The "Costs" of Medical Care

N∅ ∅baMa∅

Nov 3, 2009, 10:18:55 AM11/3/09
We are incessantly being told that the cost of medical care is "too
high"-- either absolutely or as a growing percentage of our incomes.
But nothing that is being proposed by the government is likely to
lower those costs, and much that is being proposed is almost certain
to increase the costs.

[...]

http://townhall.com/columnists/ThomasSowell/2009/11/03/the_costs_of_medical_care?page=full

http://www.tsowell.com/

Ima

Nov 3, 2009, 2:36:52 PM11/3/09
On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 07:18:55 -0800, N∅ ∅baMa∅ wrote:

> We are incessantly being told that the cost of medical care is "too
> high"-- either absolutely or as a growing percentage of our incomes. But
> nothing that is being proposed by the government is likely to lower
> those costs, and much that is being proposed is almost certain to
> increase the costs.

This is due to the republiCAN't policy of destroying america. They will
only pass a bill that puts money in their pocket and benefits BIG
corporate business at the cost of american lives.

Saving money or lives for american citizens is not on the republiCAN'T
agenda

Rebecca Murray

Nov 3, 2009, 3:14:03 PM11/3/09
On Nov 3, 10:18 am, N∅ ∅baMa∅ <obamao.sux.donki.dix...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> We are incessantly being told that the cost of medical care is "too
> high"-- either absolutely or as a growing percentage of our incomes.
> But nothing that is being proposed by the government is likely to
> lower those costs, and much that is being proposed is almost certain
> to increase the costs.

Being the math illiterate that you are, you're right that nothing
being proposed will lower costs, they're not meant to. They're meant
to lower the *rate* at which those costs will continue to increase.
Meaning, to use a simplified explanation that you can hopefully grasp,
if what's being proposed will cost $1 trillion over 10 years, then
keeping things at the status quo will cost $2 trillion over the same
ten years. That's what reform is about - minimizing the rate of
increase.

RHF

Nov 4, 2009, 2:16:42 AM11/4/09
On Nov 3, 12:14 pm, Rebecca Murray <montreal.therapy.cen...@gmail.com>
wrote:

RM - Being the 'truth' illiterate that you are . . .
Note - There are usually 2-Sides to most stories
and anything else is a half-truth . . .
{Viewed 'In-Context'}

Warning Your Private Medical Insurance Premiums
Could Triple [3X] Under Obama-Care©
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/a7e31bccc1d98b86

-if- Health Care is a 'basic' Human Right . . .
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/95b4b2d695fbc6cc

Point-of-Fact : By 2018 the US National Health Care
expenditures {Costs} are 'expected' to reach $4.4
Trillion which is more than double 2007
http://www.nchc.org/facts/cost.shtml

-so- So Obama-Care's© Tripling of Health Care
Cost would ADD a 50% Increase {Tax} due to
the "Cost" of doing Obama-Care©
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/761f49abafefaee5

Obama-Care© "Doing-the-Math" {A Reality Check}
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/b3d1741a0390cebd
.

RHF

Nov 11, 2009, 5:27:32 AM11/11/09
On Nov 3, 11:16 pm, RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> On Nov 3, 12:14 pm, Rebecca Murray <montreal.therapy.cen...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 3, 10:18 am, N∅ ∅baMa∅ <obamao.sux.donki.dix...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > > We are incessantly being told that the cost of medical care is "too
> > > high"-- either absolutely or as a growing percentage of our incomes.
> > > But nothing that is being proposed by the government is likely to
> > > lower those costs, and much that is being proposed is almost certain
> > > to increase the costs.
>
> > Being the math illiterate that you are, you're right that nothing
> > being proposed will lower costs, they're not meant to.  They're meant
> > to lower the *rate* at which those costs will continue to increase.
> > Meaning, to use a simplified explanation that you can hopefully grasp,
> > if what's being proposed will cost $1 trillion over 10 years, then
> > keeping things at the status quo will cost $2 trillion over the same
> > ten years.  That's what reform is about - minimizing the rate of
> > increase.
>
> RM - Being the 'truth' illiterate that you are . . .
> Note - There are usually 2-Sides to most stories
> and anything else is a half-truth . . .
> {Viewed 'In-Context'}
>
> Warning Your Private Medical Insurance Premiums
> Could Triple [3X] Under Obama-Care©http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/a7e31bccc1d98b86
>
>  -if- Health Care is a 'basic' Human Right . . .http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/95b4b2d695fbc6cc

> Point-of-Fact : By 2018 the US National Health Care
> expenditures {Costs} are 'expected' to reach $4.4
> Trillion which is more than double 2007http://www.nchc.org/facts/cost.shtml

> -so- So Obama-Care's© Tripling of Health Care
> Cost would ADD a 50% Increase {Tax} due to
> the "Cost" of doing Obama-Care©http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/761f49abafefaee5
>
> Obama-Care© "Doing-the-Math" {A Reality Check}http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/b3d1741a0390cebd
>  .

Nancy Pelosi Obama-Care© Bill : 45% Top Tax Rates Coming
http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/pelosi_heathcare_taxes/2009/11/08/283423.html?s=al&promo_code=905C-1
+ Tax & Fee Increases
+ more Taxes Increases
+ Higher and Higher Taxes Taxes Taxes
* Employer Mandate Excise Tax
* Individual Mandate Surtax
* Medicine Cabinet Tax
* Cap on FSAs
* Increased Additional Tax on Non-Qualified HSA Distributions
* Denial of Tax Deduction for Employer Health Plans
Coordinating with Medicare Part D
* Surtax on Individuals and Small Businesses
* Excise Tax on Medical Devices
* Corporate 1099-MISC Information Reporting
* Repeal in Worldwide Allocation of Interest
* Limitation on Tax Treaty Benefits for Certain Payments
* Codification of the “Economic Substance Doctrine”
* Application of “More Likely Than Not” Rule
* Deny Cellulosic Biofuel Producer Tax Credit
to “Black Liquor” Resulting from Wood Pulp in
Paper Production {White Lightning is OK}
-but- NO TORTE REFORM At All
-but- Free Health Care for Illegal Aliens
-but- Free Abortions and Partial Birth Abortions
-but- Death Panels -aka- Ending Your Life Counseling
-but- $500B in Medicare Cuts for America's US
Senior Citizens
.
"Sick Around the World" hosted by T.R. Reid
on PBS for Health Care That Really Cares©
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/758cbbeb31a6e20f
.

RHF

Nov 12, 2009, 1:51:33 AM11/12/09
> Nancy Pelosi Obama-Care© Bill : 45% Top Tax Rates Cominghttp://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/pelosi_heathcare_taxes/2009/11/08/...

US Senate Democrat Leader Harry Reid [D-NV]
Planning Payroll Tax Hike to Pay for Obama-Care©
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091112/ap_on_bi_ge/us_health_care_overhaul
Obama-Care© spend, Spend. SPEND !
Obama-Care© tax, Tax. TAX !
Obama-Care© cut, Cut. CUT Medicare Benefits !
.
The "Costs" of Nancy Pelosi's Obama-Care© Bill :
45% Top Tax Rates Coming & More Taxes Too
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/c8b85834a0d690b7