The Cambridge Soundworks CD740 Radio -COMES ALIVE- With The "Green" Antenna

RHF

Jan 8, 2007, 6:54:07 AM1/8/07
Hello Everyone,

As many of you know I have a Cambridge Soundworks CD740
Radio and it real has very poor AM/MW Radio reception.

"What Are ? Your Kitchen and Bedside Radios = AM & FM plus Shortwave
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/12c85373df180542

.
I even when so far as to post this in the above Message :
NOTE - Do Not Buy The Cambridge SoundWorks CD 740 Radio
for AM/MW Listening - It is a "POS" for AM/MW Reception.
- I have yet to make a AM/MW Antenna for it that
Does Not Require the AM/MW Antenna to be remote from
the Radio due to feed back and distortion and must be
re-tuned for each Radio Station.
- With most other common AM/FM "Table" Radios :
I can use an Un-Tune Two-Three Foot AM/MW Loop Antenna
that is resonant about 860 kHz and Tune the entire
AM/MW Broadcast Band without any problems. Position
the Loop Antenna for the Best Recetion of :
* 650 kHz {KSTE}
http://www.talk650kste.com/main.html
* 860 kHz {KTRB}
http://tinyurl.com/5bvxg
* 1530 kHz {KBHB}
http://www.kfbk.com/main.html
and all the rest of the SF Bay Area AM/MW Radio Stations
come in very well.
.
Cambridge Soundworks CD740 Radio - Reception Questions ????
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/a7c0bc20255038bb

.
Cambridge SoundWorks # 740 Radio - Loop Antenna Up-Sizing ?
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/54103c7b1e3fa6af

.
Well last night the Cambridge Soundworks CD740 Radio CAME ALIVE !
on the AM/MW Radio Band with Good Listening Radio Stations on about
every-other Frequency and I did not have to retune with each change of
the Radio Station. Guess all I really ever need was The "Green"
Antenna !
.
What Miracle-of-Technology made this Happen . . . The "Green" Antenna !

Now to wait and re-test the Cambridge SoundWorks # 740 Radio
during the Day to See {Hear} What's-Out-There ! Report to follow.

yes the 'green' antenna - iane ~ RHF
.
.
. .

RHF

Jan 10, 2007, 8:21:19 AM1/10/07
The "Green" Antenna for AM/MW Radio Reception plus Shortwave Too !

MH - You Got It Right ! :o) ~ RHF

'The so called "Green" Antenna is a Solar Powered Un-Tuned
Ferrite Rod Active Antenna for AM Radio Listening.

An with my Cambridge Soundworks CD740 Radio which really
was a very poor AM Radio -very week AM Radio reception.

The "Green" Antenna made it Come-A-Live with AM/MW Radio
across the Dial (AM Band).

The Cambridge Soundworks CD740 Radio -COMES ALIVE-
With The "Green" Antenna
http://www.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/b18766491f8ef898

May not 'help' the Eton E1 Radio on AM/MW as much as
it did the DEAF the Cambridge Soundworks CD740 Radio
-but- it does allow you to locate the AM/MW Antenna
next-to or just-out-side a Window and position it for
your best AM/MW Reception. And for some AM/MW Radio
Owners and Listeners : This may mean Hearing What You
Want To Hear On The AM/MW Band -or- Turning-on-the-TV !

QUESTION : WHAT IS THE "GREEN" ANTENNA ?
The TG35 is a Indoor AM {Medium Wave} Shortwave and
Longwave Active Antenna.
GREEN => http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ140065562744
The TG35 Active Antenna can be used for AM {Medium Wave}
Broadcasting Band reception. The TG35 Active Antenna
has the frequency coverage from : 30 kHz to 30 MKHz
using two Plug-In Actenna Elements :
* Ferrite Rod Element for the AM {Medium Wave} Band
Frequency Coverage : 520 kHz to 1710 kHz plus Longwave
* Short Whip Antenna Element for the Shortwave Band
Frequency Coverage : 3.0 MHz to 30.0 MHz

QUESTION : WHAT MAKES IT "GREEN" ?
The TG35 Active Antenna has a 500mAh Ni-MH 'rechargeable'
Battery built into the Antenna, this can be 'recharged'
by the Solar Cell that is also built into the Antenna.
GREEN => http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ140065562744
- - - This makes the TG35 Active Antenna a "Green" Product.
Plus - The TG35 Active Antenna can be recharge the Ni-MH
'rechargeable' Battery via the USB Port Connection of a PC.

ANTENNA SIGNAL OUTPUT ?
The TG35 Active Antenna uses a 1/8" (3.5mm) Stereo Plug
as it's Out-Put-Connection.

NOTE - THE TG35 ACTIVE ANTENNA IS AVAILABLE ON EBAY.

i b 'green' with happiness - iane ~ RHF
.
.
- - - In Shortwave-...@yahoogroups.com,
- - - Mark Huss <mhuss1@...> wrote:
-
- The "Green" Antenna is an untuned ferrite rod antenna
- with an amplifier.
- Roughly equivellent to a six inch diameter untuned loop
- antenna with a preamplifier.
-
- It is called "Green" because there is a solar panel built
- in to power the preamplifier. I have not tried it, and it
- does not look interesting enough for me to do so at the
moment.
-
- I am concerned that an untuned ferrite core antenna has
- too small an effective height to make much of an antenna.
- - -
.
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antennas Group => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
The SWL Antenna Discussion Group => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna HELP => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna NEWS => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna INFO => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
* * * All Are Welcome : Including ELMERS and 'Want-to-be-Elmers'
plus plain old "Mister-Know-It-Alls"; and even those Newbees with
"I Know This Is A Really Dumb Question - But _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ "
.
The Shortwave Listener's Blessing :
SWL BLESSING => http://tinyurl.com/s2bjm
May You Never Tire of Listening to the Radio and Always
have Strong Signals and Noise Free Reception ~ RHF {ibid}
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/9233
.
Tous Sont Bienvenus ! - - - Groupe par Radio
d'auditeur d'onde courte pour des Antennes de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Alle Sind Willkommen ! - - - Shortwave Radiozuhörer
Gruppe für SWL Antennen
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Tutti Sono Benvenuti ! - - - Gruppo Radiofonico
dell'ascoltatore di onda corta per le Antenne di SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Todos São Bem-vindos ! - - - Grupo de Rádio
do ouvinte do Shortwave para Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Все Радушны ! - - - Группа оператора
на приеме коротковолнового диапазона
Radio для Aнтенн SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
¡Todos Son Agradables! - - - Grupo de Radio del oyente
de la onda corta para las Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
= = = = Plain Old American-English Translation = = = =
All are Welcome - - - To Join the Shortwave Listeners
(SWL) Antenna Group on YAHOO !
.

/ \