OT: 56 degrees at sunup, looking for high around 85

dave

Jul 23, 2011, 9:07:49 AM7/23/11
What happened to all the Sean Hannity claims that snow proves Global
Warming is a hoax? Doesn't buckled pavement in Boston prove it isn't?

arthr...@webtv.net

Jul 23, 2011, 9:18:26 PM7/23/11
On Jul 23, 9:07 am, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:
> What happened to all the Sean Hannity claims that snow proves Global
> Warming is a hoax? Doesn't buckled pavement in Boston prove it isn't?

Buckled pavement ? In Boston ?? Global warming ??? Have you ever seen
the cars from Buffalo , NY ???? Winter+ snow , not the heat is the
reason . All that salt they spread on the roads is at fault . Wake
up , Dave !

J R

Jul 23, 2011, 10:12:58 PM7/23/11
Where you been all your life? Buckled pavement, buckled Railroad tracks,
frying eggs on the sidewalk, cows giving powdered milk, sinkholes,
volcanoes, that kind of stuff has been happening ever since forever.
cuhulin

dave

Jul 24, 2011, 9:52:05 AM7/24/11
Not everywhere at the same time. You can't find another time with this
much foul weather all at the same time. It' snowing in Brazil. Last year
they had a hurricane.

J R

Jul 24, 2011, 10:50:18 AM7/24/11
Chile got a bunch of Snow too.Watch out for the Snow Snake!

Utilities shut off airconditioners
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=310879

What Hotrock posted about Shielding.

Shields Up!
cuhulin

arthr...@webtv.net

Jul 24, 2011, 9:01:23 PM7/24/11

Are you aware that it is actually winter time in the Southern
Hemisphere at this time ? And why can't Brazil have a hurricane ?

J R

Jul 24, 2011, 10:25:08 PM7/24/11
We got a real Good rain over here today, with a lot of thunder and I
kept loseing my DirecTV satellite signal.When doggy and I were in the
back yard, that Lightning caused her to go high steppin back to the back
door, after she had did her ''business''.
cuhulin

m II

Jul 25, 2011, 12:37:55 AM7/25/11
arthr...@webtv.net wrote:

> Are you aware that it is actually winter time in the Southern
> Hemisphere at this time ? And why can't Brazil have a hurricane ?

Since Catarina had made landfall in an area which has never, according
to reliable records, experienced a tropical cyclone before, the damage
was quite severe. Despite being an unprecedented event, Brazilian
officials took the appropriate actions and warned the public about the
approaching storm. Residents heeded the warnings and prepared for the
storm by either evacuating or by riding it out in their homes. Catarina
ended up destroying 1,500 homes and damaging around 40,000 others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Catarina

=======================================

mike

signature.asc

arthr...@webtv.net

Jul 25, 2011, 1:14:14 AM7/25/11
On Jul 25, 12:37 am, m II <C...@in.the.hat> wrote:
>  signature.asc
> < 1KViewDownload

And that is a 'hurricane' ? At a meager 100 MPH wind ?? Are you
kidding me ???

m II

Jul 25, 2011, 1:22:43 AM7/25/11
arthr...@webtv.net wrote:

> And that is a 'hurricane' ? At a meager 100 MPH wind ?? Are you
> kidding me ???

They're on a budget.

mike

signature.asc

Brenda Ann

Jul 25, 2011, 1:37:08 AM7/25/11

wrote in message

That would be a Category 2 hurricane... though, in the southern hemisphere,
it would be an anticyclone, with reverse rotation to a northern hemisphere
storm.

dave

Jul 25, 2011, 9:16:41 AM7/25/11
On 07/24/2011 06:01 PM, arthr...@webtv.net wrote:

> Are you aware that it is actually winter time in the Southern
> Hemisphere at this time ? And why can't Brazil have a hurricane ?

The South Atlantic ocean had previously been hurricane free. Denying man
made global warming this late in the game betrays you as a kook. Even
Steve Forbes finally sees the light.

http://blogs.forbes.com/kenrapoza/2011/07/20/snow-in-brazil-blazing-heat-in-us-as-climate-change-continues/

dave

Jul 25, 2011, 9:18:21 AM7/25/11

That's about all DirecTV is good for.

dave

Jul 25, 2011, 9:19:21 AM7/25/11

bpnjensen

Jul 25, 2011, 11:41:35 AM7/25/11
On Jul 24, 10:37 pm, "Brenda Ann" <newsgro...@fullspectrumradio.org>
wrote:
> wrote in messagenews:37ead3aa-9663-4d53...@fv14g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...

> On Jul 25, 12:37 am, m II <C...@in.the.hat> wrote:
>

> > arthrny...@webtv.net wrote:
> > > Are you aware that it is actually winter time in the Southern
> > > Hemisphere at this time ? And why can't Brazil have a hurricane ?

> > Since Catarina had made landfall in an area which has never, according
> > to reliable records, experienced a tropical cyclone before, the damage
> > was quite severe. Despite being an unprecedented event, Brazilian
> > officials took the appropriate actions and warned the public about the
> > approaching storm. Residents heeded the warnings and prepared for the
> > storm by either evacuating or by riding it out in their homes. Catarina
> > ended up destroying 1,500 homes and damaging around 40,000 others.
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Catarina
>
> > =======================================
>
> > mike
>
> >  signature.asc
> > < 1KViewDownload
>
> And that is a 'hurricane' ?  At a meager 100 MPH wind ??  Are you
> kidding me ???
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----

> That would be a Category 2 hurricane... though, in the southern hemisphere,
> it would be an anticyclone, with reverse rotation to a northern hemisphere
> storm.- Hide quoted text -

An anticyclone is technically something that rotates in reverse to
what the normal Coriolis would force it to do. In the Northern
Hemisphere, an anticyclone would rotate clockwise. In the Southern
Hemisphere, a regular cyclone would normally rotate clockwise, because
that is what the Coriolis "force" would compel it to do. An
anticyclone would rotate CCW in the SH.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anticyclone

bpnjensen

Jul 25, 2011, 11:38:21 AM7/25/11
On Jul 25, 6:16 am, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:

> On 07/24/2011 06:01 PM, arthrny...@webtv.net wrote:
>

> > Are you aware that it is actually winter time in the Southern
> > Hemisphere at this time ? And why can't Brazil have a hurricane ?
>
> The South Atlantic ocean had previously been hurricane free. Denying man
> made global warming this late in the game betrays you as a kook. Even
> Steve Forbes finally sees the light.
>
> http://blogs.forbes.com/kenrapoza/2011/07/20/snow-in-brazil-blazing-h...

Part of the reason that Brazil cannot have a hurricane is because in
the regiojn of Brazil most likely to receive one from the North
Atlantic, a hurricane cannot survive. A hurricane requires a
significant amount of Coriolis to form and maintain. Between about 10
north to 10 south, there is simply not enough Coriolis present. Big
humungous T-Storm complexes, yes - but not a large scale cyclonic
circulation.

And, since hurricanes actually are born off the west end of the Sahara
desert in the eastern North Atlantic, and the area south of the
equator in Africa has no similar counterpart or currents, Brazil at
any location is very unlikely to receive a hurricane. However, that
was then; this is now.

In fact, most Republican leaders KNOW that global warming is about
120% human-induced. When it becomes politically expedient to admit
it, they will.

Bruce Jensen

J R

Jul 25, 2011, 12:13:09 PM7/25/11
When you flush your crapper, which way does the water (and crap) flow?
Quick now, go check it out.
cuhulin

J R

Jul 25, 2011, 12:54:35 PM7/25/11
I only drive about 30 - 35 - 40 Miles Per Hour on the slowwwwww poke
back roads (Highway 18 to Greenway Drive to the Dangerous Walmart store,
or across Highway 18 to the Lowe's store, or Highway 80 to Gallitin
Street and catch I-20 Frontage Road to the Animal Health Products store)
wherever I go shopping.Barely raising any dust at all.Category 0.
cuhulin

bpnjensen

Jul 25, 2011, 11:44:47 AM7/25/11
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anticyclone- Hide quoted text -

I would also add that, except for the rare anticyclonic tornado (about
<1% of all twisters), anticyclones are almost universally very gentle
and benign in terms of wind and circulation (think high pressure
area). The worst things they bring are excessive heat or cold.

bpnjensen

Jul 25, 2011, 2:25:44 PM7/25/11
On Jul 23, 6:07 am, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:
> What happened to all the Sean Hannity claims that snow proves Global
> Warming is a hoax? Doesn't buckled pavement in Boston prove it isn't?

The only hoax is the one the oil companies have been foisting upon the
uneducated.

John Smith

Jul 25, 2011, 2:33:04 PM7/25/11

Not only that, but the "whirlpool" that water makes going down a drain
rotates in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere, as it does
in the northern hemisphere ... oxygen molecules are very slightly
magnetic, as is water ... and, probably has some affect on this phenomenon.

Regards,
JS

J R

Jul 25, 2011, 4:03:02 PM7/25/11
On, and near the Equator, that water flows counterclockwise, and or,
clockwise, or doesn't rotate at all.Sometimes it also does so in the
Northern Hemisphere and the Southern Hemisphere.It isn't 'etched in
stone', perse.
cuhulin

bpnjensen

Jul 25, 2011, 4:03:04 PM7/25/11
On Jul 25, 11:33 am, John Smith <bit_buc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/24/2011 10:37 PM, Brenda Ann wrote:
>

> > wrote in message

> >> ============================================
>
> >> Since Catarina had made landfall in an area which has never, according
> >> to reliable records, experienced a tropical cyclone before, the damage
> >> was quite severe. Despite being an unprecedented event, Brazilian
> >> officials took the appropriate actions and warned the public about the
> >> approaching storm. Residents heeded the warnings and prepared for the
> >> storm by either evacuating or by riding it out in their homes. Catarina
> >> ended up destroying 1,500 homes and damaging around 40,000 others.
>
> >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Catarina
>
> >> =======================================
>
> >> mike
>
> >> signature.asc
> >> < 1KViewDownload
>
> > And that is a 'hurricane' ? At a meager 100 MPH wind ?? Are you
> > kidding me ???
>
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----
>
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----

> > That would be a Category 2 hurricane... though, in the southern
> > hemisphere, it would be an anticyclone, with reverse rotation to a
> > northern hemisphere storm.
>
> Not only that, but the "whirlpool" that water makes going down a drain
> rotates in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere, as it does
> in the northern hemisphere ... oxygen molecules are very slightly
> magnetic, as is water ... and, probably has some affect on this phenomenon.
>
> Regards,
> JS- Hide quoted text -

Not so. The Coriolis effect is mathematically VERY tiny, and on
anything less than meso-scale and larger circulation (thunderstorm
size and upward) operating over long periods of time (severfal hours
and longer) it is not going to to have an appreciable effect, even at
the poles. It *can* be demonstrated in a very large circular pool of
water, deionized helpful, if one watches for several hours or days -
but in an ordinary drain or toilet, where the forces of friction, bowl
shape, drain configuration, surface tension and simple time greatly
exceed that of the Coriolis, the Coriolis will have no observable
effect.

See here:

http://www.ems.psu.edu/~fraser/Bad/BadCoriolis.html

Bruce Jensen

Brenda Ann

Jul 25, 2011, 4:51:11 PM7/25/11

"bpnjensen" wrote in message

> Not only that, but the "whirlpool" that water makes going down a drain
> rotates in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere, as it does
> in the northern hemisphere ... oxygen molecules are very slightly
> magnetic, as is water ... and, probably has some affect on this
> phenomenon.
>
> Regards,
> JS- Hide quoted text -

Not so. The Coriolis effect is mathematically VERY tiny, and on
anything less than meso-scale and larger circulation (thunderstorm
size and upward) operating over long periods of time (severfal hours
and longer) it is not going to to have an appreciable effect, even at
the poles. It *can* be demonstrated in a very large circular pool of
water, deionized helpful, if one watches for several hours or days -
but in an ordinary drain or toilet, where the forces of friction, bowl
shape, drain configuration, surface tension and simple time greatly
exceed that of the Coriolis, the Coriolis will have no observable
effect.

See here:

http://www.ems.psu.edu/~fraser/Bad/BadCoriolis.html

Bruce Jensen

I can't speak specifically to the Coriolis effect, but I CAN verify that, at
least toilets, of the standard US variety, do indeed drain in the opposite
way south of the equator. At places near the equator, there is no 'swirl'
at all, they drain straight down. This is a personal observation, using only
US brands of toilets to keep the number of variables at a minimum.

bpnjensen

Jul 25, 2011, 5:11:55 PM7/25/11
On Jul 25, 1:51 pm, "Brenda Ann" <newsgro...@fullspectrumradio.org>
wrote:

> "bpnjensen"  wrote in message

> > Not only that, but the "whirlpool" that water makes going down a drain
> > rotates in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere, as it does
> > in the northern hemisphere ... oxygen molecules are very slightly
> > magnetic, as is water ... and, probably has some affect on this
> > phenomenon.
>
> > Regards,
> > JS- Hide quoted text -

> Not so.  The Coriolis effect is mathematically VERY tiny, and on
> anything less than meso-scale and larger circulation (thunderstorm
> size and upward) operating over long periods of time (severfal hours
> and longer) it is not going to to have an appreciable effect, even at
> the poles.  It *can* be demonstrated in a very large circular pool of
> water, deionized helpful, if one watches for several hours or days -
> but in an ordinary drain or toilet, where the forces of friction, bowl
> shape, drain configuration, surface tension and simple time greatly
> exceed that of the Coriolis, the Coriolis will have no observable
> effect.
>
> See here:
>
> http://www.ems.psu.edu/~fraser/Bad/BadCoriolis.html
>
> Bruce Jensen
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----

> I can't speak specifically to the Coriolis effect, but I CAN verify that, at
> least toilets, of the standard US variety, do indeed drain in the opposite
> way south of the equator.  At places near the equator, there is no 'swirl'
> at all, they drain straight down. This is a personal observation, using only
> US brands of toilets to keep the number of variables at a minimum.

From the article I cited:

"Compared to the rotations that one usually sees (tires on a
travelling automobile, a compact disc playing music, or a draining
sink), the rotation of the Earth is very small: only one rotation per
day. The water in a sink might make a rotation in a few seconds and so
have a rotation rate ten thousand times higher than that of the Earth.
It should not be surprising, therefore, to learn that the Coriolis
force is orders of magnitude smaller than any of the forces involved
in these everyday spinning things. The Coriolis force is so small,
that it plays no role in determining the direction of rotation of a
draining sink anymore than it does the direction of a spinning CD.

The direction of rotation of a draining sink is determined by the way
it was filled, or by vortices introduced while washing. The magnitude
of these rotations may be small, but they are nevertheless gargantuan
by comparison to the rotation of the Earth. I decided to include a
picture of a draining sink, and the first one I tried in my house was
found to drain clockwise (the opposite of what the silly assertions
would have it do here in the northern hemisphere). This direction was
determined entirely by the way the tap filled the sink. The direction
of rotation of a draining toilet is determined by the way the water
just under the rim is squirted into the bowl when it is flushed."

Bruce Jensen

J R

Jul 25, 2011, 5:15:33 PM7/25/11
Ships, heading out Eastward from America to Europa, those Ships steer a
little farther North due to the Coriolis effect trying to push them too
far South of their destination.

dxAce was in the U.S.Navy, perhaps he knows something about that.

I read about it in a book many Moons ago.
cuhulin

bpnjensen

Jul 25, 2011, 5:08:20 PM7/25/11
wrote:
> "bpnjensen"  wrote in message

> > Not only that, but the "whirlpool" that water makes going down a drain
> > rotates in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere, as it does
> > in the northern hemisphere ... oxygen molecules are very slightly
> > magnetic, as is water ... and, probably has some affect on this
> > phenomenon.
>
> > Regards,
> > JS- Hide quoted text -

> Not so.  The Coriolis effect is mathematically VERY tiny, and on
> anything less than meso-scale and larger circulation (thunderstorm
> size and upward) operating over long periods of time (severfal hours
> and longer) it is not going to to have an appreciable effect, even at
> the poles.  It *can* be demonstrated in a very large circular pool of
> water, deionized helpful, if one watches for several hours or days -
> but in an ordinary drain or toilet, where the forces of friction, bowl
> shape, drain configuration, surface tension and simple time greatly
> exceed that of the Coriolis, the Coriolis will have no observable
> effect.
>
> See here:
>
> http://www.ems.psu.edu/~fraser/Bad/BadCoriolis.html
>
> Bruce Jensen
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----

> I can't speak specifically to the Coriolis effect, but I CAN verify that, at
> least toilets, of the standard US variety, do indeed drain in the opposite
> way south of the equator.  At places near the equator, there is no 'swirl'
> at all, they drain straight down. This is a personal observation, using only
> US brands of toilets to keep the number of variables at a minimum.

It's another phenomenon. The Coriolis effect is extremely tiny
compared to virtualy every other possible force that acts on the
water.

RHF

Jul 25, 2011, 7:58:52 PM7/25/11

So Fill a Sink with a 2-Gallons of Water
and let it sit for and Hour.

Un-Stop the Sink and Watch it Drain

What Do You 'See" ?

Most often it starts Draining Straight-Down;
but by the last 1/10th it is Swirling Around
. . . CW -or- CCW . . .

trust-but-verify ~ RHF
.

RHF

Jul 25, 2011, 8:00:42 PM7/25/11
On Jul 25, 6:16 am, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:
> On 07/24/2011 06:01 PM, arthrny...@webtv.net wrote:
>

> > Are you aware that it is actually winter time in the Southern
> > Hemisphere at this time ? And why can't Brazil have a hurricane ?
>
> The South Atlantic ocean had previously been hurricane free. Denying man
> made global warming this late in the game

- betrays you as a kook.

? M4 Mania Dave is... that....
Your Expert Opinion !
.

> Even
> Steve Forbes finally sees the light.
>

> http://blogs.forbes.com/kenrapoza/2011/07/20/snow-in-brazil-blazing-h...

RHF

Jul 25, 2011, 8:19:19 PM7/25/11
On Jul 25, 8:38 am, bpnjensen <bpnjen...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jul 25, 6:16 am, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:
>
> > On 07/24/2011 06:01 PM, arthrny...@webtv.net wrote:
>
> > > Are you aware that it is actually winter time in the Southern
> > > Hemisphere at this time ? And why can't Brazil have a hurricane ?
>
> > The South Atlantic ocean had previously been hurricane free. Denying man
> > made global warming this late in the game betrays you as a kook. Even
> > Steve Forbes finally sees the light.
>
> >http://blogs.forbes.com/kenrapoza/2011/07/20/snow-in-brazil-blazing-h...
>
> Part of the reason that Brazil cannot have a hurricane is because in
> the regiojn of Brazil most likely to receive one from the North
> Atlantic, a hurricane cannot survive.  A hurricane requires a
> significant amount of Coriolis to form and maintain.  Between about 10
> north to 10 south, there is simply not enough Coriolis present.  Big
> humungous T-Storm complexes, yes - but not a large scale cyclonic
> circulation.
>
> And, since hurricanes actually are born off the west end of the Sahara
> desert in the eastern North Atlantic, and the area south of the
> equator in Africa has no similar counterpart or currents, Brazil at
> any location is very unlikely to receive a hurricane.  However, that
> was then; this is now.

- In fact, most Republican leaders KNOW that

Ah BpnJ : You Now Claim To Read Minds -r-o-t-f-l-

- global warming is about 120% human-induced.

Take a new math class -or- better rephrase.

If there is a 'static' base-line for Natural
{Earth-Sun} that would be 100%.
-but-oops- the Natural {Earth-Sun} is NOT
'static' : It is Dynamic and Ever Changing
in Cycles that Range from 10s and 100s of
thousands of years. ?millions more likely!

Now is the Earths Climate Changing Naturally
-could-be-

Will Natural Earth Climate Change Happen
-well-of-course-naturally-over-time-

Will either or both affect Humanity
-most-certainly-!-

Can Humanity Stop Natural Earth Climate Change
-nah-it's-adapt-or-die-

Carbon Credit Tax Wealth Transfer Schemes
Will NOT Stop Natural Earth Climate Change
-just-rob-the-workers-to-make-a-few-
-rich-people-richer-=s-death-by-taxes-

~ RHF
.
.

J R

Jul 25, 2011, 9:13:30 PM7/25/11

dave

Jul 25, 2011, 10:22:13 PM7/25/11
We have volcanos; you don't?

bpnjensen

Jul 26, 2011, 10:50:46 AM7/26/11

For ships at sea hoping to effect a great circle course (the shortest
distance between two points), the course would appear as an arc on any
projection map other than a globe or specialized polar projection.
Going eastward, this would appear as a clockwise arc. It is probable
that at this global scale, Coriolis would alter the current enough to
steer the boat too far south.

Bruce Jensen

bpnjensen

Jul 26, 2011, 10:59:24 AM7/26/11
On Jul 25, 5:19 pm, RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> - In fact, most Republican leaders KNOW that
>
> Ah BpnJ : You Now Claim To Read Minds -r-o-t-f-l-

Privately, many of them ADMIT it. No joke. It's a matter of
politics.

> - global warming is about 120% human-induced.
>
> Take a new math class -or- better rephrase.

No, this is accurate. Unde rnormal natural conditions, without the
added CO2 released by 200 years of heavy fossil fuel buring, the
eartgh's climate would most probably be slowly cooling at this point,
about 20% of the rate at which it is now heating. 20% + 100% = 120%.
Even NASA and several other scientific bodies describe it this exact
way.

I am a scientist. I don't need to take another math class. I know
how numbers are expressed. I also know how and why climate change is
occuring. Here is a little lesson if you care to actually read
acquired knowledge instead of repeat paranoid conservative talking
points:

http://www.aip.org/history/climate/co2.htm#survey

> If there is a 'static' base-line for Natural
> {Earth-Sun} that would be 100%.
> -but-oops- the Natural {Earth-Sun} is NOT
> 'static' : It is Dynamic and Ever Changing
> in Cycles that Range from 10s and 100s of
> thousands of years. ?millions more likely!

Blah blah blah. Gross generalizations and obfuscation.

> Now is the Earths Climate Changing Naturally
> -could-be-
>
> Will Natural Earth Climate Change Happen
> -well-of-course-naturally-over-time-

Same as above. You can just broadbrush and whitewash everything like
your corporate oil masters, or you can crunch actual numbers and make
actual measurements, like scientists.

> Will either or both affect Humanity
> -most-certainly-!-
>
> Can Humanity Stop Natural Earth Climate Change
> -nah-it's-adapt-or-die-

> Carbon Credit Tax Wealth Transfer Schemes
> Will NOT Stop Natural Earth Climate Change
> -just-rob-the-workers-to-make-a-few-
> -rich-people-richer-=s-death-by-taxes-

If you had the slightest idea what the hell you were talking about,
I'd continue. As it is, not worth the time or effort.

Bruce Jensen

arthr...@webtv.net

Jul 26, 2011, 11:07:19 PM7/26/11

This was very hotly debated in the newsroup just a while back .
Outcome : the same .

J R

Jul 27, 2011, 9:17:14 AM7/27/11
About 76 degrees here at Sunup.56 degrees is too Cold.
cuhulin

dave

Jul 27, 2011, 9:26:50 AM7/27/11
On 07/26/2011 07:59 AM, bpnjensen wrote:

>> If there is a 'static' base-line for Natural
>> {Earth-Sun} that would be 100%.
>> -but-oops- the Natural {Earth-Sun} is NOT
>> 'static' : It is Dynamic and Ever Changing
>> in Cycles that Range from 10s and 100s of
>> thousands of years. ?millions more likely!
>
> Blah blah blah. Gross generalizations and obfuscation.

As if they forgot to include orbital variations when constructing their
models...

BTW Roy, solar output is way lower than normal right now, yet the
warming continues.

dave

Jul 27, 2011, 10:07:42 AM7/27/11
On 07/26/2011 08:07 PM, arthr...@webtv.net wrote:

> This was very hotly debated in the newsroup just a while back .
> Outcome : the same .

Anybody who thinks the science is not settled is living in a bubble and
will be red-faced when he sees gondolas in Lower Manhattan.

dave

Jul 27, 2011, 10:11:31 AM7/27/11
On 07/27/2011 06:17 AM, J R wrote:
> About 76 degrees here at Sunup.56 degrees is too Cold.
> cuhulin

56 is just right for 5 in the morning. It's been 64 past couple days, a
little less crisp. When I lived in Houston it never dipped below 75 in
the summer.

m II

Jul 27, 2011, 10:50:17 AM7/27/11
J R wrote:
> Ships, heading out Eastward from America to Europa, those Ships steer a
> little farther North due to the Coriolis effect trying to push them too
> far South of their destination.
>
> dxAce was in the U.S.Navy, perhaps he knows something about that.

He knows all about pushing things into southern parts. Ask him about the
Rolexes he was buying his bunk buddies.

mike

signature.asc

dave

Jul 27, 2011, 1:32:39 PM7/27/11

Huh? I thought they used established sea lanes, based on several
considerations.

Brenda Ann

Jul 27, 2011, 4:32:55 PM7/27/11

"dave" wrote in message

64? Oh, for it to be that here... :( The coldest it's been here in a couple
months is something like 75 (23C), and that was at night during a rainstorm.
It rarely reaches 100 here, because of offshore convection, but 95 has been
pretty much the average since late May. Currently 80 degrees at 5:30 AM.

J R

Jul 27, 2011, 5:07:24 PM7/27/11
Why is it when we are sitting in a waiting room and the magazines they
have there for us to read are NEVER WORTH A SHEET!? And why is it when
our appointments are at a certain time and we are there on time, but
almost every time they are about half an hour to about an hour or more,
they are LATE!?
Screw that SHEET!!!
Currently, 91 degrees inside my flower box on doggy's front porch.Doggy
doesn't care nuttin about that front porch, or the back porch either.
cuhulin

dave

Jul 27, 2011, 6:14:18 PM7/27/11
On 7/27/2011 1:32 PM, Brenda Ann wrote:

> 64? Oh, for it to be that here... :( The coldest it's been here in a
> couple months is something like 75 (23C), and that was at night during a
> rainstorm. It rarely reaches 100 here, because of offshore convection,
> but 95 has been pretty much the average since late May. Currently 80
> degrees at 5:30 AM.

I put in my time on the Gulf Coast and the Arizona desert. Say what you
want about California, but we do have some fine weather.

dave

Jul 27, 2011, 6:15:32 PM7/27/11
You obviously don't have Kaiser.

J R

Jul 27, 2011, 7:07:28 PM7/27/11
I own a 1948 Willys Jeep.Kaiser built some Jeeps too.
We got a nice Rain over here at about 5:15 PM this afternoon, it cooled
things down a little bit.Currently, 88 degrees inside my flower box.
cuhulin

arthr...@webtv.net

Jul 27, 2011, 11:02:31 PM7/27/11
On Jul 27, 10:07 am, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:

> On 07/26/2011 08:07 PM, arthrny...@webtv.net wrote:
>

> > This was very hotly debated in the newsroup just a while back .
> > Outcome : the same .
>
> Anybody who thinks the science is not settled is living in a bubble and
> will be red-faced when he sees gondolas in Lower Manhattan.

You have a point there . Canal street used to be exactly what it's
name stands for . A Canal . That was only 200 years ago .

arthr...@webtv.net

Jul 27, 2011, 11:06:35 PM7/27/11

Not when your ship is being hunted by a U-boat .

RHF

Jul 28, 2011, 5:48:19 AM7/28/11
On Jul 26, 7:59 am, bpnjensen <bpnjen...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jul 25, 5:19 pm, RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> > - In fact, most Republican leaders KNOW that
>
> > Ah BpnJ : You Now Claim To Read Minds -r-o-t-f-l-
>
> Privately, many of them ADMIT it.  No joke.  It's a matter of
> politics.
>
> > - global warming is about 120% human-induced.
>
> > Take a new math class -or- better rephrase.
>
> No, this is accurate.  Unde rnormal natural conditions, without the
> added CO2 released by 200 years of heavy fossil fuel buring, the
> eartgh's climate would most probably be slowly cooling at this point,
> about 20% of the rate at which it is now heating.  20% + 100% = 120%.
> Even NASA and several other scientific bodies describe it this exact
> way.

- I am a scientist.

BjnJ,

OMG - ? Shall We All Bow Down Before You !
-'hint'-that's-not-likely-to-happen-
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/8acd9dcd953c0b50
.
Will You -proclaim- It's Settled Science !
-aka- STFU[.] and Think As I Tell You Too !
-yes-master- -phrase-be-the-enlightened-one-
.
Oops ! Oops ! Oops ! Oops ! Oops ! Oops !
.
blah, Blah. BLAH ! 'ClimateGate' -wrt- Global Warming
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/bd9f6497e330da9e
.
Climate-Gate : The 21st Century's Biggest Scientific SCAM !
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/03f8f34788943898
.
Climate-Gate : Never happened-Total Right Wing Fantasy
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/dcf3800097470e85
.
Skeptics-R-Us : Solar Wind Getting Troublesome
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/a95191cf3db48743
-wrt- Climate Change
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/0b01a419d3fbad3f
-aka- Global Warming
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/68349ed73b61d501
-oops- Climate-Gate
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/6482fdf32df41e2a
.
Global Warming Payola -aka- "Climate-Gate"©
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/8938714647f7d1b6
.
It's-Time-4-Us : To Get-Out Our Toilet Paper
Roll and Do-Do Some Scientific Potty Training
Again...
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/0e4177330e2873fb
.
Say "NO" To A Global Carbon Credit Exchange
-and- Say "YES" to an American 1st CO2 Enrichment Tax
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/470ed6750b77c06d
.
Thinking of Pseudo-Science and the Global
Warming to Climate Change to Global Climate
Disruption -Re-Branding-
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/ba39a3698d0315ce
.
The Great Mother Earth Is Having Hot-and-Cold
Flashes {Going Through Menopause}
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/71fa8cad1be91f44
.
Say "YES" to an American CO2 Enrichment Tax
{Re-Greening American & Investing in the USA}
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/03fd866eb3599b1b
.
Scientists Now Predict {More Payola}
Rare 'Hibernation' of Sun-Spots
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/fce19d2150422f0d
.
? Was The Earth To Warm [HOT!] For Snow
& Ice a Million Years Ago !
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/0228bbd66944c799
.
"ClimateGate" The Fraud Behind Global Warming
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/bb19a3dc7d7d4334
-note- Even the Obama-Regime has moved
on to the Topic of simple 'Climate Change'
and tossed out the Excessive Claims of the
"Global Warming" Hysteria Mongers like
The Fal$e Profit Al-of-Gore.
.
More Climate-Gate© Info the Un-Deniable Truth !
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/a95191cf3db48743
.
Climate-Gate : The 21st Century's Biggest Scientific SCAM !
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/03f8f34788943898
=Pseudo-Science=Global-Warming=
.
i reason {think} : therefore i doubt ~ RHF
-and-i-am-certain-of-that-:o)-
.
.

> I don't need to take another math class.  I know
> how numbers are expressed.  I also know how and why climate change is
> occuring.  Here is a little lesson if you care to actually read
> acquired knowledge instead of repeat paranoid conservative talking
> points:
>
> http://www.aip.org/history/climate/co2.htm#survey

- - If there is a 'static' base-line for Natural
- - {Earth-Sun} that would be 100%.
- - -but-oops- the Natural {Earth-Sun} is NOT
- - 'static' : It is Dynamic and Ever Changing
- - in Cycles that Range from 10s and 100s of
- - thousands of years. ?millions more likely!

> Blah blah blah.  Gross generalizations and obfuscation.

- - Now is the Earths Climate Changing Naturally
- - -could-be-
- - Will Natural Earth Climate Change Happen
- - -well-of-course-naturally-over-time-

> Same as above.  You can just broadbrush and whitewash everything like
> your corporate oil masters, or you can crunch actual numbers and make
> actual measurements, like scientists.

- - Will either or both affect Humanity
- - -most-certainly-!-
- - Can Humanity Stop Natural Earth Climate Change
- - -nah-it's-adapt-or-die-
- -
- - Carbon Credit Tax Wealth Transfer Schemes
- - Will NOT Stop Natural Earth Climate Change
- - -just-rob-the-workers-to-make-a-few-
- - -rich-people-richer-=s-death-by-taxes-

dave

Jul 28, 2011, 8:23:52 AM7/28/11

I didn't think Steve was THAT old!

dave

Jul 28, 2011, 8:36:26 AM7/28/11
> {Re-Greening American& Investing in the USA}

J R

Jul 28, 2011, 9:08:25 AM7/28/11
There is a Canal Street in N'Awlins too, it is one of the widest streets
in the World.
Wall Street in New York City used to have walls to keep the pigs out.
cuhulin

dave

Jul 28, 2011, 9:23:09 AM7/28/11

That's one of the stupider qualified superlatives I've seen all morning.
Is it a French word?

J R

Jul 28, 2011, 12:03:18 PM7/28/11
Is Dats Dat a Frog word/term? How about the little Town/Community of
French Camp,Missy Sippy?

RIOT Breaks Out On Hollywood Boulevard.
http://www.standeyo.com

You just gotta love it!

Lets me gits bak to my own Riot, building more heavy duty shelves in my
room with the concrete floor, so I can stash some of my junk on those
shelves.Big boxes of old hand tools and electric tools, all kinds of
heavy duty junk.You know what a Milwaukee Hole Hog is? I have one.
cuhulin

m II

Jul 28, 2011, 1:16:49 PM7/28/11

I don't know, but i suspect the Wall is faulty. It can't even keep the
pigs *IN*, never mind out.

mike

--
I barf at the barfable because I am superior.

Debra Dee Freeman

signature.asc

m II

Jul 28, 2011, 1:25:37 PM7/28/11

The Supreme Commander gets regular 'youth' injections at his weekly
respect sessions.

signature.asc

dave

Jul 28, 2011, 4:14:49 PM7/28/11
On 7/28/2011 9:03 AM, J R wrote:
> Is Dats Dat a Frog word/term? How about the little Town/Community of
> French Camp,Missy Sippy?
>
> RIOT Breaks Out On Hollywood Boulevard.
> http://www.standeyo.com
>
> You just gotta love it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaskade

dave

Jul 28, 2011, 4:23:01 PM7/28/11

I apologize. He's a "DJ" (whatever that means...)

J R

Jul 28, 2011, 5:12:14 PM7/28/11
What does Debra Dee Freeman look like? Is she pretty?

Now, Tropical Storm Don is pushing a rain shower over here every oncent
enema ah while.
I Will Take It!
cuhulin

RHF

Jul 31, 2011, 6:07:58 AM7/31/11

Another Absurd Climate Gate� Moment !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climatic_Research_Unit_email_controversy

Yosemite [NP] Unveils Solar Energy System
http://www.mymotherlode.com/news/local/1341196/Yosemite-Unveils-Solar-Energy-System.html
.
Doing-the-Math :

* Saves $50K of Grid Electricity Costs per Year
Cost $5.8M / $50K -so- Takes~116 Years to
Pay Back the Cost of the [$5.8M] Investment
-oops- That is Only 12% of the actual 'Grid'
Electrical Energy Needs of Yosemite [NP]

* Uses 2800 Solar Panels
Cost $5.8M / 2800 -so- Cost ~$21K per Panel
-ouch-

Hence Another Absurd Climate Gate� Moment ! ~ RHF
http://www.climategate.com/
.
.
Meanwhile the Obama-Regime Targets Detroit
and other Metro Areas for Electrical 'Brown-Outs'
http://www.infowars.com/blackouts-kill-people-in-detroit-as-heat-soars/
.
-aka- Obama Un-Energy Awareness Hours
http://www.infowars.com/obama-agenda-to-bankrupt-power-plants-triggers-blackouts/
.
The Obama-Regime Higher Taxes and Less Services
http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2011/06/detroit_power_system_experienc.html
.
.

dave

Jul 31, 2011, 9:05:08 AM7/31/11
On 07/31/2011 03:07 AM, RHF wrote:

Once again, Ray shoots himself in the foot with his own link...

"According to The Guardian, Jean-Pascal van Ypersele, vice-chair of the
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and science historian
Naomi Oreskes make the case that the "attacks on climate science that
were made ahead of the Copenhagen climate change summit were 'organised'
to undermine efforts to tackle global warming and mirror the earlier
tactics of the tobacco industry".[123] Noting the initial media circus
that occurred when the story first broke, Oreskes and Erik Conway, in an
article about the history of climate change denial, observed that in the
aftermath of the "climategate" investigations,

"the vindication of the climate scientists has received very little
coverage at all. Vindication is not as sexy as accusation, and many
people are still suspicious. After all, some of those emails, taken out
of context, sounded damning. But what they show is that climate
scientists are frustrated, because for two decades they have been under
attack."[124]

Bill Royce, head of the European practice on energy, environment and
climate change at Burson-Marsteller, also observed what appeared to be
an organized effort to discredit climate science. Royce described

"climategate" as "a sustained and coordinated campaign" aimed at
undermining the credibility of the science, and disproportionate
reporting of the original story "widely amplified by climate deniers",
with much less coverage of reports that had cleared the scientists.[125]

Journalist Curtis Brainard of the Columbia Journalism Review
criticised newspapers and magazines for failing to give prominent
coverage to the findings of the review panels, and said that "readers
need to understand that while there is plenty of room to improve the
research and communications process, its fundamental tenets remain as
solid as ever."[126] CNN media critic Howard Kurtz expressed similar
sentiments.[127]"

-ibid

RHF

Aug 1, 2011, 4:32:52 PM8/1/11

So Dave you are happy with it taking 116 Years
Pay-Back on Solar Energy Systems that only have
the potential energy generating life of 15~30 Years . . .
-this-has-been...-

Another Absurd Climate Gate� Moment !

So Dave you are happy with a $21K Price Tag per
Solar Panel in Solar Energy Systems that only have
a potential useful energy life of 15~30 Years . . .
-this-has-been...-

Another Absurd Climate Gate� Moment !

Once Again Doing-the-Math :

J R

Aug 1, 2011, 5:20:47 PM8/1/11
Someday, probally in December, it will be 56 degrees here, expectorating
a high of whatever? When do we set our clocks back one hour?
cuhulin

dave

Aug 2, 2011, 10:34:18 AM8/2/11
On 08/01/2011 01:32 PM, RHF wrote:

> So Dave you are happy with a $21K Price Tag per
> Solar Panel in Solar Energy Systems that only have
> a potential useful energy life of 15~30 Years . . .
> -this-has-been...-
> Another Absurd Climate Gate� Moment !
>
> Once Again Doing-the-Math :
>
> * Saves $50K of Grid Electricity Costs per Year
> Cost $5.8M / $50K -so- Takes~116 Years to
> Pay Back the Cost of the [$5.8M] Investment
> -oops- That is Only 12% of the actual 'Grid'
> Electrical Energy Needs of Yosemite [NP]

I think you probably have an incomplete picture and are taking absurd
conclusions from it.

When you start quoting Alex Jones I know you have gone "over the edge"
as they say.

dave

Aug 2, 2011, 10:37:34 AM8/2/11

When I lived on the Gulf Coast we started sweating around Easter time,
and didn't stop sweating until Halloween (except during hurricane Alicia
28 yars ago!)

Brenda Ann

Aug 2, 2011, 4:12:55 PM8/2/11

"dave" wrote in message

I have no idea where he's getting his data, but a complete small home solar
power system would run about $20K for the entire system (solar panels,
batteries, pure sine inverter (with charger for batteries). If you want grid
intertie, it would cost a little more, perhaps $25K. I have a 2.4 KW system
installed here, more than enough to run the house, including refrigerator.
We still need to upgrade our system to make it totally up to snuff
(more/larger batteries and a few more panels), but then I only have about
$2,000 into the system so far. I'm picking up parts as I can afford them; a
total system would be cheaper if bought all at once. Also, I've had to buy
small panels (45 watts at a time) because I couldn't get larger ones shipped
to me. I've now found a source here in Korea where I can get 200W panels for
about $600 each. If I buy 12 of those, I have the complete 2400W system for
just $7200 more. Given the outrageous cost of power here, it's a total
bargain.

dave

Aug 2, 2011, 7:14:58 PM8/2/11
Maybe Mr. Ranger can get you a job consulting at Jellystone Park.

J R

Aug 2, 2011, 7:52:52 PM8/2/11
There might be something around here cookin underground.Who knows?
cuhulin

Brenda Ann

Aug 2, 2011, 8:06:26 PM8/2/11

"dave" wrote in message

????

J R

Aug 2, 2011, 9:40:55 PM8/2/11
Transtalation,,, Park Ranger at Yellowstone Park.
cuhulin

RHF

Aug 3, 2011, 4:30:30 AM8/3/11

I am only reporting on what the Obama-Regime Green Energy
CZAR {Overlord} has report as being the real {only} truth/facts.
-it's-settled-science-:-there-can-be-no-debate-

so help me obama ~ RHF
.

RHF

Aug 3, 2011, 4:33:20 AM8/3/11

Once Again M4* Mania Dave is having an M4* Mania Moment !

* Mucho Medical-Marijuana Madness [M4]

can there be any other explaination... ~ RHF
.

dxAce

Aug 3, 2011, 4:42:44 AM8/3/11

Brenda Ann wrote:

No question about it, Rickmers is seriously into drug (ab)use.

dave

Aug 3, 2011, 8:48:33 AM8/3/11
On 08/02/2011 05:06 PM, Brenda Ann wrote:

> Maybe Mr. Ranger can get you a job consulting at Jellystone Park.

> ????

This started with Rob Fisk complaining about government waste at a
national park. It ended with me making an obscure Hanna Barbera reference.

dave

Aug 3, 2011, 8:53:35 AM8/3/11
On 08/02/2011 06:40 PM, J R wrote:
> Transtalation,,, Park Ranger at Yellowstone Park.
> cuhulin

Yabba dabba do!

dave

Aug 3, 2011, 8:59:53 AM8/3/11
On 08/03/2011 01:30 AM, RHF wrote:

> I am only reporting on what the Obama-Regime Green Energy
> CZAR {Overlord} has report as being the real {only} truth/facts.
> -it's-settled-science-:-there-can-be-no-debate-
>
> so help me obama ~ RHF
> .

Czar (Tsar?) is a backstage working term concocted by lazy reporters who
understandably are tired of saying "special assistant to the
vice-chairman" type titles for people. It is not an official term and it
has no official meaning.

dave

Aug 3, 2011, 9:08:43 AM8/3/11
On 08/03/2011 01:42 AM, dxAce wrote:

>> ????
>
> No question about it, R8888888s is seriously into drug (ab)use.

How would you like to be sued, Mr. Lare? I don't abuse anything. I use
ridiculously small amounts of substances with scary names because of
chronic pain (as in some days I can't walk). For you to associate my
name with an illegal pathology, having no basis in fact, may be
actionable, Mr. Lare, and I suggest you cease and desist at once.

Steve Lare

Holland Michigan

glory hole

J R

Aug 3, 2011, 1:19:39 PM8/3/11
Don't forget what Smokey the Bear says.
cuhulin

dxAce

Aug 3, 2011, 1:33:16 PM8/3/11

dave wrote:

> On 08/03/2011 01:42 AM, dxAce wrote:
>

> >> ????
> >
> > No question about it, R8888888s is seriously into drug (ab)use.
> >

> How would you like to be sued, Mr. Lare?

You go for it, boy!

dxAce

Aug 3, 2011, 8:54:06 PM8/3/11

dave wrote:

Glory hole?

You must be talking about your ass, boy. That's where your addled head is!

dave

Aug 3, 2011, 9:11:41 PM8/3/11
On 8/3/2011 5:54 PM, dxAce wrote:

>> Steve Lare
>>
>> Holland Michigan
>>
>> glory hole
>
> Glory hole?
>
> You must be talking about your ass, boy. That's where your addled head is!

wide stance

J R

Aug 3, 2011, 9:21:45 PM8/3/11
Oh, Gwro UP!
Get Kelp!
I act a fool once in a while, bit that is only acting.The World is a
Stage and we are all little Actors.
Dream on, dream on teenage Queen, I will see you on the movie
screeeen,,,,,
cuhulin

RHF

Aug 4, 2011, 9:34:14 AM8/4/11

Not just 'Czar' but an Obama-Regime "CZAR" !
-no-controls- -no-restrictions- -no-senate-confirmations-
...and... Only Accountable to President-for-Life Obama [.]

The Ex-Official Uber-Power to Overrule Senate Confirmed Cabinet
Members and Federal Agencies -that- Obama-Regime "CZAR"s !

President-for-Life Obama Illegal and Un-Constitutional War in Libya !

Say "NO" To The Obama-Regime Super-Congress !
-the-gang-of-six-

Impeach President-for-Life Obama NOW ! ~ RHF
.