One Yard or One Metre Diameter Hula-Hoop Signal Turn (1T) Coax Cable {Shielded} Loop Antenna for Shortwave Radio Listening (SWL)

RHF

May 8, 2008, 9:28:43 PM5/8/08
For Shortwave Radio Listeners in Apartments and Condos
and for a reasonable Indoor {Semi-Safe} Shortwave Antenna
to use with a Battery Powered Radio during Thunder and
Lightning Storms -consider-

The One Yard or One Metre Diameter size of Hula-Hoops
can be used to make a Signal Turn Coax Cable {Shielded}
Loop Antenna for Shortwave Radio Listening. With the
resulting Loop Antenna Element being about 9' 5" to 10' 4"
in Size.

Placed the Loop Antenna Element on a Window using a
short 3~5 Feet feed-in-line made {part of} with the same
single continous piece of Coax Cable.

-IF- Needed small {tiny} RF Signal Amplification is required
with your Radio / Receiver -then- Use an MFJ-1020 Active
Antenna as a Pre-Selector between the Loop Antenna
Element and your Radio/Receiver.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/1413.html
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/1413rear.jpg
* These Active Antenna / Pre-Selectors work too.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/1512.html
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/1492.html
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/3059.html

My Magnetic Loop Antenna -by- Alex Krist [KR1ST]
http://www.kr1st.com/magloop.htm

A Magnetic Loop Antenna for Shortwave Listening (SWL)
http://www.kr1st.com/swlloop.htm
-by- Alex Krist [KR1ST] - http://www.kr1st.com/

A Small Loop Antenna - That is Not a Magnetic Loop Antenna
-by- Dr. Jef Verborgt -source- AntennaX.Com
http://www.antennex.com/hws/ws0201/nonmag.htm

Shielded-Loop Receiving Antenna -by- Monty Northrup, [N5ESE]
http://www.io.com/~n5fc/loop_ant.html

Magnetic Loop Links -by- Steve [AA5TB]
http://hps.infolink.com.br/py1ahd/gallery11.htm

SEARCH -for- Coax Cable Shielded Loop Antenna Posts
by RHF here on : Rec.Radio.Shortwave
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/search?group=rec.radio.shortwave&q=Coax+Cable+Shielded+Loop+Antenna+RHF

That-Something-Extra - "Simple FM Loop Antenna"
http://www.skywaves.info/index.php?entityType=HTML&id=139
-by- John Faulkner
-source- Skywaves : The Home of FM and TV Dxing in the UK
http://www.skywaves.info/index.php?id=home
Avoid Shielded Coax Cable for AM Loops
http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx/antenna/loop/loop4.html
-by- Steve Byan & David Moore -source- rec.radio.shortwave
.
.
it's good to be in-the-loop - iane ~ RHF {pomkia}
.
Are You Interested in building a better Shortwave Listening*
(SWL) Antenna ? {SWL Group} => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
.
RHF's Standard "Shortwave Radio Listener (SWL) Antennas Group"
Reference Message Signature-Line => http://tinyurl.com/25zbrg
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/411dac3b4a1798e0
.
* Remember 55.5% of Shortwave Radio Listening (SWL)
is the Shortwave Antenna =>http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
.
RHF's Radio Shack in Twain Harte, California -USA-
SHACK INFO =>http://tinyurl.com/2skmxm
Shortwave Radio / Receiver and SWL Antenna Info
.
-=2SKMXM=-
-=25ZBRG=-
SWR3:SWL:INFO
.

m II

May 9, 2008, 2:24:59 PM5/9/08
RHF wrote:

> The One Yard or One Metre Diameter size of Hula-Hoops
> can be used to make a Signal Turn Coax Cable {Shielded}
> Loop Antenna for Shortwave Radio Listening.

The loop pretty much guarantees that the *signal* turns!

mike

RHF

May 9, 2008, 2:42:41 PM5/9/08

That would be Single Turn as in One (1) Turn. ~ RHF
.