Heard Japanese on 3925 kHz ? ? ?

RHF

Apr 12, 2007, 4:01:35 PM4/12/07
Head Japanese Language Shortwave Radio Broadcast on
3925 kHz around 1100 UTC (4 AM PDT) . . . but can not
find a Listing for this Frequency.

The only thing close seems to be China Radio International
CRI on 3950 kHz.

Question : Does CRI broadcast in Japanese on this Frequency ?

i want to know ~ RHF
Twain Harte, CA -USA-
LAT : 38.0° N -/- LON: 120.2° W
Grundig Satellit 800
Dresler ARA-60 Active SWL Antenna
- - - Could not hear it on the Longwire.
.
OBTW - The Antenna Wire Weather Report for this
Morning was a Light Dusting of Snow on the Wire.
.
.
. .

dxAce

Apr 12, 2007, 4:13:40 PM4/12/07

RHF wrote:

Radio Nikkei, formerly I believe, Radio Tampa... in Japan.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

miki

Apr 12, 2007, 7:25:33 PM4/12/07
I have a listing of (Japan) Radio Nikkei 1 on 3925. k35454.

"RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

RHF

Apr 13, 2007, 5:38:53 PM4/13/07
On Apr 12, 4:25 pm, "miki" <k35...@direct.ca> wrote:
> I have a listing of (Japan) Radio Nikkei 1 on 3925. k35454.
>
> "RHF" <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

> Head Japanese Language Shortwave Radio Broadcast on
> 3925 kHz around 1100 UTC (4 AM PDT) . . . but can not
> find a Listing for this Frequency.
>
> The only thing close seems to be China Radio International
> CRI on 3950 kHz.
>
> Question : Does CRI broadcast in Japanese on this Frequency ?
>
> i want to know ~ RHF
> Twain Harte, CA -USA-
> LAT : 38.0° N -/- LON: 120.2° W
> Grundig Satellit 800
> Dresler ARA-60 Active SWL Antenna
> - - - Could not hear it on the Longwire.
> .
> OBTW - The Antenna Wire Weather Report for this
> Morning was a Light Dusting of Snow on the Wire.
> .
> .
> . .

Miki - Thank You for the Info and Reply too ~ RHF
.
.
. .

RHF

Apr 13, 2007, 6:38:28 PM4/13/07
> USA- Hide quoted text -

DX Ace - Thank You for the Info ~ RHF

So then it must have been Radio Nikkei on 3925 kHz that I heard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_radio_stations_in_Asia#Japan

Lists of Radio Stations in Asia including Shortwave
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_radio_stations_in_Asia

Nikkei Radio Broadcasting Corporation (Radio Nikkei)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihon_Keizai_Shimbun
which is part of the Nihon Keizai Shimbun Group
{rough translation} "Japan Economic Times"), or simply "Nikkei"
is one of the largest Multi-Media Corporations in Japan. Nikkei
specializes in publishing Financial, Business and Industry News.
Note - The Nihon Keizai Shimbun is Nikkei's flagship Publication
and the world's largest Financial Newspaper, with a Daily Circulation
exceeding 3 million.

During APR-MAY-JUN 2007 "Radio Nikkei" they will be
Broadcasting via Shortwave on theses Frequencies:
http://www.radionikkei.jp/contents/weekly_program.pdf
3925, 3945, 6055, 6115, 9595, and 9760 kHz

Still can not reason why the Longwire Antenna
did not pick it up and the Active Antenna could ?

Ah - The Magic and The Mystery of . . .
Shortwave Radio Listening (SWL) ~ RHF
.
.
. .

Larry Dighera

Apr 13, 2007, 9:24:23 PM4/13/07
On 13 Apr 2007 15:38:28 -0700, "RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net>
wrote in <1176503908....@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>:

>Still can not reason why the Longwire Antenna
>did not pick it up and the Active Antenna could ?

Perhaps the longwire antenna is oriented so that its
radiation/reception pattern has a null point aimed at the transmitter?

If you have a directional antenna, you may be able to confirm/rule-out
this hypothesis.

miki

Apr 14, 2007, 3:24:23 AM4/14/07

"RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

I have two lists, said to be up-to-date, which I
printed out ...one is "broadcasts in English". 49 pages, and the
other is "all-stations", 149 pages... which made a big sent in my
black ink supply. Fortunately, I re-fill my own cartridges !!
miki/k35454/VE7AFN.
.
.
. .

dxAce

Apr 14, 2007, 8:11:21 AM4/14/07

dxAce wrote:

They are currently audible here on all three of their frequencies, 3925, 6055
and 9595 at 1210 (all in parallel).

dxAce
Michigan
USA