CHU Moving to 7850

Thomas

Dec 13, 2008, 8:48:47 AM12/13/08
Read the full story here:
http://swling.com/blog/?p=42

Cheers,
Thomas

Bob Campbell

Dec 13, 2008, 8:54:40 AM12/13/08
"Thomas" <twithe...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:f889dcb0-e309-406e...@r22g2000vbp.googlegroups.com...

> Read the full story here:
> http://swling.com/blog/?p=42

Yeah, I heard them just last night, completely swamped by another station on
that frequency.

Hearing them right now on 7335, faint but there.

Telamon

Dec 13, 2008, 9:38:16 PM12/13/08
In article <rKmdnZt5I6MjI97U...@supernews.com>,
"Bob Campbell" <b...@bob.bob> wrote:

The upside of all this is that the Canadian government learned the
importance of CHU to many of their citizens. Most calibration
laboratories have had a SW receiver tuned to WWV for frequency
generator calibration reference and also for a time base reference to
calibrate instruments.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

RHF

Dec 14, 2008, 6:28:12 AM12/14/08
On Dec 13, 5:54 am, "Bob Campbell" <b...@bob.bob> wrote:
> "Thomas" <twithersp...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Heard on 11 Dec 2008
Voice of Russia [VOR] in English on 7335 kHz @ 04:02 UTC
VOR = http://www.ruvr.ru/index.php?lng=eng
.

RHF

Dec 14, 2008, 6:44:44 AM12/14/08

CHU on 7335 kHz in French and English @ 07:33:50 UTC
Fair Signal S3~S4 [3s] yeah I did specifically tune them
in and listening between 07:30~07:35 UTC : So I could report
hearing them @ 07:33:50 UTC on 7335 kHz :-))

CHU on 7335 kHz announcing On-the-Air that on the
1st January 2009 they will be changing Frequency from
7335 kHz to 7850 kHz

CHU on 7335 kHz in French and English @ 11:00 UTC
Very Good Signal S9 [5s]
.
YES - CHU is changing the 7335 kHz Frequency to 7850 kHz
- - - I Heard It On The Radio : CHU Says So [.]

CHU presently Broadcasts on these Frequencies :
3,330 kHz @ 3KW
7,335 kHz @ 10KW
14,670 kHz @ 3KW

Canadian Institute for National Measurement Standards
-per- Raymond Pelletier
http://dx-listening-digest.blogspot.com/2008/09/dxld-chu-frequency-ch...

ARRL : Canada's 7.335 MHz CHU Time Signal :
Could Go Silent, Shift Frequency
http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2006/11/30/100/?nc=1

About CHU Time and Frequency Station (Canada)
http://cbc.am/CHU.htm
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/chu.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHU_(radio_station)
http://inms-ienm.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/time_services/shortwave_broadcasts_e....
.
.
yes i heard it on the ray-di-oh ~ RHF
Twain Harte, CA -USA-
.
Shortwave Listener QSL Reports Newsgroup : SWR3 : 385
http://groups.google.com/group/shortwave-listener-qsl-reports/msg/0dbe5a10dc875443
.
.

RHF

Dec 14, 2008, 7:51:03 PM12/14/08
On Dec 14, 3:44 am, RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> On Dec 13, 5:48 am, Thomas <twithersp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Read the full story here:http://swling.com/blog/?p=42
>
> > Cheers,
> > Thomas
>
> CHU on 7335 kHz in French and English @ 07:33:50 UTC
> Fair Signal S3~S4 [3s] yeah I did specifically tune them
> in and listening between 07:30~07:35 UTC : So I could report
> hearing them @ 07:33:50 UTC on 7335 kHz :-))
>
> CHU on 7335 kHz announcing On-the-Air that on the
> 1st January 2009 they will be changing Frequency from
> 7335 kHz to 7850 kHz
>
> CHU on 7335 kHz in French and English @ 11:00 UTC
> Very Good Signal S9 [5s]
>  .
> YES - CHU is changing the 7335 kHz Frequency to 7850 kHz
> - - - I Heard It On The Radio : CHU Says So [.]
>
> CHU presently Broadcasts on these Frequencies :
> 3,330 kHz @ 3KW
> 7,335 kHz @ 10KW
> 14,670 kHz @ 3KW
>
> Canadian Institute for National Measurement Standards
> -per- Raymond Pelletierhttp://dx-listening-digest.blogspot.com/2008/09/dxld-chu-frequency-ch...

> ARRL : Canada's 7.335 MHz CHU Time Signal :
> Could Go Silent, Shift Frequencyhttp://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2006/11/30/100/?nc=1
>
> About CHU Time and Frequency Station (Canada)http://cbc.am/CHU.htmhttp://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/chu.htmlhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHU_(radio_station)http://inms-ienm.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/time_services/shortwave_broadcasts_e....

>  .
>  .
> yes i heard it on the ray-di-oh ~ RHF
> Twain Harte, CA -USA-
>  .
> Shortwave Listener QSL Reports Newsgroup : SWR3 : 385http://groups.google.com/group/shortwave-listener-qsl-reports/msg/0db...
>  .
>  .

I just heard both CHU on 7335 kHz Ottawa, Canada;
and CKZU [CBU] on 6160 kHz Vancouver, BC; during
the 22:00 UTC Hour; which is 2 PM in the Afternoon
here in California.

* CHU @ 10KW in Ottawa, Canada Off-the-North-Side
of the Horizontal-Out-Arm of the Antenna

* CKZU @ 1KW in Vancouver, BC Off-the-Tip of the
Far-End of the Antenna.

Possible change in Shortwave Radio Radio Reception
due to a re-positioning of the Far-End of the Inverted
"L" Antenna.

Note - Had to move the Far- End of the Inverted "L"
Antenna because we cut down some Dead Beetle
Infested Trees recently with in the last two weeks.

FWIW - The old Far-End was @ 200* and the 'new'
Far-End is now @ 275* and Pointing West+5*. So
the 'new' positioning puts one side of the Inverted
"L" Antenna's Horizontal-Out-Arm facing "South"
@ 185* and the other side facing "North" @ 005*

* = Degrees

iane ~ RHF

RHF

Dec 16, 2008, 2:02:48 AM12/16/08
CHU on 7335 kHz in French and English @ 10:40 UTC
.

CHU on 7335 kHz announcing On-the-Air that on the
1st January 2009 they will be changing Frequency from
7335 kHz to 7850 kHz

FWIW - WWV / WWVH is announcing a Leap-Second
to be inserted on 31December 2008 {Last Day}
[ 2008-12-31 23:59:60 UTC ]
http://www.timeanddate.com/time/leapseconds.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leap_second

.