse

Feb 11, 2002, 9:29:10 PM2/11/02
Michael Kelly Larsen wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, was Karl Schrantz robbed by having his
> ability to compete stripped (actually, that had more to do with Avery
> Brundage being a complete and utter bastard, but that's out of the
> scope of this)?

Well, yeah, he was, considering the hypocrisy of it all. Russi had been
the center of god knows how many ad campaigns leading into the Olympics,
and Brundage left him alone.

'course, Russi hadn't been sniping at Brundage for years, either. . .

~jon

Sam

Feb 11, 2002, 9:34:57 PM2/11/02
If I recall, marijuana was not on the banned substance list for the IOC at
the time (the family of THC was not in). Although he tested positive, since
it was not on the banned list of drugs (these are actually families of
drugs), the IOC could not take away his medal.

This happens from time to time although in reverse at times. In Sydney, the
Romanian gymnast tested positive for a medication (available in over the
counter meds) that is on the IOC banned list but not on the IF's list.
Since IOC rules apply in their sandbox, you play by their rules.

There has been attempts to standardize banned lists and for the most part
every sport has probably a list that is 98% the same.

"og" <swil...@dbc.com> wrote in message

Sam

Feb 11, 2002, 9:42:35 PM2/11/02

"Keith P." <kei...@rocketmail.com> wrote in message

The benefits of pot in terms of athletic performance are not too
clear; a drug culture can be found in many, many sports. Heck, we should
ban cycling and cross country skiing then along with a slew of others.

Edward Dike, III

Feb 11, 2002, 10:05:26 PM2/11/02

Benjamin Kaufman <robomechan...@pobox.com> wrote in message
Well said!!
ED3

Trucker Bob

Feb 11, 2002, 10:21:18 PM2/11/02
Anybody else here notice the irony in a guy with an email address of
'sto...@homegrown.com' giving us shit for being "dopers" and slackers?

*BAP*
*BAP*

Bad Troll.... Get back under your bridge!

*BAP*
*BAP*

Git!

Jon Morse

Feb 11, 2002, 11:40:16 PM2/11/02
Sam wrote:

> If I recall, marijuana was not on the banned substance list for the IOC at
> the time (the family of THC was not in). Although he tested positive, since
> it was not on the banned list of drugs (these are actually families of
> drugs), the IOC could not take away his medal.

Not exactly.

ISF had added THC to their list for testing, but after the situation
with Ross, they pointed out that they had only intended for THC to be
tested for in the "fear" sports -- read, ski-jumping. It was that
testimony from ISF that led the appeal panel to reverse the DQ.

~jon

Maryellen Jenkins

Feb 12, 2002, 1:20:46 AM2/12/02
What's with the stereotyping? Not everyone who snowboards uses drugs. I
doubt seriously that Nick Jr. Magazine (Feb. 2002 issue)would have an
article on how to teach your preschooler to snowboard if all snowboarders
were that bad!!!

--
jenk...@home.com
"K. Smith" <kas...@uselessspamaccess1.net> wrote in message
> In article <qnkf6u8a1o0e1hrca...@4ax.com>, Seargent Stedenko

> Haven't heard anything about drug use from Clark. Unless you've got proof
> (which I doubt), it's best you shut up and quit slandering someone you
> don't know.
>
> ~K~

Trent Woodruff

Feb 12, 2002, 4:23:09 AM2/12/02
>Maryellen Jenkins was cut from the North Texas football team for saying...

>What's with the stereotyping? Not everyone who snowboards uses drugs. I
>doubt seriously that Nick Jr. Magazine (Feb. 2002 issue)would have an
>article on how to teach your preschooler to snowboard if all snowboarders
>were that bad!!!

Yeah, right. Snowboarders are the skateboarders of the northern
climes. What with their long hair, baggy pants, and weird music, you
just KNOW they're doing dope.

Trent

Trent Woodruff

Feb 12, 2002, 4:21:26 AM2/12/02
>K. Smith was cut from the North Texas football team for saying...

>>In article <qnkf6u8a1o0e1hrca...@4ax.com>, Seargent Stedenko
>><sto...@homegrown.com> wrote:

>Haven't heard anything about drug use from Clark. Unless you've got proof

>(which I doubt), it's best you shut up and quit slandering someone you
>don't know.

You stoner snowboarders are all alike.

Trent

jkm0...@surfglobal.net

Feb 12, 2002, 6:46:11 AM2/12/02

>In article <qnkf6u8a1o0e1hrca...@4ax.com>, Seargent Stedenko
><sto...@homegrown.com> wrote:

Stedenko, I bet you're just another one of those hoity-toity alpine
skiers (usually not very good) who can't bear to see snowboarders on
'your' mountain. It must really piss you off when one of those stoner
snowboarders shows 10x the athletic ability you have. BTW, I've never
been on a snowboard in my life; I just see no reason to demonize them.

And regarding Ross Whatsisname, If he used marijuana, it obviously did
not enhance his performance, so it should be a non-issue to the IOC.
Contrast the fuss about traces of THC from smoke inhaled a month
earlier with the adulation Mark Mcguire received that summer. He was
most definitely using a performance enhancing drug with the specific
intention of improving his game. A most extreme and unflattering
double standard displayed by our society. Maybe there would have been
more fuss if McGuire had some tattoos and a nose ring .

Jerry

Maryellen Jenkins

Feb 12, 2002, 11:03:28 AM2/12/02
Wait a minute. I am not a snowboarder, I would probably break my neck. I
don't dress like them. I do like the music, and I am not a stoner. My sister
and her husband were very into snowboarding, and very against drugs. Saying
that all snowboarders are stoners is like saying all skiers are sissies. It
is simply not true
--
jenk...@home.com
"Trent Woodruff" <bct0...@desurf.com> wrote in message

Sam

Feb 12, 2002, 3:09:46 PM2/12/02
At least 2 of the 3 male medallists had short hair and the hair of the
silver medallist was not all that long. Everyone else's music is always
weird :)

Sam

Feb 12, 2002, 3:10:57 PM2/12/02
The performance benefits of andro are very much in question (you can do a
Medline search for several studies).

<jkm0...@surfglobal.net> wrote in message

Trent Woodruff

Feb 12, 2002, 3:06:58 PM2/12/02
>Maryellen Jenkins was cut from the North Texas football team for saying...

>Wait a minute. I am not a snowboarder, I would probably break my neck. I
>don't dress like them. I do like the music, and I am not a stoner. '

I knew all of that as soon as you said you weren't a snowboarder.

Trent

Maryellen Jenkins

Feb 12, 2002, 3:40:33 PM2/12/02
I said I do like the music. Not that I didn't like it.

--
jenk...@home.com
"Trent Woodruff" <bct0...@desurf.com> wrote in message

taywood

Feb 12, 2002, 3:10:56 PM2/12/02
Enough, Enough.
Now would you please close this thread and stop this foolish
cross posting. Lets just get back to OUR Olympics.
For most of us around the world havent got a clue what you're
talking about anyway.

"Maryellen Jenkins" <jenk...@home.com> wrote in message

jkm0...@surfglobal.net

Feb 12, 2002, 5:18:44 PM2/12/02
I recall hearing the same thing about the 'traditional' anabolic
steroids 25 years ago; no reason to think the 'authorities' aren't
wrong/lying again. Anyway, if andro is totally useless, or even
detrimental, the INTENT was still there (and why was it banned by
other sports?)

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 13:10:57 -0700, "Sam" <marat...@mindspring.com>

Keith P.

Feb 12, 2002, 6:05:03 PM2/12/02
"Maryellen Jenkins" <jenk...@home.com> wrote in message news:<k1ba8.60143$8d1.17...@news1.rdc1.md.home.com>...
> Wait a minute. I am not a snowboarder, I would probably break my neck. I
> don't dress like them. I do like the music, and I am not a stoner. My sister
> and her husband were very into snowboarding, and very against drugs. Saying
> that all snowboarders are stoners is like saying all skiers are sissies. It
> is simply not true

Really? They act like stoners. They dress like stoners. They talk like
stoners. They look like stoners. And they glorify the use of illegal
drugs in the very culture of their activity. A fine, upstanding lot.
There is a big difference between renting a board on your twice-a-year
weekend trip to the slopes and the drug lifestyle this bunch
glorifies. Teach your 3-year-old how to snowboard? Sure. Just give him
some rolling papers and a Bic while you're at it.

Trent Woodruff

Feb 12, 2002, 5:39:11 PM2/12/02
>Maryellen Jenkins was cut from the North Texas football team for saying...
>>"Trent Woodruff" <bct0...@desurf.com> wrote in message
>>>Maryellen Jenkins was cut from the North Texas football team for
>>>saying...

>>>Wait a minute. I am not a snowboarder, I would probably break my neck. I
>>>don't dress like them. I do like the music, and I am not a stoner. '

>> I knew all of that as soon as you said you weren't a snowboarder.

>I said I do like the music. Not that I didn't like it.

Correct. You said that you didn't dress like them and you weren't a
stoner, but since you were identifying with their drug-induced ways,
it must be because you like the music that only sounds rational under
hallucinogenics. QED.

Trent

Jason Cormier

Feb 12, 2002, 6:19:36 PM2/12/02
On 2/12/02 17:39, in article 3c699931...@news.desurf.com, "Trent
Woodruff" <bct0...@desurf.com> wrote:

> Correct. You said that you didn't dress like them and you weren't a
> stoner, but since you were identifying with their drug-induced ways,
> it must be because you like the music that only sounds rational under
> hallucinogenics. QED.

Considering your posts, QED is an oxymoron coming from you.

John Forrest Tomlinson

Feb 12, 2002, 6:45:12 PM2/12/02

> I said I do like the music.

What is snowboard music?

JT

NB: reply-to address is munged

Visit http://www.jt10000.com

James

Feb 12, 2002, 7:07:56 PM2/12/02
kei...@rocketmail.com (Keith P.) wrote in

My only question is..

How exactly do you smoke a half-pipe?

ph00ey

Feb 12, 2002, 7:10:53 PM2/12/02
> Correct. You said that you didn't dress like them and you weren't a
> stoner, but since you were identifying with their drug-induced ways,
> it must be because you like the music that only sounds rational under
> hallucinogenics. QED.

this is funny...GO AWAY Trent you anal retentive...why are you even posting
in here if you are down on 'boarding...no skiiing friends to rip the piss
out of, maybe no friends at all...bet you were bullied at school or had lots
of older sisters...maybe no male role models to identify with.

ahhh...too easy. Come back in when you're ready.
I love the sound of a friable ego being rent asunder (Trent...go look these
big words up)

http://www.boardmad.com

ph00ey

Feb 12, 2002, 7:15:48 PM2/12/02

"John Forrest Tomlinson" <20...@jt10000removethesewords.com> wrote in message

> "Maryellen Jenkins" <jenk...@home.com> wrote in message
> > I said I do like the music.
>
> What is snowboard music?
>
> JT

mmm..deep question JT...i ride listening to anything from Holzt Planets...to
AAF and Greenday. Can anyone beat that coverage ?
LoL
http://www.boardmad.com

ph00ey

Feb 12, 2002, 7:19:02 PM2/12/02
"Keith P." <kei...@rocketmail.com> wrote in message

I SMELL TROLL SH!T
...and keith....it's coming from yo mamma's mouf'
now begone foul spirit.......pouf ?!
http://www.blackdogwebdesign.co.uk/c/default.asp
real-time chat over http with no applets...;0)>
http://www.boardmad.com

Scott Hendryx

Feb 12, 2002, 7:36:47 PM2/12/02

"ph00ey" <$YADDAH$@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "John Forrest Tomlinson" <20...@jt10000removethesewords.com>
wrote in message
> > "Maryellen Jenkins" <jenk...@home.com> wrote in message
> > > I said I do like the music.
> >
> > What is snowboard music?
> >
> > JT
>
> mmm..deep question JT...i ride listening to anything from Holzt
Planets...to
> AAF and Greenday. Can anyone beat that coverage ?
> LoL
Yes, I ride listening to a duet by Willie Nelson and Kid Rock.
"Last Stand in Open Country" Makes rippen the youngens hearts out
a little easier.

--
Scott Hendryx--
--Life---

Sam

Feb 12, 2002, 8:13:30 PM2/12/02
Regarding anabolic steroids, the dosages used in those days were therapeutic
dosages and not dosages used by people in the real world. The statements
were and are correct for the small amounts in the studies. However, power
athletes take more than a small dose. The American College of Sports
Medicine came out with its statements and the athletes I know who were
around laughed. The ACSM has a new statement, you can read it but probably
will not.

The andro studies were much better controlled and used real life dosing.
Look for yourself; do not believe some guy you do not know on the internet.

I do not think that anything that does not work and is not harmful should be
banned. Very few substances on the banned list have been proven to be
effective. There are some health risks and I have no problem banning them
from sports for this reason. Of course, someone could start a league where
all drugs are okay and that would be okay.

<jkm0...@surfglobal.net> wrote in message

Josh

Feb 12, 2002, 7:52:04 PM2/12/02
pot never made me do anything

Sam

Feb 12, 2002, 8:55:46 PM2/12/02

"Keith P." <kei...@rocketmail.com> wrote in message

Funny I know a lot of drug users who work for Fortune 500 companies,
wear Brooks Brothers suits, listen to mainstream Top 40 music. None of them
would fit your definition.

Michael Kelly Larsen

Feb 12, 2002, 10:22:14 PM2/12/02

"ph00ey" <$YADDAH$@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "John Forrest Tomlinson" <20...@jt10000removethesewords.com> wrote in
message
> > "Maryellen Jenkins" <jenk...@home.com> wrote in message
> > > I said I do like the music.
> >
> > What is snowboard music?
> >
> > JT
>
> mmm..deep question JT...i ride listening to anything from Holzt
Planets...to
> AAF and Greenday. Can anyone beat that coverage ?

Ph00ey, shame on you, you have now hit upon my navel pontification
point. You're gonna' regret this *B^)!!

What is snowboard music? It's anything that you can listen to and says
"man, this reminds me of riding!" For me the following song list does
that magnificently well...:

Seal "Future Love Paradise"
Peter Murphy "The Line Between The Devil's Teeth"
Tonic "Casual Affair"
Rimsky- Korsakov "The Sea and Sinbad's Ship" [from Sheherazade]
Green Day "Welcome to Paradise"
Sky Cries Mary "Shipwrecked"
Foo Fighters "Evermore"
Primus "My Name Is Mudd"
Dance Hall Crashers "Will Tomorrow Ever Come"
Soul II Soul "Back To Life"
Sneaker Pimps "Spin Spin Sugar"
Carl Orff "Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi"
Bad Religion "Only Entertainment"
Steely Dan "Green Earrings"
The Beatles "Tomorrow Never Knows"
Talking Heads "The Big Curve"
The Clash "Clampdown"
Eve 6 "On The Roof Again"
English Beat "Two Swords"
Carl Orff "Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi"
The Verve Pipe "Barely (If at All)"
Curve "Clipped"
Hum "The Pod"
Warrior Soul "Hero"
The The "Armageddon Days Are Here Again"
311 "Eons"
Duran Duran "New Religion"
"A Perfect Circle "Thinking of You"
Anthrax "Inside Out"
Dead Can Dance "The Spider's Stratagem"
Fishbone "Ghetto Soundwave"
Vanishing Eden "Through The Shattered Glass"
Incubus "New Skin"
Juliana Hatfield "A Dame with A Rod"
the Specials "Gangsters"
KMFDM "A Drug Against War"
Killing Joke "Love Like Blood"
The Sisters of Mercy "Dominion/Mother Russia"
Linkin Park "Papercut"
Live "Operation Spirit"
Oingo Boingo "Nothing To Fear"
Holst "Jupiter - The Bringer of Jollity"
The Sunday's "A Certain Someone"
Public Enemy "Prophets of Rage"
Pennywise "Unknown Road"
The Untouchables "Free Yourself"
Jesus Jones "Blissed"
R.A.T.M. "Wake Up"
Maren Ord "Tonight"
The Cure "Primary"
Mother Love Bone "Stardog Champion"
Roxy Music "Same Old Scene"
Lynch Mob "Playalistics"
Operation Ivy "Unity"
Redd Kross "Where I am Today"
Psychadelic Furs "Alice's House"
The Police "Regatta De Blanc"
Letters To Cleo "I See"
School of Fish "King of the Dollar"
Disneyland After Dark "Sleeping My Day Away"
The Smith's "The Headmasters Ritual"
Lush "Blackout"
Echo & The Bunnymen "Never Stop"
Tool "Intolerance"
New Order "Chemical"
REM "It's the End of the World As We Know It"
The Mission UK "Tower of Strength"
Black Sabbath "Living For Today"

Your mileage, of course, may vary.

--MKL, saying "you had to ask" *B^)

Michael Kelly Larsen

Feb 12, 2002, 10:23:43 PM2/12/02

"Keith P." <kei...@rocketmail.com> wrote in message

Whack.

Bap. Bap. Bap.

Bad Troll.

Slap. Slap. Slap.

--MKL

Benjamin Kaufman

Feb 12, 2002, 10:29:34 PM2/12/02
Those Curling guys are stoners. You've got to be on drugs to dig that ;-)

Ben

S. M. Stearns

Feb 12, 2002, 10:33:21 PM2/12/02

"ph00ey" <$YADDAH$@hotmail.com> wrote in message

You sound very angry, S. Are you angry? Maybe you need Jesus in your life. If you
had Jesus you woldn't be so angry. I encourage you to go study some bibel, so you
can lose your anger.
I'll pray for you.

--
Brought to you by the (warped) mind of:
Scott M. Stearns

Thomas B. Gray

Feb 12, 2002, 10:09:01 PM2/12/02

----------
In article <u6jn0hr...@corp.supernews.com>, "Michael Kelly Larsen"
<mcla...@home.com> wrote:

> What is snowboard music? It's anything that you can listen to and says
> "man, this reminds me of riding!" For me the following song list does
> that magnificently well...:

> Foo Fighters "Everlong"

> Sneaker Pimps "Spin Spin Sugar"

> KMFDM "A Drug Against War"

> Jesus Jones "Blissed"
> The Cure "Primary"

You mean I'm not the only person in the world who likes these songs?

Thomas B. Gray : Denton, Texas
tbg...@mindspring.com : www.indotav.com

"Damnit, Thomas, all you care about is beer, football and the internet!"
-my girlfriend Lori

Maryellen Jenkins

Feb 12, 2002, 11:11:56 PM2/12/02
LOL!!!

--
jenk...@home.com
"James" <james@spamthis!.jklm.net> wrote in message

Alan Mundy

Feb 13, 2002, 12:12:26 AM2/13/02
"ph00ey" <$YADDAH$@hotmail.com> wrote in

> "John Forrest Tomlinson" <20...@jt10000removethesewords.com> wrote in
> message news:cOha8.3211$eS3.3...@bin3.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com...
>> "Maryellen Jenkins" <jenk...@home.com> wrote in message
>> > I said I do like the music.
>>
>> What is snowboard music?
>>
>> JT
>
> mmm..deep question JT...i ride listening to anything from Holzt
> Planets...to AAF and Greenday. Can anyone beat that coverage ?
> LoL

I'm sure Holzt is glad to know you're listening to his music.

--
Alan Mundy

"I don't know.. the .sig is okay.. definitely accurate.. though you might
want to put the description of yourself AFTER your name.. like:
'Alan Mundy -- cluefsck' HTH." - PFC Slick

Alan Mundy

Feb 13, 2002, 12:13:22 AM2/13/02
"Josh" <josh...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:a4cdr...@enews2.newsguy.com:

> pot never made me do anything

Exactly.

"BA" Baraka

Feb 13, 2002, 12:51:34 AM2/13/02
On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 21:56:15 +1000, Craig Welch <cr...@pacific.net.sg>
was all like :

>On 11 Feb 2002 15:24:29 -0800, kei...@rocketmail.com (Keith P.)
>wrote:
>
>>You can't deny that the main thing that snowboarding is known for is
>>the drug culture that surrounds it. When Rebagliati screwed up in '98
>>by getting caught, a big part of the justification the Canadian media
>>used to give him the medal was that "everybody does it". Sometimes in
>>Whistler I'm amazed they don't have a smog alert because the fumes are
>>everywhere. It is an event that has no place in the Olympics and
>>hopefully the IOC will dump it.
>
>You haven't explained why ...

Why we should not have a bunch of slackerz and dopers representing our
countries at the Olympic games? Why, indeed.

"BA" Baraka

Feb 13, 2002, 12:51:34 AM2/13/02
On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 19:34:57 -0700, "Sam" <marat...@mindspring.com>
was all like :

>If I recall, marijuana was not on the banned substance list for the IOC at
>the time (the family of THC was not in). Although he tested positive, since
>it was not on the banned list of drugs (these are actually families of
>drugs), the IOC could not take away his medal.

Illegal, recreational drugs are ok because they are not on the list?

"BA" Baraka

Feb 13, 2002, 12:51:33 AM2/13/02
On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:54:53 -0500, "Maria" <m...@sympatico.ca> was all
like :

>Actually Ross didn't have very much in his system. Something like .001 or
>else he wouldn't have been reinstated.

So he was only a little guilty?

Yahright.

"BA" Baraka

Feb 13, 2002, 12:51:34 AM2/13/02
On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:17:14 GMT, "og" <swil...@dbc.com> was all like
:

>Stedenko's a dope.. He references two, seperate, unrelated articles to make
>his lame point. Fact is the ISF does not test for Marijuana and therefore
>Olympic skiers were not tested in Nagano. Total hypocrisy.. That's the real
>reason they gave Ross hi medal back.

No- the real reason was they did not have the balls to stand by the
original decision. *THAT* was total hypocrisy.

The should have sent the little doper home empty-handed..

"BA" Baraka

Feb 13, 2002, 12:51:33 AM2/13/02
On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 19:42:35 -0700, "Sam" <marat...@mindspring.com>
was all like :

>"Keith P." <kei...@rocketmail.com> wrote in message

>> "Michael Kelly Larsen" <mcla...@home.com> wrote in message
>> > Hmmm, she seemed pretty coherent to me.
>> > No signs of drug abuse that I could read.
>> > If you're concerned that she's not phenomenally articulate,
>> > fer'cryin' out loud, she's 18. Big deal!
>> >
>> > I know this is a troll, and I really shouldn't dignify it with a
>> > response, but hey, Kelly Clark did good. Now pipe down and
>> > enjoy the fact that USA has it's first gold. It's all good

>> You can't deny that the main thing that snowboarding is known for is
>> the drug culture that surrounds it. When Rebagliati screwed up in '98
>> by getting caught, a big part of the justification the Canadian media
>> used to give him the medal was that "everybody does it". Sometimes in
>> Whistler I'm amazed they don't have a smog alert because the fumes are
>> everywhere. It is an event that has no place in the Olympics and
>> hopefully the IOC will dump it.
>

> The benefits of pot in terms of athletic performance are not too
>clear; a drug culture can be found in many, many sports. Heck, we should
>ban cycling and cross country skiing then along with a slew of others.

Only if they look like a bunch of bums, dopers and slackers- like the
snowboarders... They are destroying the prestige of the Olympics.

"BA" Baraka

Feb 13, 2002, 12:51:34 AM2/13/02
On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 13:08:01 -0700, "Sam" <marat...@mindspring.com>
was all like :

>"Seargent Stedenko" <sto...@homegrown.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:17:07 -0600, "Edward Dike, III"
>> <edd3R...@qwest.net> Took a deep hit and croaked :
>>

>> >Seargent Stedenko <sto...@homegrown.com> wrote in message

>drug

>> >What did I miss?...
>> >"...tainted by the stigma of drug
>> > abuse..." I have yet to hear of this.
>>
>> http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/020208/5/io6f.html
>>
>> What part of "recreational marijuana use" do you not unnerstand?
>> This "sport" is riddled with dopers and slackers.
>
> Would you care to point to some proof other than the Canuck's
>positive back in Nagano?

All the proof needed- just look at them! They can't even buy a decent
pair of jeans to wear..

"BA" Baraka

Feb 13, 2002, 12:51:35 AM2/13/02
On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 02:11:03 GMT, kas...@uselessspamaccess1.net (K.
Smith) was all like :

>In article <qnkf6u8a1o0e1hrca...@4ax.com>, Seargent Stedenko
><sto...@homegrown.com> wrote:
>

>> I'll bet she can't...
>>
>> http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/winter02/snowboard/news?id=1326727
>>
>> "snowboarders have their reputations"
>>
>> Ain't that a hole with no bottom.
>>
>> What a shame to have America's first gold tainted by the stigma of drug
>> abuse. It just makes teh rest of us skiers look dumn.
>

>Haven't heard anything about drug use from Clark. Unless you've got proof
>(which I doubt), it's best you shut up and quit slandering someone you
>don't know.

You obviously have not heard anything about reading comprehension
either-

idot.

"BA" Baraka

Feb 13, 2002, 12:51:35 AM2/13/02
On 12 Feb 2002 15:05:03 -0800, kei...@rocketmail.com (Keith P.) was all
like :

>"Maryellen Jenkins" <jenk...@home.com> wrote in message news:<k1ba8.60143$8d1.17...@news1.rdc1.md.home.com>...

>> Wait a minute. I am not a snowboarder, I would probably break my neck. I
>> don't dress like them. I do like the music, and I am not a stoner. My sister
>> and her husband were very into snowboarding, and very against drugs. Saying
>> that all snowboarders are stoners is like saying all skiers are sissies. It
>> is simply not true
>
>Really? They act like stoners. They dress like stoners. They talk like
>stoners. They look like stoners. And they glorify the use of illegal
>drugs in the very culture of their activity. A fine, upstanding lot.
>There is a big difference between renting a board on your twice-a-year
>weekend trip to the slopes and the drug lifestyle this bunch
>glorifies. Teach your 3-year-old how to snowboard? Sure. Just give him
>some rolling papers and a Bic while you're at it.

MaYbe a nice Bong at Winter Solstice or birthday time...

"BA" Baraka

Feb 13, 2002, 12:51:35 AM2/13/02
On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 23:45:12 GMT, "John Forrest Tomlinson"
<20...@jt10000removethesewords.com> was all like :

>"Maryellen Jenkins" <jenk...@home.com> wrote in message
>> I said I do like the music.
>
>What is snowboard music?

Usually sounds like live cats being de-nutted...

"BA" Baraka

Feb 13, 2002, 12:51:35 AM2/13/02
On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 20:10:56 -0000, "taywood" <tay...@deadspam.com> was
all like :

>Enough, Enough.
>Now would you please close this thread and stop this foolish
>cross posting. Lets just get back to OUR Olympics.
>For most of us around the world havent got a clue what you're
>talking about anyway.

We were talking about OUR Olympics being a haven of drug abusers and
no-accounts..

HTH

"BA" Baraka

Feb 13, 2002, 12:51:35 AM2/13/02
On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 11:46:11 GMT, jkm0...@surfglobal.net was all like :

>>In article <qnkf6u8a1o0e1hrca...@4ax.com>, Seargent Stedenko
>><sto...@homegrown.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'll bet she can't...
>>>
>>> http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/winter02/snowboard/news?id=1326727
>>>
>>> "snowboarders have their reputations"
>>>
>>> Ain't that a hole with no bottom.
>>>
>>> What a shame to have America's first gold tainted by the stigma of drug
>>> abuse. It just makes teh rest of us skiers look dumn.
>

>Stedenko, I bet you're just another one of those hoity-toity alpine
>skiers (usually not very good) who can't bear to see snowboarders on
>'your' mountain.

Not if the'yre stumbling around all smoked up as usual..

"BA" Baraka

Feb 13, 2002, 1:04:38 AM2/13/02

Michael Kelly Larsen

Feb 13, 2002, 1:14:40 AM2/13/02

""BA" Baraka" <KBA...@thebighouse.com> wrote in message

Ummmm....... prestige? BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

At least we're not whacking each other with lead pipes...
Oh, I'm sorry, that was the dignified female figure skaters.....
I'm sorry, what was your point again *B^)?

--MKL

Dave

Feb 13, 2002, 1:20:23 AM2/13/02
On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 23:45:12 GMT, John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>"Maryellen Jenkins" <jenk...@home.com> wrote in message
>> I said I do like the music.
>
>What is snowboard music?

Wu Tang Clan.

Dave

USA USA USA!!! !!! !!!

Feb 13, 2002, 1:34:13 AM2/13/02
On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 22:14:40 -0800, "Michael Kelly Larsen"
<mcla...@home.com> wrote:

>Ummmm....... prestige? BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>At least we're not whacking each other with lead pipes...
>Oh, I'm sorry, that was the dignified female figure skaters.....
>I'm sorry, what was your point again *B^)?
>
>--MKL

Yes, we can read all about your "point" at the URL below...

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=portugal+%22human+rights%22&hl=en&selm=868940777.15989%40dejanews.com&rnum=1

Dave

Feb 13, 2002, 1:40:41 AM2/13/02
On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 00:10:53 -0000, ph00ey <$YADDAH$@hotm

>> Correct. You said that you didn't dress like them and you weren't a
>> stoner, but since you were identifying with their drug-induced ways,
>> it must be because you like the music that only sounds rational under
>> hallucinogenics. QED.
>
>this is funny...GO AWAY Trent you anal retentive...why are you even posting
>in here if you are down on 'boarding...no skiiing friends to rip the piss
>out of, maybe no friends at all...bet you were bullied at school or had lots
>of older sisters...maybe no male role models to identify with.
>
>ahhh...too easy. Come back in when you're ready.
>I love the sound of a friable ego being rent asunder (Trent...go look these
>big words up)

You youngsters need to quit boarding so much and start paying attention
in school, and show a little more respect for authority. Quit toking on
that reefer and drinking those forties. It's killing what few brain
cells you have left (as you have so effectively proven over the last day
or two).

Boarders are wusses. For proof, just look at the Hanson video for
MMMBop. I bet they could probably kick all of your butts.

Art

Trent Woodruff

Feb 13, 2002, 1:18:34 AM2/13/02
>Jason Cormier was cut from the North Texas football team for saying...
>>On 2/12/02 17:39, in article 3c699931...@news.desurf.com, "Trent
>>Woodruff" <bct0...@desurf.com> wrote:

>> Correct. You said that you didn't dress like them and you weren't a
>> stoner, but since you were identifying with their drug-induced ways,
>> it must be because you like the music that only sounds rational under
>> hallucinogenics. QED.

>Considering your posts, QED is an oxymoron coming from you.

You know, God's gonna get you for using drugs.

Trent

Trent Woodruff

Feb 13, 2002, 1:20:13 AM2/13/02
>Josh was cut from the North Texas football team for saying...

>pot never made me do anything

That's the PROBLEM with it! SHeesh!

Trent

Nottrent Woodpuff

Feb 13, 2002, 9:57:17 AM2/13/02
Man, I can't believe your all being trolled by football wnabees who
probably sit around suckin booze and rubbin their beer bellies trying
to remember some football glimmer of achievement from their teens and
thinking that somehow it makes a difference as to what team they root
for while they watch the games on tv. Meanwhile we're out on the hill.
Of course being trolled can be entertaining too as long as you all
know the level your dealing with :-)

ps: don't crosspost.

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 06:20:13 GMT, bct0...@desurf.com (Trent Woodruff)

Jason Cormier

Feb 13, 2002, 11:39:51 AM2/13/02
On 2/13/02 0:51, in article q4uj6u0v66nijcrov...@4ax.com,
""BA" Baraka" <KBA...@thebighouse.com> wrote:

Another angry young man. You do realise that, since marijuana wasn't listed
as a banned substance by the sport at the time of the Nagano Games, there
were no grounds to strip him of his medal. Please explain where the
hypocrisy lays.

Jason Cormier

Feb 13, 2002, 11:42:18 AM2/13/02
On 2/13/02 1:18, in article 3c6a052d...@news.desurf.com, "Trent
Woodruff" <bct0...@desurf.com> wrote:

>>> Correct. You said that you didn't dress like them and you weren't a
>>> stoner, but since you were identifying with their drug-induced ways,
>>> it must be because you like the music that only sounds rational under
>>> hallucinogenics. QED.
>
>> Considering your posts, QED is an oxymoron coming from you.
>
> You know, God's gonna get you for using drugs.

Tee hee. If I had used them.

Try and wrap your head around the fact that it doesn't take drug use to
realise that you're running around slinging accusations and pasting labels
without a shred of intelligent reasoning. Thus, the oxymoron.

Brian

Feb 13, 2002, 11:56:35 AM2/13/02
Here are a few off of some Mack Dawg SB videos - I guess that
makes them "official" SB tunes eh? <G> great stuff for getting pumped
on the way out to the slopes :-)

Bouncing Souls - Manthem
Bouncing Souls - True_Believers
bad religion - anesthesia
Breeders - Cannonball
Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Right Round
Drop Kick Murpheys - amazing grace
Foo Fighters - Good Grief
Fu Manchu - Hell on wheels
George Thorogood - Who Do You Love
Goo Goo Dolls - Hate This Place
Lagwagon - May 16th
New Bomb Turks - sucker punch
New Bomb Turks- Credibilltiy Race
No Fun At All - - Beat 'Em Down
NOFX - Falling n love
NOFX - Thank God It's Monday
Social Distortion - Don't Drag Me Down

Now, time to crank up KaZaa and check out those more obscure
references that were posted (ya gota love the internet for the music!)

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 19:22:14 -0800, "Michael Kelly Larsen"
<mcla...@home.com> wrote:

> [...]

>Public Enemy "Prophets of Rage"
>Pennywise "Unknown Road"
>The Untouchables "Free Yourself"
>Jesus Jones "Blissed"
>R.A.T.M. "Wake Up"
>Maren Ord "Tonight"
>The Cure "Primary"
>Mother Love Bone "Stardog Champion"
>Roxy Music "Same Old Scene"
>Lynch Mob "Playalistics"
>Operation Ivy "Unity"
>Redd Kross "Where I am Today"
>Psychadelic Furs "Alice's House"
>The Police "Regatta De Blanc"
>Letters To Cleo "I See"
>School of Fish "King of the Dollar"
>Disneyland After Dark "Sleeping My Day Away"
>The Smith's "The Headmasters Ritual"
>Lush "Blackout"
>Echo & The Bunnymen "Never Stop"
>Tool "Intolerance"
>New Order "Chemical"
>REM "It's the End of the World As We Know It"

Jason

Feb 13, 2002, 12:59:23 PM2/13/02

"Dave" <Da...@mindspring.com> schreef in bericht

How is seeing the Hanson video gonna prove snowboarders are wusses?

Are you stoned again?

> Art

ph00ey

Feb 13, 2002, 4:07:55 AM2/13/02
> Ph00ey, shame on you, you have now hit upon my navel pontification
> point. You're gonna' regret this *B^)!!
>
> What is snowboard music? It's anything that you can listen to and says
> "man, this reminds me of riding!" For me the following song list does
> that magnificently well...:

<snipping a great set BTW>

> Your mileage, of course, may vary.
>
> --MKL, saying "you had to ask" *B^)

I was only responding to John Forrest Tomlinson "what is snowboard music"

but to your set I'd have to add...

blink182: what's my age again (sic!)
Blur:song2 (ya gotta hear this)
faith no more: underwater love
Holst: Mars, The Bringer of War
Faith No more: Midlife Crisis
Offspring: Feelings
Pearl Jam: Jeremy

...ah i could go on but whats the point...just wish my little mp3 player
held it all :0)
http://www.blackdogwebdesign.co.uk/c/default.asp
real-time chat over http with no applets...;0)>
http://www.boardmad.com

ph00ey

Feb 13, 2002, 3:56:52 AM2/13/02
<snipping unnecessary cack>
> You sound very angry, S. Are you angry? Maybe you need Jesus in your life.
If you

ROTFLOL ! - missed the irony in my post then Scott you warped and crrrazy
guy ?!

> had Jesus you woldn't be so angry. I encourage you to go study some bibel,
so you
> can lose your anger.

<GRINNING> I suggest you stay in school, keep on at English 101</GRINNING>

> I'll pray for you.

save god the earache, I'm quite beyond redemption...;0)

> Brought to you by the (warped) mind of:
> Scott M. Stearns
> "Mediocre but Lucky"
> "If a man says something in a forest,and there's no woman around to hear
him, is
> he still wrong?"

oooooh great sig ! (not) ...if it relates to you then the answer is almost
certainly yes

<removes tongue from cheek and gets back to work>
Scott

Eggman

Feb 13, 2002, 2:09:27 PM2/13/02
Look, "Michael Kelly Larsen" <mcla...@home.com>, I've been a frickin evil
doctor for thirty frickin years. Cut me some frickin slack.

>"ph00ey" <$YADDAH$@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "John Forrest Tomlinson" <20...@jt10000removethesewords.com> wrote in
>message
>> > "Maryellen Jenkins" <jenk...@home.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > What is snowboard music?
>> >
>> > JT
>>
>> mmm..deep question JT...i ride listening to anything from Holzt
>Planets...to
>> AAF and Greenday. Can anyone beat that coverage ?
>
>Ph00ey, shame on you, you have now hit upon my navel pontification
>point. You're gonna' regret this *B^)!!
>
>What is snowboard music? It's anything that you can listen to and says
>"man, this reminds me of riding!" For me the following song list does
>that magnificently well...:
>
>Your mileage, of course, may vary.

No Joe Satriani? Slacker.

Eggman

Trent Woodruff

Feb 13, 2002, 3:06:31 PM2/13/02
>Jason Cormier was cut from the North Texas football team for saying...

Obviously, the marijuana has turned your brain into a fried scrambled
egg.

Trent

Josh Drury

Feb 13, 2002, 3:45:11 PM2/13/02

"Trent Woodruff" <bct0...@desurf.com> wrote in message

> Obviously, the marijuana has turned your brain into a fried scrambled
> egg.

Say, what ever happened to those ads?

Josh Drury

Ed

Feb 13, 2002, 6:07:54 PM2/13/02
"\"BA\" Baraka" <KBA...@thebighouse.com> wrote in message news:<cdvj6u81940i18qnv...@4ax.com>...

> On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 11:46:11 GMT, jkm0...@surfglobal.net was all like :
>

> >Stedenko, I bet you're just another one of those hoity-toity alpine
> >skiers (usually not very good) who can't bear to see snowboarders on
> >'your' mountain.
>
> Not if the'yre stumbling around all smoked up as usual..
First of all, who are YOU to decide what should or should not be an
Olympic sport based on whether you approve of the lifestyle of the
participants? YOU ARE NOBODY, THAT'S WHO. YOU JUST HAVE TO LIVE WITH
THAT FACT, "B.A. NOBODY". In addition, you are pathetically
misinformed and prejudiced. The vast majority of SERIOUS snowboarders
that I know (and it is a LOT) are no more dopers (as a group) than any
other sport's participants. And if you think that anyone could perform
in the pipe like Powers, Kass, Thomas, and everyone else then you are
simply stupid. Yeah, I'm gonna finish off this bong, then head down to
the pipe and throw a 1080 into a switch 900 while I'm wasted. Right.
It is overconservative hypocrits like yourself who perpetuate this
myth of all snowboarders being potheads. Hypocrits, yes. You and your
$900 neon ski suit wearing friends probably head in for an early
"lunch" around 11:30 and start throwing back the bloody mary's while
discussing how the "doper" snowboarders have ruined your mountain.
Then you head back out for the PM session half drunk, but that's OK
since you are ABUSING a legal substance. You idiots. At least when we
complain about skiers, it's for a good reason like watching one slide
up a jump we've built so slowly that they can't even get over it and
just ruin the face or when they decide to show us who's boss of the
pipe, then snake the drop-in and do a back-splat to yardsale and take
10 minutes to pick up their ass and get out. Your complaint? "Fuckin'
dopers push all the snow off the trails and stop everywhere, probably
to have another joint". Hey just make one of your patented
stem-christy turns and avoid us, Jean Claude Killy. And you can always
find plenty of snow at the side of the trail, in fact you are just as
much of a novice as the side-slipping novice snowboarders if you spend
all of your time sweeping back and forth in the middle of the trail.
Unless you are one of those "bombers" who just tuck, straightline it,
and yell "Whoooooo-hooooo" all the way down the trail, in which case
you don't need the snow.
Have a nice day.

John Forrest Tomlinson

Feb 13, 2002, 6:59:14 PM2/13/02

> > Ph00ey, shame on you, you have now hit upon my navel pontification
> > point. You're gonna' regret this *B^)!!
> >
> > What is snowboard music? It's anything that you can listen to and
says
> > "man, this reminds me of riding!" For me the following song list
does
> > that magnificently well...:
>
> <snipping a great set BTW>
>
> > Your mileage, of course, may vary.
> >
> > --MKL, saying "you had to ask" *B^)
>
> I was only responding to John Forrest Tomlinson "what is snowboard
music"

> but to your set I'd have to add...
>
> blink182: what's my age again (sic!)
> Blur:song2 (ya gotta hear this)
> faith no more: underwater love
> Holst: Mars, The Bringer of War
> Faith No more: Midlife Crisis
> Offspring: Feelings
> Pearl Jam: Jeremy
>
> ...ah i could go on but whats the point...just wish my little mp3
player
> held it all :0)

Can I listen to that stuff if I don't snowboard (actually I have music
by about a third of the artists on your list -- but though I have
Holst I realize I haven't listened to for over a decade)

JT

NB: reply-to address is munged

Visit http://www.jt10000.com

Michael Kelly Larsen

Feb 13, 2002, 7:37:42 PM2/13/02
"John Forrest Tomlinson" <20...@jt10000removethesewords.com> wrote in message

John,

Of course you can. It was my little way of saying that there's
really no such thing as "snowboard" music. I mean, there's
music that has become almost synonymous with the sport,
and there are bands who have become known because of
snowboard videos, but snowboarding doesn't have a Dick
Dale or anything *B^).

If you like the list I've made, you're welcome to appropriate
any and all for your listening pleasure. Just make sure to get them
properly and give the artists their due (whole nother subject I
could rail on about).

> JT

--MKL

Sam

Feb 13, 2002, 7:48:24 PM2/13/02
Separate issues. Almost every drug on the list is "legal" at least in terms
of docs being able to prescribe it. Anabolic steroids are legal, albeit
controlled (in the US anyway) by law. Also, different countries have
different laws regarding drugs. Pot is pretty well ignored by the police in
Vancouver, BC. The IOC is not a police agency, it governs the Olympic
Games and the individual sports are, for the most part, responsible for the
rules of competition.

> On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 19:34:57 -0700, "Sam" <marat...@mindspring.com>
> was all like :
>
> >If I recall, marijuana was not on the banned substance list for the IOC
at
> >the time (the family of THC was not in). Although he tested positive,
since
> >it was not on the banned list of drugs (these are actually families of
> >drugs), the IOC could not take away his medal.
>
> Illegal, recreational drugs are ok because they are not on the list?

Sam

Feb 13, 2002, 7:50:18 PM2/13/02
Wow! Go Ed, Go!
"Ed" <snowb...@arcticmail.com> wrote in message

netnews.attbi.com

Feb 13, 2002, 8:02:31 PM2/13/02
PLEASE stop cross posting to rec.skiing.nordic

Jason Cormier

Feb 13, 2002, 8:42:30 PM2/13/02
On 2/13/02 15:06, in article 3c6ac727...@news.desurf.com, "Trent
Woodruff" <bct0...@desurf.com> wrote:

> Obviously, the marijuana has turned your brain into a fried scrambled
> egg.

Trent, if your goal in life is to be a blatant troll, you could at least
aspire to be a good troll.

Trent Woodruff

Feb 14, 2002, 12:53:21 AM2/14/02
>Jason Cormier was cut from the North Texas football team for saying...

And yet, you continue to respond, which shows that my trolling is
good...hmmm...quite the conundrum, eh!

Trent

Jason Cormier

Feb 14, 2002, 11:15:44 AM2/14/02
On 2/14/02 0:53, in article 3c6b50b5...@news.desurf.com, "Trent

Woodruff" <bct0...@desurf.com> wrote:

> And yet, you continue to respond, which shows that my trolling is
> good...hmmm...quite the conundrum, eh!

Only if you're a bad troll. You do understand that the goal of a good troll
isn't to simply garner replies, don't you?

Matt

Feb 14, 2002, 12:01:07 PM2/14/02

"Ed" <snowb...@arcticmail.com> wrote in message

Excellent points. Don't let these trolls get you too wound up
though, they're just not worth it. BTW, since you mentioned
Jean Claude Killy, you should know that he's on our side now :-)

Here's an interview:

http://www.skimag.com/article/inmyview.cfm?alias_id=9090

and an excerpt from it:
Feb 14, 2002, 12:35:29 PM2/14/02
> Here's an interview:
>
> http://www.skimag.com/article/inmyview.cfm?alias_id=9090
>
> and an excerpt from it:

outstanding ;0)
scott

taywood

Feb 14, 2002, 4:06:20 PM2/14/02
OK People
You've had your fun, now please stop this stupid cross posting
to rec.skiing.nordic.
We don't know who you people are in America, we dont know
what you are talking about, we dont even care, but your moronic
posts are costing us money in expensive server use.

"Jason Cormier" <fj...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

S. M. Stearns

Feb 14, 2002, 3:43:56 PM2/14/02

"taywood" <tay...@deadspam.com> wrote in message

> OK People
> You've had your fun, now please stop this stupid cross posting
> to rec.skiing.nordic.
> We don't know who you people are in America, we dont know
> what you are talking about, we dont even care, but your moronic
> posts are costing us money in expensive server use.

Here's a hint : move to somewhere more technologically advanced.

Also : your own post cost people thousands of dollars. QUIT POSTING!!!!!!

Endorphin

Feb 14, 2002, 5:22:10 PM2/14/02
Seargent Stedenko wrote:

> This "sport" is riddled with dopers and slackers.

What's wrong with that??
Just because you like your uptight lifestyle, don't force it onto other
people..

Jacob Scheckman

Feb 14, 2002, 7:45:58 PM2/14/02
So whats the big deal? Some people smoke a little pot. What if every
Olympic athlete who partied a little, and tested positive for ALCHOHAL
consumption was banned and stripped of everything but their clothes.
What would the Olympics look like then? If the snowboarding culture
is ruining the dignity of the Olympics than what are the figure
skating judges doing?

Scott Hendryx

Feb 14, 2002, 7:53:11 PM2/14/02

"Jacob Scheckman" <crosscou...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Practicing running for President.

--
Scott Hendryx--
--Life---
It's Sexually Transmitted and Always Fatal

Trucker Bob

Feb 14, 2002, 10:35:44 PM2/14/02
Just out of curiosity... What exactly is THE music? Ohhh... Do you mean that
SNOWBOARDER music? The same music we all listen to?

Yeah Right.

Maryellen Jenkins wrote:

> I said I do like the music. Not that I didn't like it.
>
> --
> jenk...@home.com

> "Trent Woodruff" <bct0...@desurf.com> wrote in message

> > >Maryellen Jenkins was cut from the North Texas football team for
> saying...
> >
> > >Wait a minute. I am not a snowboarder, I would probably break my neck. I
> > >don't dress like them. I do like the music, and I am not a stoner. '
> >
> > I knew all of that as soon as you said you weren't a snowboarder.
> >

> > Trent

Trucker Bob

Feb 14, 2002, 10:39:46 PM2/14/02

> > You sound very angry, S. Are you angry? Maybe you need Jesus in your life.
> If you
>
> ROTFLOL ! - missed the irony in my post then Scott you warped and crrrazy
> guy ?!
>
> > had Jesus you woldn't be so angry. I encourage you to go study some bibel,
> so you
> > can lose your anger.
>
> I suggest you stay in school, keep on at English 101
>
> > I'll pray for you.
>
> save god the earache, I'm quite beyond redemption...;0)
>
> > Brought to you by the (warped) mind of:
> > Scott M. Stearns
> > "Mediocre but Lucky"
> > "If a man says something in a forest,and there's no woman around to hear
> him, is
> > he still wrong?"
>
> oooooh great sig ! (not) ...if it relates to you then the answer is almost
> certainly yes
>

> Scott

> http://www.blackdogwebdesign.co.uk/c/default.asp
> real-time chat over http with no applets...;0)>
> http://www.boardmad.com

He does sound quite angry, doesn't he? Maybe S missed a little irony himself....

Trucker Bob

Feb 14, 2002, 10:54:57 PM2/14/02

Dave wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 00:10:53 -0000, ph00ey <$YADDAH$@hotm

> >> Correct. You said that you didn't dress like them and you weren't a
> >> stoner, but since you were identifying with their drug-induced ways,
> >> it must be because you like the music that only sounds rational under
> >> hallucinogenics. QED.
> >

> >this is funny...GO AWAY Trent you anal retentive...why are you even posting
> >in here if you are down on 'boarding...no skiiing friends to rip the piss
> >out of, maybe no friends at all...bet you were bullied at school or had lots
> >of older sisters...maybe no male role models to identify with.
> >
> >ahhh...too easy. Come back in when you're ready.
> >I love the sound of a friable ego being rent asunder (Trent...go look these
> >big words up)
>
> You youngsters need to quit boarding so much and start paying attention
> in school, and show a little more respect for authority. Quit toking on
> that reefer and drinking those forties. It's killing what few brain
> cells you have left (as you have so effectively proven over the last day
> or two).
>
> Boarders are wusses. For proof, just look at the Hanson video for
> MMMBop. I bet they could probably kick all of your butts.
>

> Art

Troll, Troll, Troll the boards,
Type a little trash.
Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily
Some boarder'll kick your ass.

Trucker Bob

Feb 14, 2002, 11:05:31 PM2/14/02
James wrote:

> My only question is..
>
> How exactly do you smoke a half-pipe?

It's just like smoking a full-pipe, only for half as long.

> > Really? They act like stoners. They dress like stoners. They talk like
> > stoners. They look like stoners. And they glorify the use of illegal
> > drugs in the very culture of their activity. A fine, upstanding lot.
> > There is a big difference between renting a board on your twice-a-year
> > weekend trip to the slopes and the drug lifestyle this bunch
> > glorifies. Teach your 3-year-old how to snowboard? Sure. Just give him
> > some rolling papers and a Bic while you're at it.

What?!?? Like it's our fault that stoners wanna act, dress, talk, and look
like US...

Oh yeah, and don't forget to have your 3-year-old show you how to operate
the 'child-proof' mechanism on that lighter.

Scott Brown

Feb 15, 2002, 4:51:27 AM2/15/02
<snip>

> He does sound quite angry, doesn't he? Maybe S missed a little irony
himself....

nope...happy as a wee happy person in happy la-la land ;0)

Keith P.

Feb 15, 2002, 6:50:54 AM2/15/02
snowb...@arcticmail.com (Ed) wrote in message news:<fd40d8d6.02021...@posting.google.com>...

> First of all, who are YOU to decide what should or should not be an
> Olympic sport based on whether you approve of the lifestyle of the
> participants?

So you are admitting that they have a questionable lifestyle? Thank
you, that's the first step towards rehab.

[remander of defense of snowboard yahoos snipped]

The fact remains that snowboarders, especially the pipers, got their
reputation as potheads the old-fashioned way... they earned it. Or is
it all a vast right-wing conspiracy?

How appropriate that Regliabate got stoned and then got caught in the
VERY FIRST Olympics they were let into. Proving what a huge mistake it
was. But no, its somehow our problem that we don't like drug abusers.
Right.

It is loading more messages.