Good AM/FM/SW "Fringe Area" Receiver?

ron

Jan 27, 2008, 3:38:32 PM1/27/08
Need some ideas for a good AM/FM/SW "Fringe Area" receiver with good
selectivity and sensitivity for rural area reception.
Must be 120VAC power source. Battery power can be optional but not
necessary. Can be table or portable.
I've been looking at the CC RadioPlus, GE SuperRadio III, Radio Shack
Optimus and DX Series, Kaito 1100 series and others. Each has a
downside and some a significant downside. As far as price range goes,
around $300 would be the max.
Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Count Floyd

Jan 27, 2008, 5:00:59 PM1/27/08

I bought a Superradio III and live in SE Florida. I regularly pick up
WBZ, Boston, the NYC stations, WABC, WCBS, WINS, and a lot of the
Philly stations, WPHT and KYW. I also pick up WBBM Chicago and all
stations in between. It was $49.95 at ACE Hardware.

garya...@aol.com

Jan 27, 2008, 6:02:09 PM1/27/08

For AM-FM-SW I highly recommend the CCRadio Plus or an equivalent
under another brand. Sensitivity on AM, FM, and SW is excellent,
selectivity is good on all bands. Sound is better than all others you
listed except the SuperRadio. However, the SuperRadio does NOT have
SW. I believe you would find the CCRadio Plus better on AM and FM
than the SuperRadio plus. I get good FM reception on the CCRadio Plus
that I can't get worth listening on any other radio in my home. It's
a great receiver.

RHF

Jan 27, 2008, 6:14:07 PM1/27/08
On Jan 27, 12:38 pm, ron <ront...@webtv.net> wrote:
-
- Need some ideas for a good AM/FM/SW "Fringe Area" receiver
- with good selectivity and sensitivity for  rural area reception.
- Must be 120VAC power source.
- Battery power can be optional but not necessary.
- Can be table or portable.
- I've been looking at the CC RadioPlus, GE SuperRadio III,
- Radio Shack Optimus and DX Series, Kaito 1100 series
- and others.
- Each has a downside and some a significant downside.
- As far as price range goes, around $300 would be the max.
- Your input would be greatly appreciated.
-

I would recommend the C.Crane CCRadio-SW which
is a Re-Badged Redsun RP2100 AM/FM/SW Radio
-aka- Kaito KA2100 Radio ~ RHF

READ - The CCRadio-SW {Redsun RP2100 Radio}
is an Excellent Stand-a-Lone AM/FM/SW Radio
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/68fd435f62a2dc99
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/8786bb5aae0f3543
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/41a789cfa1affdbf
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/b63b6ae87032cc53

ADD - A Lazy Susan and a Select-A-Tenna for Excellent
AM/MW Reception.

READ - Best Price on the CC Radio Shortwave [CCRadio-SW]
-or- Redsun RP2100 -or- Kaito KA2100 Radio :
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/ae8f106f820b1f93

READ - Opinions about the new CC Radio-SW ?
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/3a35216801305552
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/775beee24ef1fc49
.
Redsun Shortwave Radios Group [ redsun-shortwave-radios ]
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/redsun-shortwave-radios/
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/21d6ba3389cb6b5b
.
the 'redsun shortwave radios' group moderator ~ RHF
.

junius

Jan 27, 2008, 9:30:10 PM1/27/08

I would agree with RHF that the Kaito KA2100 / Redsun RP2100 (or its
C. Crane variant) is probably a good way to go, given user opinions of
this set. Alternately, going on the high side of your budget, the
forthcoming Grundig Satellit 750 could prove interesting, if you're
prepared to wait a bit (due out in mid-March).
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0750.html

RHF

Jan 27, 2008, 11:01:59 PM1/27/08
On Jan 27, 6:30 pm, junius <junjun...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jan 27, 3:38 pm, ron <ront...@webtv.net> wrote:
>
> > Need some ideas for a good AM/FM/SW "Fringe Area" receiver with good
> > selectivity and sensitivity for  rural area reception.
> > Must be 120VAC power source. Battery power can be optional but not
> > necessary. Can be table or portable.
> > I've been looking at the CC RadioPlus, GE SuperRadio III, Radio Shack
> > Optimus and DX Series, Kaito 1100 series and others. Each has a
> > downside and some a significant downside. As far as price range goes,
> > around $300 would be the max.
> > Your input would be greatly appreciated.
-
- I would agree with RHF that the Kaito KA2100 / Redsun RP2100
- (or its C. Crane variant) is probably a good way to go, given user
- opinions of this set.
-
- Alternately, going on the high side of your budget, the forthcoming
- Grundig Satellit 750 could prove interesting, if you're prepared to
- wait a bit (due out in mid-March).
- http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0750.html
-

MUMmm - A Grundig Satellit 750 Portable Radio - yummy ~ RHF
.

Northe

Jan 28, 2008, 8:17:41 AM1/28/08
ron wrote:
> Need some ideas for a good AM/FM/SW "Fringe Area" receiver with good
> selectivity and sensitivity for rural area reception.
> Must be 120VAC power source. Battery power can be optional but not
> necessary. Can be table or portable.

As far as AM goes, you can make a huge difference with almost any radio
by adding an external antenna. I live in southeastern Arizona and
reception becomes sporadic at night (not to mention the number of
frequencies that are dominated by Mexican stations).

I can often peak up stations on my ATS-909 by using my
inductively-coupled Select-A-Tenna loop and carefully tuning and
rotating the loop. I can't speak for the other external AM antennas --
I'm sure that there are others that would work substantially better.

Northe
N6KO
Green Valley AZ

David

Jan 28, 2008, 9:16:19 AM1/28/08

Selectatennas rule! I could get WLS at 3 in the afternoon in Texas with
one of those and an AE3805.

ron

Jan 28, 2008, 5:17:50 PM1/28/08

The only concern I have about the CC Radio Plus is, according to many
reviews I've read, the LCD display fades out and eventually completely
disappears in about 2 years and Crane charges about $50 to fix it.

garya...@aol.com

Jan 28, 2008, 7:49:27 PM1/28/08

Since the CCRadio Plus has only been on the market for 6 months, you
must be mistaken. I got mine as soon as they became available (I
placed order before they were available) and have had no problem.

RHF

Jan 28, 2008, 9:48:15 PM1/28/08
On Jan 28, 2:17 pm, ron <ront...@webtv.net> wrote:
> garyarn...@aol.com wrote:
> > On Jan 27, 12:38 pm, ron <ront...@webtv.net> wrote:
> > > Need some ideas for a good AM/FM/SW "Fringe Area" receiver with good
> > > selectivity and sensitivity for  rural area reception.
> > > Must be 120VAC power source. Battery power can be optional but not
> > > necessary. Can be table or portable.
> > > I've been looking at the CC RadioPlus, GE SuperRadio III, Radio Shack
> > > Optimus and DX Series, Kaito 1100 series and others. Each has a
> > > downside and some a significant downside. As far as price range goes,
> > > around $300 would be the max.
> > > Your input would be greatly appreciated.
>
> > For AM-FM-SW I highly recommend the CCRadio Plus or an equivalent
> > under another brand.  Sensitivity on AM, FM, and SW is excellent,
> > selectivity is good on all bands.  Sound is better than all others you
> > listed except the SuperRadio.  However, the SuperRadio does NOT have
> > SW.  I believe you would find the CCRadio Plus better on AM and FM
> > than the SuperRadio plus.  I get good FM reception on the CCRadio Plus
> > that I can't get worth listening on any other radio in my home.  It's
> > a great receiver.

- The only concern I have about the CC Radio Plus is, according to
- many reviews I've read, the LCD display fades out and eventually
- completely disappears in about 2 years and Crane charges about
- $50 to fix it.
-

RON,

That is the CCRadio Plus by Sangean {Taiwan} -not-
the CCRadio SW by Redsun {China} they are two
differect Radios made by two different manuafacures.

~ RHF

-ps- Telamon be sure to Count this as another
one of my 'Clueless Posts' -cause- IT IS ! ;-{
.

RHF

Jan 28, 2008, 9:59:42 PM1/28/08
On Jan 28, 4:49 pm, garyarn...@aol.com wrote:
> On Jan 28, 2:17 pm, ron <ront...@webtv.net> wrote:
>

> > garyarn...@aol.com wrote:
>
> > > For AM-FM-SW I highly recommend the CCRadio Plus or an equivalent
> > > under another brand.  Sensitivity on AM, FM, and SW is excellent,
> > > selectivity is good on all bands.  Sound is better than all others you
> > > listed except the SuperRadio.  However, the SuperRadio does NOT have
> > > SW.  I believe you would find the CCRadio Plus better on AM and FM
> > > than the SuperRadio plus.  I get good FM reception on the CCRadio Plus
> > > that I can't get worth listening on any other radio in my home.  It's
> > > a great receiver.
- -
- - The only concern I have about the CC Radio Plus is,
- - according to many reviews I've read, the LCD display
- - fades out and eventually completely disappears in
- - about 2 years and Crane charges about $50 to fix it.
- -

YES - The CCRadio+Plus has a histroy of LCD 'problems'.

- Since the CCRadio Plus {that would be the CCRadio SW} has
- only been on the market for 6 months, you must be mistaken.
- I got mine as soon as they became available (I placed order
- before they were available) and have had no problem.
-

GA,

I think that you miss-typed and that would be
the CCRadio SW by Redsun of China -not- the
CCRadio+Plus by Sabgean of Taiwan.

NOTE - One is the CCRadio Plus by Sangean {Taiwan}
-and- the other is the CCRadio SW by Redsun {China}

they are two differect Radios made by two different

Manuafacures.

~ RHF

-ps- Telamon be sure to Count this as another
one of my 'Clueless Posts' -cause- IT IS ! ;-{

-because- Sometimes the "Clueless" Need Help.
.

ron

Jan 29, 2008, 12:11:39 AM1/29/08

What's your best guess on the price of the Grundig?...Maybe I'll wait
till March.

aaa aaa

Jan 29, 2008, 1:37:53 AM1/29/08
I just bought a grundig G5 at radio shack for $150 it works pretty good.
it's am fm sw ssb. It works good with an external antenna. The twin coil
ferrite antenna works great for am. I also use a old magnet cb antenna
that I stick on the top of my house at night and that works really good
with am also.

junius

Jan 29, 2008, 2:22:56 AM1/29/08
> till March.- Hide quoted text -

Eton Corp has the price listed at $300.

http://www.etoncorp.com/grundig

RHF

Feb 7, 2008, 5:06:54 AM2/7/08
On Jan 27, 3:14 pm, RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> On Jan 27, 12:38 pm, ron <ront...@webtv.net> wrote:
> -
> - Need some ideas for a good AM/FM/SW "Fringe Area" receiver
> - with good selectivity and sensitivity for  rural area reception.
> - Must be 120VAC power source.
> - Battery power can be optional but not necessary.
> - Can be table or portable.
> - I've been looking at the CC RadioPlus, GE SuperRadio III,
> - Radio Shack Optimus and DX Series, Kaito 1100 series
> - and others.
> - Each has a downside and some a significant downside.
> - As far as price range goes, around $300 would be the max.
> - Your input would be greatly appreciated.
> -
>
> I would recommend the C.Crane CCRadio-SW which
> is a Re-Badged Redsun RP2100 AM/FM/SW Radio
> -aka- Kaito KA2100 Radio ~ RHF
>
> READ - The CCRadio-SW {Redsun RP2100 Radio}
> is an Excellent Stand-a-Lone AM/FM/SW Radiohttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/68fd435f62a2dc99http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/8786bb5aae0f3543http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/41a789cfa1affdbfhttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/b63b6ae87032cc53

> ADD - A Lazy Susan and a Select-A-Tenna for Excellent
> AM/MW Reception.
>
> READ - Best Price on the CC Radio Shortwave [CCRadio-SW]
> -or- Redsun RP2100 -or- Kaito KA2100 Radio :http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/ae8f106f820b1f93
>
> READ - Opinions about the new CC Radio-SW ?http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/3a35216801305552http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/775beee24ef1fc49
>  .

>  .
> the 'redsun shortwave radios' group moderator ~ RHF
>  .

Telamon,

This Message and Thread Needed both
Your Vast Knowledge and Great Expertise.

but alas you were once again 'mia' ~ RHF

-ps- that's 9 for me and 0 for you
.

Telamon

Feb 7, 2008, 9:33:32 PM2/7/08
In article
<23053db7-06f3-4929...@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
RHF <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote:

I see you are well on your way to the average 200 posts a week. Good
work as always crapping up the news group.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

RHF

Feb 7, 2008, 9:46:32 PM2/7/08

-
- I see you are well on your way to
- the average 200 posts a week.
- Good work as always crapping
- up the news group.
-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California
-

Telamon, "crapping up the news group"

That Must Be A Whole Other Area of Your

Vast Knowledge and Great Expertise.

Plus Telamon - I guess that You are 'Clueless'
about having any Ideas -wrt- "Need some ideas

for a good AM/FM/SW "Fringe Area" receiver

with good selectivity and sensitivity for rural area

reception." per the original posters request.
* Good AM/FM/SW "Fringe Area" Receiver?
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/0105d34ed454950b

Question - Just what kind of Rudder do you have
on that Shortwave Radio that you been Sailing ?

idtars to try and help people ~ RHF
.

Telamon

Feb 7, 2008, 11:10:31 PM2/7/08
In article
<2872313d-fa1e-4bb8...@v17g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,
RHF <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote:

Then thank yourself because you are my experience in news group crapola.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

RHF

Feb 8, 2008, 1:14:50 AM2/8/08
-
- Then thank yourself because you are my experience
- in news group crapola.

-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California
-

Then please pay attention 'little grasshopper' ~ RHF
.

Telamon

Feb 8, 2008, 2:32:55 AM2/8/08
In article
<801e8024-17ae-4cd6...@v17g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,

> > > -
> > > - I see you are well on your way to
> > > - the average 200 posts a week.
> > > - Good work as always crapping
> > > - up the news group.
> > > -
> > > -
> >

> > > Telamon, "crapping up the news group"
> >
> > > That Must Be A Whole Other Area of Your
> > > Vast Knowledge and Great Expertise.
> -
> - Then thank yourself because you are my experience
> - in news group crapola.
> -
> -
>

> Then please pay attention 'little grasshopper' ~ RHF
> .

Pay attention to what? You seem to think that information is knowledge.
Well it isn't without understanding. You post a lot of crap. Some of it
is relevant and most of it isn't. Like I've explained before your posts
read like a Google search result. Since you are incapable of
understanding your own clueless nature I suggest you just accept
it on the faith that I'm right.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Mike

Feb 8, 2008, 10:04:40 AM2/8/08
On Feb 7, 9:33 pm, Telamon <telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid>

Thank God Almighty that we have Telamon to clean up the crap! BTW,
thanks for adding several more crappy posts to the crap level of the
newsgroup. Thanks for spurring RHF to add taunts against you to every
post. Thanks for being so absolutely friggin' clueless that you
motivated me to leave lurker mode to highlight your inane and elitist
hypocrisy. Aren't we all much better off, thanks to the mighty
Telamon?

Absolutely awed at the improvements you bring to this newsgroup,

MWBRYANT

>  RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> > On Jan 27, 3:14 pm, RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> > > On Jan 27, 12:38 pm, ron <ront...@webtv.net> wrote:
> > > -
> > > - Need some ideas for a good AM/FM/SW "Fringe Area" receiver
> > > - with good selectivity and sensitivity for  rural area reception.
> > > - Must be 120VAC power source.
> > > - Battery power can be optional but not necessary.
> > > - Can be table or portable.
> > > - I've been looking at the CC RadioPlus, GE SuperRadio III,
> > > - Radio Shack Optimus and DX Series, Kaito 1100 series
> > > - and others.
> > > - Each has a downside and some a significant downside.
> > > - As far as price range goes, around $300 would be the max.
> > > - Your input would be greatly appreciated.
> > > -
>
> > > I would recommend the C.Crane CCRadio-SW which
> > > is a Re-Badged Redsun RP2100 AM/FM/SW Radio
> > > -aka- Kaito KA2100 Radio ~ RHF
>
> > > READ - The CCRadio-SW {Redsun RP2100 Radio}
> > > is an Excellent Stand-a-Lone AM/FM/SW
> > > Radiohttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/68fd435f62a2dc99

> > >http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/8786bb5aae0f35...

> > > //groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/41a789cfa1affdbfhttp://gro
> > > ups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/b63b6ae87032cc53
>
> > > ADD - A Lazy Susan and a Select-A-Tenna for Excellent
> > > AM/MW Reception.
>
> > > READ - Best Price on the CC Radio Shortwave [CCRadio-SW]
> > > -or- Redsun RP2100 -or- Kaito KA2100 Radio
> > > :http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/ae8f106f820b1f93
>
> > > READ - Opinions about the new CC Radio-SW

> > > ?http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/3a352168013055...

> > > ://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/775beee24ef1fc49
> > >  .
> > > Redsun Shortwave Radios Group [ redsun-shortwave-radios

> > > com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/21d6ba3389cb6b5b
> > >  .
> > > the 'redsun shortwave radios' group moderator ~ RHF
> > >  .
>
> > Telamon,
>
> > This Message and Thread Needed both
> > Your Vast Knowledge and Great Expertise.
>
> > but alas you were once again 'mia' ~ RHF
>
> > -ps- that's 9 for me and 0 for you
>
> I see you are well on your way to the average 200 posts a week. Good
> work as always crapping up the news group.
>
> --
> Telamon

> Ventura, California- Hide quoted text -

RHF

Feb 8, 2008, 11:49:04 AM2/8/08

Mike - May I remind you that you have much Better Things
(more positive) to do with your time here on RRS :
Such as Posting Your . . .

Sharing Shortwave Radio Listening (SWL) Logs
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/482ec78746c078f2

Week # 2 is almost up and phase two of the Telamon
MIA Replies is about complete.

after which things should be back to 'abnormal'
versus 'absurdly abnormal' - hang-in-there ~ RHF

-ps- Telamon here is your "INTRO" *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuiynIn-g9s
* "Tela-Tub-Mon" Take a Lesson and Learn to
Bring a little Sun-Shine into Peoples Lives.
.

RHF

Feb 8, 2008, 2:19:59 PM2/8/08
On Feb 7, 11:32 pm, Telamon
<telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid>
> wrote: In article
> <801e8024-17ae-4cd6-b771-56aa01aa7...@v17g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,
>
> RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:

- s - n - i - p -

- -

- - Then please pay attention 'little grasshopper' ~ RHF

- - .
- -

- Pay attention to what?

Telamon - Thank the fact that you did Reply :
Means that You are in-fact Paying Attention.

- You seem to think that information is knowledge.

Telamon - Information (Step # 1) can create Knowledge
(Step # 2) within the Mind of the Reader . . .

- Well it isn't without understanding.

Telamon - Understanding (Step # 3) comes with
"Thinking" within the Mind of the Reader :
Which Requires Steps # 1 and # 2 To Cccur First [.]

All I can do is Lead the Reader to Step # 1 the Information.

Next the Reader {Seaker-of-Knowledge} has to Read the
Information for himself and become Knowledgeable (Step # 2)

Then the Reader has to Internalize the Knowledge to 'create'
their Own Understanding based on # 1 and # 2
{Personalize the Knowledge}

- You post a lot of crap.

Telamon - Crap-to-You is just 'possibly' Gold-to-the-Newbie
-ps- It is you 'choice' to Read It -or- not; and to Evaluate-it -or-
Discount-it as you choose to do : Based on your own needs.

- Some of it is relevant and most of it isn't.

Telamon - If I am writing to a Newbie hopefully it is 'relevant'
to Their-Needs -but- What is 'relevant' to them may in-fact not
be 'relevant' to you - all-things being 'relevant'.

- Like I've explained before your posts read like a Google search
result.

Yes that they would about right :
1 - Google Search Results {999+ Webpages}
2 - Evaluate the Results {Check-Out the Top 10~30}
3 - Select the most Pertinent 1 to 5 Links {Normally 2~3}
4 - Post those Evaluated-and-Selected Links {by Me}
NET RESULT - Let the Reader Decide to Begin Their Own
Internet Voyage-of-Discovery to satisfy their personal need
for : Information + Knowledge = Understanding.

- Since you are incapable of understanding your own
- clueless nature I suggest you just accept it on the
- faith that I'm right.

TELAMON - YOU WOULD BE WRONG [.]

Telamon - For I Have Faith-in* -and- I Believe-in*
* You + Me {Us} & The Newbies

- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California
-

Telamon : An Old {Seasoned} Techie Looks Oh-So-Smart -when-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techie
They Make the simple Effort to Help a New Techie {Newbie}
in their Quest for : Information + Knowledge = Understanding.

Message has been deleted

Telamon

Feb 8, 2008, 8:44:58 PM2/8/08
In article
<1ab9b8e3-8431-43c9...@y5g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
Mike <mwbr...@aol.com> wrote:

> On Feb 7, 9:33 pm, Telamon <telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid>
> wrote:
> > In article
> > <23053db7-06f3-4929-bf24-4c522f175...@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> Thank God Almighty that we have Telamon to clean up the crap! BTW,
> thanks for adding several more crappy posts to the crap level of the
> newsgroup. Thanks for spurring RHF to add taunts against you to every
> post. Thanks for being so absolutely friggin' clueless that you
> motivated me to leave lurker mode to highlight your inane and elitist
> hypocrisy. Aren't we all much better off, thanks to the mighty
> Telamon?
>
> Absolutely awed at the improvements you bring to this newsgroup,

And I thank God for you. Reading this news group is much more
entertaining with you in it.

Don't thank me for RHF. He got on the news group by himself as did you
Mr. Clueless.

Unless you mean to say I control both of you. In that case take a few
laps around the block and then do 50 pushups. Get back to me when you
have completed these tasks as I have more for you to do.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon

Feb 8, 2008, 10:31:08 PM2/8/08
In article
<85d2d5a4-4ad1-4697...@i72g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>,
RHF <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> On Feb 7, 11:32 pm, Telamon
> <telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid>
> > wrote: In article
> > <801e8024-17ae-4cd6-b771-56aa01aa7...@v17g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,
> >
> > RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> - s - n - i - p -
>
> - -
> - - Then please pay attention 'little grasshopper' ~ RHF
> - - .
> - -
>
> - Pay attention to what?
>
> Telamon - Thank the fact that you did Reply :
> Means that You are in-fact Paying Attention.

< Snip >

Good job. You are well on your way to being this weeks winner.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon

Feb 8, 2008, 10:37:40 PM2/8/08

> On Feb 7, 9:33 pm, Telamon <telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid>
> wrote:
> > In article
> > <23053db7-06f3-4929-bf24-4c522f175...@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> Thank God Almighty that we have Telamon to clean up the crap! BTW,
> thanks for adding several more crappy posts to the crap level of the
> newsgroup. Thanks for spurring RHF to add taunts against you to every
> post. Thanks for being so absolutely friggin' clueless that you
> motivated me to leave lurker mode to highlight your inane and elitist
> hypocrisy. Aren't we all much better off, thanks to the mighty
> Telamon?
>
> Absolutely awed at the improvements you bring to this newsgroup,

< Snip >

Flattery will not get you nominated. I am well aware of your powers of
obfuscation. I suggest you engage others in pointless arguments to win.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

RHF

Feb 8, 2008, 10:40:58 PM2/8/08
On Feb 8, 7:31 pm, Telamon <telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid>
wrote:
> In article
> <85d2d5a4-4ad1-4697-9a61-e5674cd16...@i72g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>,

>  RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> > On Feb 7, 11:32 pm, Telamon
> > <telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid>
> > > wrote: In article
> > > <801e8024-17ae-4cd6-b771-56aa01aa7...@v17g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,
>
> > >  RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> > - s - n - i - p -
>
> > - -
> > - - Then please pay attention 'little grasshopper' ~ RHF
> > - -  .
> > - -
>
> > - Pay attention to what?
>
> > Telamon - Thank the fact that you did Reply :
> > Means that You are in-fact Paying Attention.
>
> < Snip >
>
> Good job. You are well on your way to being this weeks winner.
>
> --
> Telamon
> Ventura, California- Hide quoted text -

btdt ~ RHF
.

Dan

Feb 10, 2008, 5:46:19 PM2/10/08
I have the REDSUN 2100 and it is by far the best radio of it's type I've
ever owned. I purchased mine from a dealer in Hong Kong.

I notice the CC Radio SW is touting this "twin coil ferrite antenna"
with their version of the radio. is this something C Crane added to the
2100?

Does it make the radio any better?

Dan

RHF

Feb 10, 2008, 9:31:58 PM2/10/08
On Feb 10, 2:46 pm, Dan <dco...@nj.rr.com> wrote:
-
- I have the REDSUN 2100 and it is by far the best radio
- of it's type I've ever owned.
- I purchased mine from a dealer in Hong Kong.
-
- I notice the CC Radio SW is touting this "twin coil ferrite antenna"
- with their version of the radio.
- is this something C Crane added to the 2100?
-
- Does it make the radio any better?
-
- Dan
-

Dan,

The CCRadio SW Radio is a re-badged Redsun RP2100 Radio
both have the same "Twin Coil Ferrite Antenna" inside.
http://www.ccrane.com/radios/shortwave-radios/ccradio-sw.aspx
RP2100 =>http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ260124082697

FWIW - Both Radios have a shorter 6.5 Inch Ferrite Rod while the
Twin Coil Ferrite AM Antenna has a longer 8.0 Inch Ferrite Rod.
http://www.ccrane.com/antennas/am-antennas/twin-coil-ferrite-am-antenna.aspx

READ - The CCRadio-SW -v- the Redsun RP2100 Radio - What
About the Twin Coil Ferrite Rod AM/MW Antenna Technology ?
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/c4052af4325b12e3
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/f296e83fa63217b0
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/d7a0da484527188c
* That Twin Coil Ferrite Rod AM/MW Antenna stuff . . .
it's Powerful AM/MW DXing Mojo !
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/d8665eea0b491b84
* The CCRadio-SW {Redsun RP2100 Radio} is an

* Of Ferrite Rods and Twin Coils : The CCRadio-SW Radio
-versus- The Twin Coil Ferrite AM/MW Antenna
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/8786bb5aae0f3543
* BEST PRICE on the CC Radio Shortwave [CCRadio-SW]
-or- Redsun RP2100 Radio -or- Kaito KA2100 Radio
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/ae8f106f820b1f93

C. Crane Co. is simply doing it standard AD-Hype Buzz-Word
Marketing with the "Twin Coil Ferrite Antenna" Thingee. ~ RHF
THINGEE => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61lyGIpWf0s
.
CAUTION : This Post Has Not Been "Approved" by Telamon.
-ps- So Read It Only -If- You Are "Clueless".
.