Good outdoor omni-directional fm antenna ?

one@bellsouth.com James

Mar 6, 2008, 7:12:43 PM3/6/08
Who makes a good outdoor, omni-directional fm antenna ?

I prefer to use RG6 as the lead in, and I definitely need an
omni-directional antenna.

Radio Shack used to make a dual element, folded dipole outside fm antenna,
but I don't find it on their website.

Thanks for any tips !!

James

Brenda Ann

Mar 6, 2008, 7:38:40 PM3/6/08

"James" <no o...@bellsouth.com> wrote in message

I'll probably get flamed here... but there is really no such thing as a good
omnidirectional FM antenna. None of them have any multipath rejection
whatsoever, and since multipath is most likely what you're trying to
alleviate, you're just as likely as not to end up with just as bad a signal
(stronger, yes, but no less garbled and noisy) as you would have with your
indoor antenna. In fact, a cheap pair of rabbit ears will usually outperform
one of those turnstiles, unless you live in a perfectly flat area with no
surrounding tall structures.

Burr

Mar 6, 2008, 8:43:45 PM3/6/08

"Brenda Ann" <

> I'll probably get flamed here... but there is really no such thing as a
> good omnidirectional FM antenna. None of them have any multipath
> rejection whatsoever, and since multipath is most likely what you're
> trying to alleviate, you're just as likely as not to end up with just as
> bad a signal (stronger, yes, but no less garbled and noisy) as you would
> have with your indoor antenna. In fact, a cheap pair of rabbit ears will
> usually outperform one of those turnstiles, unless you live in a perfectly
> flat area with no surrounding tall structures.

Flame, Flame & Flamed

Burr

Burr

Mar 6, 2008, 8:45:33 PM3/6/08

"Brenda Ann" <bre...@shinbiro.com> wrote in message

> "James" <no o...@bellsouth.com> wrote in message

Damn "Cross Poster"!!!

Burr

Telamon

Mar 6, 2008, 9:58:23 PM3/6/08
In article <fbudneLCpu8QE03a...@giganews.com>,
"Brenda Ann" <bre...@shinbiro.com> wrote:

No flames. The radio shack antenna is a turnstile. Basically two folded
dipoles at 90 degrees to each other with cross feed.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

RHF

Mar 6, 2008, 10:52:57 PM3/6/08
- Flame, Flame & Flamed
-
- Burr

Burr - Charbroiled will do- i am an old 'toasty' ~ RHF
.

JBorg, Jr.

Mar 6, 2008, 11:16:22 PM3/6/08
> Brenda Ann wrote:
>> James wrote

>> Who makes a good outdoor, omni-directional fm antenna ?
>>
>> I prefer to use RG6 as the lead in, and I definitely need an
>> omni-directional antenna.
>>
>> Radio Shack used to make a dual element, folded dipole outside fm
>> antenna, but I don't find it on their website.
>>
>> Thanks for any tips !!
>>
>> James
>
> I'll probably get flamed here... but there is really no such thing as
> a good omnidirectional FM antenna. None of them have any multipath
> rejection whatsoever, and since multipath is most likely what you're
> trying to alleviate, you're just as likely as not to end up with just
> as bad a signal (stronger, yes, but no less garbled and noisy) as you
> would have with your indoor antenna. In fact, a cheap pair of rabbit
> ears will usually outperform one of those turnstiles, unless you live
> in a perfectly flat area with no surrounding tall structures.

A few years ago, I bought a Cambridge Tuner that came with flexible
dipole (wire) antenna. I also bought a Magnum Dynalab - ST-2 FM
Omnidirectional Antenna shown here:

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MDST2

Guess what, indoor, the flexible dipole beats the ST-2 hands down in
everyway. No contest.

Two weeks later, the APS-13 antenna I have ordered arrived.

http://www.antennaperformance.com/

Then went to Fry's and bought a rotor with wire-dial control, a
pole (2) and RG6 cable (I'm sure) at high-end store. Then installed
them on the roof by fastening on the chimney and came down to listen.

If there is such thing as miracle on the roof, THIS is IT.

I caught so many stations that I begun to loose count after 105.
I first started listing them one at the time earnestly for the next 4 or 5
days, and then got tired. If I turn the antenna's rotor using the control
at, say, 180 degrees, I'd get an altogether different station -- in the
same dial! They're all clear except when it's overcast. The stations
that comes clear nearby, comes clearer. I get stations from as far as
75 to 100 miles and perhaps farther than I care to know. I dreaded it
each time I came accross and saw this (unfinished) list 'cause I feel
guilty. I really don't wanna do that anymore.

RHF

Mar 6, 2008, 11:39:20 PM3/6/08
On Mar 6, 6:58 pm, Telamon <telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid>
wrote:
> In article <fbudneLCpu8QE03anZ2dnUVZ_tqtn...@giganews.com>,

>  "Brenda Ann" <bren...@shinbiro.com> wrote:
>

> > "James" <no o...@bellsouth.com> wrote in message
> > > Who makes a good outdoor, omni-directional fm antenna ?
>
> > > I prefer to use  RG6 as the lead in, and I definitely need an
> > > omni-directional antenna.
>
> > > Radio Shack used to make a dual element, folded dipole outside fm antenna,
> > > but I don't find it on their website.
>
> > > Thanks for any tips !!
>
> > > James
>
> > I'll probably get flamed here... but there is really no such thing as a good
> > omnidirectional FM antenna.  None of them have any multipath rejection
> > whatsoever, and since multipath is most likely what you're trying to
> > alleviate, you're just as likely as not to end up with just as bad a signal
> > (stronger, yes, but no less garbled and noisy) as you would have with your
> > indoor antenna. In fact, a cheap pair of rabbit ears will usually outperform
> > one of those turnstiles, unless you live in a perfectly flat area with no
> > surrounding tall structures.

- No flames. The radio shack antenna is a turnstile.
- Basically two folded dipoles at 90 degrees to each
- other with cross feed.
-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California
-

Yes Telamon,

The Turnstile FM Antenna does work very well in Urban
Areas; where you have strong FM Signals coming from
many FM Radio Stations who's signals are originating
from several locations and directions spread-out all
around your Home or Office.

"Turnstile" Omni-Directional FM Antenna (FMSS)
http://www.mindspring.com/~brucec/turnstil.gif
http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?prod=FMSS

Mounting the Turnstile FM Antenna Up-in-the-Air
at least 6 Feet about the Roof.

Use RG-6 Quad-Shield Coax Cable for the feed-in-line.

The more complex and expensive alternative would
be a directional FM Antenna with a Rotor.

~ RHF
.

RHF

Mar 6, 2008, 11:45:32 PM3/6/08

James,

Types of Common FM {TV} Antennas
http://www.fanfarefm.com/fm-antennas.gif
http://www.kyes.com/antenna/antennatypes/antennatypes.html

Quick Read : FM Antennas -by- Bruce Carter
http://www.mindspring.com/~brucec/fmant.htm

Some Notes on FM BC Antennas
Part 1: A Few Basics -by- L. B. Cebik [W4RNL]
http://www.cebik.com/vhf/fm1.html
Plus at the Bottom of each WebPage there are Links
to the other Four WebPages in the Series.

hope this helps - iane ~ RHF
.

dxAce

Mar 7, 2008, 4:08:45 AM3/7/08

"JBorg, Jr." wrote:

I picked up a new Radio Shack 6 element FM antenna for $5 and a new Radio Shack
rotor last year for $20. I'm looking forward to putting the system together this
spring just to see just what I'll be able to pick up.

one@bellsouth.com James

Mar 7, 2008, 6:04:51 AM3/7/08
Thanks RHF, and to all other commentators !!

James

Burr

Mar 7, 2008, 6:23:19 AM3/7/08

> Thanks RHF, and to all other commentators !!
>
> James

Se Telamon, he like Roy better then you!!!

Burr

But then Roy didn't have all that sig block.

RHF

Mar 7, 2008, 6:45:46 AM3/7/08
On Mar 7, 3:23 am, "Burr" <pitzra...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> "James" <no o...@bellsouth.com> wrote in message

- - Thanks RHF, and to all other commentators !!
- -
- - James
-
- Se Telamon, he like Roy better then you!!!
-
- Burr
-
- But then Roy didn't have all that sig block.

Burr - YSDY ! ;-} ~ RHF
.

GregS

Mar 7, 2008, 8:35:23 AM3/7/08
In article <44df7902-4488-4858...@s8g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, RHF <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote:

>On Mar 6, 5:43=A0pm, "Burr" <pitzra...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> "Brenda Ann" <
>>

>> > I'll probably get flamed here... but there is really no such thing as a
>> > good omnidirectional FM antenna. =A0None of them have any multipath

>> > rejection whatsoever, and since multipath is most likely what you're
>> > trying to alleviate, you're just as likely as not to end up with just as=
>
>> > bad a signal (stronger, yes, but no less garbled and noisy) as you would=
>
>> > have with your indoor antenna. In fact, a cheap pair of rabbit ears will=
>
>> > usually outperform one of those turnstiles, unless you live in a perfect=

>ly
>> > flat area with no surrounding tall structures.
>>
>- Flame, Flame & Flamed
>-
>- Burr
>
>Burr - Charbroiled will do- i am an old 'toasty' ~ RHF

Most FM stations have a good omni antenna.

greg

dave

Mar 7, 2008, 9:16:35 AM3/7/08
CP FM has inherent multipath rejection. I have a 4 element slightly
directional Winegard FM only antenna pointing South. I stll get
stations from all around, but I can get virtually every FM station in
Los Angeles and San Diego quite nicely.

GregS

Mar 7, 2008, 9:57:44 AM3/7/08

Without a doubt, a good Yagi on a rotator is best. I wonder
what the cheapest rotator is these days ?

Tandy quit making their rotatable outside RV antenna. It was not
sold at Radio Shack. Radio Shack does have a similar looking round unit
that does not have the motor.
The thing that might be nice is like the old antennas
that used a multiple transmission line going to a box that selected
element pairs for directional control. You can also do this using two
antennas. I bought an RCA unit that went bust. Its an amplified
little square box I lay on the roof. Works pretty well.

I remember my grandparents had different TV antennas and knife switches
for different channels.

greg

dizzy

Mar 7, 2008, 6:08:42 PM3/7/08
JBorg, Jr. wrote:

>Guess what, indoor, the flexible dipole beats the ST-2 hands down in
>everyway. No contest.

I've always had fine performance from the cheap wire dipoles. I tried
one of the RS omni-directionals once (looks like an X made of 3'
oblong loops), and was not impressed.

Mark Zenier

Mar 7, 2008, 12:09:25 PM3/7/08
In article <uk3Aj.8063$Mh2....@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com>,
JBorg, Jr. <Edd...@yahooandhotmail.com> wrote:

>Then went to Fry's and bought a rotor with wire-dial control, a
>pole (2) and RG6 cable (I'm sure) at high-end store. Then installed
>them on the roof by fastening on the chimney and came down to listen.
>
>If there is such thing as miracle on the roof, THIS is IT.
>
>I caught so many stations that I begun to loose count after 105.
>I first started listing them one at the time earnestly for the next 4 or 5
>days, and then got tired. If I turn the antenna's rotor using the control
>at, say, 180 degrees, I'd get an altogether different station -- in the
>same dial! They're all clear except when it's overcast. The stations
>that comes clear nearby, comes clearer. I get stations from as far as
>75 to 100 miles and perhaps farther than I care to know. I dreaded it
>each time I came accross and saw this (unfinished) list 'cause I feel
>guilty. I really don't wanna do that anymore.

Let the FCC computer make the list for you. Get your latitude/longitude
in Degrees/Minutes/Seconds notation and go to the FCC web site
(www.fcc.gov), link to the Media Bureau section and find the license
database search page for FM. (They have ones for TV and AM, too).

Enter in your location and the maximum distance, and the search page
will give you a list of the stations (in a bunch of different formats).
The lists give the bearing and distance to each station from your
location.

Mark Zenier mze...@eskimo.com

dave

Mar 8, 2008, 7:23:42 PM3/8/08

www.fccinfo.com is easier

Telamon

Mar 9, 2008, 12:00:07 AM3/9/08
In article <13t29d9...@corp.supernews.com>,
"Burr" <pitz...@earthlink.net> wrote:

No accounting for taste.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

JBorg, Jr.

Mar 9, 2008, 3:38:24 AM3/9/08
> dave wrote:

>> Mark Zenier wrote:
>>

>> Let the FCC computer make the list for you. Get your
>> latitude/longitude in Degrees/Minutes/Seconds notation and go to the
>> FCC web site (www.fcc.gov), link to the Media Bureau section and
>> find the license database search page for FM. (They have ones for
>> TV and AM, too). Enter in your location and the maximum distance, and the
>> search page
>> will give you a list of the stations (in a bunch of different
>> formats). The lists give the bearing and distance to each station
>> from your location.
>>

> www.fccinfo.com is easier

Thanks Mark & dave, that's interesting and I'll look into it.

JBorg, Jr.

Mar 9, 2008, 3:49:35 AM3/9/08

Making these toy-like, table-top and wall mounted antennas to work is as
rewarding as giving lessons to teach a baboon the fine art of French
cuisine. Compared to an outdoor, roof-top well-designed yagis with
rotor, these mini-omnidirectionals are like pinworms contending with
anacondas.

Go DXing !

JBorg, Jr.

Mar 9, 2008, 3:53:33 AM3/9/08
> GregS wrote:
>

> Without a doubt, a good Yagi on a rotator is best. I wonder
> what the cheapest rotator is these days ?

Not sure about cheapest, I paid about 45 bucks for mine at Fry's
Electronics. It's well-built and obviously weather resistant. Still
working to this day.

Go DXing !

dave

Mar 9, 2008, 9:56:29 AM3/9/08
When Sporadic E happens almost anything will give you a catch. There's
nothing wrong with a folded dipole tacked to an outside wall, especially
in a higher-up room or apartment, if that's all you can do.

RHF

Mar 9, 2008, 1:25:56 PM3/9/08
On Mar 9, 12:49 am, "JBorg, Jr." <Edd...@yahooandhotmail.com> wrote:
> > dizzy wrote:
> > JBorg, Jr. wrote:
>
> >> Guess what, indoor,  the flexible dipole beats the ST-2 hands down in
> >> everyway.  No contest.
>
> > I've always had fine performance from the cheap wire dipoles.  I tried
> > one of the RS omni-directionals once (looks like an X made of 3'
> > oblong loops), and was not impressed.

- Making these toy-like, table-top and wall mounted
- antennas to work is as rewarding as giving lessons
- to teach a baboon the fine art of French cuisine.
-
- Compared to an outdoor, roof-top well-designed yagis
- with rotor, these mini-omnidirectionals are like pinworms
- contending with anacondas.
-
- Go DXing !
-

JBorg, Jr.

Please note that "James" the original poster asked :

"Who makes a good outdoor, omni-directional fm antenna ?"

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/dfb62830262cf871

The average Metro-Area {Local} FM Radio Listener
does not buy and use a "Turnstile" Omni-Directional
FM Antenna for FM Radio DXing. {Distant Listening}.

http://cgi.ebay.com/l_W0QQitemZ190205033741

They buy and use a "Turnstile" FM Antenna because it does
work very well in Urban Areas; where they have strong FM

Signals coming from many FM Radio Stations who's signals

are originating from several locations and directions that
are spread-out all around their Home or Office.

"Turnstile" Omni-Directional FM Antenna on the Roof
http://www.ogrensat.com/graphics/antena2a.jpg
http://home.mchsi.com/~n0gz/antenna_farm2.jpg
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/74/69/22966974.jpg
- - - = = = Versus = = = - - -
Multi-Element FM Antenna with a Rotor mounted
High-Up In-the-Air for FM Radio DXing
http://www.marcradio.org/gxmrctower2.jpg
http://www.blish.org/ppages/bwpics/APS14.jpg
http://www.ogrensat.com/graphics/antena1a.jpg

Clearly Two very 'different' FM Radio Antenna 'Set-Ups :
For Two very 'different' FM Radio Listening uses.
http://www.abc.net.au/reception/radio/fm_antenna.htm

Multi-Element FM Radio Antennas for DXing
Winegard HD-6000 FM Stereo Antenna ProStar PR-6000 4 Element Yagi
Outdoor Local Off-Air Reception Digital Radio Station Signal Rooftop
Aerial, 75 Ohm Suburban Directive, Part # HD6000, PR6000 | With Coax
Cable
http://www.summitsource.com/product_info.php?ref=1&products_id=4584

AntennaCraft FM6 FM Antenna 6 Electronic Elements Triple Driven
Directional Near Fringe Outdoor Radio Station Signal Rooftop Local Off-
Air Digital Stereo Reception Aerial, Part # FM-6 [Item # ANTFM6]
http://www.summitsource.com/product_info.php?ref=1&products_id=6055
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ300196503728

Three (3) Winegard FM {Only} Antennas
http://www.winegard.com/offair/fm.htm
HD6055P - http://www.winegard.com/offair/pdf/HD6055P.pdf
http://www.starkelectronic.com/wnhd6065.jpg

enjoy listening to your radios
it's been 'fm' marvelous ~ RHF
.

Radioguy

Mar 9, 2008, 1:37:15 PM3/9/08

Wouldn't the best omni-directional antenna simply be a whip? All the
others I can think of are going to be steerable.

dave

Mar 9, 2008, 2:27:37 PM3/9/08

A whip or a open ring, depending on polarization. Or maybe an Andrew V.

RHF

Mar 9, 2008, 4:01:30 PM3/9/08
On Mar 9, 10:37 am, Radioguy <hjs...@cs.com> wrote:
> On Mar 6, 8:12 pm, "James" <no o...@bellsouth.com> wrote:
>
> > Who makes a good outdoor, omni-directional fm antenna ?
>
> > I prefer to use  RG6 as the lead in, and I definitely need an
> > omni-directional antenna.
>
> > Radio Shack used to make a dual element, folded dipole outside fm antenna,
> > but I don't find it on their website.
>
> > Thanks for any tips !!
>
> > James

- Wouldn't the best omni-directional antenna
- simply be a whip?   All the others I can think
- of are going to be steerable.

RG,

Here are Five Good Omni-Directional FM Antennas :

1 - Indoors the Whip Antenna built into the Radio is
a very good Omni-Directional FM Radio Antenna.

2 - The common FM Folded Dipole mounted Vertically
On-a-Wall is a very good Omni-Directional FM Antenna.
Ready-Made and Low Cost plus Good Perfromance

3 - A single 96" long piece of Wire going Up-the-Wall
from the Floor to the Ceiling that is Tapped at 32" from
the Floor with TV 300 Ohm Twin-Lead to the FM Receiver
can be a very effective Omni-Directional FM Antenna*.

================= Twin-Lead to Radio

| - 1/4 WL ~ 32 Inches

* Also the Single Wire can be replaced by 300 Ohm
Twin Lead too.

That Something Extra : This Flood-to-Ceiling Antenna can
be used a 'bad' Weather In-Doors Shortwave Antenna too.

4 - Simple FM Radio Band Loop Antenna can be used
as a Horizontal FM Loop Antenna and is fairly Omni-
Directional Antenna too.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/db5d513ceb21150d
-Or- Mount it Vertically and it is very Directional.

5 - For Out-Side consider the "Snake" [Mono-Pole]
Vertical Antenna for the FM Radio Band
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/fc544af32df58ab9

the omni-magic of 'fm' antennas ~ RHF
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antennas Group => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
.

Arny Krueger

Mar 9, 2008, 4:28:57 PM3/9/08
"dave" <not...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Problem with whips is that they have vertical polarization. FM is always
transmitted with a strong horizontal component, the vertical component is
optional.

Brenda Ann

Mar 9, 2008, 4:42:30 PM3/9/08

"Arny Krueger" <ar...@hotpop.com> wrote in message

> Problem with whips is that they have vertical polarization. FM is always
> transmitted with a strong horizontal component, the vertical component is
> optional.

Not true. FM is transmitted almost universally as circular polarization.
This has been so for at least a couple decades now.

RHF

Mar 9, 2008, 7:01:34 PM3/9/08
On Mar 9, 1:42 pm, "Brenda Ann" <bren...@shinbiro.com> wrote:
> "Arny Krueger" <ar...@hotpop.com> wrote in message

- - Problem with whips is that they have vertical polarization.
- - FM is always transmitted with a strong horizontal
- - component, the vertical component is optional.

- Not true. FM is transmitted almost universally as
- circular polarization. This has been so for at least
- a couple decades now.

IIRC - Initially like TV the Horizontal Polarization scheme
was great for the Visual Line-of-Sight broadcasting from
the TV Station's Tower to Home TV and FM Radio.

But FM Radios problem was the Automobile and getting
a good quality FM Radio signal to the Cars and Trucks
which 99.73% of the time had Vertical Whip Antennas.

Circular Polarization allowed FM Radio to be broadcasted
equally well to both Home and Automobile; plus Circular
Polarization did help to eliminate some Multi-path problems.

sort of kind a right - to my ways of think ~ RHF
.

cuh...@webtv.net

Mar 9, 2008, 11:17:18 PM3/9/08
I ought to stop holding up and shaking that old white T shirt like that
and making ghostly noises.Doggy thinks it's a real ghost.
cuhulin, the Ghost

dave

Mar 10, 2008, 9:10:09 AM3/10/08
Arny Krueger wrote:

> Problem with whips is that they have vertical polarization. FM is always
> transmitted with a strong horizontal component, the vertical component is
> optional.

Not always. There are FM stations with no horizontal pol at all, due to
spacing considerations with TV channel 6.

Clyde Slick

Mar 10, 2008, 9:15:17 AM3/10/08

Warning
Arny does not like women who know more than him.

cuh...@webtv.net

Mar 10, 2008, 10:35:35 AM3/10/08
I Love all wimmins.
cuhulin

Earl Kiosterud

Jul 2, 2008, 6:01:00 PM7/2/08

"James" <no o...@bellsouth.com> wrote in message

> Who makes a good outdoor, omni-directional fm antenna ?
>
> I prefer to use RG6 as the lead in, and I definitely need an omni-directional antenna.
>
> Radio Shack used to make a dual element, folded dipole outside fm antenna, but I don't
> find it on their website.
>
> Thanks for any tips !!
>
> James

If you want to save some money, you can make your own omni. Take two pieces of heavy copper
wire, about 30" each, and extend them in opposite directions. You could also use small
copper pipe or something like that if you don't want to use wire. Take two more and do the
same at 90°. Take about a 20" piece of RG6 or RG59 and connect the two dipoles together.
Your downlead will also be RG6 or RG59, attached across one dipole or the other. Put a
couple of loops, around 10" in diameter, in the downlead near the antenna. I have two of
them in my attic, one on a splitter driving two FM radios. Works great.
--
Earl

RHF

Jul 2, 2008, 6:32:28 PM7/2/08

A Single (1) Vertical Half-Wave Dipole will do
for a basic FM Omni-Directional Antenna.
http://www.northcountryradio.com/Articles/fmdip.htm
http://www.willus.com/author/antenna.shtml

The basic FM Folded Dipole Antenna made out of
300 Ohm TV Twin Lead that is mounted Vertically
also makes a good Omni-Directional FM Antenna.
http://www.kgnu.org/ht/helpfm.html
http://kalx.berkeley.edu/recept/tanttips.htm
http://www.prairiepublic.org/programs/images/dipole.bmp

Here is an Image of a Ready Made and very low
cost FM Folded Dipole Antenna
http://www.farnsworthelectronics.com/part%20images/antenn14.gif
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ190233985347

Also a Pair of TV Rabbit Ears Fully Extended and
mounted Vertically will make a fair Omni-Directional
FM Antenna.
http://www.w-l-t.org/Pix/ist2_1238611_rabbit_ears.jpg
-ps- a Pair of TV Rabbit Ears is a VHF Dipole Antenna.
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ370064295269

FWIW - Most of these simple FM Antennas can be
used Inside the House -or- Outdoors in the Yard.

antennas are f m magic - iane ~ RHF {pomkia}
.
Are You Interested in building a better Shortwave Listening*
(SWL) Antenna ? {SWL Group} => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf

RHF's Standard "Shortwave Radio Listener (SWL) Antennas Group"
Reference Message Signature-Line => http://tinyurl.com/25zbrg
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/411dac3b4a1798e0
.
* Remember 55.5% of Shortwave Radio Listening (SWL)
is the Shortwave Antenna =>http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
.
RHF's Radio Shack in Twain Harte, California -USA-
SHACK INFO =>http://tinyurl.com/2skmxm
Shortwave Radio / Receiver and SWL Antenna Info
.
-=2SKMXM=-
-=25ZBRG=-
SWR3:SWL:INFO
.

David L. Wilson

Jul 2, 2008, 8:32:25 PM7/2/08

"Earl Kiosterud" <som...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> "James" <no o...@bellsouth.com> wrote in message
>> Who makes a good outdoor, omni-directional fm antenna ?

http://www.magnumdynalab.com/fmantenna-st2.htm

Dave

Jul 3, 2008, 9:12:03 AM7/3/08
RHF wrote:
> On Jul 2, 3:01 pm, "Earl Kiosterud" <some...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>> "James" <no o...@bellsouth.com> wrote in message

>>> Who makes a good outdoor, omni-directional fm antenna ?
The question was "who makes", not "what comes up when a monkey uses Google?"

http://www.winegard.com/offair/fm.htm

RHF

Jul 3, 2008, 11:26:58 AM7/3/08
On Jul 3, 6:12 am, Dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:
> RHF wrote:
> > On Jul 2, 3:01 pm, "Earl Kiosterud" <some...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> >> "James" <no o...@bellsouth.com> wrote in message

- - Who makes a good outdoor, omni-directional fm antenna ?

- The question was "who makes",
- not "what comes up when a monkey uses Google?"
- http://www.winegard.com/offair/fm.htm

Dave - The Simple Answer -is- Make Your Own.
* The basic FM Folded Dipole Antenna made out of
* 300 Ohm TV Twin Lead that is mounted Vertically
* also makes a good Omni-Directional FM Antenna.
* http://www.kgnu.org/ht/helpfm.html
* http://kalx.berkeley.edu/recept/tanttips.htm
* http://www.prairiepublic.org/programs/images/dipole.bmp

Follow-Up : How to Build a 'Better' FM Antenna
-by- Marc S.A. Glasgow -aka- The CyberPoet®
http://www.cyberpoet.net/writes/web/infwiz/spant.html

Omni-Directional Antennas -by- Signal Engineering
http://www.signalengineering.com/ultimate/verticals.html
1/2 Wave-Length Vertical Ground-Plane Antenna
5/8 Wave-Length Vertical Antenna

Frequency and Wavelength (WL) Calculator :
http://www.csgnetwork.com/freqwavelengthcalc.html
88 MHz FM Antenna
1/2 WL ~ 67 Inches = Two 1/4 WL ~ 33.5 Inches
5/8 WL ~ 84 Inches (7 Feet)

Ready Made - FM Radio Band Antennas :
* Shakespeare 5/8 WL Galaxy 5235-XT
Eight Foot (8') AM/FM Entertainment Band Antenna
http://www.turtlemarine.com/shake5235xt.html
* Comet 5/8 WL CFM-95SL, FM Omni-Directional Antenna
http://www.progressive-concepts.com/info/item.html?id=47
* Ramsey 5/8 WL FMA200 FM Broadcast Antenna
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002NRJOU
* Shakespeare 5/8 WL Eight Foot (84") AM/FM Antenna
http://www.nulime.com/Shakespeare-5120-8-AM-FM-Antenna/p235819
-fwiw- a FireStik 7-Foot CB Whip Antenna works very well
as an FM 5/8 WL Veritical Omni-Directional Antenna
http://www.westcoastmall.net/kw7y-original-7foot-cb-antenna-neon-yelloe-p-3726.html
http://www.firestik.com/Tech_Docs/res-n-band.htm

DAVE - Preach that "Hated" for Google 'users'.

The Internet [WWW] : To Google ? -or- Not To Google ?

-ps- It Ain't A Question.

It Is A Matter of Freedom of Choice for Internet Users. ~ RHF
.
BOY Oh Boy ! - Where is Mike [M II] to defend me
from being called a Monkey {Racial Code Word}.
.

Dave

Jul 3, 2008, 4:07:00 PM7/3/08
On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 08:26:58 -0700, RHF wrote:

Trust me, the Winegard's a good deal. Beware of mindfuckers.

RHF

Jul 3, 2008, 5:39:04 PM7/3/08
On Jul 3, 1:07 pm, Dave <j...@somewhere.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 08:26:58 -0700, RHF wrote:

- Trust me, the Winegard's a good deal.
- Beware of mindfuckers.

(OT) : Dave -reminds-us- Beware of Mind-F*ckers
-aka- Beware of Dave ;-}
.

Telamon

Jul 3, 2008, 8:39:25 PM7/3/08
In article <pOOdnZ06m475rPDV...@earthlink.com>,
Dave <j...@somewhere.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 08:26:58 -0700, RHF wrote:
>

> Trust me, the Winegard's a good deal. Beware of mindfuckers.

This from the guy that fries his own brain.

What a nut case.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Dave

Jul 4, 2008, 9:46:02 AM7/4/08
Telamon wrote:

> This from the guy that fries his own brain.
>
> What a nut case.

"...fries his own brain."

???

I haven't touched a drop of the hard shit in decades. My mind is like a
steel trap. I am on the front lines in an elite unit. We don't get
second chances.

Telamon

Jul 4, 2008, 2:34:32 PM7/4/08
In article <486e299d$0$26245$bd46...@news.dslextreme.com>,
Dave <da...@dave.dave> wrote:

You got that right about the steel trap. Not one scrap of intelligible
thought has ever escaped in a post from you.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California