RHF's Plan For The "HD" AM/MW Radio Band - Going All Digital And Beyond !

RHF

Mar 31, 2007, 5:51:01 AM3/31/07
Burr,

Many believe that "HD" Radio -aka- IBOC will when fully
implemented in the USofA will create a Digital {White}
Noise Barrier across the AM/MW Band.

Effectively -then- all AM/MW Radio reception will be 'Local'
-with-in- the so called 10mv/m Contour.

Yes - This effectively will end DXing as we know it. ~ RHF

- - - REPOST - - -

IBOC Digital "Hash" {Noise} - It is a "Additive" Problem that Grows
both Day and Night and Raises the Local and Distant Noise Levels
with respect to Radio Signal reception.

Local - 7 IBOC IBOC Digital "Hash" {Noise} Generators
-aka- AM "HD" Radio Stations
Maybe Adds One S-Unit of Added Noise to the S/N Across the Band

Regional Area - 49 IBOC IBOC Digital "Hash" {Noise} Generators
-aka- AM "HD" Radio Stations
Maybe Adds One S-Unit of Added Noise to the S/N Across the Band
- - - Adds Up to Two S-Units of Added Noise

State - 343 IBOC IBOC Digital "Hash" {Noise} Generators
-aka- AM "HD" Radio Stations
Maybe Adds One S-Unit of Added Noise to the S/N Across the Band
- - - Adds Up to Three S-Units of Added Noise

Nationally - 2401 IBOC IBOC Digital "Hash" {Noise} Generators
-aka- AM "HD" Radio Stations
Maybe Adds One S-Unit of Added Noise to the S/N Across the Band
- - - Adds Up to Four S-Units of Added Noise

IMHO - Full implimentation of IBOC Across the Nation on the
majority of AM/MW Radio Stations : Will mean that "All" AM/MW
Radio Reception will be Local. The 10mv/m Contour with be a
[Boundry] that No-Out-Side-Signal will be able to penetrate beyond.

and that is the way i see (hear) it ~ RHF
- - - E O F - - -

Burr - Then there is the Nasty Little Secret of the New
"HD" Digital Signal "Designed" Broadcast Limits:
* Typical FM Signal Design Range 92KM (58 Miles)
* Typical AM Signal Design Range 150KM (93 Miles)
Yes -This is the 'ever' "Limiting" 10 mv/m Contour of
a "HD" Radio Station's Area of Service.

TBL - This 'results' in More "Localized" Radio Stations
-and- More "Local" Advertising Dollar $ $ $

READ - why not, Why Not. WHY NOT ! - Leave AM Radio Alone
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/f64c4f482b701d06

Point # 1 - Why Not - Expand the FM Band !
Yes "HD" Radio makes sense in an "Expanded"
FM Radio Band to cover 76 MHz to 88 MHz to
create and additional 60 Channels for many of
the AM/MW Radio Stations to Transition to . . .

Point # 2 - Re-Configure the AM/MW Band !
YES "HD" Radio will Trash the AM/MW Radio Band [.]
So -Why-Not- Clear-Out the AM/MW Radio Band of All
Analog Radio Broadcasting and go to All Digital "HD"
AM/MW Radio Broadcasting.

RHF's PLAN FOR THE "HD" AM/MW RADIO BAND
{ Yes - I Have A Plan ! :o} -Cause- I Think 'Digital' 24/7 !

SPACING - Space the AM "HD" Radio Stations at 25 kHz :
550 - 575 - 600 - 625 - 650 - 675 - 700 - 725 - 750 - 775 -
800 - 825 - 850 - 875 - 900 - 925 - 950 - 975 -
1000 - 1025 - 1050 - 1075 - 1100 - 1125 - 1150 - 1175 -
1200 - 1225 - 1250 - 1275 - 1300 - 1325 - 1350 - 1375 -
1400 - 1425 - 1450 - 1475 - 1500 - 1525 - 1550 - 1575 -
1600 - 1625 - 1650 - 1675 - 1700 kHzs
* Which adds up to 47 AM/MW Radio Channels to be
used for AM/MW "HD" {Ditigal} Radio Broadcasting.

POWER AND NUMBER OF STATIONS
AM/MW "HD" {Ditigal} Radio Broadcasting ERP Levels
{and Limited Number of Radio Stations} :

* Regional Area Market ERP 27 KW {Limit 50 Stations}
Broadcasting on Seven (7) Channels {Frequencies} :
550 - 625 - 700 - 775 - 850 - 925 - 1000
- - - Target Signal Service Area 270 Mile Radius.

* Large Metro Area Market ERP 9 KW {Limit 150 Stations}
Broadcasting on Fourteen (14) Channels {Frequencies} :
1050 - 1100 - 1150 - 1200 - 1250 - 1300 - 1350 - 1400 -
1450 - 1500 - 1550 - 1600 - 1650 - 1700
- - - Target Signal Service Area 90 Mile Radius.

* Metro Area Market ERP 3 KW {Limit 450 Stations}
Assigned to the Non-Regional Channels from 575 to
975 kHz; which is Twelve (12) Frequencies.
- - - Target Signal Service Area 30 Mile Radius.

* Local Small Area Market ERP 1 KW {Limit 1350 Stations}
Assigned to the Non-Large Metro Area Channels from 1075
to 1675 kHz; which is Thirteen (13) Frequencies.
- - - Target Signal Service Area 10 Mile Radius.

-Note- This is the Digital Signal ERP and there would be "NO"
Analog AM/MW Broadcasting by these Radio Stations [.]

This adds up to 2000 'possible' AM/MW "HD" {Ditigal} Radio
Stations Nation-Wide with 200 of the Higher Powered Radio
Stations in the Larger Metro Areas and a Total of 650 for All
Metro Areas with the remaining 1350 for the Smaller Towns
and Cities across the Nation.

FWIW "TIS" and LPFM Community Broadcasters would all be
moved to the Expanded FM Band and be allowed and ERP of :
* 10 Watts Omni for a Site {Airport}
* 30 Watts Bi-Directional Road Advisory {Highway}
* 90 Watts Omni for a Area {City}

oh yes... if - i ruled the world ! :o) ~ RHF
.
PS - They Said It Could Not Be Done - And It Can't !
.
Insanity is the Normal Condition of a mad, Mad. MAD ! World.
.
.
. .

download.com

Mar 31, 2007, 6:00:45 AM3/31/07

"RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

> Burr,
>
> Many believe that "HD" Radio -aka- IBOC will when fully
> implemented in the USofA will create a Digital {White}
> Noise Barrier across the AM/MW Band.
>
> Effectively -then- all AM/MW Radio reception will be 'Local'
> -with-in- the so called 10mv/m Contour.
>
> Yes - This effectively will end DXing as we know it. ~ RHF

THEN, post the names of members of Congress who are working on these
programs so we can ask that they be stopped until they can assure that they
will not mess-up Shortwave!!!

Burr

nsareject...@yahoo.com

Mar 31, 2007, 6:55:23 AM3/31/07
> READ - why not, Why Not. WHY NOT ! - Leave AM Radio Alonehttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/f64c4f482b701d06

It's not a done-deal, yet - the FCC has left it up to consumers to
decide; do you really think that total consumer apathy towards HD
Radio is going to change. Good luck, going all-digital, when there are
only a few tens-of-thousands HD radios in consumer hands, which is
highly-unlikely to change.

nsareject...@yahoo.com

Mar 31, 2007, 8:35:19 AM3/31/07
On Mar 31, 8:51 am, "RHF" <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> READ - why not, Why Not. WHY NOT ! - Leave AM Radio Alonehttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/f64c4f482b701d06

There are only about 175 out of the 4,000+ AM stations broadcasting in
HD and most are owned by the HD Radio Alliance partners. There is
little incentive to other broadcasters to go AM-HD:

"RW Opinion: Rethinking AM's future"

"Only 175 or so AM stations have even licensed AM-HD. For a number of
reasons, quite a few have tried it and taken it off the air, or so the
anecdotal evidence suggests. (Ibiquity no longer reports in its public
summaries whether a station is on the air.) Making AM-HD work well as
a long-term investment is seen as an expensive and risky challenge for
most stations and their owners. With the bulk of successful AMs airing
news, talk and sports, the improved fidelity advantage of HD and
stereo seem only marginally attractive. There is the significant
downside of potential new interference to some of their own AM analog
listeners as well as listeners of adjacent-channel stations. And of
course we still have no nighttime authority for AM-HD."

http://www.rwonline.com/pages/s.0044/t.557.html

David Eduardo

Mar 31, 2007, 9:34:06 AM3/31/07

"download.com" <pitz...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

The FCC, not Congress, "works on" such issues. And they approved HD two
weeks ago.

nsareject...@yahoo.com

Mar 31, 2007, 11:18:52 AM3/31/07
On Mar 31, 9:00�am, "download.com" <pitzra...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> "RHF" <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

I emailed Senator Sununu, who is working on legislation to block FCC
tech mandates.

nsareject...@yahoo.com

Mar 31, 2007, 11:40:37 AM3/31/07
On Mar 31, 12:34�pm, "David Eduardo" <amda...@pacbell.com> wrote:
> "download.com" <pitzra...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> > "RHF" <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

> >> Burr,
>
> >> Many believe that "HD" Radio -aka- IBOC will when fully
> >> implemented in the USofA will create a Digital {White}
> >> Noise Barrier across the AM/MW Band.
>
> >> Effectively -then- all AM/MW Radio reception will be 'Local'
> >> -with-in- the so called 10mv/m Contour.
>
> >> Yes - This effectively will end DXing as we know it.  ~ RHF
>
> > THEN, post the names of members of Congress who are working on these
> > programs so we can ask that they be stopped until they can assure that
> > they will not mess-up Shortwave!!!
>
> The FCC, not Congress, "works on" such issues. And they approved HD two
> weeks ago.- Hide quoted text -

I have an idea, Eduardo - I saw in another thread that your sister is
a lawyer. How about I give you my name and address, so the HD Radio
Alliance/iBiquity can sue me for spreading links to other peoples'
works. Then I will have Kahn represent me, and we can get all the
issues with IBOC and iBiquity's sole-source, non-competitve contract
award out in the public forum ? I would welcome having the big bullies
sue me, for all the money we have, then I could counter-sue for
hundreds-of-millions, and finally get all the press coverage we want.
Sound good to you ? Wouldn't the public love that huge corporations
are ganging-up to sue a blogger ?

David Eduardo

Mar 31, 2007, 12:26:16 PM3/31/07

<nsareject...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

On Mar 31, 12:34?pm, "David Eduardo" <amda...@pacbell.com> wrote:

I have an idea, Eduardo - I saw in another thread that your sister is
a lawyer.

---> actually, it is one of my daughters. But reading comprehension is not
one of your strong suits.

How about I give you my name and address, so the HD Radio
Alliance/iBiquity can sue me for spreading links to other peoples'
works.

------> and for lying about things like "increased skywave" and so on.

Then I will have Kahn represent me,

------> Kahn is about 182 years ond. Hope for a quick resolution.

and we can get all the
issues with IBOC and iBiquity's sole-source, non-competitve contract
award out in the public forum ?

---------> it already has been. The FCC is aware of the system's contractual
terms, and approved it.

I would welcome having the big bullies
sue me, for all the money we have, then I could counter-sue for
hundreds-of-millions, and finally get all the press coverage we want.
Sound good to you ? Wouldn't the public love that huge corporations
are ganging-up to sue a blogger ?

------> I think the issue here is going after someone who, for months, has
been spreading lies and misinformation. It's not about blogging. It's about
the lies.

RHF

Mar 31, 2007, 6:53:03 PM3/31/07

- There is little incentive to other broadcasters to go AM-HD:

NSA Reject,

Actually there is - Staying Competitive in the FM Radio
Market Place -and- I will Repeat myself it is FM "HD"
Radio that will Drive the Adoption and Transition to "HD"
Radio Broadcasting -and- AM/MW Radio will just be
dragged-a-long for a very bumpy ride down the road of
technological change.

NOTE - That the 'majority' of Commercial Radio Business
in the USofA is FM Radio Broadcasting -and- the Target
Audience is those Radio Listeners Under-the-Age-of-35.

IMHO - "HD" Radio will be a Success -if- these younger
FM Radio Listeners Buy "HD" Radios because they
"WANT" {and Got-to-Have} the better Quality Sound
that FM "HD" {All Digital} Radio offers them for the
Enjoyment of their Music.

FWIW - The Future of many Analog AM Radio Stations
lies in an Expanded FM "HD" Radio Band and the
transition of their Broadcast Rights from AM to FM
as a Better Business that Serves the Interest of the
American Public more Efficiently.

OBTW - What "HD" Radio does for AM/MW Radio
is simply an after-thought :
-IF- HD Radio 'benefits' AM/MW Radio Great
-IF NOT- Oh Well AM/MW Radio is a diminishing
Con$umer Market anyway.

damn - i am beginning to sound like 'de' ~ RHF
.
.
. .

> "RW Opinion: Rethinking AM's future"
>
> "Only 175 or so AM stations have even licensed AM-HD. For a number of
> reasons, quite a few have tried it and taken it off the air, or so the
> anecdotal evidence suggests. (Ibiquity no longer reports in its public
> summaries whether a station is on the air.) Making AM-HD work well as
> a long-term investment is seen as an expensive and risky challenge for
> most stations and their owners. With the bulk of successful AMs airing
> news, talk and sports, the improved fidelity advantage of HD and
> stereo seem only marginally attractive. There is the significant
> downside of potential new interference to some of their own AM analog
> listeners as well as listeners of adjacent-channel stations. And of
> course we still have no nighttime authority for AM-HD."
>

> http://www.rwonline.com/pages/s.0044/t.557.html- Hide quoted text -

dxAce

Mar 31, 2007, 6:55:21 PM3/31/07

RHF wrote:

Do you spit or swallow?

Brenda Ann

Mar 31, 2007, 7:06:35 PM3/31/07

> RHF wrote:
>> IMHO - "HD" Radio will be a Success -if- these younger
>> FM Radio Listeners Buy "HD" Radios because they
>> "WANT" {and Got-to-Have} the better Quality Sound
>> that FM "HD" {All Digital} Radio offers them for the
>> Enjoyment of their Music.

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Better quality sound? These kids are stuffing their ipods full of 64Kbps
mp3 files so they can get as much music as possible onto them. On top of
that, the radio is so compressed that it doesn't sound much like the
original material anyway, so why bother buying yet another radio to hear the
same old garbage?

You do realize that most young people have been into 'album music' for a
long time now, and don't even really listen to the spoon-fed pap that the
industry is trying to feed them? The only place I ever hear the radio on
base is in the mail room. Most are playing CD's (rap/hiphop) or MP3's from a
disc on boomboxes.

Now give a little thought to this: Are any of the people who fileshare
copyright music going to pay $200 for a radio to hear someone else play it
with added advertisements? I really doubt it. Think I'll do a poll on base
and see how much any of those 18-25 year old soldiers care about radio in
general, and "HD" radio in particular.

m II

Mar 31, 2007, 8:36:39 PM3/31/07
dxAce wrote:

>> damn - i am beginning to sound like 'de' ~ RHF
>
> Do you spit or swallow?

Drunk again, I see. Stop posting in a public forum when you get stupid,
ok? It's bad enough putting up with your verbal diarrhea when you're sober

Remember your last drunk? Let me remind you of your wit and wisdom, Lare.

Do you spit or swallow?

And when you do confront HD, you'll have Cocksucker Dave and The
Prancer Boys to thank for it.

Next time we come over the pond once again to save your sorry ass's
we'll have to dismantle that stuff.

Not at all, we are both Miami Indians... ya got a problem with that, boy?

Ya right, suck my dick...

Because I hate White Boy Canucks who suck cock...

Dey done unnerstannn that us nateev boyyys R real Mericans!

Sorry, I'm not a racist like you, Edweenie...

You dumb sand niggers (sorry, I categorize ya all this way) need to
understand that you need to get your collective shit together...

Damn, the Canucky Niggah didn't have a damn thing to say...

Wonder why.... could it be that the Canucky Niggah is timid, afraid...?

Nah, he was fake little cock sucker like you!

Your pathological lying is an offense to me, and more than likely an
offense to God as well.

No medications here, cock sucker boy..

Come on now, you being a nice Liberal, Carbon Footprint, Al Gore, Cock
Sucking kinda Canuck Bastard..

I won R plantation up nord, dat dem dum ass Canuckys be oween us, ya be
'standin me?

CanaDuh is stupidity!

Stupid little pussy faggot!

Liar, liar, pantalunes on fire!

Mr. Edweenie, the forces of Good are gonna come visit your sorry fake
Hispanic White Boy Ass if you keep it up!

Pay attention, cock sucker...

LMFAO as I sit and look at my royalty cheques...

You've done this before, cock sucker...

Believe it, it's like a dream to be with you again...

LMFAO at yet another dumb friggin Canuck..

Huh... you be just another stupid white boy outta Cleveland...
I suggest you get together with your "significant other" and bump butt
with each other,

I know it may be hard, but as you withdraw, it will shrink away..

Oh damn, I guess we pissed another wanker off, Cuz..

I get my ride be fixed, I be cruisin to be givin ya da shake, yu be
knowin, eh?

Try again, shithead.....

Dem Canucky boyz are dumaz rasissts..

We gone be sen u to sumplac bad boy... u be so bad weben the reel
Canuckys won wan u.

Eh? You sum dumass Canucuy bithyboy...

Fookin bustards! Like Edweenie!

If you'd like to call me, I'm here to help you until 0330 GMT at:
616 335-9762
dxAce
Michigan
USA

I ain't white, but unlike you, I dislike no one...

Best you wake up soon... fookin retard leetle beetch..

Fookin 'retard.

It is then my patriotic friend, you must reach in the closet, place your
hands upon the weapon, and blow the cock sucking, bean blower back into
Mary's arms....

Indeed, I'm now at WAR with Canuckistan..

May the Great Spirit help the hapless bastards.

Actually VA facilities are quite good, but if you Canucky niggahs poke
around one might find a lot of things wrong.

At any rate, I'd bet it beats the Canucky Third World state of care...

CanaDuh sucks...

Wanna go to war, shit head?

Think you might win? Think you got a chance?

If you don't... I'd keep my fookin Canucky mouth shut, boy...

Please check out Alcoholics Anonymous. They are there to help people
like you.

mike

dxAce

Mar 31, 2007, 8:41:53 PM3/31/07

m II wrote:

Is there a Canucks Anonymous? I'm certain they'd be there to help retards such
as yourself. Elsewise call Heath CanaDuh, if anything, the wait on the line will
put your sorry ass to sleep then we won't have to bother with you for a while.

Wishing you all the best in your recovery,

dxAce
Michigan
USA