do I need a tuna or a converta?

N9NEO

Nov 14, 2009, 9:15:12 PM11/14/09
Hiya

Sorry, I've just arrived from the 20th century and I need some info.
Wife and I are hunkering down here in NY and cutting costs wherever
possible. (We would rather spend our money on food & water, gold &
silver and guns & ammo.) I just bought the TV described below,
Samsung LN32B460B2DXZA, and I'm going to try and run this thing on an
antenna. Am I going to need a converter box between the antenna and
set? I'm thinking probably not.

All SAMSUNG LCD HDTVs have an integrated digital tuner. So, whether
you're watching over-the-air HD digital broadcasts or connecting to
cable/satellite service, SAMSUNG has you covered.

Thank you for your time and Obama sucks.

Kind regards,
Bob
N9NEO

P.S. Silver is still a nice buy at this time. Under $18 and expected
to go to $22 by April 2010. I just bought 50K worth and I'm hoping to
finance a garage in the spring with my profits.

BobS

Nov 15, 2009, 9:36:14 AM11/15/09
N9NEO wrote:
> Hiya
>
> Sorry, I've just arrived from the 20th century and I need some info.
> Wife and I are hunkering down here in NY and cutting costs wherever
> possible. (We would rather spend our money on food & water, gold &
> silver and guns & ammo.) I just bought the TV described below,
> Samsung LN32B460B2DXZA, and I'm going to try and run this thing on an
> antenna. Am I going to need a converter box between the antenna and
> set? I'm thinking probably not.
>
> All SAMSUNG LCD HDTVs have an integrated digital tuner. So, whether
> you're watching over-the-air HD digital broadcasts or connecting to
> cable/satellite service, SAMSUNG has you covered.
>
> Thank you for your time and Obama sucks.
>
> Kind regards,
> Bob
> N9NEO

And you're looking for an intelligent response?

SX-25

Nov 15, 2009, 9:53:42 AM11/15/09

Very clever posting...I enjoyed it. Don't understand the response deriding
the "intelligence" of what you wrote because your posting was clearly
written by a bright and clever individual.

Yes, we too have just arrived from the 20th century; quite frankly I am
looking around on Priceline.COM to buy affordable tickets back to the 20th
Century. After arriving in the 21st Century we feel it is much over-rated
and sucks.

Bought my wife a really slick SONY LCD under cabinet TV/CD for the kitchen 2
years ago. It too has a digital tuner but you still need one of their damned
converter boxes. By the way, the first thing you'll notice about the crappy
new HDTV system is that it is susceptible to every form of interference and
you will lose portions of programs in fading and look at a screen full of
"squares" until the signal level returns to full strength.

Most of the time we are watching old analog reruns from VHS tapes anyway.
Too bad the NAB and TV industry couldn't have grown some cajones and spoke
up against changing over to the new and inferior system. By the way, even
Radio Havana Cuba (Cuba!) is laughing at us for making this change. Since
buying a digital converter (at a garage sale) 2 months ago we've probably
logged no more than an hour watching TV. The morons in the industry haven't
heard yet about all the competition TV stations have from high speed
Internet etc etc etc. Not a smart move to make it MORE DIFFICULT to build an
audience, was it? It's just as well...fewer people to see the insipid
political ads they'll be running in 2010 and 2012. Justice.

Good luck.

RHF

Nov 15, 2009, 6:14:42 PM11/15/09

Dollars-Make-Cents Reality Check :

Every US Dollar Increase in the Price of Silver
and Gold is One more US Dollar Decrease in
the Relative "Value" of the US Dollar; and that
does not reprsent a Profit; just the preservation
of your original Capital Investment in the Gold
anbd Silver.

Once the USA is Bankrupt in the next Decade
and can no longer support it's Military and resigns
as a Global Peacekeeper:

USA is Bankruptcy will happen when the US Dollar
is Devaluated to 20~25 Cents on the Dollar if 'we'
Americans are Lucky
-translation- Your $50K would be worth $200K~$250K
in New {Devalued} Dollars.
-but- a $500 HDTV that is Made-in-China would
then Cost $2000~$2500 New {Devalued} Dollars.

-or- to 5~10 Cents on the Dollar if 'we' Americans
are Unlucky.
-translation- Your $50K would be worth $500K~$1MK
in New {Devalued} Dollars.
-but- a $500 HDTV that is Made-in-China would
then Cost $5K~$10K New {Devalued} Dollars.

Gold Ain't No Investment : It's a Hedge Against
the Devaluation of the US Dollar little-by-little
year-by-year for Decades -or- a Massive Monetary
Collapse of the US Dollar.

gol or silver take your 'pick' -cause- the future
of the us dollar don't look good ~ RHF
.

.

cuh...@webtv.net

Nov 15, 2009, 6:59:07 PM11/15/09
www.devilfinder.com
Value of U.S.Dollar in 1900 compared to 2009

You might as well skip wiki wiki woo woo.wiki wiki woo woo and google
SUCK! They Don't know S.it!

A U.S.Dollar today is worth less than five cents compared to what it was
worth in the year of 1900.
Why? because of those Damn politicians, that is why.
cuhulin

N9NEO

Nov 16, 2009, 10:12:38 PM11/16/09

I don't think I'm going to need a converter box. I put the Samsung on
over the air mode and was able to pull in a couple of digital
stations. (And yes, it's way different than the old analog when you
don't have enough signal strength.) That was down in my living room
with a pair of crappy rabbit ears the dunce at radio shack sold me.
He wanted me to buy the preamp ears. I told him no. When I was
checking out he tried to sell me the extended protection plan. He
said a power line disturbance could take out my rabbit ears - Heheh.
Tomorrow the rabbit ears go back. I should get buy with a small bow-
tie in the attic. I need from 480MHz - 750MHz .The transmitters here
in Rochester are about 3 miles line-of-sight from my qth.

Yes, a hedge against inflation. Rhodium went up around 7% today. I
think land might be a good deal too. Wife and I are planning to
retire to NH in a couple years so we're going up there in the spring.
Hope the Chinese don't beat me to it. I think they're going to try
and buy up America before their USDs are worthless. Incandesant
lightbulbs might be a good investment, and I can't get toilet paper
out of my mind for some reason.

regards,
NEO