Eton E1 XM Radio "Up-Date" on Release Date and MSRP Price

RHF

Dec 22, 2004, 7:42:39 PM12/22/04
FO&A,
.
Eton E1 XM Radio "Up-Date" on Release Date and MSRP Price
.
.
we should all... expect more & pay less ~ RHF
.
.

Brian Denley

Dec 22, 2004, 11:09:35 PM12/22/04

Why send us a link that forces us to join a group? Why not just tell us the
date and price?

--
Brian Denley

Jim Hackett

Dec 22, 2004, 11:19:12 PM12/22/04
LOL Too funny! I just read that same message in the Yahoo Sat-800 group and
asked the same question you just did...

"Brian Denley" <b.de...@comcast.net> wrote in message

RHF

Dec 22, 2004, 11:42:06 PM12/22/04
BD,

Here is the most important part:

"NEWS & FACTS:
Look for some Real News [Facts] during the 2005 Consumer
Electronics Show (CES) to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada
on 6-9 January 2005 Check-Out CES Booth #30974"
CES => http://www.etoncorp.com/US/corp/tradeshows.aspx?index=4
.
To Find Out More . . .
.
ETON Corp. {Grundig Radio North America} Press Releases.
PRESS => http://www.etoncorp.com/US/corp/press_room.aspx?index=3
[ What Eton Corp. has not said. ]
.
Who is the Etón Corporation ?
ETON CORP => http://www.etoncorp.com/US/corp/about_us.aspx?index=1
.
OnLine FORM for Submitting a Question to ETON Corp
FORM = > http://www.etoncorp.com/US/support/help.aspx?index=12
We're here to Help you with Questions about any Etón Corporation
or Etón Products and Services.
QUESTIONS => http://www.etoncorp.com/US/support/help.aspx?index=12
Send Us Your Question using this Form.
.
.
hth ~ RHF
ETON E1 XM Radio eGroup on YAHOO !
Eton E1 Radio + XM Satellite Receiver
.
.

RHF

Dec 22, 2004, 11:54:10 PM12/22/04
JH - Hey So You Did :o) ~ RHF

Mark S. Holden

Dec 23, 2004, 12:13:34 AM12/23/04
RHF wrote:

Here's a link with some product information, but no price or release date:

<http://www.etoncorp.com/US/products/product_specs.aspx?specs=true&prodID=9&catID=2&subCatID=4>

It looks like they're now offering an outboard speaker so you can use it
as a portable stereo.

RHF

Dec 23, 2004, 1:10:35 AM12/23/04
MSH - Hey, Now Thats A Good Link :o) ~ RHF

d...@wsa.org

Dec 23, 2004, 3:56:49 AM12/23/04
In article <jJWdnRF3uoq...@adelphia.com>, ma...@bmas.org says...
That's not a speaker. It is the antenna for XM.

RHF

Dec 23, 2004, 4:51:23 AM12/23/04
'd'

Hell - I thought that it was a Mircophone and was
starting to practice my 10-4s Good Buddy ;-}
.
.
see ya on the flip-side ~ RHF
.
.

Mark S. Holden

Dec 23, 2004, 7:46:38 AM12/23/04
d...@wsa.org wrote:

Bummer.

David

Dec 23, 2004, 10:28:30 AM12/23/04
Fucking asshole...

On 22 Dec 2004 16:42:39 -0800, "RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net>

dxAce

Dec 23, 2004, 10:35:51 AM12/23/04

David wrote:

> Fucking asshole...

You should know, 'tard boy.

Now go tote it.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Eric F. Richards

Dec 23, 2004, 4:25:05 PM12/23/04
David <ric...@knac.com> wrote:

> Fucking asshole...

Hey, don't you have an overmodulated, drifty, harmonic-riddled,
third-world-grade transmitter to maintain?

RHF

Dec 23, 2004, 5:13:23 PM12/23/04
DaviD,
.
"Fucking asshole..."
.
Coming from 'you' that is and EXPERT Opinion :o)

.
~ RHF
.

Johnps1964

Dec 23, 2004, 5:17:30 PM12/23/04
In article <1103840003.2...@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "RHF"
<rhf-new...@pacbell.net> writes:

Gee what wonderful words some so called grown ups use in this group

I am a stranger
in a very strange
land

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

RHF

Dec 23, 2004, 5:26:11 PM12/23/04
JOHNPS1964,
.
You are right.
.
To DaviD - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :o)
.
God's Blessings Be With You; Your Family, Friends
and Loved Ones - amen, Amen. and AMEN ! ~ rhf
.
.

David

Dec 24, 2004, 10:20:10 AM12/24/04
And still, no one has the common courtesy to give the price and
delivery date.

On 23 Dec 2004 14:26:11 -0800, "RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net>

RHF

Dec 24, 2004, 1:31:57 PM12/24/04
Gee Boy Howdy "DaviD"

Once Again - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :o)

RHF

Dec 24, 2004, 10:22:10 PM12/24/04
DaviD,

Heres your Christmas Present :o)
.
FULL TEXT : Eton E1 XM Radio "Up-Date" on Release Date and MSRP Price
.
THE BIG PICTURE : Eton E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/e1xmlrg.jpg
.
Replt To - RANDY,
.
Thank You for the "TIP"
.
So Eton Corp. is talking and the word is that the
Eton E1 XM Radio will be 'out' Mid January 2005.
.
It is interesting that the Price will be about =Equal=
to the Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium Radio.
.
The 'original' MSRP for the Grundig Satellit 800 M Radio.
was IIRC $699.95 and is now generally priced at $499.95.
Currently Universal Radio has the Grundig Satellit 800 M
Radio "On Sale" at $449.95.
.
Per the Universal-Radio.Com WebSite
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101.html
"This new model is expected February 2005.
We will post the price as soon as available."
Eton E1 XM AM/FM/SW/XM Radio
Order #0101
List Price: TBA
Your Price: TBA
.
Per the Grundig-Radio.Com WebSite
.
DESCRIPTION => http://tinyurl.com/6numg
http://www.etoncorp.com/US/products/product.aspx?
catID=2&subCatID=4&prodID=9
.
SPECIFICATIONS => http://tinyurl.com/4477b
http://www.etoncorp.com/US/products/product_specs.aspx?
specs=true&prodID=9&catID=2&subCatID=4
.
TECSUN GEM CHINA (PRC) => http://tinyurl.com/58agq
"The Eton E1 XM is the world's first radio that combines
AM, FM, Shortwave, and XM Satellite radio into one ultra
high-performance unit. In development for more than 10 years
in collaboration with RL Drake Company and XM Satellite Radio,
the E1 is simply the finest full-sized portable in the world."
.
CLICK-ON "Ready To Buy" [Add To Cart] Button
http://www.etoncorp.com/US/ecart/view_cart1.aspx
"Shopping Cart" Message for the Eton E1 XM Radio
'Our etón E-commerce site is temporarity under construction
and will be available in the next few weeks.
If you would like to place an order for any of our products
Please Call our at: US Toll-Free Number 1-800-872-2228
and Canada Toll-Free Number 1-800-637-1648.'
.
.
P R I C E - ABOUT THE MSRP AN WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO PAY:
I would suspect that the Eton E1 XM Radio will have the
$699.95 MSRP and that for the first few months that they
will be sold at the Full MSRP of $699.95 until the fall
off in 'demand' at that Price-Point warrants a Big
"Price Discount" by the Retailers and OnLine Merchants.
.
N E W S & F A C TS :

Look for some Real News [Facts] during the 2005 Consumer
Electronics Show (CES) to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada
on 6-9 January 2005 Check-Out CES Booth #30974
CES => http://www.etoncorp.com/US/corp/tradeshows.aspx?index=4
.

>From RadioIntel.Com
RADIO-INTEL => http://www.radiointel.com/
Eton To Announce Porsche Designed AM-FM-SW-XM Radios
At CES 2005 - Models P`7131 & P`7132
Though the E1 has yet to hit the shelves, thanks to Gizmodo
we learn that Eton will announce at CES 2005 two new models
(a tabletop - P`7131 and a portable - P`7132) that both will
feature XM and Shortwave. . Sneak peek photos can be found
at Gizmodo and more details on Eton's website. Dec 13
[ Go there to Click-On and read the "Gizmodo" Link ]
Plus the is 'more' Eton E1 XM Radio Information in the
Old News Section of RadioIntel.Com
http://www.radiointel.com/oldnews.htm
.
>From Thie.DE (Germany)
E1XM Kurzwellenradio mit XM bzw. DAB Empfang (Vorabinfos)
PLL Kurzwellen-Radio mit XM bzw. DAB Empfang und SSB
http://www.thiecom.de/e1xm.htm
Letzte Info: Die Europa Version soll OHNE XM oder sonstige
digitale Zusätze angeboten werden!
.
.
just my opinion ~ RHF
.
.

RHF

Jan 6, 2005, 12:59:50 AM1/6/05
Well It Starts Tommorrow . . .
.
The 2005 International CES Show
http://www.cesweb.org/default_flash.asp
.
6-9 January 2005
Las Vegas, Nevada (USA)
.
ETON Corp. => http://tinyurl.com/647q6
CES Booth # 30974
http://www.cesweb.org/attendees/directory/rd_exhibitor_details.asp?exhibid=5154&

.
What Will Be the News ? ? ? - - - About the Eton E1 XM Radio !
http://tinyurl.com/567o7
http://www.cesweb.org/attendees/show_floor/product_locator/product_details.asp?prodid=4377

The Etón E1XM is the world's first radio that combines
AM, FM, Shortwave, and XM Satellite Radio into one ultra

high-performance unit. In development for more than
10 years in collaboration with RL Drake Company and

XM Satellite Radio, the E1XM is simply the finest

full-sized portable in the world.
.

'Other' New Eton Corp. Products:
ETON Corp => http://tinyurl.com/647q6
* E10 Radio
* E100 Radio
* FR300 Radio
* P'7140 Radio
* P'7141 Radio
.
Company Contact(s):
.
Mr. Walter Hess, Technical Manager
eMail => wh...@etoncorp.com
.
Mrs. Samantha Nguyen, Director of Marketing
eMail => sng...@etoncorp.com
.
.
waiting, Waiting. WAITING ! ~ RHF
.

RHF

Jan 6, 2005, 7:38:30 AM1/6/05
= = = In ETON-E1-...@yahoogroups.com,
= = = "likquidnail" <karlhess@y...> wrote:

FWIW - Eton Corp. has a full page ad in this week's issue of Newsweek.

Features the Eton 'Elite' E1 Xm Radio with two other models.

The Eton 'Elite' E1 XM Radio's Price listed as $500.00.

Also provided is a "Direct Order"
Telephone Number: 1-800-793-6542
along with a Promtional Code: NW21

~ Karl Hess

Where the Topic is the Eton E1 Radio with XM Satellite Receiver.
.
.
~ RHF
.
.

RHF

Jan 6, 2005, 7:48:04 PM1/6/05
The Eton 'Elite' E1 Radio with XM Satellite Receiver's
"Genealogy" is RL Drake : SW1 > SW2 > SW8 > GS800M > E1 XM
.
.
The Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium was based on the
RL Drake SW8 'portable' AM/MW and Shortwave Radio.
SW8 => http://www.dxing.com/rx/sw8.htm
Designed in collaboration with the R.L. Drake Company,
borrowing many features from the Drake Model SW8 Radio.
.
I have no doubt that RL Drake used what ever "Leasons Learn"
from the Drake R8, R8A and R8B Receivers to make any
practical and cost efective product improvements to the
Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium during it's Design and
Development. That would simply be 'good business'.
.
FWIW - RL Drake was also involved in the Design and
Development of the Eton 'Elite' E1 XM Radio.
.
AFAIK - Tecsun GEM China (PRC) continues to be the
Production Design and Manufacturing Facility for the
Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium and now is doing the
same for the Eton 'Elite' E1 XM Radio.
.
IMHO - That the 'overall' Product Design, Development
and Manufacturing "Genealogy" for these Radios follows:
.
FIRST Generation (G1.0) = Drake SW8
(Including the Drake SW1 & SW2)
G1.3 - SW8 => http://www.dxing.com/rx/sw8.htm
G1.2 - SW2 => http://www.dxing.com/rx/sw2.htm
G1.1 - SW1 => http://www.dxing.com/rx/ssr1.htm
.
SECOND Generation (G2.0) = Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium
G2.0 - GS800M => http://www.dxing.com/rx/sat800.htm
Designed in collaboration with the R.L. Drake Company,
borrowing many features from the Drake Model SW8 Radio.
.
Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium Receiver eGroup on YAHOO !
WELCOME - All Are Welcome to "Join" the Grundig Satellit
800 Millennium Receiver eGroup on YAHOO !
.
THIRD Generation (G3.0) = Eton 'Elite' E1 XM Radio
.
G3.0 - E1 XM => http://tinyurl.com/6numg

E1 XM SPECS => http://tinyurl.com/4477b
PDF => http://www.etoncorp.com/US/resources/specs/E1XM.pdf
http://www.etoncorp.com/US/products/product_specs.aspx?specs=true&prodID=9&catID=2&subCatID=4

.
"Eton E1 Radio plus XM Satellite Receiver" eGroup on YAHOO !
.
WELCOME - All Are Welcome to "Join" the the Eton E1 Radio
with XM Satellite Receiver eGroup on YAHOO !

David

Jan 7, 2005, 10:51:48 AM1/7/05
SW8

On 6 Jan 2005 16:48:04 -0800, "RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net>

RHF

Jan 9, 2005, 11:38:56 AM1/9/05
Eton E1 XM Radio Due Our in March 2005 ?
We Can 'only' Hope... and Dream On !
.
PAUL,
.
The History of the Grundig Satellit 900 . . .
and now the Eton 'Elite' E1 XM Radio
is full of Hopes and Dreams ! ! !
.
DAILY "WATCH" Webpages for Price and Availability
of the Eton 'Elite' E1 Radio with XM Satellite Receiver
.
* Universal-Radio.Com product webpage for the new

Eton 'Elite' E1 Radio with XM Satellite Receiver
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101.html
NOTE - Still States : Expected February 2005
and there is No Price Listed as of : 9 JAN 2005
.
ETON Corp.Com product webpage for the new

Eton 'Elite' E1 Radio with XM Satellite Receiver

NOTE - No Price is Listed as of : 9 JAN 2005
.
.
wishing, hoping and praying ~ RHF
. .
. .
All are Welcome and Invited to Join the
ETON 'Elite' E1 XM Radio eGroup on YAHOO !
The Topic is the Eton 'Elite' E1 Radio with XM Satellite Receiver
. .
. .

= = = "pabigelow" <pbigelow@u...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> If they keep delaying it, an essential chip is going to go out of
> production and then.....
>
> Wait, that sounds familiar! ;-)
>
> Paul
.

RHF

Jan 10, 2005, 8:11:26 AM1/10/05
PHIL,
.
"WHY" I would Buy the Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM
Satellite Radio
.
I would agree with you, that in many respects the Eton
'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM Satellit Radio should be a
better receiver than the Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium,
and I love my GS800M.
.
What have been many of the problems and grips that have
been written about here with the GS800M.
- Small Ferrite Rod Antenna
- Internal RF Noise from the Radios Circuits
- Hash from the LCD Display.
and many more . . . all this in a big, Big. BIG ! Box.
.
Well for Eton / Drake /Tecsun to take the GS800M and place
it into a much smaller Box; would mean that at least two
of the above problems would have had to be Fix or at least
significantly reduced to at least the same performance
levels as the GS800M.
.
Imagine a GS800M with a 'lower' Noise Floor and able to
"Hear" those Weak Signals that are just now on the edge
of Listenability with the GS800M.
.
The nature of the Business Product Process Cycle is to
Continously Seek to Build-It-Better and Make-It-Cheaper.
[ Increase the Value of the Product to the Customer. ]
.
The Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium was ETON Corps
Premier [Flag Ship] "Big Box" Radio. The Eton 'Elite'
E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio is designed to be
ETON Corps Premier 'Small Box' Radio. For ETON Corp,
the Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio
has to be at least as-good-as the GS800M; and ideally
much better. Remember, it has been four years since
ETON Corp has released the GS800M and it need a New STAR
for it's Consumer Marketing "Image". If the Eton 'Elite'
E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio is as-good-as the
GS800M and in a 'smaller' Box; it will be a Hit with the
Buying Public. (An Executive Gift) However, if the Eton
'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio is much better
than the GS800M; then it will be a Hit with the Radio
Enthusiast who will feel they need to "Got-to-Have-It !"
.
Please Note - That when I write about the Eton E1 XM Radio;
I 'label' it as the Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM Satellite
Radio. That is because 'for me' what it is as the Eton
'Elite' E1 Receiver is what I am interested in as a Radio.
What it will do as an AM/MW, FM and Shortwave Radio is the
"Why" that will make 'me' want to Buy it. The fact that
it also comes 'with' XM Satellit Radio is not a Selling
Point for me.
.
.
For now all we can do is wait and keep listening ~ RHF

. .
All are Welcome and Invited to Join the
ETON 'Elite' E1 XM Radio eGroup on YAHOO !
The Topic is the Eton 'Elite' E1 Radio with XM Satellite Receiver
. .
. .
* * * EXTRACTED from Grundig Satellit 800 eGroup on YAHOO !
= = = In Satel...@yahoogroups.com,
= = = "just_rtfm" <just_rtfm@y...> wrote:
.
Message - "WHY" I would Buy the Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver
with XM Satellite Radio
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Satellit800/message/8903
.
hi Michael:
.
i see no reason to doubt Drake, who designed the R8B, SW8,
and Sat800. IMO the E1XM will surpass the performance of
the Sat800 due to the PBT. add small size [S350-like],
1700 memories, and likely 5-kHz tuning steps . . .
it should be a winner.
.
regards,
phil :)

.
.
Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium Receiver eGroup on YAHOO !
WELCOME - All Are Welcome to "Join" the Grundig Satellit
800 Millennium Receiver eGroup on YAHOO !
.
.

RHF

Jan 11, 2005, 4:31:29 AM1/11/05
AMIN,
.
You will NEVER Convince a RL Drake R8B Receiver Owner that
an Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM satellite Radio is
as-good-as a "R8B" [.]
- - - And I Did NOT and Would NOT Make That Claim.
.
I am simply suggesting the it should be as-good-as the
Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium; and just 'possibly'
a little better. Plus it will be a Real 'portable'
AM/FM Shortwave Radio with the capabilities of the
Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium; and that ain't bad.
.
The Proof will be in the Radio Listening Experience !
.
For Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium "Big Sound" Quality
just add a Set (2S+1B) of Self Powered Computer Stereo
Speakers with a center Bass Sub-Woofer and individual
Right and Left Channel (Side) Speakers.
.
jm2cw ~ RHF

.
All are Welcome and Invited to Join the
ETON 'Elite' E1 XM Radio eGroup on YAHOO !
The Topic is the Eton 'Elite' E1 Radio with XM Satellite Receiver
.
.
= = = "gt25psi2002" <sha99@s...> wrote:
.
Hi there,
.
I'm still doubt that E1XM uses the same 1st mixer and
oscillator as Sat800. This is due to the fact that the
lowest frequency able to be dialled-in is *100Hz* in
both radios - this implies that they are subject to the
same phase noise level.
.
-R- There is more to a Radio's Circuity that will impact
its Sensetivity and RF Noise Levels then simply the 1st
Mixer/Osc and the fact that it uses a PPL Circuit Design.
.
If Drake designs E1XM to be better than Sat800 (in this
respect), then where will the R8B stand? Does Drake want
the R8B to be killed by E1XM ?
.
-R- See the Top Most Reply.
.
? Anyway, where can we get the E1XM "block diagram" ?
.
-R- Well you can expect that ETON will not provide you
with one. Most likely some?one will find a 'copy' of
what ever name and model number is given to the Tecsun
'labeled' E1XM that will be for sale in China (PRC).
.
Best regards,
Amin
.
.

= = = In Satel...@yahoogroups.com,
= = = "just_rtfm" <just_rtfm@y...> wrote:

hi Michael:

i see no reason to doubt Drake, who designed the R8B, SW8,
and Sat800. IMO the E1XM will surpass the performance of
the Sat800 due to the PBT. add small size [S350-like],
1700 memories, and likely 5-kHz tuning steps...
it should be a winner.

RHF

Jan 11, 2005, 7:18:47 AM1/11/05
DAVE,
.
Read about "Anthony's" Experience as Reported in Message # 112
.
Check-Out - Eton E1 XM Radio MSRP Price = $ 5 0 0 USD
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ETON-E1-XM-Radio/message/112
.
Good Luck in Calling the ETON Corp and Verifying the Price and
Availability of the Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio.
.
ETON CORP => http://www.etoncorp.com/US/ecart/view_cart1.aspx
.
* USofA Toll-Free Number 1-800-872-2228
.
* Canada Toll-Free Number 1-800-637-1648
.
Please Tell Us {Post Here} What They Tell You :o)
.
For now here is the 1/11 UPDATE for
ETON 'Elite' E1 XM Radio "DAILY WATCH"
. . . for Price & Availability
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ETON-E1-XM-Radio/message/133

.
* Universal-Radio.Com product webpage for the new
Eton 'Elite' E1 Radio with XM Satellite Receiver
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101.html
NOTE - Still States : Expected February 2005
and there is No Price Listed as of :
UPDATE for UNIVERSAL-RADIO on 11 JAN 2005 = NO CHANGE [.]
.

E1 XM => http://tinyurl.com/6numg
http://www.etoncorp.com/US/products/product.aspx?
catID=2&subCatID=4&prodID=9
NOTE - No Price is Listed as of :
UPDATE for ETON CORP on 11 JAN 2005 = NO CHANGE [.]
.
ETON CORP - Will Tell Us - When They Tell Us
. . . and I Will Tell You - Or You Will Tell Me
THEN WE WILL ALL KNOW !
- The Price !
- - The Availability ! !
- - - And A Lot More ! ! !
.
.
waiting, Waiting. WAITING ! ~ RHF
.
.
All are WELCOME and Invited to JOIN the

ETON 'Elite' E1 XM Radio eGroup on YAHOO !
The Topic is the Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio
.
.

sdan...@nyc.rr.com

Jan 11, 2005, 8:02:25 AM1/11/05
I predict that the 800 will be in production long after the E1 is put
to bed. And I would definitely avoid the first production run of the E1.

sdan...@nyc.rr.com

Jan 11, 2005, 11:35:52 AM1/11/05

RHF wrote:
<snip>

> Please Note - That when I write about the Eton E1 XM Radio;
> I 'label' it as the Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM Satellite
> Radio. That is because 'for me' what it is as the Eton
> 'Elite' E1 Receiver is what I am interested in as a Radio.
> What it will do as an AM/MW, FM and Shortwave Radio is the
> "Why" that will make 'me' want to Buy it. The fact that
> it also comes 'with' XM Satellit Radio is not a Selling
> Point for me.
> .

This gets at one of the worries I have about the E1. People who are
interested in satellite radio can find satellite receivers much cheaper
than the E1; and people who are interested in AM/FM can likewise find
cheaper receivers. Now, my *sense*, and I stress that this is my
*impression* and not the result of any sort of research, is that most
people who are interested in satellite radio won't be attracted to the
AM/FM capabilities of this receiver, and consequently they'll pass it
over in favor of a less expensive satellite receiver. Likewise, SWLers
will pass over the E1 because there are superior tabletop sets (Icom
R-75, Palstar R30) in the SAME PRICE RANGE as the E1. Furthermore, the
E1 will not have the benefit of the Grundig name.

If I worked for Eton, this is what I'd be worried about...well, aside
from whatever mechanical defects might emerge in the first production
run. (I'm extremely curious to find out what the build quality is like
on the E1. I hope it's built like a tank, but I can't help but worry.)

da...@timecalc.com

Jan 11, 2005, 1:26:26 PM1/11/05
It isn't the XM capability that is running the price up.
Cost of the XM chip to Eton is well under $1.

David

Jan 12, 2005, 8:22:41 AM1/12/05
If this is the SW8 legacy from Drake it will run circles around the
Icom and the Palstar for SWL.

sdan...@nyc.rr.com

Jan 12, 2005, 8:36:09 AM1/12/05

David wrote:
> If this is the SW8 legacy from Drake it will run circles around the
> Icom and the Palstar for SWL.

I hope it will also run rings around that Satellite 800.

Michael Lawson

Jan 12, 2005, 9:23:37 AM1/12/05

<sdan...@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message

Unless Drake updated their circuit design from
the SW8/Sat 800 version, probably not.

--Mike L.

RHF

Jan 12, 2005, 4:42:44 PM1/12/05
ML,
.
HERE IS WHY I THINK THE "ETON E1 RECEIVER WITH XM SATELLITE RADIO WILL
BE A BETTER 'BASIC' PRODUCT THAN THE DRAKE SW8 AND GRUNDIG SATELLIT 800
MILLENNIUM RADIO/RECEIVERS : {What I Think and Why}
.
Since RL Drake Co. (including Grundig/Eton/Tecsun) have a History of
"Lesions Learned" for the Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium and the Drake
SW8 Radio/Receivers. It would be in RL Drakes and the others
collective "Best Interests" to make any and all small Fixes that would
Reduce Customer Complaints and Improve Initial Customer Satisfaction
with their new Radios. Each Dollar spend doing so usually results in
about a Seven Dollar Saving in Repair Maintenance Costs 'after' the
Sale of the Product {Radio/Receiver} .
.
If you had read all the little 'low cost' FIXES that Grundig Satellit
800 Millennium Owners have Reported about in the Grundig Satellit 800
eGroup on YAHOO! You would know that there are many minor 'parts'
improvements that could make the new Eton E1 Receiver with XM Satellite
Radio a "Better" Product {Radio/Receiver} for the Radio Enthusiast.
.
NOTE : This is a Product {Radio/Receiver} that is Up-Scale-Priced and
"Targeted" for the RADIO ENTHUSIAST : Or to be Given as what is usually
called an "Executive Gift" . [Money & Image]
.
I Will Repeat Myself: [ IMHO ] In order to put the 'basic' Electronics
of the Drake SW8 / Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium into a much
'smaller' [Box] as that which is the "Size" of the new Eton E1 Receiver
with XM Satellite Radio: The Design Engineers at RL Drake Co. (USA)
and the Manufacturing Process and Testing Engineers at Tecsun GEM China
(PRC); would have to BUILD THE RADIO BETTER; or offer an inferior
product to the SW8 / GS800M. All the Companies concerned simply would
NOT DO THIS with what will be Their PREMIER "Flag Ship" Product
{Radio/Receiver}
.
.
and that's what i think ~ RHF
.
All are WELCOME and "Invited-to-Join" the

sdan...@nyc.rr.com

Jan 12, 2005, 5:29:41 PM1/12/05
RHF: I hope you're right!! However, I'm not going to spend $500 to
become one of the E1's beta testers. Down the road, maybe....

Will Drake be servicing defective E1's and will they be selling the E1
on the Drake website, as they're doing with the Satellit 800?

Steve

RHF

Jan 14, 2005, 6:59:20 AM1/14/05
For One and All,

WHY - The Eton E1 AM & FM Shortwave Receiver with XM Satellite Radio
Does NOT have "DRM" Digital Radio Mondiale reception feature.

READ : DRM - Do the Right Marketing !
[ DRM - What Went Wrong in the USofA ]
Why Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM) needs a Brand Name
- Commentary by Andy Sennitt, 13 January 2005
RNW => http://tinyurl.com/4cona
http://www2.rnw.nl/rnw/en/features/media/features/drm050113.html
"Eton Corporation, the company that brought Grundig radios
into the US, showed the Eton 'Elite' E1 XM portable Receiver.
It combines AM, FM, Shortwave Receiver, and XM Satellite Radio
into one ultra high-performance unit, which - although portable
- is sized at 13.1 by 7.1 by 2.3 inches and weighs 4 pounds."
.
OBSERVATIONS ABOUT - The 2005 International Consumer Electronics
Show (CES), the world's largest consumer electronics event,
ended a week ago in Las Vegas.
.
Unfortunately, due to the decision of the US to adopt iBiquity
Digital's HD Radio instead of DRM as the standard for digital
AM, a major opportunity to promote Digital Shortwave Broadcasting
in the US market has been lost.
.
But the Shortwave receivers in these new devices are only for AM,
because the digital system chosen for use in the US - iBiquity
Digital's HD Radio - is aimed at the AM (Medium Wave) and FM bands.
So even if a digital AM receiving capability is added to these sets
in the future, it's not likely to benefit Shortwave Broadcasters.
.
Also at the CES, 21 of the top radio broadcast groups in the US
announced an historic agreement with iBiquity Digital to accelerate
the conversion of 2,000 AM and FM stations to HD Radio Technology.
.
So it looks as if the US domestic market is firmly shut to DRM,
despite its status as a world standard endorsed by the International
Telecommunication Union.
.
Unless this marketing issue is addressed, only a subset of
existing Shortwave listeners are likely to be interested in DRM.
Consequently sales of DRM-capable receivers - when they eventually
appear in significant numbers - will be low, and the momentum
will be lost.
.
The majority of consumers will not even be aware that there's
a digital AM Broadcasting System out there, especially as they
need to buy a new receiver before they can hear it.
.
And since the total number of hours aired by the International
Broadcasters continues to fall, the selling of the medium in
terms of listener choice becomes harder and harder day by day.
.
DRM needs a brand name, preferably one that works in a number
of major languages, that will explain what the technology is
for, and cannot be confused with something else.
.
As we're less than a year away from the release of the first
'portable' DRM Receivers in significant quantities, I hope
attention now turns to how the technology is going to be sold
to the consumer, especially in the US. A lot of time and
effort has been spent getting to this point, but it could all
be rendered ineffectual by poor marketing.
.
.
something to think about ~ RHF
.
.

RHF

Jan 16, 2005, 12:23:13 PM1/16/05
For One and All,

The "DAILY WATCH" Webpages for Price and Availability
of the Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio

.
* Universal-Radio.Com product webpage for the new

Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101.html
NOTE - Still States : Expected February 2005 and there is

No Price Listed as of : SUNDAY / 9 JAN 2005
* * * UPDATE for UNIVERSAL-RADIO.COM
SUNDAY / 16 JAN 2005 = NO CHANGE [.]
.

.
ETON Corp.Com product webpage for the new

Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio

NOTE - No Price is Listed as of : SUNDAY / 9 JAN 2005
* * * UPDATE for ETON CORP
SUNDAY / 16 JAN 2005 = NO CHANGE [.]
.
.
wishing, hoping and waiting ~ RHF
. .
. .
All are WELCOME "Invited-to-Join" the

ETON 'Elite' E1 XM Radio eGroup on YAHOO !

The Topic is the Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio
. .
. .

RHF

Jan 18, 2005, 4:17:43 PM1/18/05
For One and All,
.
.
* * * UPDATE -for- UNIVERSAL-RADIO.COM * * *
.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101.html
.
TUESDAY / 18 JAN 2005 = THERE IS A CHANGE !
.
"This new model is expected March 2005."

.
"We will post the price as soon as available."
.
.
* * * UPDATE -for- ETON Corporation
( Grundig Radio . Com of North America )
..
TUESDAY / 18 JAN 2005 = NO CHANGE [.]

.
.
wishing, hoping and waiting ~ RHF
.
All are WELCOME and "Invited to Join" the

ETON 'Elite' E1 XM Radio eGroup on YAHOO !
Where the Topic is the Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver

RHF

Jan 19, 2005, 2:11:52 PM1/19/05
RadioIntel.Com ? Two ? ETON 'Elite' Receivers ?
The "E1" and The "E1XM" from CES 2005
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ETON-E1-XM-Radio/message/156

ULIS [ K3LU ],

Thank You for Sharing the Photo/Images :o)

RADIO INTEL => http://www.radiointel.com/

Eton E1XM Photo From CES 2005

REFERENCE => http://tinyurl.com/5s8d3

I would 'appear' from the two Images and the written description
that there will be two Eton 'Elite' Radios offered :
the "E1 XM" and the "E1".

So will both be available in the North American Market ?
(USA & Canada) ?

Or, will the Eton 'Elite' E1 (AM/FM Shortwave) Receiver
with XM Satellite Radio "ONLY" be Sold in the USA ?

And the Eton 'Elite' E1 AM/FM Shortwave Receiver "WITHOUT"
the XM Satellite Radio [Option] be Sold in the Rest-of-the-World ?

IMHO - It was and is a 'good' Business Move for ETON Corp.
to Transition from the "Grundig", 'Satellit' and 'Yacht Boy'
Brand Names; to their very own "ETON" and 'Elite' Brand Names;
is a move to allow them to sell their own Products World Wide
under a Single Unified Label. This move would also reduce their
costs as a result of NOT having to Pay Grundig AG (Germany a
Product Licensing Fee for each and every "Grundig" Brand Name
Radio that ETON Corp sold in the North American Market.

tyvm ~ RHF

RHF,

Check this out.... < Hidden Link >
thought you might enjoy seeing this.

Notice something ?

Ulis

- Ulis R. Fleming
- Radio Amateur: K3LU (ex: WB3LUI & TI5NW)
- Home Page: http://www.radiointel.com
- Maryland USA
.
.

RHF

Jan 23, 2005, 10:42:44 PM1/23/05
For One and All,
.
The "DAILY WATCH" Webpages for Price and Availability
of the Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio
.
SUNDAY / 23 JAN 2005 = RELEASE DATE CHANGED
UPDATE for UNIVERSAL-RADIO.COM
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101.html
The MONTH has CHANGED from FEBRUARY to MARCH
NOTE - Now reads : Expected March 2005

and there is No Price Listed as of :
SUNDAY / 23 JAN 2005
.
SUNDAY / 23 JAN 2005 = NO CHANGE [.]
UPDATE for ETON CORP.* NO PRICE HAS BEEN POSTED.
* NO RELEASE DATE IS GIVEN.
.
wishing, Hoping. and WAITING ! ~ RHF
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

RHF

Jan 27, 2005, 12:48:13 AM1/27/05
NOONEBOYD,

Thank You for the Information.

* * * EXTRACTED from Yahoo!:Groups:ETON-E1-XM-Radio

= = = "nooneboyd" <theboyd@m...> wrote:

> Hi all: I just received this form the "contact"
> at EtonCorp.com requesting a release date for the
> Grundig 900:
>
> Dear Boyd,
>
> End of this quarter or beginning of next it will be
> released to major dealerships.
>
> Kindly visit our website at www.etoncorp.com .
> Thank you for interest in our radios.
>
> Best regards
> Arvind

RHF

Sanjaya

Jan 28, 2005, 4:33:43 AM1/28/05

"RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

> Hi all: I just received this form the "contact" at EtonCorp.com
> requesting a release date for the Grundig 900:
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>

> Dear Boyd,
>
> End of this quarter or beginning of next it will be
> released to major dealerships.
>
> Kindly visit our website at www.etoncorp.com .
> Thank you for interest in our radios.
>
> Best regards
> Arvind

This is accurate, but they fail to mention that "this quarter or beginning of next"
refers to "quarter century".

Jim Hackett

Jan 28, 2005, 9:26:43 AM1/28/05
LOL I don't doubt that!

"Sanjaya" <sanja...@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote in message

Sanjaya

Jan 28, 2005, 4:47:35 PM1/28/05

"Jim Hackett" <jim...@pcpeople.com> wrote in message

> LOL I don't doubt that!

I couldn't resist : )

RHF

Jan 29, 2005, 5:05:03 AM1/29/05
Eton E1 XM Radio Photos and News From CES 2005 - by RadioIntel.Com
E1XM => http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ETON-E1-XM-Radio/message/162
.

For One and All,
.
Eton E1 XM Radio Photos and News From CES 2005
- by RadioIntel.Com <http://www.radiointel.com/>
.
* Thanks to a friend of RadioIntel.Com
.
* RadioIntel has some Photos taken at CES 2005
while visiting Eton's Booth and bit of News.
<http://www.radiointel.com/>
.
NOTE - Here is where the material facts that are causing
the "Speculation" about two Eton E1 Radios begin:
<http://www.radiointel.com/>
* Eton E1 XM Satellite Radio for the USA
* Eton E1 AM/FM Shortwave Radio for The-Rest-of-the-World
.
What follows is a very good descriptive report of
what Eton Corp. had on display at the CES.
<http://www.radiointel.com/>
.
Check-Out the three Eton E1 XM Photos that are Linked
via the RadioIntel.Com webpage:
<http://www.radiointel.com/>
- E1XM Pic # 1
- E1XM Pic # 2
- E1XM Pic # 3 {Best Shot}
Take-A-Look ! <http://www.radiointel.com/>
.
~ RHF
.

All are WELCOME and "Invited to Join" the
ETON 'Elite' E1 XM Radio eGroup on YAHOO !
.

David

Jan 29, 2005, 9:53:13 AM1/29/05
Doesn't this thing use XM's rumored ''Connect and Play'' scheme where
all the brains are in the base of the antenna and the only thing in
the radio is a control bus/audio interface? Does the XM antenna plug
look like a coaxial or like a Mini-USB?

On 29 Jan 2005 02:05:03 -0800, "RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net>

sdan...@nyc.rr.com

Jan 29, 2005, 10:40:56 AM1/29/05

RHF wrote:
> PHIL,
> .
> "WHY" I would Buy the Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM
> Satellite Radio
> .
> I would agree with you, that in many respects the Eton
> 'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM Satellit Radio should be a
> better receiver than the Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium,
> and I love my GS800M.
> .
> What have been many of the problems and grips that have
> been written about here with the GS800M.
> - Small Ferrite Rod Antenna
> - Internal RF Noise from the Radios Circuits
> - Hash from the LCD Display.
> and many more . . . all this in a big, Big. BIG ! Box.
> .
> Well for Eton / Drake /Tecsun to take the GS800M and place
> it into a much smaller Box; would mean that at least two
> of the above problems would have had to be Fix or at least
> significantly reduced to at least the same performance
> levels as the GS800M.

I agree that this is what SHOULD happen, but of course it doesn't
always work out that way. In the course of correcting one set of
problems, one often just creates a whole new set. Also, I'm still not
clear on the role of Drake in the development of this new Eton
receiver. I don't see anything about it on the Drake website, whereas I
do see the Satellit 800 on the Drake site. Will Drake repair defective
E1's, as they do the Sat 800's? I keep seeing the Drake name attached
to the E1, which is encouraging; but what, exactly, does Drake have to
do with it?

> Imagine a GS800M with a 'lower' Noise Floor and able to
> "Hear" those Weak Signals that are just now on the edge
> of Listenability with the GS800M.
> .
> The nature of the Business Product Process Cycle is to
> Continously Seek to Build-It-Better and Make-It-Cheaper.
> [ Increase the Value of the Product to the Customer. ]
> .
> The Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium was ETON Corps
> Premier [Flag Ship] "Big Box" Radio. The Eton 'Elite'
> E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio is designed to be
> ETON Corps Premier 'Small Box' Radio. For ETON Corp,

> the Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio

> has to be at least as-good-as the GS800M; and ideally
> much better.

We just have to hope that things work out this way, but there are no
guarantees.

Remember, it has been four years since
> ETON Corp has released the GS800M and it need a New STAR
> for it's Consumer Marketing "Image". If the Eton 'Elite'
> E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio is as-good-as the
> GS800M and in a 'smaller' Box; it will be a Hit with the
> Buying Public. (An Executive Gift) However, if the Eton
> 'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio is much better
> than the GS800M; then it will be a Hit with the Radio
> Enthusiast who will feel they need to "Got-to-Have-It !"
> .

> Please Note - That when I write about the Eton E1 XM Radio;
> I 'label' it as the Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM Satellite
> Radio. That is because 'for me' what it is as the Eton
> 'Elite' E1 Receiver is what I am interested in as a Radio.
> What it will do as an AM/MW, FM and Shortwave Radio is the
> "Why" that will make 'me' want to Buy it. The fact that
> it also comes 'with' XM Satellit Radio is not a Selling
> Point for me.

I'm with you there. I also don't think that the AM/MW/SW and FM will be
a big selling point with people who are shopping for satellite
radios....which makes me question the wisdom of combining so much in a
single package.

Let us keep our fingers crossed!

Steve

RHF

Feb 1, 2005, 12:06:47 PM2/1/05
FO&A,
.
TUESDAY / 1 FEB 2005 = NO NEW CHANGESThe Last Change was the Month Changed from FEBRUARY to MARCH.
NOTE - Now Reads : Expected March 2005 and there is
No Price Listed as of : TUESDAY / 1 FEB 2005
.
TUESDAY / 1 FEB 2005 = STILL NO CHANGE [.]

RHF

Feb 24, 2005, 9:48:54 AM2/24/05
* * * EXTRACTED from ETON 'Elite' E1 XM Radio eGroup
= = = From: "James Townley" <219@b*gf**t.c*m>
= = = Date: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:31 am
= = = Subject: AES
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ETON-E1-XM-Radio/message/185
.
Hi: AES has the E1 available for checkout at their site.
http://www.aesham.com/
.
Now the big question is whether you can order one now,
but have to wait indefinately until it becomes available.
.

- - - - - - - -
.
ETON AM/FM/SW/XM W/PS $499.99
AES => http://tinyurl.com/5mfst

.
~ RHF
.
All are WELCOME and "Invited to Join" the
ETON 'Elite' E1 XM Radio eGroup on YAHOO !

RHF

Feb 28, 2005, 10:12:15 AM2/28/05
FO&A,
.
Per the Universal-Radio.Com WebSite
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101.html
"This new model is expected "MID" 2005.
[ Read "MID" = May / June / July / August of 2005 ]

We will post the price as soon as available."
Eton E1 XM AM/FM/SW/XM Radio
Order #0101
List Price: TBA
Your Price: TBA
.
Per the ETON Corp. {Grundig-Radio.Com} WebSite
DESCRIPTION => http://tinyurl.com/6numg
SPECIFICATIONS => http://tinyurl.com/4477b
- There is NO Price Stated.
- There is NO Delivery Date Posted.
.
Here is a Cpoy of a Message Posted to the

From: "nooneboyd" <th*b**d@mh*.c*m>
Date: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:39 pm
Subject: Release Date
.
Hi all: This is the latest from Eton.
I asked when we could expect a release for this radio.
Here's the complete reply:
.
"Dear Boyd,
.
In my last communications,
I used the time line as end of first quarter.
So, we are still planning it that way.
May be plus minus few days.
.
Best regards
Arvind"
.
So, I guess there's no new news.
Good listening: theboyd
.
.
Message has been deleted

RHF

Mar 2, 2005, 4:02:13 PM3/2/05
FC,
.
Thank You for the Link.
.
http://img234.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img234&image=e1xmad6lz.jpg
.
Once again the 'printed' Price is $500 + S&H (+ Taxes)
.
~ RHF
.

RHF

Mar 14, 2005, 6:03:07 PM3/14/05
For One and All,
.
Eton E1 Receiver "News" from Universal-Radio .Com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ETON-E1-XM-Radio/message/224
{The Good and The Bad}
.
* * * EXTRACTED from Newsgroups: Rec.Radio.Shortwave
= = = From: "Bill Amann Jr" <wam...@c*l*mb*s.rr.c*m>
= = = Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 22:27:30 GMT
= = = Subject: Eton E1...Again !
.
1. Universal-Radio.Com just put up a price of $499.95
NOTE - This is the UR.Com OnLine (Web) Discount Price
The MSRP "List Price" is given as $700.00
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101.html
.
2. Per Universal-Radio.Com the "Expected Date" is 21 June 2005.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101.html
.
3. Also Universal-Radio.Com are now Accepting Orders . . .
Universal-Radio.Com states "we will not charge
your credit card until the item ships."
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101.html
.
.
that is all folks ~ RHF

.
All are WELCOME and "Invited to Join" the
ETON 'Elite' E1 XM Radio eGroup on YAHOO !

RHF

Mar 14, 2005, 6:12:07 PM3/14/05
For One and All,
.
New "Features" WebPage for the Eton E1 Receiver at Universal-Radio.Com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ETON-E1-XM-Radio/message/225
.
There is a New "Features" WebPage for the Eton E1 Receiver
with XM Satellite Radio at Universal-Radio.Com :
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101feat.html
.
This is along with the "Big Image" WebPage for the Eton E1
Receiver with XM Satellite Radio at Universal-Radio.Com :
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/e1xmlrg.jpg
.
Plus the standard Eton E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio
at Universal-Radio.Com :
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101.html
.
.
PLEASE NOTE ON : MONDAY / 14 MARCH 2005
THAT THERE IS STILL NO CHANGE TO THE ETON CORP. WEBPAGE

E1 XM => http://tinyurl.com/6numg
* NO PRICE HAS BEEN POSTED.
* NO RELEASE DATE IS GIVEN.
* WHERE TO BUY = "TBD" (To Be Determined)

RHF

Mar 17, 2005, 4:49:43 PM3/17/05
For One and All,
.
Eton Elite "Series" Radio News and Updates :
.
Eton Elite "E1" AM/FM Shortwave Receiver with XM Satellite Radio
E1XM => http://tinyurl.com/4t9qz
Features & Specifications => http://tinyurl.com/6zx6o
The Eton Elite "E1" AM/FM Shortwave Receiver with XM Satellite
Radio is the world's first Radio to combine AM, FM, Shortwave
Receiver, and XM Satellite Radio into one Ultra-High-Performance
Unit. The finest 'portable' in the World, the E1 offers Powerful
Reception through its Digitally Synthesized PLL Tuner with
Synchronous Detector, Passband Tuning with Selectable Bandwidth
Filters and Single Sideband (SSB). Offering Rich Sound, the
latest in Radio Technology, 1700 Station Presets, and Memory
Scan Function, the E1XM Radio is designed without compromise,
giving you direct access to News, Sports, and Music from
Around-the-World.
.
Eton Elite "E10" AM/FM Shortwave Radio
E10 VIDEO => http://tinyurl.com/7y6xd
Features & Specifications => http://tinyurl.com/4bo9b
Now, intelligence meets performance in the Eton Elite E10
'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio E10. With 550 Programmable
Memories, Manual and Auto-Scan, Precision Tuning, and Alarm
Clock features, the E10 Radio provides the sophisticated tools
for listening in on News, Sports, and Music from around the
world. The E10 Radio even allows internal recharging of its
included Ni-MH Batteries, the Charger is included. With
excellent AM, FM, and Shortwave Reception, plus Intermediate
Frequency (IF) Shift and Shortwave Antenna Trimmer the E10 Radio
gives you the performance you want with Digital Ease.
.
Eton Elite "E100" AM/FM Shortwave Radio
E100 VIDEO => http://tinyurl.com/3lngs
Features & Specifications => http://tinyurl.com/5pueh
The Eton Elite E100 'pocket' AM/FM Shortwave Radio fits
full-sized features into your palm or pocket. This little
marvel is packed with all the latest Radio features you
want: Digital Tuning, 200 Programmable Memories, Digital
Clock and Alarm, plus AM/FM and Shortwave Radio Reception.
And it's small enough to fit in your Coat Pocket !
Message has been deleted

Drifter

Mar 17, 2005, 9:12:08 PM3/17/05
that is all folks ~ RHF
.
All are WELCOME and "Invited to Join" the
ETON 'Elite' E1 XM Radio eGroup on YAHOO !

Where the Topic is the Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver
with XM Satellite Radio

RHF, just got back from 6 days business in Hong Kong. as
always, i hit a few shortwave shops. not an E1 anywhere.
i was told: next week/ don't know/ etc. but, in my march 24-
Time mag., there is an ad for the E1 on page 78. SO, is it
real, or memorex? and the death of the R8b and the icom R75
is the big topic all over Asia. i got my R8b from universal
last nov. 05. sure am glad i got it. and, i was thinking about
the icom. maybe grab one up and play with it later. used to be i
had too many portables, looks like you can't have too manydesk-
tops. and i still use my sat800 and the AOR ar3030 the most.
enjoy your soon to be rare Icom R75....
Drifter...

sdan...@nyc.rr.com

Mar 17, 2005, 9:34:08 PM3/17/05
If the E1 is released and it stinks, will we be allowed to criticize
it?

Steve

Message has been deleted

sdan...@nyc.rr.com

Mar 17, 2005, 11:07:06 PM3/17/05
Cool! Man, that's a relief.

Steve

RHF

Mar 22, 2005, 1:01:11 AM3/22/05
Grove Enterprises 'pre-sale' of the Eton E1 XM Radio
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ETON-E1-XM-Radio/message/234
.
.
Richard,
.
Yes it does look like Grove Enterprises is offering
the Eton 'Elite' E1 AM/FM Shortwave Receiver with
XM Satellite Radio for 'pre-sale' at this time.
.
http://www.grove-ent.com/eton.html
{Price $499.95}
.
http://www.grove-ent.com/EX1M.html
{Expected availability date of late March to early April}

.
~ RHF
.
.
= = = "Richard" <pensions@m...> wrote:
.
I just looked at the Grove Enterprises site and it appears
as though they are takng orders for the E1 right now.
.
What gives ?
.
.

sdan...@nyc.rr.com

Mar 22, 2005, 10:41:35 PM3/22/05
They're currently lining up their beta testers.

Steve

RHF

Apr 1, 2005, 1:31:13 PM4/1/05
FO&A,
.
UNIVERSAL-RADIO.COM : STATUS REPORT / UPDATE
For FRIDAY / 1 APRIL 2005
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101.html
.
Product # 0101
List Price: $700.00 USD
Your Price: $499.95 USD
.
The Eton 'Elite' E1 XM Radio webpage currently Reads :
* This new model is expected June 2005.
* We are accepting orders now.
* As always ... we will not charge your credit card
until the item ships.
* Note: The information above is very preliminary
and subject to change.
.
NOTE - Grove Enterprises; AES and several other are
also taking Pre-Orders for the Eton 'Elite' E1 XM Radio.
.
.
ETON CORP. : STATUS REPORT / UPDATE = STILL NO CHANGE [.]
For FRIDAY / 1 APRIL 2005
.

E1 XM => http://tinyurl.com/6numg
* NO PRICE HAS BEEN POSTED.
* NO RELEASE DATE IS GIVEN.
.
.
wishing, Hoping. and WAITING ! ~ RHF

.
All are WELCOME and "Invited to Join" the
ETON 'Elite' E1 XM Radio eGroup on YAHOO !
Where the Topic is the Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver
with XM Satellite Radio.
.
.

Joe Analssandrini

Apr 1, 2005, 2:29:18 PM4/1/05
They may be taking orders but I STRONGLY recommend that everyone in
this newsgroup WAIT until the reviews are in. Especially, as this is a
"new" radio of Chinese construction, do you really want to be a "guinea
pig?"

Remember the quality-control problems of the Grundig Satellit 800? This
radio is made by the same factory.

Let others have the "problems," if any. If the radio does turn out to
be a "good one," well, waiting a few months won't hurt anybody.

Don't complain if you do buy one of the initial production run and then
have problems with the radio. That would be your own fault!

I can't imagine that anyone on this group just HAS to have this radio
right away and CANNOT POSSIBLY wait!

Caveat emptor.

Best,

Joe

P.S. I believe that the Eton E1-XM is designed by and will be serviced
by Drake. Drake appears to be abandoning the short wave field. (As
recently as the year 2000 they had four [4] short wave receivers; now
they have none.) I wonder how this will affect their service department?

RHF

Apr 25, 2005, 9:20:49 AM4/25/05
FO&A,
.
UNIVERSAL-RADIO.COM : STATUS REPORT / UPDATE
For MONDAY / 25 APRIL 2005
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101.html

Product # 0101
List Price : $700.00 USD
Your Price : $499.95 USD
.
The Webpage currently Reads :

* This new model is expected June 2005.
* Note: The information above is very preliminary
and Subject-to-Change.
.
FEATURES - The Eton E1 AM/FM Shortwave Receiver
with XM Satellite Radio - List of Features :
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101feat.html
.
INPUTS & OUTPUTS - The Eton E1 AM/FM Shortwave Receiver
with XM Satellite Radio features both Input and
Output Jacks on the Left Side of the Radio :
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101io.html
* Line In
* Line Out
* Antenna HF (Shortwave Bands) : Internal <> External
* Antenna FM (FM BCB Band) : Internal <> External
* EXT (External) Antenna Jack = SO-239 Connector ?
* DC Input Jack = 9 VDC with Tip Positive
* EXT (External) Speaker Jack = 1/8" Stereo
* EXT (External) Headphone 0^0 = Jack = 1/8" Stereo
.
KEY PAD - The Eton E1 AM/FM Shortwave Receiver
with XM Satellite Radio - Key Pad Entry Layout :
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101key.html
.
AUDIO - The Eton E1 AM/FM Shortwave Receiver
with XM Satellite Radio Features Separate Bass and
Treble Controls, plus an All-Mode Squelch Control along
with the standard larger Volume Control Knob.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101tone.html
.
BIG PICTURE - The Eton E1 AM/FM Shortwave Receiver
with XM Satellite Radio - Large Image :
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/e1xmlrg.jpg
NOTE - XM Satellite Radio Antenna Module and
XM Satellite Subscription are Sold Separately.
.
XM - To Listen to XM Satellite Radio Programming both
Activation and Monthly Subscription Fees are Required.
.
ABOUT - The XM Satellite Radio Antenna Module
Availability : To Be Announced
Price : To Be Determined
.
ADAPTER - SO239 to KOK Antenna Jack Adapter
for XM Satellite Radio Hook-Up
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/1052.jpg

.
.
ETON CORP. : STATUS REPORT / UPDATE = STILL NO CHANGE [.]
For MONDAY / 25 APRIL 2005
.
E1 XM INFO => http://tinyurl.com/6numg

* NO PRICE HAS BEEN POSTED.
* NO RELEASE DATE IS GIVEN.
.
SPECIFICATIONS - The Eton E1 AM/FM Shortwave Receiver
with XM Satellite Radio - Eton Corps List of Features :
E1 XM SPECS => http://tinyurl.com/4477b

.
wishing, Hoping. and WAITING ! ~ RHF
.
All are WELCOME and "Invited to Join" the
ETON 'Elite' E1 XM Radio eGroup on YAHOO !
Where the Topic is the Eton 'Elite' E1 AM/FM
Shortwave Receiver with XM Satellite Radio.
. . . . .

RHF

May 1, 2005, 5:19:43 AM5/1/05
FO&A,
.
Note - Three -NEW- Images of Features have been Added :
* "Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) Screens"
* "Preference Settings"
* "Snooze and Sleep Function"

.
UNIVERSAL-RADIO.COM : STATUS REPORT / UPDATE
For For SUNDAY - UNO DE MAYO 2005

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101.html
Product # 0101
List Price : $700.00 USD
Your Price : $499.95 USD
.
[...]

-NEW- "Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) Screens" for the

Eton E1 AM/FM Shortwave Receiver with XM Satellite Radio
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101scrn.html
* Long Wave {LW} Screen
* Medium Wave {AM Band} Screen
* Shortwave {SW} Band Screen
* FM Band Screen
? What No XM Satellite Radio Screen ?
.
-NEW- "Preference Settings" for the Eton E1 AM/FM Shortwave
Receiver with XM Satellite Radio allows you to Set your
Operating Preferences.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101Mrad.html
.
-NEW- "Snooze and Sleep Function" for the Eton E1 AM/FM
Shortwave Receiver with XM Satellite Radio the "Sleep /
Snooze Function can turn the Radio OFF after 1 to 99 minutes.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101snoz.html

.
.
ETON CORP. : STATUS REPORT / UPDATE = STILL NO CHANGE [.]
For SUNDAY - UNO DE MAYO 2005
.

INFO => http://tinyurl.com/6numg
* NO PRICE HAS BEEN POSTED.
* NO RELEASE DATE IS GIVEN.
.
SPECIFICATIONS - The Eton E1 AM/FM Shortwave Receiver
with XM Satellite Radio - Eton Corps List of Features :

sdan...@nyc.rr.com

May 1, 2005, 11:23:54 AM5/1/05

Just don't send your defective units to Drake for repair.

Steve