Simple FM Radio Band Loop Antenna

RHF

Mar 9, 2008, 3:12:33 PM3/9/08
FO&A,

Simple FM Radio Band Loop Antenna

http://www.skywaves.info/index.php?entityType=HTML&id=139

This FM Loop is simply a Single Element {One-Turn} Cubical
{Square} Quad Antenna. Measures 33 Inchs per Side (4) for a
Total of 132 Inches and can be used very effectively In-Doors.
This Loop Antenna is Less than a Yard {3-Feet} Across and
Less than a Yard {3-Feet} Tall.
-ps- Put it in/near a Window and use it for Shortwave too.

=SOURCE= "Skywaves" - British FM & TV Circle
The Home of FM and TV DXing in the UK
http://www.skywaves.info/index.php?id=home
The Skywaves Groups cater for the Hobby of Long-Distance
(DX) Radio and Television Reception and we also cover
Satellite and DAB Broadcasting.
.
.
shamelessly promoting my swl antenna & qsl groups : this is
'radio high frequency' and as always - iane ~ RHF {pomkia}
.
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antennas Group => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
The SWL Antenna Discussion Group => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna HELP => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna NEWS => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna INFO => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
* * * All Are Welcome : Including ELMERS and 'Want-to-be-Elmers'
plus plain old "Mister-Know-It-Alls"; and even those Newbees with
"I Know This Is A Really Dumb Question - But _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ "
.
Shortwave Radio Listener QSL Reports News & Info Group
http://groups.google.com/group/shortwave-listener-qsl-reports
Read & Post Your Shortwave Listener (SWL) Reception Reports
SWL-QSL-REPORTS => http://tinyurl.com/3awlyr
.
The Shortwave Listener's Blessing :
SWL BLESSING => http://tinyurl.com/s2bjm
May You Never Tire of Listening to the Radio and Always
have Strong Signals and Noise Free Reception ~ RHF {ibid}
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/9233
.
Tous Sont Bienvenus ! - - - Groupe par Radio
d'auditeur d'onde courte pour des Antennes de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Alle Sind Willkommen ! - - - Shortwave Radiozuhörer
Gruppe für SWL Antennen
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Tutti Sono Benvenuti ! - - - Gruppo Radiofonico
dell'ascoltatore di onda corta per le Antenne di SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Todos São Bem-vindos ! - - - Grupo de Rádio
do ouvinte do Shortwave para Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
¡Todos Son Agradables! - - - Grupo de Radio del oyente
de la onda corta para las Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
= = = = Plain Old American-English Translation = = = =
All are Welcome - - - To Join the Shortwave Listeners
(SWL) Antenna Group on YAHOO !
.

/ \
.......!.......

user

Mar 9, 2008, 3:24:37 PM3/9/08
RHF wrote:

> FO&A,
>
> Simple FM Radio Band Loop Antenna
>
> http://www.skywaves.info/index.php?entityType=HTML&id=139

Would a circular loop be better??

I constructed a double dipole, and it is better tahn a yagi with 5 el.

| |
| |lenght=75 cm = 1/4 wavelength
____A____
---------
| |
| |

wire is connected at A, the upper U and lower U.
I do not know if the ant is 75 OHM.

Shortwave transmissions in English, Francais, Nederlands, Deutsch,
Suid-Afrikaans, Chinese, Dansk, Urdu, Cantonese, Greek, Spanish,
Portuguese, ...
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/swlist/ Updated every month or so ....

RHF

Mar 9, 2008, 7:20:05 PM3/9/08
For the Newbies who are Interested in Shortwave Radio
Listening (SWL) and also have an Interest in FM Radio too . . .

Welcome to Skywaves ! - British FM & TV Circle

The Home of FM and TV DXing in the UK
http://www.skywaves.info/index.php?id=home
The Skywaves Groups cater for the Hobby of Long-Distance
(DX) Radio and Television Reception and we also cover
Satellite and DAB Broadcasting.

The Skywaves Medium Wave [AM/MW] DX Group
http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/skywavesmw/

Here are several One Page WebPages "Too Read" on
several Radio Wave Propagation Topics :

* AM Radio Band / Medium Wave and The Ionosphere
http://www.skywaves.info/index.php?entityType=HTML&id=21

* Groundwave Radio Signals
http://www.skywaves.info/index.php?entityType=HTML&id=17

* Tropospheric Radio Wave Propagation
http://www.skywaves.info/index.php?entityType=HTML&id=15

* Ionospheric Radio Wave Propagation
http://www.skywaves.info/index.php?entityType=HTML&id=16

* F2 Layer and Trans-Equatorial Propagation (TEP)
http://www.skywaves.info/index.php?entityType=HTML&id=19

* Meteor Scatter Propagation & Jet Scatter Propagation
http://www.skywaves.info/index.php?entityType=HTML&id=18
http://www.skywaves.info/index.php?entityType=HTML&id=20
.
.
hope this helps - iane ~ RHF {pomkia}

On Mar 9, 12:12 pm, RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> FO&A,
>
> Simple FM Radio Band Loop Antenna
>
> http://www.skywaves.info/index.php?entityType=HTML&id=139
>
> This FM Loop is simply a Single Element {One-Turn} Cubical
> {Square} Quad Antenna. Measures 33 Inchs per Side (4) for a
> Total of 132 Inches and can be used very effectively In-Doors.
> This Loop Antenna is Less than a Yard {3-Feet} Across and
> Less than a Yard {3-Feet} Tall.
> -ps- Put it in/near a Window and use it for Shortwave too.
>
> =SOURCE= "Skywaves" - British FM & TV Circle

> The Home of FM and TV DXing in the UKhttp://www.skywaves.info/index.php?id=home

> The Skywaves Groups cater for the Hobby of Long-Distance
> (DX) Radio and Television Reception and we also cover
> Satellite and DAB Broadcasting.
>  .
>  .
> shamelessly promoting my swl antenna & qsl groups : this is
> 'radio high frequency' and as always - iane ~ RHF  {pomkia}
>  .
> Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antennas Group =>http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
> The SWL Antenna Discussion Group =>http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
> Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna HELP =>http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
> Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna NEWS =>http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
> Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna INFO =>http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
> * * * All Are Welcome : Including ELMERS and 'Want-to-be-Elmers'
> plus plain old "Mister-Know-It-Alls"; and even those Newbees with
> "I Know This Is A Really Dumb Question - But _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ "
>  .

> Shortwave Radio Listener QSL Reports News & Info Grouphttp://groups.google.com/group/shortwave-listener-qsl-reports

> Read & Post Your Shortwave Listener (SWL) Reception Reports
> SWL-QSL-REPORTS =>http://tinyurl.com/3awlyr
>  .
> The Shortwave Listener's Blessing :
> SWL BLESSING =>http://tinyurl.com/s2bjm
> May You Never Tire of Listening to the Radio and Always
> have Strong Signals and Noise Free Reception ~ RHF {ibid}http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/9233
>  .
> Tous Sont Bienvenus ! - - - Groupe par Radio

>  .
> Alle Sind Willkommen ! - - - Shortwave Radiozuhörer

>  .
> Tutti Sono Benvenuti ! - - - Gruppo Radiofonico

>  .
> Todos São Bem-vindos ! - - - Grupo de Rádio

>  .
> ¡Todos Son Agradables! - - - Grupo de Radio del oyente

RHF

Mar 9, 2008, 7:31:24 PM3/9/08
On Mar 9, 12:24 pm, user <d...@allemaal.be> wrote:
> RHF wrote:
- - FO&A,
- -
-
- Would a circular loop be better??
-

USER,

It would be 'easier' for many people to make and support
a Square "Quad" Loop Element then a 42 Inch Diameter
Circular Loop Element.

-but- Some Very Large Hula-Hoops have 42 Inch Diameter.

BUILDING - One of the Bigger Box AM/MW Loop Antennas :
The One Metre AM/MW Loop Antenna
-aka The Square Yard AM/MW Loop Antenna
These are about as big as you want to get when . . .
considering an AM/MW Loop Antenna for In-Doors Use.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/80dfaec741994999

FM Modification - Just make this 42 Inch Hula-Hoop
Loop Antenna into a Single-Turn (1T) Loop and you
have a Full Wave-Length FM Loop Antenna.

now that was easy - iane ~ RHF ~ RHF {pomkia}

Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antennas Group => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf

.

> I constructed a double dipole, and it is better tahn a yagi with 5 el.
>
> |       |
> |       |lenght=75 cm = 1/4 wavelength
> ____A____
> ---------
> |       |
> |       |
>
> wire is connected at A, the upper U and lower U.
> I do not know if the ant is 75 OHM.
>
> --
> --
> Shortwave transmissions in English, Francais, Nederlands, Deutsch,
> Suid-Afrikaans, Chinese, Dansk, Urdu, Cantonese, Greek, Spanish,

> Portuguese, ...http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/swlist/

Telamon

Mar 10, 2008, 9:40:43 PM3/10/08
In article
<2dcbcf9f-7af8-4548...@s37g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
RHF <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> FO&A,
>
> Simple FM Radio Band Loop Antenna

< SNIP >

You are not capable of understanding how a simple antenna works.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon

Mar 10, 2008, 9:41:37 PM3/10/08
In article <fr1dhl$dpf$2...@registered.motzarella.org>,
user <d...@allemaal.be> wrote:

> RHF wrote:
>
> > FO&A,
> >
> > Simple FM Radio Band Loop Antenna
> >
> > http://www.skywaves.info/index.php?entityType=HTML&id=139
>
> Would a circular loop be better??
>
> I constructed a double dipole, and it is better tahn a yagi with 5 el.
>
> | |
> | |lenght=75 cm = 1/4 wavelength
> ____A____
> ---------
> | |
> | |

> wire is connected at A, the upper U and lower U.
> I do not know if the ant is 75 OHM.

He could not tell you. He is an idiot.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon

Mar 10, 2008, 9:42:26 PM3/10/08
In article
<6095b405-4106-49ce...@s12g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
RHF <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote:

Oh really?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

RHF

Mar 11, 2008, 5:46:05 AM3/11/08
On Mar 10, 6:42 pm, Telamon
<telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid> wrote:
> In article
> <6095b405-4106-49ce-901a-590876a85...@s12g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,

>  RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> > On Mar 9, 12:24 pm, user <d...@allemaal.be> wrote:
> > > RHF wrote:
> > - - FO&A,
> > - -
> > - - Simple FM Radio Band Loop Antenna
> > - -
> > - -http://www.skywaves.info/index.php?entityType=HTML&id=139

> > -
> > - Would a circular loop be better??
> > -
>
> > USER,
>
> > It would be 'easier' for many people to make and support
> > a Square "Quad" Loop Element then a 42 Inch Diameter
> > Circular Loop Element.
>
> > -but- Some Very Large Hula-Hoops have 42 Inch Diameter.
>
> > BUILDING - One of the Bigger Box AM/MW Loop Antennas :
> > The One Metre AM/MW Loop Antenna
> > -aka The Square Yard AM/MW Loop Antenna
> > These are about as big as you want to get when . . .
> > considering an AM/MW Loop Antenna for In-Doors Use.
> >http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/80dfaec741994999
>
> > FM Modification - Just make this 42 Inch Hula-Hoop
> > Loop Antenna into a Single-Turn (1T) Loop and you
> > have a Full Wave-Length FM Loop Antenna.
-
- Oh really?
-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California
-

Teli - Yes really, Really. REALLY ! ~ RHF

Original Post : Simple FM Radio Band Loop Antenna
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/db5d513ceb21150d

Question : Simple FM Radio Band Loop Antenna
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/64da5ca7ed425852

Answer : Simple FM Radio Band Loop Antenna
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/71575e35ccc316fd

Hello Telamon - Where Was Your Added Value In This Thread ?

Teli - Please Learn To Be A Postive Contributor Here and Not
Just Another "Trill" In Search of a "Troll" To Get Some Attention.

remember - newsgroups they are about 'content' ~ RHF
-and- the original post was about adding one piece of
new radio related 'content' to the newsgroup for that day.

Original Post : Simple FM Radio Band Loop Antenna
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/db5d513ceb21150d
.

RHF

Mar 11, 2008, 6:00:17 AM3/11/08
On Mar 10, 6:41 pm, Telamon
<telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid> wrote:
> In article <fr1dhl$dp...@registered.motzarella.org>,

>  user <d...@allemaal.be> wrote:
> > RHF wrote:
>
> > > FO&A,
>
> > > Simple FM Radio Band Loop Antenna
>
> > >http://www.skywaves.info/index.php?entityType=HTML&id=139
>
> > Would a circular loop be better??
>
> > I constructed a double dipole, and it is better tahn a yagi with 5 el.
>
> > |       |
> > |       |lenght=75 cm = 1/4 wavelength
> > ____A____
> > ---------
> > |       |
> > |       |
>
> > wire is connected at A, the upper U and lower U.
> > I do not know if the ant is 75 OHM.
-
- He could not tell you. He is an idiot.

-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California
-

Teli - idiota, Idiota. IDIOTA ! ~ RHF
Idiota - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot

In Latin the word "Idiota" -means- Ordinary Person
-aka- LAYMAN { A Hobbyist Practicing a Hobby :-}

Teli - In the True Sense of the Word - That I Am ! :o)

Telamon - I Never Claimed to be anything -except to say-

My only claim to fame is that : I am a simple common
everyday "Free" Over-the-Air AM/FM Radio Listener.

-ps- i do shortwave radio listening (swl) too ~ RHF
.
.
Back to the Original Post which Started This Thread :

Original Post : Simple FM Radio Band Loop Antenna
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/db5d513ceb21150d

Hello Telamon - Where Was Your Added Value In This Thread ?

Teli - Please Learn To Be A Postive Contributor Here and Not
Just Another "Trill" In Search of a "Troll" To Get Some Attention.

remember - newsgroups they are about 'content' ~ RHF
-and- the original post was about adding one piece of
new radio related 'content' to the newsgroup for that day.

.

RHF

Mar 11, 2008, 6:07:39 AM3/11/08
On Mar 10, 6:40 pm, Telamon
<telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid> wrote:
> In article
> <2dcbcf9f-7af8-4548-8e8a-f76d738a9...@s37g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,

>  RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> > FO&A,
>
> > Simple FM Radio Band Loop Antenna

- < SNIP >
-
- You are not capable of understanding how a simple antenna works.

-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California
-

Telamon as a "Layman" { A Hobbyist Practicing a Hobby :-}
* just * an * other * idiota *

Remember my only claim to fame is that : I am a simple

common everyday "Free" Over-the-Air AM/FM Radio Listener.

-ps- i do shortwave radio listening (swl) too :o) ~ RHF

Teli - I Do Not Need To Know The THEORY :
I Simply Need To Know "How To" Put It To Pratcial Use [.]

RHF

Mar 11, 2008, 6:22:49 AM3/11/08
On Mar 9, 12:24 pm, user <d...@allemaal.be> wrote:
> RHF wrote:
> > FO&A,
>
> > Simple FM Radio Band Loop Antenna
>
> >http://www.skywaves.info/index.php?entityType=HTML&id=139
>
> Would a circular loop be better??

* * * * * The Great Telamon Challenge * * * * *
Please provide a Reply to this Part of "Users" Post :

- I constructed a double dipole, and it is better tahn a yagi with 5
el.
-
- |       |
- |       | lenght=75 cm = 1/4 wavelength
- ____A____
- ---------
- |       |
- |       |
-
- wire is connected at A, the upper U and lower U.
- I do not know if the ant is 75 OHM.
-

i {we all} away your detailed reply intertwining both
theoretical and practical based utterances ~ RHF

-ps- please don't keep us waiting . . . . . . . . . . . .
that's the sound of telamon . t h i n k i n g . . . . . .

PONG - The Great Telamon Challenge
- Please Provide A Reply To _____ Waiting . . .

> --
> --
> Shortwave transmissions in English, Francais, Nederlands, Deutsch,
> Suid-Afrikaans, Chinese, Dansk, Urdu, Cantonese, Greek, Spanish,

> Portuguese, ...http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/swlist/  Updated every month or so ....

Telamon

Mar 11, 2008, 9:16:33 PM3/11/08
In article
<435ff9be-a7cf-4d11...@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
RHF <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> On Mar 10, 6:40 pm, Telamon
> <telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid> wrote:
> > In article
> > <2dcbcf9f-7af8-4548-8e8a-f76d738a9...@s37g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
> >
> >  RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> > > FO&A,
> >
> > > Simple FM Radio Band Loop Antenna
> >
> - < SNIP >
> -
> - You are not capable of understanding how a simple antenna works.
> -
> - --
> - Telamon
> - Ventura, California
> -
>
> Telamon as a "Layman" { A Hobbyist Practicing a Hobby :-}
> * just * an * other * idiota *
>
> Remember my only claim to fame is that : I am a simple

< SNIP >

I'll finish that for you "idiot."

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon

Mar 11, 2008, 9:17:56 PM3/11/08
In article
<c8d7f3bf-3be2-48ce...@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
RHF <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> On Mar 10, 6:41 pm, Telamon
> <telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid> wrote:
> > In article <fr1dhl$dp...@registered.motzarella.org>,
> >

> >  user <d...@allemaal.be> wrote:

> > > Would a circular loop be better??
> >
> > > I constructed a double dipole, and it is better tahn a yagi with 5 el.
> >
> > > |       |
> > > ____A____
> > > ---------
> > > |       |
> > > |       |
> >
> > > wire is connected at A, the upper U and lower U.
> > > I do not know if the ant is 75 OHM.
> -
> - He could not tell you. He is an idiot.
> -
> -
>

> Teli - idiota, Idiota. IDIOTA ! ~ RHF

< SNIP >

Thanks for making my point.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon

Mar 11, 2008, 9:19:01 PM3/11/08
In article
<ce20732c-a779-441f...@s12g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
RHF <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Teli - Yes really, Really. REALLY ! ~ RHF

< SNIP >

Well, you are wrong idiot.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

RHF

Mar 12, 2008, 5:29:54 AM3/12/08

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/5cfafe4354524342

Please provide a Reply to this Part of "Users" Post :

- I constructed a double dipole, and it is better tahn

- a yagi with 5 el.

-
- | |
- | | lenght=75 cm = 1/4 wavelength
- ____A____
- ---------
- | |
- | |
-
- wire is connected at A, the upper U and lower U.
- I do not know if the ant is 75 OHM.
-

teli - i {we all} away your detailed reply intertwining both

theoretical and practical based utterances ~ RHF

-ps- please don't keep us waiting . . . . . . . . . . . .
that's the sound of telamon . t h i n k i n g . . . . . .

The Message Replu is a "PONG" to trhe one and only

The Great Telamon Challenge - Please Provide A Reply To _____

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/5cfafe4354524342
Day One Waiting . . .
Day Two Waiting . . .

Remember Telamon - I Never Claimed to be anything
- = Except-to-Say = -
My only claim to fame is that : I am a simple common

everyday "Free" Over-the-Air AM/FM Radio Listener.

-ps- i do shortwave radio listening (swl) too ~ RHF

Telamon

Mar 12, 2008, 8:44:53 PM3/12/08
In article
<10bfab6f-7f64-4208...@i7g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
RHF <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> On Mar 11, 3:22 am, RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:

< SNIP >

Hey goofball, replying to yourself is bad form.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California