Google grupās vairs netiek atbalstītas jaunas Usenet ziņas un abonementi. Vēsturiskais saturs joprojām ir skatāms.

Ferrite Rod AM/MW Antennas : To Tilt ? -or- Not to Tilt ? {What's The Difference... If Any ?}

6 skatījumi
Pāriet uz pirmo nelasīto ziņojumu

RHF

nelasīta,
2008. gada 7. marts 19:38:0007.03.08
uz
On Mar 7, 12:27 pm, "Pete KE9OA" <p.gian...@comcast.net> wrote:
Subject Line -was- Palstar Active Antenna
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/9b469d21b923de34
-
- Paul wants to have it ready for Dayton.
- I am not sure when full scale production will start.
- Right now, I am working out the details of the antenna enclosure.
- Should this antenna be tiltable?
- I never use that function, but it seems as if many folks do.
-
- Pete
-

Question - Should this Ferrite Rod Antenna be "Tiltable" ?

Ferrite Rod AM/MW Antennas : To Tilt ? -or- Not to Tilt ?
{What's The Difference... If Any ?}

Pete,

I think that Tilting works best for a Constant and Predictable
Skywave RF Signals which usually means the first Reflection
{Bounce-Skip}. After that things get more scattered and
Tilting seams to work less. [ That's My One-Man's-Opinion. ]

Consider these Two View :

1st - Ferrite Rod Antenna Element that is used in the Flat
[Horizontal] position and is simple Rotated 360 Degrees
around to Receive {Peak or Null-Out} a Radio Signal.
[ This is a Broad-Side : Point-and-Shoot ]
With a Ferrite Rod type Antenna in the Horizontal [Flat]
position and simply Rotated : The normal Angle of Signal
Capture is incident and Equal on Both Horizontal Sides
of the Ferrite Rod.

> || <
> || <
> || <
> || <- Directions of the Incoming RF Signals
> || <
> || <
> || <
> || <

"||" Ferrite Rod that is Flat {Horizontal}

2nd - With a Ferrite Rod type Antenna that is "Tilted" the
normal Angle of Signal Capture is Incident to the Top Surface
that is position to accept Incoming RF Signals directly from
the Sky-Wave; and therefore the Bottom {Back Side} is
postioned for Incoming RF Signals that are Refected "Off"
the Ground. Top and Bottom Signals are NOT Equal*.
* There is a Difference {Delta} between the Direct Sky-Wave
Signals and those Reflected Ground Signals. This Delta is
what "Tilting" the Antenna Element is supposed to do to
Enhance {Optimize} the Surface of the the Tilted Top of
the Ferrite Rod Antenna to Maximise the RF Signal being
received.

|| <
g . || <
r . . . || <
o . . . . . || <= Direction of the Incoming Sky-Wave RF Signal
u . . . . . . . || <
n . . . . . . . . . ||
d . . . . . . . . . . . ||

USING - The Tilled Ferrite Rod Antenna :
The Ferrite Rod Antenna is first Tilted at 45 Degrees and then
Rotated around the Compass 360 Degrees to achieve the Best
RF Signal from the Target AM/MW Radio Station; after which
adjustments to the Tilt and Rotation can be made to Fine Tune
the position of the Ferrite Rod Antenna.

- = I D T A R S = -
.
.
shamelessly promoting my swl antenna & qsl groups : this is
'radio high frequency' and as always - iane ~ RHF {pomkia}
.
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antennas Group => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
The SWL Antenna Discussion Group => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna HELP => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna NEWS => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna INFO => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
* * * All Are Welcome : Including ELMERS and 'Want-to-be-Elmers'
plus plain old "Mister-Know-It-Alls"; and even those Newbees with
"I Know This Is A Really Dumb Question - But _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ "
.
Shortwave Radio Listener QSL Reports News & Info Group
http://groups.google.com/group/shortwave-listener-qsl-reports
Read & Post Your Shortwave Listener (SWL) Reception Reports
SWL-QSL-REPORTS => http://tinyurl.com/3awlyr
.
The Shortwave Listener's Blessing :
SWL BLESSING => http://tinyurl.com/s2bjm
May You Never Tire of Listening to the Radio and Always
have Strong Signals and Noise Free Reception ~ RHF {ibid}
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/9233
.
Tous Sont Bienvenus ! - - - Groupe par Radio
d'auditeur d'onde courte pour des Antennes de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Alle Sind Willkommen ! - - - Shortwave Radiozuhörer
Gruppe für SWL Antennen
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Tutti Sono Benvenuti ! - - - Gruppo Radiofonico
dell'ascoltatore di onda corta per le Antenne di SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Todos São Bem-vindos ! - - - Grupo de Rádio
do ouvinte do Shortwave para Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
¡Todos Son Agradables! - - - Grupo de Radio del oyente
de la onda corta para las Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
= = = = Plain Old American-English Translation = = = =
All are Welcome - - - To Join the Shortwave Listeners
(SWL) Antenna Group on YAHOO !
.

/ \

0 jauni ziņojumi