Google Группы больше не поддерживают новые публикации и подписки в сети Usenet. Опубликованный ранее контент останется доступен.

Bootleg Lightbulbs Coming to California

2 просмотра

∅baMa∅ Tse Dung

не прочитано,
27 дек. 2010 г., 19:48:1927.12.2010
The California Energy Commission in September 2010 published its 226-
page Appliance Efficiency Regulations, whereby the 100-watt
incandescent light bulb will be outlawed at midnight on December 31,
2010.

Imagine 100-watt incandescent light bulbs as contraband in California
-- persona non gratis -- but illegal immigrants get free tuition --
amigo de bienvenida.

Smuggling bootleg light bulbs into California would be a piece of
cake. Just stuff them inside bales of marijuana. Or line up eight
packs in the cargo bays of Greyhound buses carrying illegals on the
express lane from Tijuana to any of two dozen sanctuary cities. Hey,
wave 'em on in, there's nothing to check there! Ten-four!

http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/12/bootleg_lightbulbs_coming_to_c.html

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are DEADLY PSYCHOPATHS

не прочитано,
27 дек. 2010 г., 20:09:0727.12.2010
I got a bunch of 100w incandescent bulbs stored away. Everyone should
since you can buy them 4 for a dollar.
Сообщение удалено

Neoconis_Ignoramus

не прочитано,
27 дек. 2010 г., 20:14:1127.12.2010
> http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/12/bootleg_lightbulbs_coming_to_c...

I see no diff in incandescent vs. flourescent. The latter lasts a lot
longer, too. Bunch of whining by poor mothefuckers who apparently
can't afford to splurge the extra 2 bones for the better bulb.

Quit whining and go get a job that pays more, losers.

RHF

не прочитано,
27 дек. 2010 г., 20:27:1527.12.2010
On Dec 27, 4:48 pm, ∅baMa∅ Tse Dung <0bama0.spea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/12/bootleg_lightbulbs_coming_to_c...

Prohibition Proved : Give The People What They Want !

Sound like an opportunity for an enterprising american
businessman to make Money from the back of a Van.

Follow the NC to NY Bootlegged Cigarette Model.

Buy a Van Load of 'Legal' 100 Watt Incandescent
Light Bulbs in OR, WA, NV or AZ and take'm into
California @ $1 Each $P$R$O$F$I$T$ ~ $2500 of
Tax Free Income per Van-Load. ~ RHF

Start-Up and eBay Business Selling 'Legal' 100 Watt
Incandescent Light Bulbs from any US State except
California.

Human 'Mules' Carrying Cases of 'Legal' 100 Watt
Incandescent Light Bulbs across the US/Mexico
Border . . .
.
.

John Smith

не прочитано,
27 дек. 2010 г., 20:34:1127.12.2010
On 12/27/2010 5:09 PM, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are DEADLY PSYCHOPATHS
wrote:

> I got a bunch of 100w incandescent bulbs stored away. Everyone should
> since you can buy them 4 for a dollar.

Unless I am attempting to heat my house in the winter, there are better
alternatives ...

Regards,
JS

cuh...@webtv.net

не прочитано,
27 дек. 2010 г., 20:34:0427.12.2010
OH, I Likes that, Bootleg Lightbulbs.
cuhulin

dave

не прочитано,
27 дек. 2010 г., 22:17:4927.12.2010
On 12/27/2010 05:09 PM, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are DEADLY PSYCHOPATHS
wrote:

> I got a bunch of 100w incandescent bulbs stored away. Everyone should
> since you can buy them 4 for a dollar.
For your Easy Bake Oven or what?

Wayne

не прочитано,
27 дек. 2010 г., 21:56:4127.12.2010

"Neoconis_Ignoramus" <bella...@verizon.net> wrote in message
-
Every one of those "high efficiency" bulbs I have bought have been pieces of
crap....sensitive to direction of mounting, and limited life. There is no
way that a pile of those crappy bulbs in the trash bin is more efficient
than a single incandescent.

masonc

не прочитано,
27 дек. 2010 г., 22:18:4127.12.2010

The California Appliance Efficiency Regulations also outlaws all
teapots smaller than 0.87 quarts. (Smaller ones are too inefficient.)

Beam Me Up Scotty

не прочитано,
27 дек. 2010 г., 22:25:0827.12.2010

I used them for my pump house in the winter..... just plug them into a
32deg switch and it kept my pipes in the pump house warm all winter.

I suppose you can use heat tape instead but the 100w light bulb was so
cheap and simple.

John Smith

не прочитано,
27 дек. 2010 г., 22:25:3127.12.2010
On 12/27/2010 7:18 PM, masonc wrote:

> The California Appliance Efficiency Regulations also outlaws all
> teapots smaller than 0.87 quarts. (Smaller ones are too inefficient.)

Really? ROFLOL

Two things come to mind, nuke a pint to heat in the microwave, and, only
heat a pint in your 5 gallon tea pot! ROFLOL

They don't pay those people for their intelligence, obviously ...

Regards,
JS

cuh...@webtv.net

не прочитано,
27 дек. 2010 г., 22:23:0727.12.2010
I own an old Easy Bake oven.I bought it a bunch of years ago at the
Goodwill store.I don't use it, but It does work.
http://www.shopgoodwill.com
Easy Bakin cuhulin

John Smith

не прочитано,
27 дек. 2010 г., 22:31:4227.12.2010
On 12/27/2010 7:25 PM, John Smith wrote:

> Really? ROFLOL
>
> Two things come to mind, nuke a pint to heat in the microwave, and, only
> heat a pint in your 5 gallon tea pot! ROFLOL
>
> They don't pay those people for their intelligence, obviously ...
>
> Regards,
> JS

If you really wanted to get even with them, invite them over for a cup
of tea. Use a big kettle for the tea, and when the two of you are done,
you can watch the water cool in the kettle, wasting many, many BTU's!
For effect, just remark, "The stupid arses demanding all the kettle be
big are WASTING a LOT of energy." (and shake your head sideways with a
sad look on your face ...) ROFLOL

Ya' just gotta love idiots, they are so entertaining! Real amateur
comedians!

Regards,
JS

cuh...@webtv.net

не прочитано,
27 дек. 2010 г., 22:41:4527.12.2010
http://www.ideafinder.com/history/inventions/easybake.htm

Easy Bake.Got to have them Incandescent Light Bulbs.
cuhulin

Сообщение удалено
Сообщение удалено

Sheldon Cooper

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 00:32:3128.12.2010
On Dec 27, 5:14 pm, Neoconis_Ignoramus <bellamac...@verizon.net>
wrote:

Yeah, I remember when you assholes said the same sort of thing about
Ethonal. It was going to be better for the environment, it was going
to make America energy independent. It was going to be great.

Now, we find out that it's more expensive, it's actually MORE
poluting, it's crappy for the engines, and, oh my, it CAUSES MASS
STARVATION!!!!

Now we're being forced to buy light blubs that are toxic, more
expensive, fades artwork, furniture and wall paper, and tend to burn
out at about the same rate as real light bulbs.

Oh, and we're being insulted when we question this insane law.

Sheldon Cooper

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 00:34:5828.12.2010
On Dec 27, 7:55 pm, Ered China Luin <chine.b...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> In article <ifbjl8$ai...@news.eternal-september.org>,
>

>  "Wayne" <mygarbage...@verizon.net> wrote:
> > "Neoconis_Ignoramus" <bellamac...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> Do you have cite in California law that incandescent bulbs will be sold? I mean
> other than one lone wingnut.

http://www.energy.ca.gov/2010publications/CEC-400-2010-012/CEC-400-2010-012.PDF

RHF

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 00:56:1328.12.2010
On Dec 27, 9:32 pm, Sheldon Cooper <richarddead...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 27, 5:14 pm, Neoconis_Ignoramus <bellamac...@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>

> > On Dec 27, 4:48 pm, ∅baMa∅ Tse Dung <0bama0.spea...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > The California Energy Commission in September 2010 published its 226-
> > > page Appliance Efficiency Regulations, whereby the 100-watt
> > > incandescent light bulb will be outlawed at midnight on December 31,
> > > 2010.
>
> > > Imagine 100-watt incandescent light bulbs as contraband in California
> > > -- persona non gratis -- but illegal immigrants get free tuition --
> > > amigo de bienvenida.
>
> > > Smuggling bootleg light bulbs into California would be a piece of
> > > cake.  Just stuff them inside bales of marijuana.  Or line up eight
> > > packs in the cargo bays of Greyhound buses carrying illegals on the
> > > express lane from Tijuana to any of two dozen sanctuary cities.  Hey,
> > > wave 'em on in, there's nothing to check there!  Ten-four!
>
> > >http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/12/bootleg_lightbulbs_coming_to_c...
>
> > I see no diff in incandescent vs. flourescent.  The latter lasts a lot
> > longer, too.  Bunch of whining by poor mothefuckers who apparently
> > can't afford to splurge the extra 2 bones for the better bulb.

- Yeah, I remember when you assholes said the same sort of thing about
- Ethonal.  It was going to be better for the environment, it was
going
- to make America energy independent.  It was going to be great.

At 5% Ethanol a 20 Gallon Tank of Gas has
19 Gals of Imported Oil and 1 Gal of Domestic
Ethanol : That One Less Gal of Imported Oil
and I am OK with that. IMHO - The USA
should be moving to 85% Gas-A-Hol to reduce
Imported Oil by another 10%. ~ RHF
.

John Smith

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 00:59:0328.12.2010
On 12/27/2010 9:56 PM, RHF wrote:
> ... IMHO - The USA

> should be moving to 85% Gas-A-Hol to reduce
> Imported Oil by another 10%. ~ RHF

When anyone speaks of running their, or anothers', food though a gas
tank, you will have to excuse me, but I think FOOL!

Now, if they find a way to use sewage as a base to make alcohol out of,
I will accept that ...

Regards,
JS

buzz

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 01:16:4428.12.2010
RHF wrote:

> At 5% Ethanol a 20 Gallon Tank of Gas has
> 19 Gals of Imported Oil and 1 Gal of Domestic
> Ethanol : That One Less Gal of Imported Oil
> and I am OK with that. IMHO - The USA
> should be moving to 85% Gas-A-Hol to reduce
> Imported Oil by another 10%. ~ RHF

Yeah, and you get less mileage, it is corrosive, eats up rubber gas
lines and will shorten the life of your engine. Guess you are OK with that.

God Bless America...God Damn Rev J. Wright and his white hating black
panther buddies.

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a
drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

"The Police acted stupidly"...Urkel Husein before taking time to learn
the facts.

Q...What does Barack Hussein Obama and Osama bin Laden have in common? >

A...They both have friends that bombed the Pentagon.

"forget the truck...everybody can buy a truck."...Urkel Obama

Not in your economy Mr. Urkel Obama

"Navy corpse-man"...Urkel Obama (three times)

"We don't begrudge success. But I do think at a
certain point you've made enough money." -Urkel Obama

Liberal slogan: "Cool-Aid Cool-Aid, tastes great, Cool-Aid Cool-Aid,
can't wait"

Barack Hussein Obama...mmm mmm mmm
Send HIM to Pakistan to fight Osama...mmm mmm mmm

Simple-minded lying dummycrats (the party that birthed the KKK) and
liberals...morons electing morons.

Sex offender? Rapist? Child molester? Pedophile? Deal in child porn? Any
or all of these and not in jail? Thank a lib, especially a lib judge.

Сообщение удалено

RHF

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 03:40:0628.12.2010
On Dec 27, 7:18 pm, masonc <mas...@frontal-lobe.info> wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 16:48:19 -0800 (PST), ?baMa? Tse Dung
>

> <0bama0.spea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >The California Energy Commission in September 2010 published its 226-
> >page Appliance Efficiency Regulations, whereby the 100-watt
> >incandescent light bulb will be outlawed at midnight on December 31,
> >2010.
>
> >Imagine 100-watt incandescent light bulbs as contraband in California
> >-- persona non gratis -- but illegal immigrants get free tuition --
> >amigo de bienvenida.
>
> >Smuggling bootleg light bulbs into California would be a piece of
> >cake.  Just stuff them inside bales of marijuana.  Or line up eight
> >packs in the cargo bays of Greyhound buses carrying illegals on the
> >express lane from Tijuana to any of two dozen sanctuary cities.  Hey,
> >wave 'em on in, there's nothing to check there!  Ten-four!
>
> >http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/12/bootleg_lightbulbs_coming_to_c...

> The California Appliance Efficiency Regulations also outlaws all
> teapots smaller than 0.87 quarts. (Smaller ones are too inefficient.)

Ban The Sale of Starbucks Coffee in California !
Just Say No To Wasteful Eco-Addictions [.]

Outlaw Starbuck Coffee and Board-Up their Stores
in California -cause- Each and Every 'Single' Cup of
Starbucks Imported Coffee Costs a Gallon of Gas :
To Produce {The Waste}
To Provide & Provision {The Waste}
To Go Get and Consume {The Waste}

BETTER : Add a Dollar 'Eco-Tax' on/to Each and
Every 'Single' Cup of Starbucks Sold in California.

'home brew' coffee-by-the-pot rules ~ RHF
be it : drip, automatic, percolator, etc
.
-ps- Just say 'Yes' to a 2nd Cup of Coffee
at the Office Coffee Mess ;;-}}
.
.

dave

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 09:26:2228.12.2010
On 12/27/2010 09:32 PM, Sheldon Cooper wrote:

> Yeah, I remember when you assholes said the same sort of thing about
> Ethonal. It was going to be better for the environment, it was going
> to make America energy independent. It was going to be great.
>
> Now, we find out that it's more expensive, it's actually MORE
> poluting, it's crappy for the engines, and, oh my, it CAUSES MASS
> STARVATION!!!!
>
> Now we're being forced to buy light blubs that are toxic, more
> expensive, fades artwork, furniture and wall paper, and tend to burn
> out at about the same rate as real light bulbs.
>
> Oh, and we're being insulted when we question this insane law.

The only people pushing ethanol were corn producers and Iowa
legislators. Personally, I'm against burning anything.

I have CFLs over 10 years in service. Can't afford any art work or
wallpaper however.

dave

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 09:32:1028.12.2010
On 12/27/2010 09:34 PM, Sheldon Cooper wrote:

>> Do you have cite in California law that incandescent bulbs will be sold? I mean
>> other than one lone wingnut.
>
> http://www.energy.ca.gov/2010publications/CEC-400-2010-012/CEC-400-2010-012.PDF

You didn't read it did you?

Joe from Kokomo

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 08:48:4128.12.2010

Sheldon Cooper<richard...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> http://www.energy.ca.gov/2010publications/CEC-400-2010-012/CEC-400-2010-012.PDF

On 12/28/2010 2:48 AM, Ered China Luin wrote:

> That's nice. Can't you refine it to a single paragraph?

a) He answered your request

b) The citation DOES have a Table of Contents

I would respectfully suggest that you do a -little- of your own homework.

Sid9

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 08:51:1528.12.2010

"John Smith" <assembl...@gmail.com> wrote in message
.
.
Is the shortage of food making Americans fat?

Sid9

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 08:56:2328.12.2010

"Joe from Kokomo" <j...@indy.net> wrote in message
.
.
Looks like Federal standards....no ban in incandescent lamps, just
standards.

Сообщение удалено

cuh...@webtv.net

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 09:41:3428.12.2010
I don't like ethanol either.

http://www.devilfinder.com
Researchers develope reactor to make fuel from Sunlight

Speaking of cars,,,
devilfinder.com
Chrysler to revive hot Plymouth Barracuda
cuhulin

dave

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 11:45:4928.12.2010

Wow. The guy with 2 last names has a lawyer.

dave

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 11:47:2728.12.2010
On 12/28/2010 05:51 AM, Sid9 wrote:

> .
> Is the shortage of food making Americans fat?

They are fat because they eat too much meat. Way too much meat. The more
beef you eat the more you look like a steer.

Sid9

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 11:08:4128.12.2010

"dave" <da...@dave.dave> wrote in message
.
.
You deleted all the previous and changed the subject.

The OP asserted that Ethanol as a fuel is depriving people of food.

That was a change from the claimed issue of California and light bulbs the
subject of this thread.

An issue that seem to be false since the standards for light bulbs that
were cited did not come from California's government.

What do you have to say about the subject of this thread?

Wayne

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 11:23:1728.12.2010

"masonc" <mas...@frontal-lobe.info> wrote in message
Really! WTF. I get around that with my Sunbeam Hot Shot....boils 2 cups
in about a minute.

cuh...@webtv.net

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 11:33:1728.12.2010
I have a little old electric heater thingy I bought at Goodwill store
years ago.It isn't a cheaply made thingy.It has a heating element in a
metal tube.Plug it in and it will get a quart of water HOT faster than
you can think about it.
cuhulin

m II

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 12:09:0228.12.2010
On 10-12-28 09:45 AM, dave wrote:

> Wow. The guy with 2 last names has a lawyer.

Is that unusual?

mikey darrow-bryan

John Smith

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 12:18:4228.12.2010
On 12/28/2010 5:51 AM, Sid9 wrote:

> Is the shortage of food making Americans fat?

Debatable, however shortages of education are making them fools, like you!

ROFLOL

Regards,
JS

cuh...@webtv.net

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 12:37:4428.12.2010
Ann-Margret.Two first names?
I saw her in person with Bob Hope's U.S.O.show at Shannon Wright
Compound (near Vinh Long) in 1964.
cuhulin

Joe from Kokomo

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 12:57:2828.12.2010
On 12/28/2010 12:32 AM, Sheldon Cooper wrote:

> Now we're being forced to buy light blubs that are toxic,

Well, the fluorescent 4 foot tubes that we have been using for the last
fifty years contain waaay more mercury than than the CFLs, but
surprisingly, no one is wetting their pants over those tubes.

Finally, because the CFLs use way less electricity, the POWER PLANTS put
a lot less mercury in the environment. So looking at the big picture and
the total environment, CFLs add way less mercury burden.

> more expensive,

Yes, they are more expensive -- newer technology, longer life (see
below). You get what you pay for.

> fades artwork, furniture and wall paper,

Why? Same number of lumens output as the incandescents that they replace
and the same color temperature (in degrees Kelvin) of the incandescents
they replace. No scientific reason in the world why they would make
things fade faster. This "complaint" is pure hokum.

> and tend to burn out at about the same rate as real light bulbs.

Not true unless you are buying the really, really cheap "Brand X" CFLs.
It is a -proven- fact that decent CFLs have a much longer life than
incandescents.

D. Peter Maus

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 13:19:0828.12.2010
On 12/28/10 11:57 , Joe from Kokomo wrote:

>> fades artwork, furniture and wall paper,
>
> Why? Same number of lumens output as the incandescents that they replace
> and the same color temperature (in degrees Kelvin) of the incandescents
> they replace. No scientific reason in the world why they would make
> things fade faster. This "complaint" is pure hokum.

Actually, it's not.

Flourescents do not produce the same spectra as incandescents.
They may have the same average color temperature, but like white
LED's, with a higher blue and UV output than incandescents, the
'warm' white color temperature, is achieved by adding red output to
the phosphor until the average color temperature is about the same
as an incandescent, and the eye can't discern a difference. The
average is the same, but the actual spectra produced are
dramatically different.

Yes, flourescents do promote more rapid fading, depending on the
pigments exposed.

>> and tend to burn out at about the same rate as real light bulbs.
>
> Not true unless you are buying the really, really cheap "Brand X" CFLs.
> It is a -proven- fact that decent CFLs have a much longer life than
> incandescents.

I have had to replace my CFL's at about the same rate as average
price incandescents. Brand appears to be irrelevant. Cheap generic,
or branded GE and Philips, the failure rate is about the same.

In fact, the longest life bulb I've ever used was Halogena by
Philips. More than twice the life of any CFL's I've used, or Philips
non-halogen tungsten.

cuh...@webtv.net

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 13:20:5128.12.2010
Wait untill Bootleg Shootin Irons.
Durn Tootin! ~ George ''Gabby'' Hayes.
cuhulin

John Smith

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 13:59:2728.12.2010
On 12/28/2010 10:19 AM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

> Yes, flourescents do promote more rapid fading, depending on the
> pigments exposed.

If fluorescents provide that type of attack on the chemical coloring,
oxidation, weakening of bonds, etc., then I would expect an equal attack
on bacteria organisms ... perhaps a noticeable germicidal effect ...
wow, maybe my lights are giving me added benefits!

Regards,
JS

cuh...@webtv.net

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 13:54:3928.12.2010
When I went over to my sisters and brother in law's house on Christmas
day, I looked up at those two light fixtures in their living room/dining
room area.One of those light fixtures (dining room) I counted seven
twirly CFLs, the light fixture in their living room with the ceiling
fan, I think there were five of those twirly CFLs.They were Bright! too.

http://www.devilfinder.com
More creepy stuff Ceiling lights send coded internet data

Also at http://www.rense.com

A guy said his butt sends coded data and his wife leaves the room
immediately.
cuhulin

m II

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 14:07:2228.12.2010

Fluorescent lights have been known to degrade food quality in the
stores. Clear/translucent plastic containers for milk or juice help the
process. Vegetables and fruits also suffer. Nourishment is secondary to
a sales promoting display.

RHF will be along in a moment to accuse me of practicing anti-lumenism
and then provide sixty links referring to himself referring to himself
as the True Light.

mike

masonc

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 14:46:2228.12.2010
An Alternative:

Install dimmers on all incandescent switches.
Install incandescent bulbs for bright lighting when needed.
Most of the time there's no need for full lighting so use the dimmers.

Result: Less electricity used. Bulbs last "forever."
(Incidentally the efficiency is lower -- so what?)

--
masonc

John Smith

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 14:54:1528.12.2010

Dimmers introduce too much noise, causes problems with various
receivers, in some cases, even wireless networks ...

Regards,
JS

D Peter Maus

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 15:04:2528.12.2010

Quality dimmers don't produce these artifacts.

John Smith

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 15:08:4328.12.2010
On 12/28/2010 12:04 PM, D Peter Maus wrote:

> Quality dimmers don't produce these artifacts.

I have spent $1.98 on a dimmer and I have spent $30.00 on a dimmer, I
see no real difference.

However, I will admit, even CFL's generate noise (and some are worse
than others, and old, failing units can be worse of all.) I took a
weekend and placed a .001 uf, .01, and .1 -- 1,000 volt caps across all
my lights ... the noise is now insignificant ...

Regards,
JS

Jane_Galt

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 15:35:5628.12.2010
Should be interesting when they ban incandescents and people go to replace
the headlights in their car, and find they can no longer see the street at
night.

--
- Jane Galt

The reason that Progressivism-Socialism-Communism always fail, is that you
eventually run out of other peoples' money.

Brenda Ann

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 15:52:2428.12.2010

"Sid9" wrote in message news:ifd25t$9uh$1...@news.eternal-september.org...

That was a change from the claimed issue of California and light bulbs the
subject of this thread.

An issue that seem to be false since the standards for light bulbs that
were cited did not come from California's government.

Actually, the link has both Federal and State standards, and it does indeed
seem to curtail sales of incandescent lamps, over a several year period,
dropping the maximum allowed wattage a bit each year, ending with a maximum
of something like 27 watts by 2014.

Daniel

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 15:56:0028.12.2010
On Dec 27, 8:14 pm, Neoconis_Ignoramus <bellamac...@verizon.net>
wrote:

> On Dec 27, 4:48 pm, ∅baMa∅ Tse Dung <0bama0.spea...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > The California Energy Commission in September 2010 published its 226-
> > page Appliance Efficiency Regulations, whereby the 100-watt
> > incandescent light bulb will be outlawed at midnight on December 31,
> > 2010.
>
> > Imagine 100-watt incandescent light bulbs as contraband in California
> > -- persona non gratis -- but illegal immigrants get free tuition --
> > amigo de bienvenida.
>
> > Smuggling bootleg light bulbs into California would be a piece of
> > cake.  Just stuff them inside bales of marijuana.  Or line up eight
> > packs in the cargo bays of Greyhound buses carrying illegals on the
> > express lane from Tijuana to any of two dozen sanctuary cities.  Hey,
> > wave 'em on in, there's nothing to check there!  Ten-four!
>
> >http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/12/bootleg_lightbulbs_coming_to_c...
>
> I see no diff in incandescent vs. flourescent.  The latter lasts a lot
> longer, too.  Bunch of whining by poor mothefuckers who apparently
> can't afford to splurge the extra 2 bones for the better bulb.

You must have missed the part about the toxic mercury in the
flourescent bulbs, and how you van't just throw them in the trash when
they burn out. But go ahead, spend your extra $2 for lights that don't
light as well, and are a toxic hazard.

Daniel

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 15:57:4628.12.2010
On Dec 28, 12:56 am, RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> On Dec 27, 9:32 pm, Sheldon Cooper <richarddead...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Dec 27, 5:14 pm, Neoconis_Ignoramus <bellamac...@verizon.net>

> > wrote:

> > > I see no diff in incandescent vs. flourescent.  The latter lasts a lot
> > > longer, too.  Bunch of whining by poor mothefuckers who apparently
> > > can't afford to splurge the extra 2 bones for the better bulb.
>
> - Yeah, I remember when you assholes said the same sort of thing about
> - Ethonal.  It was going to be better for the environment, it was
> going
> - to make America energy independent.  It was going to be great.
>
> At 5% Ethanol a 20 Gallon Tank of Gas has
> 19 Gals of Imported Oil and 1 Gal of Domestic
> Ethanol : That One Less Gal of Imported Oil
> and I am OK with that.  IMHO - The USA

> should be moving to 85% Gas-A-Hol to reduce
> Imported Oil by another 10%. ~ RHF
>  .

You DO know that your messiah, algore has finally admitted that
ethanol is a scam, right?

Joe from Kokomo

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 16:04:2828.12.2010

On 12/28/2010 1:19 PM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

> Actually, it's not.
>
> Flourescents do not produce the same spectra as incandescents. They
> may have the same average color temperature, but like white LED's,
> with a higher blue and UV output than incandescents, the 'warm' white
> color temperature, is achieved by adding red output to the phosphor
> until the average color temperature is about the same as an
> incandescent, and the eye can't discern a difference. The average is
> the same, but the actual spectra produced are dramatically
> different.

> Yes, flourescents do promote more rapid fading, depending on the
> pigments exposed.

Color temperature is a quantitative measure. The higher the number in
kelvins, the more blue the shade. Variations and inconsistencies exist
among manufacturers. For example, some CFLs have a color temperature of
3,500 K [relatively low UV/fading], while other lamps with a daylight
label have color temperatures of at least 5,000 K [higher blue/UV]. Your
particular mileage may vary, but fading with CFLs does not HAVE to be an
issue.

>>> and tend to burn out at about the same rate as real light bulbs.

>> Not true unless you are buying the really, really cheap "Brand X"
>> CFLs. It is a -proven- fact that decent CFLs have a much longer
>> life than incandescents.

On 12/28/2010 1:19 PM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

> I have had to replace my CFL's at about the same rate as average
> price incandescents. Brand appears to be irrelevant. Cheap generic,
> or branded GE and Philips, the failure rate is about the same.
>
> In fact, the longest life bulb I've ever used was Halogena by
> Philips. More than twice the life of any CFL's I've used, or Philips
> non-halogen tungsten.

The average rated life of a CFL is between 8 and 15 times that of
incandescents. CFLs typically have a rated lifespan of between 6,000 and
15,000 hours, whereas incandescent lamps are usually manufactured to
have a lifespan of 750 hours or 1,000 hours. With -either- type of bulb,
longevity will be related to the line voltage and how rapidly the bulbs
are off/on cycled. However, given identical voltage and cycling, CFLs
are clearly superior in terms of life. It is unclear why you are having
such bad luck.

Sid9

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 16:07:1228.12.2010

"Jane_Galt" <Jane_...@GaltsGulch.xyy> wrote in message

.
.

No present change in incandescent lamps for autos...although much lighting
has been replaced with LEDs and backlit LCDs.

Change is on the way.

Century old incandescent technology is passé, dead, tot.

One way or another incandescent lighting for all purposes is on the way out.

Only regressives like yourself will keep trying to hold back progress

cuh...@webtv.net

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 16:08:5028.12.2010
Why not one LED and run some fiber optics to the rooms? That isn't my
idea, I read about that somewhere else a couple of months ago.

I think some cars already have exterior LED lights.
cuhulin

Сообщение удалено

D. Peter Maus

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 16:10:4028.12.2010

You know, the irony is that ethanol is a better anti-knock
additive to gasoline than the petrochemical products the oil
industry promotes. And they've known that since the Model T. It's
just that John D. Rockefeller was unwilling to surrender 10% of the
nation's gas tanks to farmers. Otherwise ethanol would have been
mixed into gasoline since the late 20's. And there never would have
been lead tetraethyl.

And, with the additional benefits of oxygenation, and it's
deliquescent nature, preventing moisture lock and gas line freeze,
ethanol turns out to be a very useful additive.

But the political skirmishing over ethanol, and the attachment to
the issues of foreign oil, and the global warming noise, have
tainted ethanol's perception as an effective additive, and made it
the political shuttlecock it's become.

cuh...@webtv.net

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 16:11:1528.12.2010
http://www.devilfinder.com
LED headlights
cuhulin

Sid9

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 16:20:1328.12.2010

"Joe from Kokomo" <j...@indy.net> wrote in message
.
.
3500K matches candle light and incandescent lighting.

We become so accustomed to orange/yellow lighting at night that we think
that's the way it ought to be.

"Daylight" lamps more closely reproduce colors correctly indoors and, I
believe, when prejudices are overcome, will become the standard.

CFL's a good first step away from the inefficient incandescent lamp.

The next step is even MORE efficient: LEDs where both color and brightness
can easily be controlled by the user.

So, all you RRR regressives keep on fighting progress while world leaves you
behind.

D. Peter Maus

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 16:26:5828.12.2010
On 12/28/10 15:04 , Joe from Kokomo wrote:

>>> Why? Same number of lumens output as the incandescents that they
>>> replace and the same color temperature (in degrees Kelvin) of the
>>> incandescents they replace. No scientific reason in the world why
>>> they would make things fade faster. This "complaint" is pure
>>> hokum.
>
> On 12/28/2010 1:19 PM, D. Peter Maus wrote:
>
>> Actually, it's not.
>>
>> Flourescents do not produce the same spectra as incandescents. They
>> may have the same average color temperature, but like white LED's,
>> with a higher blue and UV output than incandescents, the 'warm' white
>> color temperature, is achieved by adding red output to the phosphor
>> until the average color temperature is about the same as an
>> incandescent, and the eye can't discern a difference. The average is
>> the same, but the actual spectra produced are dramatically
>> different.
>
>> Yes, flourescents do promote more rapid fading, depending on the
>> pigments exposed.
>
> Color temperature is a quantitative measure. The higher the number in
> kelvins, the more blue the shade. Variations and inconsistencies exist
> among manufacturers. For example, some CFLs have a color temperature of
> 3,500 K [relatively low UV/fading],

Again, an average figure, achieved by offsetting the higher
blue/UV with more longer wavelengths in the phosphor. The average CT
is 3500, but the output is still higher in UV.

> The average rated life of a CFL is between 8 and 15 times that of
> incandescents. CFLs typically have a rated lifespan of between 6,000 and
> 15,000 hours, whereas incandescent lamps are usually manufactured to
> have a lifespan of 750 hours or 1,000 hours. With -either- type of bulb,
> longevity will be related to the line voltage and how rapidly the bulbs
> are off/on cycled. However, given identical voltage and cycling, CFLs
> are clearly superior in terms of life. It is unclear why you are having
> such bad luck.

Real world use is not the same as that measured in a laboratory.
Yes, CFL's should last longer than incandescents. By an order of
magnitude in some cases.

In reality, however, CFL's fail much earlier than the service
life claimed for them. I get better life out of a Philips Halogena.

An interesting irony is that the flourescent tubes in my detached
garage have never been replaced in the 6 years I've been in this
building. While the incandescents have.

cuh...@webtv.net

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 16:29:0428.12.2010
Those real expensive headlights on 18 wheeler trucks.One time I was
watching a tv channel about 18 wheelers.A guy said somebody stold both
of the headlights from his truck.He said it will cost him over $700.00
to replace those headlights.
cuhulin

D Peter Maus

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 16:37:5928.12.2010
On 12/28/10 15:20 , Sid9 wrote:

> 3500K matches candle light and incandescent lighting.
>
> We become so accustomed to orange/yellow lighting at night that we think
> that's the way it ought to be.
>
> "Daylight" lamps more closely reproduce colors correctly indoors and, I
> believe, when prejudices are overcome, will become the standard.
>
> CFL's a good first step away from the inefficient incandescent lamp.

CFL's are going to be the DAT of lighting--an intermediate step into
a new paradigm to be quickly surpassed by other technologies currently
on the rise.

> The next step is even MORE efficient: LEDs where both color and
> brightness can easily be controlled by the user.

That's where it's going to go. I've been experimenting with LED
lighting for 10 years, now, building my own systems as I go. Commercial
LED lighting is still anemic, and not as long-term stable as claimed for
it, except in monochromatic applications.

But it's evolving quickly, and is on track to become the defacto
standard in less than a decade. Leaving CFL's in the dust.

Sid9

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 16:56:0928.12.2010

"D. Peter Maus" <dpete...@att.net> wrote in message
.
.
When CFL's dropped in price some years ago, I swapped out every incandescent
lamp where a CFL would fit.
After some initial "infant mortality" in the new CFL lamps they have
stabilized and remain reliable.

There is NO flicker
There is NO noise.
There is little heat.

These lamps make a significant cut in my air conditioning costs in season.

cuh...@webtv.net

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 17:36:0128.12.2010
http://www.devilinder.com
OLED Lighting

The coming thingy, someday.
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 17:59:0228.12.2010
I have an old Lava Lamp I bought at Goodwill about 20 years ago.It
requires a 40 Watt Incandescent Light Bulb.A larger size Incandescent
Light Bulb is too Large.Are they going to stop making those Light Bulbs
too? And for refrigerators and stoves/ovens?

BOYCOTT CFLs!!!
cuhulin

Beam Me Up Scotty

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 18:04:3428.12.2010
On 12/28/2010 2:07 PM, m II wrote:
> On 10-12-28 11:59 AM, John Smith wrote:
>> On 12/28/2010 10:19 AM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

>>> Yes, flourescents do promote more rapid fading, depending on the
>>> pigments exposed.
>>
>> If fluorescents provide that type of attack on the chemical coloring,
>> oxidation, weakening of bonds, etc., then I would expect an equal attack
>> on bacteria organisms ... perhaps a noticeable germicidal effect ...
>> wow, maybe my lights are giving me added benefits!
>>
>> Regards,
>> JS
>
> Fluorescent lights have been known to degrade food quality in the
> stores. Clear/translucent plastic containers for milk or juice help the
> process. Vegetables and fruits also suffer. Nourishment is secondary to
> a sales promoting display.

I was considering UV lights in restaurants that wash the kitchen in UV
at night to combat e-coli and other germs... I guessing it's already
out there. But NOT in the strength I was thinking maybe even for roach
bug and rat control.

Blind the rats and cook the roaches strategically place the lights to so
that there are NO shaded places.

And it can double as a tanning booth....

m II

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 18:26:2028.12.2010
On 10-12-28 04:04 PM, Beam Me Up Scotty wrote:

> I was considering UV lights in restaurants that wash the kitchen in UV
> at night to combat e-coli and other germs... I guessing it's already
> out there. But NOT in the strength I was thinking maybe even for roach
> bug and rat control.
>
> Blind the rats and cook the roaches strategically place the lights to so
> that there are NO shaded places.
>
> And it can double as a tanning booth....

Tanned roaches with a light cream sauce sound like a delicacy...be
careful not to overcook, there has to be the slightest crunch
remaining..Keep the garlic butter in the frying pan just hot enough not
to smoke.

mike

dxAce

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 18:45:0228.12.2010

m II wrote:

Up there at the lumber camp, in between your stints as a prostitute, do you
perhaps cook up a pan or two of termites?

dave

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 20:15:1528.12.2010
On 12/28/2010 08:08 AM, Sid9 wrote:

> "dave" <da...@dave.dave> wrote in message
>> On 12/28/2010 05:51 AM, Sid9 wrote:
>>
>>> .
>>> Is the shortage of food making Americans fat?
>>>

>> They are fat because they eat too much meat. Way too much meat. The
>> more beef you eat the more you look like a steer.
> .
> .
> You deleted all the previous and changed the subject.
>
> The OP asserted that Ethanol as a fuel is depriving people of food.

> That was a change from the claimed issue of California and light bulbs
> the subject of this thread.
>
> An issue that seem to be false since the standards for light bulbs that
> were cited did not come from California's government.
>
> What do you have to say about the subject of this thread?

People will be deprived of food whether we distill corn ethanol or not.
Monsanto is seeing to that. Light bulbs are a non-issue, a distraction,
a shiny object dangled in the moonlight.

Brian Gregory [UK]

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 19:22:5828.12.2010
"Sid9" <si...@belsouth.net> wrote in message

> "dave" <da...@dave.dave> wrote in message
>> On 12/28/2010 05:51 AM, Sid9 wrote:
>>
>>> .
>>> Is the shortage of food making Americans fat?
>>>

>> They are fat because they eat too much meat. Way too much meat. The more
>> beef you eat the more you look like a steer.
> .
> .
> You deleted all the previous and changed the subject.
>
> The OP asserted that Ethanol as a fuel is depriving people of food.
>
> That was a change from the claimed issue of California and light bulbs the
> subject of this thread.
>
> An issue that seem to be false since the standards for light bulbs that
> were cited did not come from California's government.
>
> What do you have to say about the subject of this thread?

You said "Is the shortage of food making Americans fat?".
WTF has that got to do with the subject of the thread then?

--

Brian Gregory. (In the UK)
n...@bgdsv.co.uk

dave

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 20:22:3728.12.2010
On 12/28/2010 10:19 AM, D. Peter Maus wrote:
> On 12/28/10 11:57 , Joe from Kokomo wrote:
>

>>> fades artwork, furniture and wall paper,
>>
>> Why? Same number of lumens output as the incandescents that they replace
>> and the same color temperature (in degrees Kelvin) of the incandescents
>> they replace. No scientific reason in the world why they would make
>> things fade faster. This "complaint" is pure hokum.
>
> Actually, it's not.
>
> Flourescents do not produce the same spectra as incandescents. They may
> have the same average color temperature, but like white LED's, with a
> higher blue and UV output than incandescents, the 'warm' white color
> temperature, is achieved by adding red output to the phosphor until the
> average color temperature is about the same as an incandescent, and the
> eye can't discern a difference. The average is the same, but the actual
> spectra produced are dramatically different.
>
> Yes, flourescents do promote more rapid fading, depending on the
> pigments exposed.
>

>>> and tend to burn out at about the same rate as real light bulbs.
>>
>> Not true unless you are buying the really, really cheap "Brand X" CFLs.
>> It is a -proven- fact that decent CFLs have a much longer life than
>> incandescents.
>
> I have had to replace my CFL's at about the same rate as average price

> incandescents. Brand appears to be irrelevant. Cheap generic, or branded
> GE and Philips, the failure rate is about the same.
>
> In fact, the longest life bulb I've ever used was Halogena by Philips.
> More than twice the life of any CFL's I've used, or Philips non-halogen
> tungsten.

The UV does the damage, but there's not enough of it from a CFL. If
there was there'd be a warning like on HID bulbs.

dave

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 20:24:0028.12.2010
On 12/28/2010 10:20 AM, cuh...@webtv.net wrote:
> Wait untill Bootleg Shootin Irons.
> Durn Tootin! ~ George ''Gabby'' Hayes.
> cuhulin

You'd love the Western Walk of Fame over at William S. Hart Park. This
town was built by Cadillac cowboys.

dave

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 20:27:2028.12.2010
On 12/28/2010 11:46 AM, masonc wrote:
> An Alternative:
>
> Install dimmers on all incandescent switches.ord for sWL newsgroup.
> Install incandescent bulbs for bright lighting when needed.
> Most of the time there's no need for full lighting so use the dimmers.
>
> Result: Less electricity used. Bulbs last "forever."
> (Incidentally the efficiency is lower -- so what?)

Wrong word for SWL newsgroup. We hate dimmers! Run your Edison bulbs in
series. Split the Volts in half and they'll burn nicely forever (tower
climber trick).

dave

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 20:30:4828.12.2010
On 12/28/2010 12:35 PM, Jane_Galt wrote:
> Should be interesting when they ban incandescents and people go to replace
> the headlights in their car, and find they can no longer see the street atss
> night.

Nobody is banning incandescent bulbs. There is a new standard for
efficient space illumination devices, but not automotive, or decorative,
or panel lamps.

dave

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 20:32:1528.12.2010
On 12/28/2010 12:56 PM, Daniel wrote:

> You must have missed the part about the toxic mercury in the
> flourescent bulbs, and how you van't just throw them in the trash when
> they burn out. But go ahead, spend your extra $2 for lights that don't
> light as well, and are a toxic hazard.

What do you do with your toxic waste?

Beam Me Up Scotty

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 19:36:5728.12.2010
On 12/28/2010 2:07 PM, m II wrote:
> On 10-12-28 11:59 AM, John Smith wrote:
>> On 12/28/2010 10:19 AM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

>>> Yes, flourescents do promote more rapid fading, depending on the
>>> pigments exposed.
>>
>> If fluorescents provide that type of attack on the chemical coloring,
>> oxidation, weakening of bonds, etc., then I would expect an equal attack
>> on bacteria organisms ... perhaps a noticeable germicidal effect ...
>> wow, maybe my lights are giving me added benefits!
>>
>> Regards,
>> JS
>
> Fluorescent lights have been known to degrade food quality in the
> stores. Clear/translucent plastic containers for milk or juice help the
> process. Vegetables and fruits also suffer. Nourishment is secondary to
> a sales promoting display.

Ceiling lights in Minn. send coded Internet data
By CHRIS WILLIAMS, Associated Press Chris Williams, Associated Press 2
hrs 9 mins ago

ST. CLOUD, Minn. – Flickering ceiling lights are usually a nuisance, but
in city offices in St. Cloud, they will actually be a pathway to the
Internet.

The lights will transmit data to specially equipped computers on desks
below by flickering faster than the eye can see. Ultimately, the
technique could ease wireless congestion by opening up new expressways
for short-range communications.

The first few light fixtures built by LVX System, a local startup, will
be installed Wednesday in six municipal buildings in this city of 66,000
in the snowy farm fields of central Minnesota.

The LVX system puts clusters of its light-emitting diodes, or LEDs, in a
standard-sized light fixture. The LEDs transmit coded messages — as a
series of 1s and 0s in computer speak — to special modems attached to
computers.

A light on the modem talks back to the fixture overhead, where there is
sensor to receive the return signal and transmit the data over the
Internet. Those computers on the desks aren't connected to the Internet,
except through these light signals, much as Wi-Fi allows people to
connect wirelessly.

LVX takes its name from the Latin word for light, but the underlying
concept is older than Rome; the ancient Greeks signaled each other over
long distances using flashes of sunlight off mirrors and polished
shields. The Navy uses a Morse-coded version with lamps.

The first generation of the LVX system will transmit data at speeds of
about 3 megabits per second, roughly as fast as a residential DSL line.

Mohsen Kavehrad, a Penn State electrical engineering professor who has
been working with optical network technology for about 10 years, said
the approach could be a vital complement to the existing wireless system.

He said the radio spectrum usually used for short-range transmissions,
such as Wi-Fi, is getting increasingly crowded, which can lead to slower
connections.

"Light can be the way out of this mess," said Kavehrad, who is not
involved in the LVX project.

But there are significant hurdles. For one, smart phones and computers
already work on Wi-Fi networks that are much faster than the LVX system.

Technology analyst Craig Mathias of the Farpoint Group said the problems
with wireless congestion will ease as Wi-Fi evolves, leaving LVX's light
system to niche applications such as indoor advertising displays and
energy management.

LVX Chief Executive Officer John Pederson said a second-generation
system that will roll out in about a year will permit speeds on par with
commercial Wi-Fi networks. It will also permit lights that can be
programmed to change intensity and color.

For the city, the data networking capability is secondary. The main
reason it paid a $10,000 installation fee for LVX is to save money on
electricity down the line, thanks to the energy-efficient LEDs. Pederson
said one of his LED fixtures uses about 36 watts of power to provide the
same illumination that 100 watts provides with a standard fluorescent
fixture.

Besides installation costs, customers such as St. Cloud will pay LVX a
monthly fee that's less than their current lighting expenses. LVX plans
to make money because the LED fixtures are more durable and efficient
than standard lighting. At least initially, the data transmission system
is essentially a bonus for customers.

Pederson said the next generation of the system should get even more
efficient as fixtures become "smart" so the lights would dim when bright
sunlight is coming through a window or when a conference room or hallway
is empty.

Because the lights can also change color, Pederson said they could be
combined with personal locators or tiny video cameras to help guide
people through large buildings. The lights could show a trail of green
lights to an emergency exit, for instance.

While Kavehrad and Mathias credited LVX for being the first company in
the United States to bring the technology to market, Kavehrad said it
trails researchers and consumer electronics companies in Japan and Korea
in developing products for visible-light networks.

Pederson's previous company, 911 EP, built high-powered LED roof lights
for squad cars and other emergency vehicles. He said he sold the company
in 2002. He said the visible-light network grew out his interest in LEDs
that goes to the mid-1990s.

The Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, which pays for 24-hour
lighting and replacing fluorescent bulbs on high ceilings, is
considering an LVX system, said Jeffrey W. Hamiel, executive director of
the Metropolitan Airports Commission.

The system might include mounting cameras on the light fixtures to
bolster the airport security system, but the real attraction is the
savings on electricity and maintenance.

"Anything we can do to save costs is worth consideration," he said.

Michael Williams, the city administrator in St. Cloud, said the city had
been considering LVX for some time.

"It's pretty wild stuff," he said. "They have been talking about it with
us for couple of years, and frankly it took a while for it to sink in."

dave

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 20:36:0228.12.2010

That's silly. All headlights are the same size.

Sid9

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 19:46:0028.12.2010

"dave" <da...@dave.dave> wrote in message
.
.
Little light...plenty of heat.

If the lamp's purpose is for generating light, you have reduced its
efficiency by more than half.

m II

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 19:50:4128.12.2010
On 10-12-28 06:15 PM, dave wrote:

> People will be deprived of food whether we distill corn ethanol or not.
> Monsanto is seeing to that. Light bulbs are a non-issue, a distraction,
> a shiny object dangled in the moonlight.

I see Bayer (of Aspirin fame) are doing their fair share. They insist on
continuing the use of nicotine in their farm products. The stuff is
responsible for billions of bees getting wiped out.

The have hired all the old Tobacco industry cancer lawyers to try and
delay justice. The scum.

http://tinyurl.com/2ebd9mg

Humans don't stand a chance against corporations and corrupt politicians.

mike

Brenda Ann

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 20:22:5328.12.2010

"Ered China Luin" wrote in message

In article <vrCdneotmaiX04fQ...@giganews.com>,
"Brenda Ann" <newsg...@fullspectrumradio.org> wrote:

> Actually, the link has both Federal and State standards, and it does
> indeed
> seem to curtail sales of incandescent lamps, over a several year period,

Seems? Does that mean you have found something specific enough that everyone
else can verify?

--

Rated Lumen Ranges Maximum Rated
Wattage

First Post

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 21:09:2228.12.2010
On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 15:37:59 -0600, D Peter Maus <dpete...@att.net>
wrote:

Currently, in just day to day life, you can see LEDs being used in
traffic signals, tail lights in all forms of vehicles, and a great
increase in high output lamps such as in spotlights and all sizes of
flashlights. In the very near future you will see vehicle headlights
as well as home lighting using LEDs as a standard.
Commercial LED lighting is not going to remain "anemic" very long.
Right now you can get LED street lights with the following specs:
Power Consumption: 112W LEDs (132W total)
Replaces 250W HPS (325W total)
Expected Life: 50,000 hours (2083 days or 5.707 years)
LED Output:
Luminous Flux: 8,400lm
Color Temperature: 2700K-3000K (warm white), 4000K-4500K (natural
white), 5000K-7000K (pure white)
Beam Spread: 120 degrees width, 60 degrees depth
Working Voltage: 85-264V AC, 12V or 24V AC/DC
Fits: 1.5" - 2.5" (35mm - 65mm) round pole or pipe
Dimensions: 28.25" (L) x 12.5" (W) x 3.5"(H) / 715mm (L) x 315mm(W) x
90mm(H)
http://www.besthomeledlighting.com/product/SL-112W

Right now it's a pricey item but considering it's life expectancy is
over 5.7 years (if left on 24/7), compared to what most municipalities
use (HPS or MH), it's actually less expensive even without factoring
in the smaller power requirements as the other types of lamps require
replacement (based upon my own personal experience) around every 18 to
24 months due to various issues.

For the private sector, the owner of a shopping center or mall with
substantial parking, the savings in the electric bill along with far
less maintenance requirements could offset the intial cost per lamp in
as little as the first year or two.

And then there is the fact that the other types such as HID, MV, HPS
and MH have various issues such as HIDs shutting down due to any
voltage drop and taking up to 10 minutes to "restrike" or MVs not
liking cold environments or the Lumens depreciation of MHs or the
"cycling" of HPSs.

And LEDs are a hell of a lot less damaging to the environment and
pretty much non toxic compared to CFLs in the event of breakage.
Plus they are much safer to manufacture to boot.

Of course none of this is likely to be news to you but a little
corroboration never hurts yes?

RHF

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 21:59:0928.12.2010
On Dec 28, 6:09 pm, First Post <Progressives...@Invalid.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 15:37:59 -0600, D Peter Maus <dpeterm...@att.net>
> 90mm(H)http://www.besthomeledlighting.com/product/SL-112W

> Right now it's a pricey item but considering it's life expectancy is
> over 5.7 years (if left on 24/7), compared to what most municipalities
> use (HPS or MH), it's actually less expensive even without factoring
> in the smaller power requirements as the other types of lamps require
> replacement (based upon my own personal experience) around every 18 to
> 24 months due to various issues.
>
> For the private sector, the owner of a shopping center or mall with
> substantial parking, the savings in the electric bill along with far
> less maintenance requirements could offset the intial cost per lamp in
> as little as the first year or two.
>
> And then there is the fact that the other types such as HID, MV, HPS
> and MH have various issues such as HIDs shutting down due to any
> voltage drop and taking up to 10 minutes to "restrike" or MVs not
> liking cold environments or the Lumens depreciation of MHs or the
> "cycling" of HPSs.
>
> And LEDs are a hell of a lot less damaging to the environment and
> pretty much non toxic compared to CFLs in the event of breakage.
> Plus they are much safer to manufacture to boot.
>
> Of course none of this is likely to be news to you but a little
> corroboration never hurts yes?

LED are still Not-Ready-for-Prime-Time in most
American Homes -imho-

I have bought ~100 LEDs for various applications
and except for a few the LEDs have been too-dim
or failed too-quickly.

Presently CFL's do offer a Life-Time-Cost of Operations
and Energy-Environmental Advantage to be worth the
switch -imho-

Just Tax Excessive Energy Use And The Market Will
Dictate the Use of Incandescents & CFLs & LEDs.

yes - it is that simple ~ RHF
.
-ps- Al Gore Should Be Paying A $1M A Month For
His 'Mansion's 17 Times the Average American Family's
Home Energy Usage.
.
+plus+ A $100K Private Jet Tax For Every Flight
As He Promotes Carbon Credits and Taxes On
Working People Simply Trying To Light and Heat
Their Homes For Their Families.
.
-fwiw- Al Gore Is A 'Carbon Credits' Eco-Criminal
{Enemy-of-the-Planet} -imho-
.
.

RHF

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 22:28:4728.12.2010
On Dec 28, 5:36 pm, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:

> On 12/28/2010 01:29 PM, cuhu...@webtv.net wrote:
>
> > Those real expensive headlights on 18 wheeler trucks.One time I was
> > watching a tv channel about 18 wheelers.A guy said somebody stold both
> > of the headlights from his truck.He said it will cost him over $700.00
> > to replace those headlights.
> > cuhulin

- That's silly. All headlights are the same size.

Now Are They . . . 'Special-Dave'

Many/Most Big Rigs run replacement Lighting that
is both Brighter and Hotter than your average Car.

-cause- Truckers are in the Business of being
On-the-Road and Staying-A-Live ~ RHF
.
-ps- 'Special-Dave' you ever had a Big Rig Light-You-Up ?
When you were going -t-o-o-s-l-o-w- on a Dark Road . . .
Late-at-Night . . . {It's a Flying Saucer Moment :-}
.
.

cuh...@webtv.net

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 22:23:1628.12.2010
Fat Al LIAR Gore should have to pay a Hefty tax every time he breaks
wind!
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 23:31:4528.12.2010
Whoever stold that guy's headlights, the thief made off with both of the
whole headlight assemblies, including the light bulbs.It looked like a
hatchet job on that truck.Price out how much money they cost.Maybe that
guy said about $1,400, I don't exactly remember.If I need to replace a
burnt out sealed beam headlight bulb on my 1983 Dodge van, it would only
cost about seven or eight dollars.
cuhulin

Grandpooba

не прочитано,
28 дек. 2010 г., 18:42:1128.12.2010

Whats next, how much there should be in the toilet before flushing?

--
Grandpooba

cuh...@webtv.net

не прочитано,
29 дек. 2010 г., 00:07:1829.12.2010
http://www.devilfinder.com
The Flux Capacitor

on the AMC channel.And tomorrow night and the next night after.
cuhulin

Jane_Galt

не прочитано,
29 дек. 2010 г., 00:50:1429.12.2010
dave <da...@dave.dave> wrote :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Independence_and_Security_Act_of_2007
#Incandescent_lights

Incandescent lights

Under the law, incandescent bulbs that produce 310–2600 lumens of light are
effectively phased out between 2012 and 2014. Bulbs outside this range
(roughly, light bulbs currently less than 40 watts or more than 150 watts)
are exempt from the ban. Also exempt are several classes of speciality
lights, including appliance lamps, "rough service" bulbs, 3-way, colored
lamps, and plant lights.[23]

The phase-out of incandescent light bulbs was supported by the Alliance to
Save Energy, a coalition of light bulb manufacturers, electric utilities and
conservation groups. The group estimated that lighting accounts for 22% of
total U.S. electricity usage, and that eliminating incandescent bulbs
completely would save $18 billion per year (equivalent to the output of 80
coal plants).[24] Light bulb manufacturers also hoped a single national
standard would prevent the enactment of conflicting bans and efficiency
standards by state governments.

--
- Jane Galt

The reason that Progressivism-Socialism-Communism always fail, is that you
eventually run out of other peoples' money.

arthr...@webtv.net

не прочитано,
29 дек. 2010 г., 00:59:3329.12.2010

Al Gore is our modern day Al Capone...

arthr...@webtv.net

не прочитано,
29 дек. 2010 г., 01:06:3029.12.2010

Oh,the Flux Capacitor ! Fair Radio in Lima,Ohio sold it to the
moviemakers when ' Back to the Future ' was filmed . When I visited
the warehouse 5 years ago the salesguy showed it to me and it is
nothing more than an R-C network . How about that ?

buzz

не прочитано,
29 дек. 2010 г., 01:54:0429.12.2010
D. Peter Maus wrote:

> You know, the irony is that ethanol is a better anti-knock additive to
> gasoline than the petrochemical products the oil industry promotes. And
> they've known that since the Model T. It's just that John D. Rockefeller
> was unwilling to surrender 10% of the nation's gas tanks to farmers.
> Otherwise ethanol would have been mixed into gasoline since the late
> 20's. And there never would have been lead tetraethyl.
>
> And, with the additional benefits of oxygenation, and it's
> deliquescent nature, preventing moisture lock and gas line freeze,
> ethanol turns out to be a very useful additive.

If you like lower fuel mileage, it's corrosive effects, eating up your
gas hoses and the eventual damage it will do to the engine, then I guess
you can say it is a useful additive.

[...]

29 дек. 2010 г., 02:51:4529.12.2010
On 12/29/10 24:54 , buzz wrote:
> D. Peter Maus wrote:
>
>> You know, the irony is that ethanol is a better anti-knock additive to
>> gasoline than the petrochemical products the oil industry promotes.
>> And they've known that since the Model T. It's just that John D.
>> Rockefeller was unwilling to surrender 10% of the nation's gas tanks
>> to farmers. Otherwise ethanol would have been mixed into gasoline
>> since the late 20's. And there never would have been lead tetraethyl.
>>
>> And, with the additional benefits of oxygenation, and it's
>> deliquescent nature, preventing moisture lock and gas line freeze,
>> ethanol turns out to be a very useful additive.
>
> If you like lower fuel mileage, it's corrosive effects, eating up your
> gas hoses and the eventual damage it will do to the engine, then I guess
> you can say it is a useful additive.

Alcohol is not corrosive to metals, In fact, it absorbs free water,
and allows it to be pumped out of the tank with the gas.

Even BMW has acknowledged that it does no damage to the engine.

And as for hoses, in concentrations below 10%, no damage. There are
materials for hoses, seals and diaphragms, that can withstand much
greater concentrations, also without damage.

Now, methanol, which had been used as an additive in early gasohol
mixtures, does extensive damage to rubber and plastic materials.

Ethanol is not as chemically active.

dave

не прочитано,
29 дек. 2010 г., 09:19:0529.12.2010
On 12/28/2010 04:46 PM, Sid9 wrote:

> If the lamp's purpose is for generating light, you have reduced its
> efficiency by more than half.

But it won't make the radio buzz...

dave

не прочитано,
29 дек. 2010 г., 09:47:4929.12.2010
On 12/28/2010 07:28 PM, RHF wrote:
> On Dec 28, 5:36 pm, dave<d...@dave.dave> wrote:
>> On 12/28/2010 01:29 PM, cuhu...@webtv.net wrote:
>>
>>> Those real expensive headlights on 18 wheeler trucks.One time I was
>>> watching a tv channel about 18 wheelers.A guy said somebody stold both
>>> of the headlights from his truck.He said it will cost him over $700.00
>>> to replace those headlights.
>>> cuhulin
>
> - That's silly. All headlights are the same size.
>
> Now Are They . . . 'Special-Dave'

They aren't allowed to throw low beams any farther than your Yugo.

D. Peter Maus

не прочитано,
29 дек. 2010 г., 09:22:0029.12.2010
On 12/28/10 17:42 , Grandpooba wrote:
> Whats next, how much there should be in the toilet before flushing?

When I was in Iowa, in the late 70's, there were PSA's on nearly
every radio and TV station urging citizens to refrain from flushing
until there was a full bowl. The state legislature debated
legislative efforts to control how often and when, and with how much
water toilets could be flushed. There were monitoring schemes
presented, and local ordinances enacted to restrict the flushing of
toilets, to the degree that during certain times of the day in the
town I was living, they turned the pumps for the city well off, and
banned flushing outright during those periods.

National legislation followed, some years later, restricting new
construction to low volume toilets, and local communities began
enacting ordinances ordering hardware and plumbing companies to
dispose of their inventories of existing parts and materials for
full flush toilets, forcing homeowners seeking to repair existing
toilets to replace them with low flush models.

So, to answer your question, we're already there.

Daniel

не прочитано,
29 дек. 2010 г., 20:06:4629.12.2010
On Dec 28, 4:10 pm, "D. Peter Maus" <dpeterm...@att.net> wrote:
> On 12/28/10 14:57 , Daniel wrote:

> >> - Yeah, I remember when you assholes said the same sort of thing about
> >> - Ethonal.  It was going to be better for the environment, it was
> >> going
> >> - to make America energy independent.  It was going to be great.
>
> >> At 5% Ethanol a 20 Gallon Tank of Gas has
> >> 19 Gals of Imported Oil and 1 Gal of Domestic
> >> Ethanol : That One Less Gal of Imported Oil
> >> and I am OK with that.  IMHO - The USA
> >> should be moving to 85% Gas-A-Hol to reduce
> >> Imported Oil by another 10%. ~ RHF
> >>   .
>
> > You DO know that your messiah, algore has finally admitted that
> > ethanol is a scam, right?

>    You know, the irony is that ethanol is a better anti-knock
> additive to gasoline than the petrochemical products the oil
> industry promotes.

And you know it is more corrosive and harmful to the fuel system,
right? You ALSO know that it takes more energy to produce. right?

Daniel

не прочитано,
29 дек. 2010 г., 20:08:4629.12.2010

Beam Me Up Scotty

не прочитано,
29 дек. 2010 г., 20:21:4329.12.2010
On 12/29/2010 8:08 PM, Daniel wrote:
> On Dec 28, 8:32 pm, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:
>> On 12/28/2010 12:56 PM, Daniel wrote:
>>

>>> You must have missed the part about the toxic mercury in the
>>> flourescent bulbs, and how you van't just throw them in the trash when
>>> they burn out. But go ahead, spend your extra $2 for lights that don't
>>> light as well, and are a toxic hazard.
>>
>> What do you do with your toxic waste?

I make toys for poor children with it....

D. Peter Maus

не прочитано,
29 дек. 2010 г., 20:28:5929.12.2010

No, actually, it's not. Methanol is. Ethanol is not.

You ALSO know that it takes more energy to produce. right?

Yes, it does. And that's a different argument.

Загружаются другие сообщения.
0 новых сообщений