SWL -newbies- High Frequency {Shortwave} Time and Frequency Standard Radio Stations

RHF

Apr 14, 2008, 6:19:23 AM4/14/08
For the "Newbie" Shortwave Radio Listener (SWL) :

High Frequency {Shortwave} Time and Frequency Standard Radio Stations

http://www.smeter.net/stations/hf-time-frequency.php

The Primary Functions of Radio Stations WWV and WWVH

List of Time and Frequency Standard Radio Stations
from Around-the-World. The Radio Stations below can be
used to check current HF Radio Propagation Conditions.
http://groups.google.com/group/shortwave-listener-qsl-reports/msg/744505963f7ef56b
-ps- If You Can Hear Them.
WWV [USA] : 2.5 MHz; 5 MHz; 10 MHz; 15 MHz; 20 MHz
WWVH [USA] : 2.5 MHz; 5 MHz; 10 MHz; 15 MHz
BPM [China] : 2.5 MHz; 5 MHz; 10 MHz; 15 MHz
BSF [China] : 5 MHz; 15 Mhz
HLA [Korea] : 5 MHz
IMA [Italy] : 5 MHz
LDS [UK] : 5 MHz
LOL [Argentina] : 5 MHz; 10 Mhz 15 MHz
YVTO [Venezuela] : 5 MHz
ATA [India] : 10 MHz
CHU [Canada] : 3330 kHz; 7335 kHz; 14,670 kHz
HD2 IOA [Ecuador] : 3810 kHz
RWM [Russia] : 4996 kHz; 9996 kHz; 14996 kHz
EBC [Spain] : 4998 kHz; 15006 kHz

? Double Second Time Markers ?

-source- S-Meter .Net - http://www.smeter.net/
S-Meter.Net © 2008 Tigertek Inc. All Rights Reserved.
.
.
RHF's Standard "QSL" Informational Posting with
Links & URLs for Shortwave Radio Listeners (SWL)
QSL INFO => http://tinyurl.com/2np66x
.
The World Clock - World Time Zones - UTC & Local Time Info
TIME UTC INFO => http://tinyurl.com/32ucpm
.
Shortwave Radio Listener QSL Reports News & Info Group
http://groups.google.com/group/shortwave-listener-qsl-reports
Read & Post Your Shortwave Listener (SWL) Reception Reports
SWL-QSL-REPORTS => http://tinyurl.com/3awlyr
.
Are You Interested in building a better Shortwave Listening*
(SWL) Antenna ? {SWL Group} => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
.
RHF's Standard "Shortwave Radio Listener (SWL) Antennas Group"
Reference Message Signature-Line => http://tinyurl.com/25zbrg
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/411dac3b4a1798e0
.
* Remember 55.5% of Shortwave Radio Listening (SWL)
is the Shortwave Antenna =>http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
.
yes - you too can hear it on the radio - iane ~ RHF {pomkia}
RHF's Radio Shack in Twain Harte, California -USA-
SHACK INFO =>http://tinyurl.com/2skmxm
Shortwave Radio / Receiver and SWL Antenna Info
.
-=2SKMXM=-
.
-=25ZBRG=-
.
SWR3:SWL:INFO
.

Telamon

Apr 14, 2008, 9:02:19 PM4/14/08
In article
<365d0c34-3546-4755...@l28g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
RHF <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> For the "Newbie" Shortwave Radio Listener (SWL) :

< SNIP >

This post would look so much better in rec.radio.info

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

RHF

Apr 15, 2008, 5:05:41 AM4/15/08
On Apr 14, 6:02 pm, Telamon
<telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid> wrote:
> In article
> <365d0c34-3546-4755-9242-ebdf0491d...@l28g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,

>  RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> > For the "Newbie" Shortwave Radio Listener (SWL) :

- < SNIP >
-
- This post would look so much better in rec.radio.info
-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California

Another Telamon-in-a-Can Reply
http://www.peacockshock.com/archives/man%20wearing%20spam%20costume-thumb.jpg
.
Telamon - Being You Is A Heavy Cross To Bare !
http://www.funnyphotos.net.au/images/hariy-man-wearing-speedos-or-budgee-smugglers-and-1.jpg
.
READ - SWL -newbies- High Frequency {Shortwave} Time

and Frequency Standard Radio Stations

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/b9e6a66111c0128d
.

dxAce

Apr 15, 2008, 5:35:00 PM4/15/08

RHF wrote:

Note that as far as I know, ATA in India (10 MHz) ceased shortwave transmissions around the year
2000.

That was one of the few time signal stations that I never heard.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

RHF

Apr 15, 2008, 6:51:25 PM4/15/08
On Apr 15, 2:35 pm, dxAce <dx...@milestones.com> wrote:

* * Two Star Snip * *

RHF -wrote-
- - READ - SWL -newbies- High Frequency {Shortwave} Time
- - and Frequency Standard Radio Stations
- - http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/b9e6a66111c0128d

DX Ace -wrote-
- Note that as far as I know, ATA in India (10 MHz) ceased
- shortwave transmissions around the year 2000.
-
- That was one of the few time signal stations that I never heard.
-
- dxAce
- Michigan
- USA
-

DX Ace - At least the GMT People and the NPL People
seam to think {publish} that the 10 MHz "ATA" Signal is
still being sent-out. ~ RHF
.
QUESTION : Indian Time Signal "ATA" still on 10 MHz ?
.
Transmitter Power : 8 KW ?
.
Indian Time Signal - ATA (IST)
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/asia/india/time/indian-time-signal-ata.htm
.
National Physical Laboratory (NPL)
New Delhi, INDIA - http://www.nplindia.org/
.
Standard Time & Frequency Signals Broadcast Service :
Call Sign `ATA' - http://www.nplindia.ernet.in/time.php
Last Update : 04 / 03 / 2008
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/asia/india/time/indian-time-today.htm
CopyRight © National Physical Laboratory - All Rights Reserved.
.
ABOUT : Indian Standard Time (IST)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Standard_Time
.
READ : INDIA - THE STORY OF THE INDIAN
CHRONOHERTZ STATION "ATA" - Ariel McLeggon
http://www.worldofradio.com/dxld4025.txt
-source- Glenn Hauser's World of Radio
WoR - http://www.worldofradio.com
.
GMT: Greenwich Mean Time - World Time
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/
The Official Time In Every Time Zone
.

dxAce

Apr 16, 2008, 6:39:37 AM4/16/08

RHF wrote:

I've not seen ATA reported nor QSL'd since 2000.

RHF

Apr 17, 2008, 10:43:20 AM4/17/08
On Apr 16, 3:39 am, dxAce <dx...@milestones.com> wrote:
> RHF wrote:
> > On Apr 15, 2:35 pm, dxAce <dx...@milestones.com> wrote:
>
> > * * Two Star Snip * *
>
> > RHF -wrote-
> > - - READ - SWL -newbies- High Frequency {Shortwave} Time
> > - - and Frequency Standard Radio Stations
> > - -http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/b9e6a66111c0128d

> > DX Ace -wrote-
> > - Note that as far as I know, ATA in India (10 MHz) ceased
> > - shortwave transmissions around the year 2000.
> > -
> > - That was one of the few time signal stations that I never heard.
> > -
> > - dxAce
> > - Michigan
> > - USA
> > -
>
> > DX Ace - At least the GMT People and the NPL People
> > seam to think {publish} that the 10 MHz "ATA" Signal is
> > still being sent-out. ~ RHF
> >  .
> > QUESTION : Indian Time Signal "ATA" still on 10 MHz ?
> >  .
> > Transmitter Power : 8 KW ?
> >  .
> > Indian Time Signal - ATA (IST)
> >http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/asia/india/time/indian-tim...

> >  .
> > National Physical Laboratory (NPL)
> > New Delhi, INDIA -http://www.nplindia.org/

> >  .
> > Standard Time & Frequency Signals Broadcast Service :
> > Call Sign `ATA' -http://www.nplindia.ernet.in/time.php

> > Last Update : 04 / 03 / 2008
> >http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/asia/india/time/indian-tim...

> > CopyRight © National Physical Laboratory - All Rights Reserved.
> >  .
> > ABOUT : Indian Standard Time (IST)
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Standard_Time
> >  .
> > READ : INDIA - THE STORY OF THE INDIAN
> > CHRONOHERTZ STATION "ATA" - Ariel McLeggon
> >http://www.worldofradio.com/dxld4025.txt
> > -source- Glenn Hauser's World of Radio
> > WoR -http://www.worldofradio.com

> >  .
> > GMT: Greenwich Mean Time - World Time
> >http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/
> > The Official Time In Every Time Zone
>
> I've not seen ATA reported nor QSL'd since 2000.- Hide quoted text -

DX Ace not questioning your statement or knowledge :
Just stating the fact of what they still correctly or wrongly
written on their website.

and we all know how websites can be very wrong ~ RHF
.

dxAce

Apr 17, 2008, 11:05:55 AM4/17/08

RHF wrote:

You posted this: http://www.worldofradio.com/dxld4025.txt
Yet you probably didn't read it.

Scroll down to India and READ it!

RHF

Apr 17, 2008, 1:33:57 PM4/17/08
- - DX Ace not questioning your statement or knowledge :
- - Just stating the fact of what they still correctly or wrongly
- - written on their website.
- -
- - and we all know how websites can be very wrong ~ RHF

- You posted this:  http://www.worldofradio.com/dxld4025.txt
- Yet you probably didn't read it.
-
- Scroll down to India and READ it!

"In 1988, the chronohertz signals from ATA were placed
onto the INSAT satellite over India, and by this time, the
transmitters were ailing and at times malfunctioning. After
a long period of consideration, and increasing technical
problems, the decision was finally made not to replace the
old electronic equipment, but rather to take the station off
the air. Jose states that ATA staff told him in telephone
conversations that the radio station was closed somewhere
around the year 2000."
DX LISTENING DIGEST 4-025, February 10, 2004
http://www.worldofradio.com/dxld4025.txt
-source- Glenn Hauser's "World-of-Radio"
World-of-Radio .Com - http://www.worldofradio.com
CopyRight © 1997-2008 "World-of-Radio" All Rights Reserved.

Yes I read that the first time and just now again
-but- Rightly or Wrongly their NPL India -website-

Standard Time & Frequency Signals Broadcast Service :

Call Sign `ATA' - http://www.nplindia.ernet.in/time.php

Last Update : 04 / 03 / 2008

Still States {Reads} : "* HF broadcast service operating at
10 MHz under call sign ATA to synchronise the user clock
within a millisecond"

Right -or- Wrong : The National Physical Laboratory (NPL)

New Delhi, INDIA - http://www.nplindia.org/

Is the 'official' Voice of the Government of India on these
matters.

DX Ace - Actually I am not disputing you : It is the NPL India
-website- that most likely needs correction.

maybe i will write them a leter {eMail} ~ RHF
.

RHF

Apr 17, 2008, 2:22:13 PM4/17/08
> DX LISTENING DIGEST 4-025, February 10, 2004http://www.worldofradio.com/dxld4025.txt

> -source- Glenn Hauser's "World-of-Radio"
> World-of-Radio .Com -http://www.worldofradio.com

> CopyRight © 1997-2008 "World-of-Radio" All Rights Reserved.
>
> Yes I read that the first time and just now again
> -but- Rightly or Wrongly their NPL India -website-
>
> Standard Time & Frequency Signals Broadcast Service :
> Call Sign `ATA' -http://www.nplindia.ernet.in/time.php
> Last Update : 04 / 03 / 2008
>
> Still States {Reads} : "* HF broadcast service operating at
> 10 MHz under call sign ATA to synchronise the user clock
> within a  millisecond"
>
> Right -or- Wrong : The National Physical Laboratory (NPL)
> New Delhi, INDIA -http://www.nplindia.org/

> Is the 'official' Voice of the Government of India on these
> matters.
>
> DX Ace - Actually I am not disputing you : It is the NPL India
> -website- that most likely needs correction.
>
> maybe i will write them a leter {eMail} ~ RHF

DX Ace - Done -is- Done ~ RHF

Date : Thu, 17 Apr 2008
To : WebMaster and Technical Staff,
ro...@nplindia.ernet.in
ro...@nplindia.org

National Physical Laboratory (NPL)
New Delhi, INDIA - http://www.nplindia.org/

Subject : NPL -website- Correction concerning "ATA" 10 MHz

Standard Time & Frequency Signals Broadcast Service

The website states that the National Physical Laboratory (NPL)
is still Transmitting a Standard Time & Frequency Signal on
10 MHz -but- It has been reported that around the Year 2000
this Service was Terminated.

Review and Correct the Accuracy of the Information stated
on this NPL -webpage-

Standard Time & Frequency Signals Broadcast Service :
Call Sign `ATA' - http://www.nplindia.ernet.in/time.php
Last Update : 04 / 03 / 2008

Please Confirm : That in-fact the NPL is still Transmitting a
Standard Time & Frequency Signal on 10 MHz -or- Not.

-Or- Please Correct : The NPL -webpage- ASAP.
http://www.nplindia.ernet.in/time.php

A Reply to Me {for Publication} with the Actions that you have
taken to Confirm or Correct this Issue would be Appreciated.

Question : Indian Time Signal "ATA" still on 10 MHz ?
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/2cb8a5ea9aabddf5

shortwave radio - it's about listening ~ RHF
Twain Harte, California -USA-
.

RHF

Apr 24, 2008, 7:28:40 AM4/24/08
On Apr 17, 11:22 am, RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:

A Friendly Hello To :
The Good Shortwave Radio Listening (SWL) Citizens of India
National Physical Laboratory (NPL) of India
Government of India

NPL -webpage-
Standard Time & Frequency Signals Broadcast Service :

Call Sign `ATA' -http://www.nplindia.ernet.in/time.php
Last Update : 04 / 03 / 2008

After One Week the NPL -webpage- Still Reads :

"HF broadcast service operating at 10 MHz under call sign
ATA to synchronise the user clock within a millisecond"

Also NO Reply to my Post to the NPL for Confirmation -or- Correction.

~ RHF
.

- Date : Thu, 17 Apr 2008
- To : WebMaster and Technical Staff,
[...]